Post of the Week.

Friendly conversation on a variety of topics! Pruned daily for neatness.

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Random Accel

Post of the Week.

Post by Random Accel » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:28 am

Guys, with my return, I intend to start this new project on finding good posts and giving it the credit it deserves. Posts will be chosen from each section in rotation (If I looked at casual this week, I would look at inter the next week.). The chosen post, after I get permission from the user who posted it, will be chosen as "Post of the Week", and posted here where everyone can see. I will also try and analyze the post the best I can and why it was chosen, so that everyone can have a glimpse at either what a very good posts looks like in their section, or what they want to do in order to move up to a higher section. Posts applicable for this will be any posts starting from today (9.11). The first Post of the Week will be chosen at the end of the week, on Sunday (9/17). I wish for this to be a long term project, and I am open for any feedback you wish to give. However, Instead of just telling me that It was bad, I want constructive criticism. Wish you the best of luck with your awesome posts!

-Random Accel-

Shinigami

Re: Post of the Week.

Post by Shinigami » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:10 am

Would this include posts in the Open Range? I know it's often viewed as the simplest area of the Casual section (and, in many cases, it is), but there are some really well-written posts in there if you're willing to search. If you like, I could help you search it. I frequent that section anyway. :3
I am an artist, the world my canvas.

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:14 am

Open Range is part of the Casual section, and I will read through the posts there when I look through the casual section. So yes, this would include posts in Open range.

Shinigami

Post by Shinigami » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:42 am

Okay. Was just asking.
I am an artist, the world my canvas.

SPIDAH RAWK

Post by SPIDAH RAWK » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:44 am

I hope to have a post here some time.
I have an suggestion, maybe look in Author's Den sometimes?
ShaFlow wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:01 am
Hold my beer....

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:42 pm

Post of the Week is a way for us to commend people for the effort they have spent on their posts on RPF. We wish to encourage them to make good posts in roleplays and repopulate the sections, not spend more time in the Author's Den. While good work in the Author's Den would be appreciated, Author's Den would have to wait.

Delfi

Post by Delfi » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Random Accel wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:42 pm
Post of the Week is a way for us to commend people for the effort they have spent on their posts on RPF. We wish to encourage them to make good posts in roleplays and repopulate the sections, not spend more time in the Author's Den. While good work in the Author's Den would be appreciated, Author's Den would have to wait.
That's what the writing contest is for ~ I'm working on it but you can see there's an interest check in off topic
Adulthood is where dreams go to die.

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:31 pm

Yes and no. The writing contest would most likely be about pieces of writing specifically for the contest, while post of the week is straight from a roleplay. Also, a casual roleplayer would stand no chance against an advanced roleplayer in the writing contest unless you segregate it, where as Post of the week has a week dedicated for them. Lastly, post of the week is a weekly thing, and I don't think your contest will re happen each week with different standards. The ultimate goal of the two things may be the same, but the method quite different.

Reyn

Post by Reyn » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:42 pm

So, are you just gonna read every single post in every single roleplay in that section for the whole week to decide, or will there be a committee of judges who do that with you? Is it gonna be suggestion/nomination based? Sorry, I'm just a little curious on how you're gonna find these posts
Beat. Time.

Random Accel

Post by Random Accel » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:54 pm

I will answer these questions one at a time.

First of all, I won't have the time to read every single post in that section, as of now. However, I will dig into the more active roleplays first. This means that you have better luck with your posts if that roleplay is active, instead of the roleplay dead for ages and you just made the first post in a month.

Secondly, It is not entirely going to be suggestion based, but posts with a lot of suggestions will definitely be under consideration. The post will be nominated from the active roleplays that I have gone through.

Lastly, It is just me as of now, but I will be looking for people to help me with the process if this gets harder to manage just on my own. I will be sure to hit everyone with updates about this.