Highrise [OOC]

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Highrise [OOC]

Post by illirica » Tue May 14, 2019 1:40 am

Type in postbox, copy, paste to notepad, save, post, delete notepad.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue May 14, 2019 1:45 am

Or I can just type it in google doc and cut and paste it when I'm done
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Tue May 14, 2019 1:49 am

I don't like the way that handles the quotation marks, is the problem. It's kind of a pain in the butt to go back through your post and correct them all. Also, no preview button for that sexy broken code look.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue May 14, 2019 1:52 am

Mmm, broken code

I mean that's all fair
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Tue May 14, 2019 10:48 am

I'm pretty talented. Yeah, getting three write ups in a day is pretty talented... but accruing three final warnings in two months? That's some raw fucking talent right there. Don't work a mindless job, skids. I have an overabundance of brain function and a lack of patience so it's like hell
Sometimes theory and logic don't match reality, and that's when the most exciting discoveries happen.
-Jason Kang

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 am

How’s life treating you bud, still real bad?

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Fri May 17, 2019 6:55 am

UmbraSight wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 2:22 am
How’s life treating you bud, still real bad?
Well, I realized that me and a guy that comes in drunk everyday both got a monthly rate of 92%. Being under the influence is a massive safety violation and is punishable by termination. Our supervisor has known for months now.

Anyways, 95% is the expectation and you get written up for falling below this expectation. He just so happened to already be on his final beforehand, so he should've been fired for that. I was only on my second written. He got a pass and I got my final.

This among other things has given me a good enough set of reasons for me to feel as if I'm getting discriminated against (I'm 1 of 2 of the racial minority in a 40 person department). So with the help of a couple coworkers, we're going to be going to HR and bringing up all these issues to see if anything gets solved.

Bare minimum I'm expecting a quick response to my supervisor's inability to take care of something as serious as knowingly employing a drunk (I almost got injured because of him and his cheating the rate system has jeopardized my job). If nothing happens, I will be contacting OSHA as well as potentially seeing about getting help from the Department of Labor.
Sometimes theory and logic don't match reality, and that's when the most exciting discoveries happen.
-Jason Kang

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun May 19, 2019 2:53 am

Ouch, that all sucks, I hope you are able to get help from HR.

I know in the place I used to work we had a guy who came in many days smelling heavily of whiskey. Which wasn't great. He loved to sit around and do nothing while the rest of us worked tho.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun May 19, 2019 6:58 pm

A poke for Serenity

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Mon May 20, 2019 5:17 pm

Serenitynightowl wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 10:10 am
*poke* *poke* *poke*
tumblr_on0ks5LR3P1ridyfoo1_400.gif
tumblr_on0ks5LR3P1ridyfoo1_400.gif (1012.12 KiB) Viewed 108 times
Yo I'm back. hope I can actually stay this time around.