The Other Realm [Reserved Dreams]

DreamsandReality

Re: The Other Realm [Reserved Dreams]

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:28 pm

Angel smiled brightly "It smells good too!" she agreed. She examined the eggs, feeling her mouth water. Eggs were always delicious, her brother liked to make scrambled eggs for breakfast every Saturday! Angel leaned over a bit to lift another cover, revealing a few stacks of warm, buttery toast. "Mmm toast!" she exclaimed. Toast was always so simple and yet she loved every bite of it! Already trying to figure out how she was going to get all this food to fit! Who knew what was in the other three trays. She was certainly grateful for the food too, she hated being hungry more than anything else. Although, she didn't like being cold either. She looked over at Avian and smiled again.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Avian pulled his gaze away from the eggs as she lifted up one of the other covers to reveal toast. His stomach grumbled quietly and he was sure that if he let himself he would begin to drool. It looked like such a simple breakfast so far and yet it still made his mouth water! He was clearly hungry, but he wasn't sure how he was going to eat all of this. There was just so much of it! Even if he was only going to eat half of it it was still a lot. "Toast is good!" He agreed, setting the cover off to the side before he reached for one of the others with excitement in his eyes. Under this one, he revealed, was a pot of white gravy though he didn't see what it went with. Maybe the toast and eggs, he did sometimes pour gravy all his toast and eggs at home when they had leftover gravy from biscuits and gravy. It was really good, to him. "There's gravy in this one! It smells really good, and it's warm!" He told her, watching as a few wisps of steam came off of the surface of the gravy.

[I've done that many times. Gravy on toast and eggs, it's so yummy. ;-;]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:33 am

Angel was thoroughly enjoying this, it was like opening presents! It was a surprise under each cover and it made breakfast a lot more fun! She leaned over a little to peer curiously into the pot of gravy, smiling brightly. "Mmm! I love gravy!" she exclaimed, feeling her tummy rumble again. She liked biscuits and gravy especially, it made her feel all warm and cozy inside. She waved her hand through the wisps of steam and giggled softly as it rolled around her hands. She reached over to uncover another tray, beaming when she saw the colorful array of fruits. There were a few she didn't recognize but there were strawberries and bananas which she really liked! They were fresh and yummy, not to mention healthy too! She knew it was important to eat healthy, although she couldn't say she ate healthy all the time. "Look at these!" she exclaimed eagerly.

(I love gravy on biscuits and eggs! Can't say I've ever had it on toast, though that does sound delicious! )

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:30 am

Avian giggled, leaning closer to smell the gravy once more. It smelled so delicious, and see the bits of pepper sprinkled throughout the white mixture. It took him a minute to realize Angel had uncovered another tray, his eyes widening as he saw all the fruits there. He saw strawberries and bananas, as well as pears and apples! There a couple he didn't recognize, but he was willing to try everything at least once. His sister said he had to, and if he didn't like it then he never had to eat it again. It sounded fair to him. Fruit was good too, he liked the sweeter ones over the tart ones though. Sour things did not taste as good to him. "Wow, that's a lot of fruit!" He said before moving to the last tray, excitement lighting up his currently blue eyes. Underneath the cover was what he had been waiting for and craving, he could hardly contain himself as he saw the stack of thick, fluffy squares. "Waffles! We have some waffles!" Avian was happy, and already thinking about putting some of the fruit on his waffles like his sister did when she made waffles. That was always so good!

[My dad used to call it Poor Man's Biscuit and Gravy. XD It's really good! You should try it!]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:08 pm

Angel took a deep breath, she loved the smell of all the fruits! They smelled so fresh and delicious, making her mouth water. She loved the sour fruits but the sweets ones were really good as well! Strawberries were her favorite, especially dipped in chocolate. That was a rare treat that her brother made for her every now and then, usually for her birthday and stuff! Her attention was drawn to the last tray and a bright smile split across her face. "Waffles!" she cheered with a happy giggle, leaning over a bit to look at the large fluffy squares. Everything looked so good but she wasn't sure how she was going to get it all to fit in her belly. "It all looks so good!" she giggled, sitting back in her chair to get an overall look of everything. There was so much food and it all smelled incredible!

