(OOC) ALIENS: Revival

Quirbles
Advanced Mod

Re: (OOC) ALIENS: Revival

Post by Quirbles » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Alright, I'm gonna leave you with some advice when joining or writing for an RP. Tone is important, and maintaining that tone is what maintains interest.

Aliens, as a series, is gritty. The pseudo-comedic moments of the film consists of banter between crew members and/or the USCM squad. Rarely [except for Alien 4] is there any over-the-top, ridiculous comedy shit. I figured that when in the RP, you'd figure out this. But you kept on having too much humor. Comedy is fine, believe me; your problem is that you oversaturated it and it quickly became way too much.

I get that RPs really don't matter, but it kills the mood and the world we were trying to make, dude. Having your character fantasize about various things that didn't have anything to do with the story wasn't really comedic, it was just random and sporatic.

We were trying to make Aliens, and you made Alien: Resurrection.

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:36 pm

Quirbles wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:55 pm
Alright, I'm gonna leave you with some advice when joining or writing for an RP. Tone is important, and maintaining that tone is what maintains interest.

Aliens, as a series, is gritty. The pseudo-comedic moments of the film consists of banter between crew members and/or the USCM squad. Rarely [except for Alien 4] is there any over-the-top, ridiculous comedy shit. I figured that when in the RP, you'd figure out this. But you kept on having too much humor. Comedy is fine, believe me; your problem is that you oversaturated it and it quickly became way too much.

I get that RPs really don't matter, but it kills the mood and the world we were trying to make, dude. Having your character fantasize about various things that didn't have anything to do with the story wasn't really comedic, it was just random and sporatic.

We were trying to make Aliens, and you made Alien: Resurrection.

It ever occur to anyone to tell me to stop it?

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:37 pm

It's not that hard really.

Just come up and say

"Dude, we're trying for a more serious atmosphere, so please cut the jokes and delete or edit your earlier replies"
Last edited by Cr25pltro6 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:37 pm

Anything would have been better than abandoning the Rp