[F] Heroes of Our Time

TheDarkOne

[F] Heroes of Our Time

Post by TheDarkOne » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:11 pm

The thick walls of Fort Lalian muffled the sounds of the battle that raged above, the sounds of screaming men and booming cannon almost silent now, however the constant barrage from the Sorcerer King's fleet was beginning to take its toll, shaking enough dust to extinguish the torches on the walls. The elderly mage, clutching the Orb of Morian tightly in his left hand, made his way down a set of stairs, leaning upon the staff in his right. The stairs seem to to on and on forever until he came to a large oak door with iron reinforcements. Pushing through, he came into a large circular room split into an outer ring, a moat and then a solid circle with a small indent in the center. The other survivors from the Siege of the Towers of Morian stood around it, their preparations complete. A younger man, adorned in red and blue robes, approached him hurriedly, his footsteps echoing across the room.

"Master Elias, thank goodness you are safe" he said relieved, offering his arm although Elias waved him off, walking alongside him

"The fleets of the Sorcerer King are swift, but the wind held and keep us out of range" Elias said breathlessly as they approached the indent in the ground. Kneeling down, Elias set down the Orb which fit perfectly, before needing helped up by the young man, Magister Aurion. The two of them made their way back across the water, taking their place in the ritual with the other. Looking up at the ceiling, a long tunnel that led to the outside. The air was thick with ash and smoke, but the moon was still visable and almost in position.

"Are you sure everything has been prepared correctly?" Elias said worriedly to Aurion
"Well if it isn't, we won't be able to get another chance" Aurion replied bluntly, confident in the oth3r mages.

Nodding at Aurion, Elias began to led the chant in Morianese, reciting the incantation once before the others joined in, raising their arms slowly in unison. Soon the Orb in the centre of the room rose with them, it's once dark exterior now starting to show cracks across it's surface with a lightly blue light emanating from it, humming softly. As their chant sped up, as did the Orb, spinning faster until eventually the moon reached the proper position. The humming stopped, before a deafening drone preceded a light beam of light that engulfed the Orb and shot up into the sky. When the light disappeared, they all stood in silence for a moment. Each one of the mages turned to look at one another, unsure of the success of their ritual. Aurion turned to look at Elias, almost as if to apologise before lighting shot into the room. Striking the Orb, it refracted off it before spreading out across the room and after a brilliant flash of light, all was still again. Except the new arrivals. Several of them, all positioned in the outer ring and all lying in the ground.

Dante rose slowly, the first to do so and did so loudly, holding his head which he wasn't sure was sore due to the fall or the alcohol he had consumed the previous night. Using his wings to help push himself up, he gingerly reached out to rest against the cold stone brick to steady himself. Yawning, he looked around the room at the strange men and women who were slowly approaching him and a few other people slowly, as if in awe of the strangers. Wiping the sleep from his eyes, he threw his arms backwards and stretched, running a hand through his hair as he glared sleepily at the mages.

"I'll have you know you just deprived me of waking up next to two of the most attractive blondes I've ever seen" Dante said, his voice having a subtle allure to it. Unfurling his wings, he extended them out their full length, a few of the mages flinching when he did so. Although he wasn't armed or armoured, not many people were a fan of a demon, no matter what realm he visited. Dante could feel something, that his power was being blocked. He wasn't able to transfer back between realms. He was stuck.

"I assume you have some reason for bringing me, and these other poor souls into your shithole of a world" he said, looking at them all until Elias stepped forward. The old man placed his hand on his chest and gave a small bow, Although the man was doubled over enough already.

"O great hero, our wor-"
"Let me stop you right there." Dante interrupted, wagging his finger at the man "First, not a hero. Second, if you keep up those sorts of formalities I think I might hurl, so keep it brief and keep it snappy gramps because I get bored so very easily.

Elias stood dumbfounded for a moment, exchanged glances with some of his fellow mages before nodding, returning his attention to Dante while also glancing around the room at the others who were summoned.

"Our world is in danger. The Sorcerer King threatens to conquer all and use Altis as a base to invade other worlds" Elias said, taking another step forward towards Dante "The man cannot be allowed to succeed. We needed help, heroes we could trust to defend not just our world, but all worlds. We summoned you all here with the Orb of Morian"

"Through the dimensional gates, We have brought you here. Space was not an issue. Death was not an issue. We summoned as many of the best and brightest we could to help us fight against tyranny"

Xcelgamer

Re: [F] Heroes of Our Time

Post by Xcelgamer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:48 pm

Mimos got up off of the floor and pulled up Jack off the floor "Mum where are we?" Jack said in a thick British accent as the mages started talking "Don't worry darling, my best guess is that these people brought us here. Now be quiet and we can here what is going to say" Mimos said back to her as they both started to listen

As the mages just about finished Mimos smiled lightly "So misters, let me get this straight you summoned the best and brightest of different worlds and in between a cat person, a super hero mofo, a demon or angel guy, you summon a normal looking guy and a British mother, daughter combo, that orb must be screwed up" Mimos said as Jack held her four knives underneath her cloak in case someone tried to attack her or her mother
"I'm in lesbians with you." Scott Pilgrim

mochi

Post by mochi » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Last thing Nic remembered, she was finishing off an interdimensional tentacle monster from the netherworld. It was... blurry. But she wasn’t pretty sure she was doing well. And then... Void’s face, her mother’s voice, and...

