[Arkane] Cry out for a Hero OOC

TheDarkOne

Re: [Arkane] Cry out for a Hero OOC

Post by TheDarkOne » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:44 pm

Tell me about it, sometimes you just gotta sit down and watch Friends for the 50th time.

Good to hear, I'll try to flesh out the Dwarven lore post and get it up in the next day or two.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:40 am

Really enjoying all the lore that you have made for the rp! I will try to think more about my underdark race of humans and eventually post a lore thread about them as well. I’m not even sure on their name yet. Might just conveniently call them the Nameless lol.

** Edit: Also about the introduction of my second character. Would it be feasible to have him introduced as part of Isabelle's group? I feel like he'd fit in well with them.

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:01 pm

Much thanks, gonna pump the brakes abit and let it take its course for a while, but I'm happy with the lore so far and how its going.

More than welcome to have them as apart of Isabelle's group, the whole mercenary company will reconvene just after the founding of the kingdom, shouldn't be much longer.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:27 am

Yay! That sounds good to me, I don’t mind waiting. I have also made a time skip, hope that’s ok :)

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:01 am

I did a thing! I hope this doesn’t ruin anything you had planned. Let me know if I need to change my post.

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:19 pm

Worked out perfectly, no need to change a thing!

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:19 am

Okaaay, I have some questions!

The first one is about the trial. Do you have anything planned for it? If not, I sorta have an idea for some mental trial that she’ll have to go through, etc, but nothing set in stone.

I also have some questions about Kingmakers. All the other Kingmakers mentioned in the lore seemed to be some sort of weapon. I made mine a Phoenix, lol. Will that even work? Or should I change it? Although I do like the idea of the Phoenix having blue flames instead of the traditional red (It would match the Sapphire on the Alvantis throne and the Furyck colours). I also chose the Phoenix as it symbolizes rebirth from the ashes.

Also made the CS for my second character :)

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:18 pm

I've no trial set in stone so far, only that Elena has already conquered the first one. Basically the storm they just went through was the first trial, and the final wave that threatened to end everything was an illusion. When Valrix turned towards the wave rather than turn away to escape, he saved everyone. If he turned away, the wave would indeed have smashed into the Firebird and killed them all. Yet because he faced it, they survived the Trial of Courage. The second Trial was going to be the Trial of Loyalty. When we get inside there will be a goddess, not from either of the pantheons but exists to serve both dieties as all gods should have. Ill come up with a name and likely make her the Goddess of Judgment, but the next trial will be for Lucius. Was going to have him pierced by some altar and his blood used to open the door, and have him slowly drained so that there is an element of urgency to Elena completing her final trial. I'd love for you to take whatever trial you have in mind and use it for the third and final trial, with the goddess accompanying you through the door to observe and comment. At the end will either be a ring or a crown, whatever you wish the power of your Kingmaker to reside it. When you grab it, and place it on yourself, the crest will appear and you'll have the power of the Kingmaker.

As for the Kingmaker, I left it vague just so you could do whatever you like with it haha. Only Kingmakers I've introduced if my memory serves (and my memory isn't great so I'll have to start making a list haha) is the Shield of Alvantis and the Conquerors Blade. They represent what the monarch strives for, as the Kings of Alvantis teach their heir to value protecting the people, their's continues to take the form of the Shield, however under Belum it will have taken a new form. So for your Phoenix, you can literally do whatever you want with it. It could be a literal Phoenix that you can use as a mount, or it could be a power deep within you that let's you transform yourself, or take aspects of a phoenix (like wings, blue pyromancy, the ability to revive once should you die). Could even just be a cute little pet like in Harry Potter if you wished haha. Let your imagination run wild, have it be as powerful as you want because all of them are extremely powerful. The Kingmaker is only as powerful as the monarch who wields it. I envisioned the Conquerors Blade in the hands of Emperor Ulessus as this unstoppable force that could level cities and cut mountains in half, but his ancestor who despite wishing to expand the empire kept the Conquerors Blade, his strength of will wasn't as great, and so in his hand it would only be a powerful magical sword.

I know its confusing xD but I wouldnt want to stifle your creativity. The Phoenix can be anything you dream of, as powerful as you'd like.

Arkane

Post by Arkane » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:53 pm

Oh ho ho, this shall be fun! I can definitely make the Pheonix as the Kingmaker work then. And the plan for the trials sounds good. I'll take care of the third trial with the goddess.

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:00 pm

Many thanks, I'll push it forward with my next post.