RP TALK

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.
Post Reply
User avatar
UmbraSight
Global Mod
Posts: 2483
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:07 am
Location: Lost in the Snow
Contact:

Re: RP TALK

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:50 am

Reyn wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:17 pm
I'm gonna leave this site for a few months after May.

So OF COURSE now is the time that I think of good RP concepts and character ideas. At the time when I can't use them. Fantastic.
Jot them down, then impress all of us with them when you return
//… under her weight, the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

User avatar
Shinigami
Mod No More
Posts: 6582
Joined: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:10 am
Gender: Eldritch Abomination
Location: I am omnipresent.
Contact:

Re: RP TALK

Post by Shinigami » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:45 am

UmbraSight wrote:
Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:50 am
Reyn wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 9:17 pm
I'm gonna leave this site for a few months after May.

So OF COURSE now is the time that I think of good RP concepts and character ideas. At the time when I can't use them. Fantastic.
Jot them down, then impress all of us with them when you return
TriggerHappy wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:55 pm
Write em down so you don't forget I wanna see em
^
Image I am Shinigami, the local god of death.

vvv Important site links vvv
Da Rules | Da FAQs | Da Staff

Shameless art plug: Visit my DeviantArt!

User avatar
AeronGrey
Bronze
Posts: 1367
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:52 am
Gender: Male
Location: Freshwater, Kanto Region
Contact:

Re: RP TALK

Post by AeronGrey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:43 am

I am going to leave this site forever because I hate you all!




...I'm back, did you miss me?

User avatar
Myrn
Trap Card
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: RP TALK

Post by Myrn » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:04 am

No
Image
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

User avatar
Quirbles
Advanced Mod
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:45 am
Location: my house
Contact:

Re: RP TALK

Post by Quirbles » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:11 am

an important part of character creation is, in my humble opinion, finding out whether or not they would enjoy coke or pepsi as their choice of a soft drink. it says a lot about a person’s taste. their upbringing. what kind of person they are

User avatar
ShadFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War
Posts: 2124
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:50 am
Contact:

Re: RP TALK

Post by ShadFlow » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:15 am

Quirbles wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:11 am
an important part of character creation is, in my humble opinion, finding out whether or not they would enjoy coke or pepsi as their choice of a soft drink. it says a lot about a person’s taste. their upbringing. what kind of person they are
Image
Image

User avatar
Wint
Member+
Posts: 3240
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:07 am
Gender: Eldritch Abomination
Location: Where my hope lies.
Contact:

Re: RP TALK

Post by Wint » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:30 am

Quirbles wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:11 am
an important part of character creation is, in my humble opinion, finding out whether or not they would enjoy coke or pepsi as their choice of a soft drink. it says a lot about a person’s taste. their upbringing. what kind of person they are
I like both.
Says so right here on my Character Sheet, see?
“sorry i cant hear you over the sound of me running headfirst into a concrete wall” - Jhibus aka Shaw

User avatar
AeronGrey
Bronze
Posts: 1367
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:52 am
Gender: Male
Location: Freshwater, Kanto Region
Contact:

Re: RP TALK

Post by AeronGrey » Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:05 pm

Wint wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:30 am
Quirbles wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:11 am
an important part of character creation is, in my humble opinion, finding out whether or not they would enjoy coke or pepsi as their choice of a soft drink. it says a lot about a person’s taste. their upbringing. what kind of person they are
I like both.
Says so right here on my Character Sheet, see?
I prefer coffee, or sometimes tea.

User avatar
valucre
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:53 pm
Contact:

Re: RP TALK

Post by valucre » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:05 pm

Veilstar wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 6:06 am
Is it wrong to fool your rpers into thinking you are doing one genre but are gonna do something a little more gruesome?
That's a good question. I'd say not inherently but that the surprise could be cool or not cool for a number of reasons. If I join a western-themed game because I'm tired of doing scifi, and then it becomes a scifi, then it just isn't the kind of game I'm looking for. If I have no commitment one way or the other and the transition makes sense rather than being abrupt and without cause, it has the potential to be cool

User avatar
Reyn
Community Mod
Posts: 4235
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:59 pm
Location: Ω Dimension
Contact:

Re: RP TALK

Post by Reyn » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Just remember you can't force people to stay.

Don't see the genre change as a 'haha gotcha!' moment, especially if it's from say a more casual genre (where RPers have some control over their character's fate) to something like psychological horror (which relies heavily on the GM). If people feel like they're being dragged along and are just posting reactions as opposed to actions, then they may not post much.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest