[OOC] Regrets, Rebirth and Rent

Someguy500

[OOC] Regrets, Rebirth and Rent

Post by Someguy500 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:51 am

Here's the OOC thread, for chat and lore and all that.
Snowskeeper wrote:"I rip off my head and slam-dunk it into the nearest trashcan

Good morning"
- May 2017

Someguy500

Re: [OOC] Regrets, Rebirth and Rent

Post by Someguy500 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:51 am

anotherbabyrose wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:09 am
Name: Luna
Personality: Although while she was alive her parents tried to raise a very serious and poised daughter, Luna has always been childish, fickle, and carefree. Luna is the kind of person that will gravitate toward shiny things and mindlessly follow a monarch butterfly if she sees one float by. She gets distracted easily and is typically a really friendly person. She's more of a leader than a follower, mostly because she's very opinionated and has a hard time seeing things like normal people do. She marches to the beat of her own drum. She can be a little bit of an attention whore, getting bored of things easily. But can keep her concentration on the things that matter.

Even though she does have the mindset of a child and she's very sweet and soft-hearted, death affected her like it would affect anyone. She can't remember anything about her death, and this troubles her. Luna has extreme anger issues and almost anything random can set her off, during these bouts of anger she'll immediately retreat to a place where she can be alone and most likely scream and yell and trash her immediate surroundings.
Appearance:
Age at Death: 17
Short Bio: Luna was an only child, daughter of a pair of farmers. She lived by the countryside and spent more time talking to her pet horse than she did to the kids at school. She never quite learned how to respect things like personal space and quiet time, so she came off as annoying to a lot of people. Even so, her parents adored her and protected her at all costs. Due to their living in a rural area, it was common to have thieves. Never taking more than corn or a cow, it came as a major surprise to the small family when a drunken man broke into their home and demanded all their money. In an attempt to protect her parents, Luna tackled the man and was shot in the process. With the nearest hospital being so far away, this is how Luna passed away.

illirica wrote:
Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:31 pm
spacer

Katelyn. My name is Katelyn.

...No.

I don't talk to them any more.
spacer

Don't wanna.

Go screw yourself, buddy.

I don't trust people, okay?
spacer

I used to be pretty, once.

Nah. Kinda... messed myself up a little. You know. Short hair, edgy red dye job, too many tattoos. Track marks.
spacer

25. 26? I'm not sure. I guess I lost track of time.
spacer

I remember that I spent a lot of time trying to forget.

Mostly I just found new things to try to forget.
spacer
Katelyn Reed. Her life was probably over the moment she was born, it just took a while for things to wrap up. Like most in her situation, she never had a chance. Her mother was fifteen, her father was the "exciting older college boy" who was so much fun up until there was a pregnancy to think about. Every once in a while he'd drop into Katelyn's life and pretend he was a great father. Usually drunk. Katelyn's mom probably wouldn't have made anything of herself anyway, but she blamed her lack of chances on getting saddled with a baby and dropping out of school. Home life wasn't nice, school was just another way to get in trouble, and she was looking for ways to escape by the time she hit middle school.

Like a lot of kids, she found them. Anything she could try, to forget things for a while. By the time she hit sixteen, it was heroin. She dropped out of school to "work" full time, but holding down a job was hard. It was easier just to sleep around for whatever she needed, or just steal a few things here and there.

For a while, she pretended that was living. She almost had herself fooled, when it ended. It's a story that's been told before: drug bust gone wrong. Katelyn wasn't even dealing, but once the guns came out, she got caught in the crossfire. End of the story.

Why does someone like her deserve a second chance? Maybe everyone does. Or maybe someone just feels bad that she never really had a first chance. Either way, she's here for now. She's not worried about selling her soul. After all, she's already sold everything else.

Someguy500 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:46 am
Name: Jess Hargrave
Personality: Jess is just done with people. She wasn't social in life, and only really trusted one person. Trusted, past-tense. Because of this, she's a massive shut-in, and even the people she talks to she keeps at arm's distance at best. When approached, she's liable to freeze up, paralyzed with fear. Getting physical is also a possibility as Jess tries to defend her personal space.
Appearance:

Standing at a towering 5'11", her tall stature plus her quiet demeanor can often make her come off as cold. Her entire wardrobe is harsh blacks and whites.
Age at Death: 29
Short Bio:
"Tyres screeched against the brakes, a jolt like my head was slammed against a wall. The last thing I hear before I lose consciousness is the horn of a car. My car, I think, and it's a scary thought. The sound joins me in fading away.

I come to, who knows how long after. Someone I'm close to is talking to a doctor. I can't remember who it is now, but I know he or she is important. I think they're talking about me. I'm on life support, they say. I want to say something, scream that I'm awake and I don't want to go, but nothing is moving. They keep talking, and I may as well be dead to the world. They stop, and suddenly I feel things around me shut down. For once, I realize in full clarity what is happening. I'm paralyzed, and I've just been doomed to die by someone dear to me. The last thing I hear is about how it's what I would've wanted.

The sound joins me in fading away.

Do I get to forget this now?"

Vladmirk wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:50 pm
Name: Zach Everett
Personality: Though his death remains a mystery to him, Zach has taken a 180° turn from who he was before. When everything you hold dear is torn from you; or rather in his case, when you're torn from what you hold dear, there is no surmounting that without change. Zach wants to make use of his second chance, but the idea of enjoying this new life while his loved ones mourn his death... He just doesn't think it would be right. Because of this, he tries to make sure he doesn't get too close to anyone. What if he had the chance to get his old life back? Would he be torn between these new people and his loved ones?
Appearance: [pic missing, sorry]
Age at Death: 20
Short Bio: Zach had the perfect life, or at least everything was going right for him. He got into his dream college, he was well on his way to achieving his dreams and aspirations, he met the love of his life, and the two were recently engaged. Soon, Lady Death decided to ruin it all once Zach's time came up. (Sorry for no explanation of his death, I'm not sure what to put that would make sense and not mirror what happened to other characters.)

Fire wrote:
Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:22 pm
Name: Aedus Dayle

Age at Death: 18

Personality:

Aedus is primarily a lone wolf. He is fine working with others but is almost always down-trodden and cold. The only time he feels anything at all is when he's burning something. He is a pyromaniac and always carries around a box of matches and his father's old lighter. He often struggles to introduce himself to new people but can be quite friendly, joking around with people after knowing them only a brief amount of time. This can often be a front as no one (dead or alive) knows his dark secret and he intends to keep it that way.

Backstory:

It was Mother's day, he was 7 years old. He woke up early to cook his Mum breakfast. He'd never met his Dad and he always treasured this day of the year as he could show her how much she meant to him. Barely able to reach the hob on top of the cooker he began to make make breakfast. As he went to add oil to the frying pan he dropped the bottle all over the open flame. A fireball erupted from it knocking the young child back several feet. The flame had severely burnt his face and torso and as he writhed on the floor in agony the fire began to spread. Slowly across the counters at first, jumping from magazine, to leftover towel, to paper left on the side until the entire kitchen looked like a burning hellscape. It was agonising minutes before Aedus even plucked up the courage to open his eyes.

He was surrounded by flame on all sides. He knew he had to save his Mum. Sprinting in the direction of the kitchen door he ran straight through the flames, screaming in pain as the fire began to torch his skin. As he reached the hallway the stairs to above collapsed, crumbling under the heat littering Aedus' body with splinters. He yelled up to her and heard her scream a response that he couldn't make out. He dashed outside, he was going to climb up to a window and help her out. In his naivety, he thought this would actually work. By the time he made it out of the burning wreckage that was his home fire fighters had already arrived. They pulled him away from the house as he kicked and screamed begging them to save his Mum. He'll never know if the flames got her, whether she inhaled too much smoke or if she was crushed by the inevitable collapse of the house. All he knew was that her charred body was found a day later as the fireman began removing the rubble.

His mind was numb. His estranged father had somehow heard of the news and attended the funeral which was held after Aedus was released from hospital. Barely conscious he plodded through the ceremony like a zombie, not even shedding a tear. After the service Aedus saw him... smiling. He was talking with other guests and enjoying himself, helping himself to the free food. Aedus' blood began to boil. All these years nothing and this... this is the respect he pays. He made his way over to his Dad's car wondering what he could do to punish him. He noticed the sun roof was open and climbed inside. Rummaging through the glovebox he was horrified. Alcohol, cigarettes, a lighter, a knife and- wait, a lighter? The most deserving punishment crossed his mind. Flicking the lighter frantically he held it against the upholstery and it began to catch. He quickly scrambled back out of the sun roof and left the scene. This was the beginning of his "career" as a pyromaniac.

Over the years he'd gotten more careful and learnt ways to cover his tracks but eventually his small fires in the woods and abandoned buildings weren't satisfying him. He had to go for a Big One. Five blocks down from him a new set of flats were being built. Every night the workers left to go home to their families and it was completely empty. This was it. This was the Big One. Over the weeks of summer he would go there almost daily at night looking around at exits, weak points and waiting until a considerable structure had been completed. Eventually it came time. He was leaving for university in a couple of weeks and it was now or never.

Filling up a cannister at a petrol station he made his way over, his heart pounding in excitement. He couldn't believe the moment was finally here. He traced the outline of the structure with the petrol and then began to make his way up the scaffolding, leaving a trail of fuel as he went. The plan was to ignite it at the top and watch as the flame shot down all the floors. He wanted this to be dramatic. He reached the roof, it was relatively unfinished and he had a view of his whole neighbourhood. It was glorious. He felt like a king. He took his father's lighter out of his pocket. He'd kept it all these for a moment like this. He walked up to the edge of the roof and lit the lighter, holding it in front of him, ready to start.

"CAW CAW"

A crow screeched out from behind him. He jumped back in fear from the sudden sound losing his footing, the lighter falling from his hands. There was a loud smash as he hit the scaffolding set up two stories below him. He cursed under his breath and tried to get up. An ungodly pain shot down his leg, it was clearly broken. Great, now he would have to try and crawl home without being noticed. He begin shuffling awkwardly towards a ramp that led downwards before noticing a strange glow coming from the bottom of the building. The lighter he dropped. It must have landed in the fuel. The whole building was ablaze, the only exit was downstairs and he had no hope of getting out. Frantically he struggled as the fire climbed floor after floor. He made it down as far as the second floor before the flames caught him. Easily setting his petrol soaked clothes alight. He writhed in pure agony as his life came to a climactic close.

Then, he bolted up from his chair in the reception. The reception? What reception? He didn't remember coming here. Standing up he walked over to the desk and noticed a bell...
Appearance:

GUVII wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:53 am
Name: Amber Gates
Personality: Before dying... Amber was quiet, preferred not to take a life unless forced, secretive, and very serious with her 'job' as it was somewhat required (will explain in the Bio). Now that she has passed on, her views on her current life are almost the same but she is more opened to conversation when approached, but fears that the people whom she killed might also live in this very place. Currently she views it like there isn't another chance after this and those who live by the sword will die by the sword.
Appearance:
Artist - GUVII :D
Age at Death: 25
Short Bio: Amber Gates, once undercover operative of the U.S.F. Forces was killed in the line of duty during an infiltration operation. The operation was successful, yet went tragic when her extraction was compromised. Her mission was a rescue mission, to locate and save a group of civilians as they were being held as political prisoners of war. Amber gave her life so that others could live as she held her ground using the tools of the trade. Maybe this 'second' chance will change her ways.

Someguy500 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:04 am
CS
Name: He only introduces himself as "Landlord" to his tenants.
Personality: He holds a smug, devil-may-care attitude towards his tenants, which isn't entirely unjustified, since he's the whole reason they walk the earth again. What a right tosser, though. Strangely, he seems to have eyes in every corner, and will sometimes "accidentally" drop a hint about this.
Appearance: It's weird. It's not like you can't see him, but for some reason your mind never seems to grasp a concrete image of him. You can tell that he at least looks like an old man, with white hair and wrinkles, but nothing else notable comes to mind for now.
Age at Death: You're not even sure if he's died.
Short Bio: Maybe not.
Last edited by Someguy500 on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Good morning"
- May 2017

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:55 am

so quiet :x... Like seriously, wut happened?

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Everyone died.

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:27 pm

yeah, i'd expected that XD

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:23 am

Paging Anotherbabyrose, Vladmirk and Fire. The RP has started already. Maybe I should've notified in the Request thread.

Good morning"
- May 2017

Fire

Post by Fire » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:29 am

Ah, sorry I was unaware. I’ll get a post out today.

anotherbabyrose
Bronze

Post by anotherbabyrose » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:07 pm

Oh crap. I’ll get something up rn!
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

GUVII

Post by GUVII » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:37 am

I dun see my CS in accepted CS section • -•?

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:40 am

Oh, my bad! I'll add it to the list, one moment.

Good morning"
- May 2017