... darkness? Was she dead?

But she couldn’t be dead, Erebus was promised her soul since she inhereted the Masque. So she opened her eyes. And, indeed, she wasn’t dead. She was, in fact, and most unfortunately, alive.

And she wasn’t in Halcyon anymore.

Nic held her head in her hands for a bit, getting her bearings, her eyes burning like violet fires behind the Masque. Her cape twisted around her form protectively.

“Wow, this place is whack,” she said brusquely, looking around, before finally setting her eyes on the people around her. She seemed to look at Dante for a little longer than proper, though her expression was indecipherable behind the Masque. “A bit confused to why you’d want me of all people, and I don’t got all the details here but if you just point me at whoever needs punchin’.”

Nic punched her fist into her open palm with a vicious grin.

“I’ll be happy to be of service.”

Ash

Post by Ash » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:56 pm

Kristy opened her eyes as she heard talking in the room. "Tommy! Shut up, and let me sleep!" She screamed at the voice. Wait, I was not in my room. I was in the forest for a raid, so where Kristy shot up from where she was laying, noticing that she was no longer in the forest, or even her tent. Her eyes widen, and she looked around frantically, while plastering her back to the wall. Where am I? No... did the bishops get me? "Let me go, you killed me once before, but not again! Let me go!!!" Kristy shouted in hatred towards her captors. She felt her eyes begin to shine, and the hair stand of her arms stand. They may be the all powerful people, but she wasn't going down without a fight.

FUCK

Post by FUCK » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:38 pm

Albieto stayed seated as the others spoke and introduced themselves. He didn't care about what they had to say, only of the magic they used and what secrets they might have. The boy only peaked at each summoned hero and the mages who summoned them for a second before looking down at the circle they stood on and the orb in the middle.

a summoning circle with several runes for blocking our magic and keeping us contained should we attack. I could make one better, Albieto thought to himself scruffing his eyebrows slightly disappointed. He then looked back to the winged demon deciding he was probably the one who would make the most sense despite not being the most cool headed most likely. The boy stood before clearing his throat.

"Fine, let's just go already." Albieto said before walking ahead of the rest of the heroes. He began approaching the elder mage when a girl behind him woke up screaming startling albieto slightly and causing him to jump before glaring backwards. Children, Albieto thought to himself with a sigh before turning back to the elder and giving a slight bow as he approached 3 feet of the man.

"My name will mean nothing to you now but I am a powerful summoner. I require a safe place to conjure my summons from, please lead my to your highest tower." Albieto said with a calm calculating face.

TheMadHatter44

Post by TheMadHatter44 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Saber awoke with a start, his eyes glazed over and his hair messy. He remembered walking into an ally way, a bright light flashing and now he was laying on a stone floor with runes on it. He saw others in the room, others brought here like him. He listened too the Mages plea for help and saw the summoner walk forward. He staid silent for a moment, gathering his thoughts. This Realm was different from his own, the air felt more potent and vibrant here. He walked forward behind the summoner with a grin on his face. “Sure, I will lend you my power.” His eyes glowed softly as he spoke.

He turned toward the others in the room. “I'm not sure where you all come from or why we are here but these people need are help. I for one can't stand idol why people are in need. Who's with me?” He said with a smile. He wasn't always this chipper but something told him this motley crew was far more than what it seemed. These Mages must know what they are doing.

After his little speech he reached into his pocket and pulled out a Mars-bar. He happily munched on it while everyone went about there business. The green veins on his body pulsed, reacting too the runes holding back the natural flow of his energy. “That tingles....” He mumbled.

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:52 am

It was utter madness. All these heroes pulled from their realm, and not one of them knew what was going on. One was advocating to help the mages, his less than inspiring speech causing Dante to look at the young man like he had a second head. Another was trying to summon some creatures, others questioning the logic of the orb and another one looked prepared to lash out at every living soul in that room. Dante couldn't help but he amused at seeing the elderly mage and his aid try and explain things while trying to keep things under control. If this was their grand idea from the start, to summon the heroes of other realms to help them in their fight, they surely saw such an inevitable outcome.

"We did not summon anyone, it was the Orbs doing" Aurion explained, talking over Elias to try and explain things "It senses what heroes stand the best chance at aiding us an-"

There was an ear shattering roar, and the whole room shook, threatening to knock Dante over yet he used his wings to steady himself while other tumbled over. A large wooshing sound could be heard, before fire shot down the hole above and threatened to engulf them all. Dante held his hand out, containing it in the centre of the room. Armoured footsteps could be heard before the door to the chamber was booted open, with several heavily armoured guards entering the room, each one covered in dirt and blood from the battle. Before anyone could do anything, they cut down two of the mages next to the door before another one holding a iron staff passed them and held out his hand. Lightning added through the air, striking Elias on his shoulder and knocking the old man to the ground. In return, Dante directed the searing flames at the soldiers who died screaming. Aurion knelt to help him while the other mages readied themselves for a fight.

"No...no we escape" Elias managed, his voice strained with pain "Get the Orb and get them to the ship Aurion!"

The man nodded, making his way to the centre of the room and grabbing the now still Orb, holding it in his left hand before he tried to pick up Elias. As he watched the man struggle, Dante let out a soft groan before tapping him on the shoulder to get his attention

"No. You get that, I'll get him" he said, shoving him out of the way and helping Elias to his feet. The elder let out a gasp of pain, clutching his shoulder but Dante pulled him along, following the escaping mages towards a tunnel while Aurion rushed ahead with the Orb to stop it falling into the Sorcerer King's hands

"We can all talk about our feelings and intentions when we get out of here" Dante said to the others as he passed them, "I have to say I've had better welcome parties thrown for me"

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:59 am

Mimos lightly rolled her eyes as one of the people tried to explain that it wasn't them but the orb in the middle of the room, as she was about to make a retort there was an earth shattering roar and as the room shook both her and Jack fell onto the ground. As they started to get up they watched as soldiers came in and the one with wings burn them. "Huh neat, so your spellcaster" Mimos said as the mages started evacuating "Well Jack sweetie it looks these are to be friends so no killing them, any other soldiers we can kill" Mimos said as she helped Jack up as they started walking ahead of everyone. "I guess we'll cover the escape" Mimos said as half of her magic disappeared off of her and showed a smiling fox mask and strings that were tightened with audibilty. The two of them started walking up and killing damn near anyone in their way.
"I'm in lesbians with you." Scott Pilgrim

FUCK

Post by FUCK » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:06 am

As the room shook Albieto fell to his knees.

"Damn this frail body" he said to himself before looking up at a knight who raising his sword to get ready and slash the boy in his face. Albieto's eyes flashed red for a 10th of a second, possessing the knight in that fraction of a second and made him swiftly stab himself in the stomach. As he returned to his body Albieto quickly turned and ran along with the other mages into a corrodor while holding his stomach as if he was going to hurl. That's always unpleasant, he thought to himself while starring intrigued at the winged man's back. Albieto figured he would be powerful but to stop a fire attack that large while inside a rune circle meant to stop magic was impressive. Next Albieto's eyes went to the orb held by a young mage. Albieto knew he wanted the orb from the moment he saw it but now the only question was when to take it.I was planning on getting a good look at this powerful wizard but since we're on the run that'll have to be put on hold. I'd prefer take the orb after I've learned all I can from these magi, but how will I know when I've learned everything? Hmm, well in any case this sure is fun, Albieto thought to himself not even bothering to hide his smile as they ran.

"Winged fellow! Over here! I was wondering why you chose to grab the old man after claiming not to be a hero?" Albieto shouted while running down the stone brick corridor a good 3 meters behind Dante.

"Also would you mind slowing down! I have very short legs!" The boy continued. Damn this small, frail body

Ash

Post by Ash » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:21 am

Kristy was about to attack, when a loud roar was heard from above them. As the room shook, she looked around to see people moving, and attacking guards while the rest where running away. She started to follow the group, when she saw that the entrance to the room was wide open, and a stream of soldiers was coming in. No matter how many the two figures seemed to kill, more kept coming. She stopped in her tracks, and looked at the group, than at the soldiers. Well, looks like I have no choice. Kristy used her super speed to doge and get as close to the entrance as she could. Well, here goes nothing! As she thought that, the ground began to rumble, and the support beams that kept the door up, collapsed, closing off the entrance to the room, and crushing the soldiers underneath. Launching her hands to the extra rubble, she picked it up from the ground, and launched it towards the remaining soldiers. One by one, they fell. Once the room was cleared, she let her arms collapse. "We have to get out of here, I don't know how long the blocked entrance is going to last we should get out of here." She looked at the two figures that were fighting the soldier before. She walked towards them, and made a circle around both of them, observing them quietly. "You are human, well..." She sniffed the air around the two figure. "At least you smell human." She stopped in front of them. "Well, my name is Kristy! Nice to meet you. I would love to hear your names, but lets get out of here first. Oh and by the way your fighting style is amazing. You should teach me sometime!" Kristy smiled and jogged towards the fleeing group.