(I like the name! XD I'll definitely have to! )

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:32 pm

Avian was also curious as to how they were going to eat all this food. There was so much of it and they weren't all that big, they were small especially compared to adults. A pout crossed his lips as he tried to figure it out, it was almost as bad as trying to figure out what to eat first! He didn't know if he wanted to start with sweet or savory first! These kinds of decisions were really hard to make and it wasn't fair. Maybe he would have some eggs with toast and gravy first, it did smell really good but then again it all smelled so good! His sister always told him that if he had a hard time choosing what he wanted to eat first he should end with what he really wanted though as that made the overall meal much better so that helped in his decision. He really wanted waffles so he would end with that. It did make him curious where Angel would start, but he didn't ask since he wasn't entirely sure if that was rude or not...his sister usually helped him with that kind of stuff when he didn't know. "I think I'm going to start with some eggs, toast and gravy!" He exclaimed, know in it wasn't rude to let her know what he was eating. At least he was pretty sure. "It all smells so yummy!"

[Aha, yeah. It's a pretty fun name. XD Yay! You'll have to let me know what you think when you do try it!]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:35 am

Angel pondered the wonders of the food in front of them, her eyes round with sheer awe. She wasn't sure if she's ever seen this much food at once and it all looked so delightful! She was grateful for it all too. Her brother always made sure she minded her manners and being grateful was a part of that! At least, she thought so anyways. She tapped her small fingers against the table in thought, taking in all the sweet and savory scents. Where do I even begin?! she thought with a bright smile, almost afraid to not finish it all. Would it be rude if they didn't finish it all? It was a lot of food though...She shrugged a bit and looked over at Avian when he spoke. "That sounds good!" she nodded before reaching up to tap her chin. "I think I'll start with the eggs and fruits!" she decided. Thrilled with the idea even though it wasn't anything special, but it was special to choose what exactly she was going to eat first. Like planning out an entire meal! Perhaps after that she'd have the toast and waffles, end on a sweet note. She nodded eagerly "I agree, it smells wonderful!"

(It is. XD I'll most definitely let you know! )

Icy

Post by Icy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Avian nodded, that sounded good though he couldn't say he's ever had eggs and fruit at the same time. That kinda sounded weird to him, but he wasn't one to say so aloud. People had different likes and dislikes, there was nothing wrong with that. He liked people who were different and he liked being different, it made everybody unique which was good! "I'm going to have fruit on my waffles." He told her, wanting to share his way of eating stuff too. It wasn't bad to share things like that, if anything it gave others a new of trying something it they wanted. That was how he learned of some of the things he liked! Maybe one day he would even try fruit and eggs together, not today because he already had a plan but someday! Avian was sure they would have these foods again at some point so he'd have an opportunity. "I'm not sure if I'll be able to eat all of this. There's so much food!" One would think they'd make just enough for them, but maybe they were preparing in case they ever wanted more food. He did have to wonder what happened to the leftovers though, he hoped it didn't all go to waste or something like that.

[Yep. XD Good!]

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:39 pm

Angel looked at Avian curiously and tilted her head "Fruit on waffles?" she pondered before smiling brightly. "That sounds good!" she concluded after taking careful consideration of the two food items being put together. "I wanna try that!" she exclaimed, changing up her course of action. She's never had fruit on waffles before and although it sounded a little strange, it sounded really good to! Perhaps she'd have toast and eggs first and then waffles and fruit after. Angel loved to try new things, it was always so exciting! Although trying new things didn't always work out, but she hoped she'd like the fruit on waffles. "There is a lot food..." she agreed with a curt nod "But I don't wanna waste any of it." a small pout traced her lips. She hoped the leftovers didn't go to waste though, it was never good to waste anything.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:34 am

"Yeah, fruit on waffles...! Strawberries are really good on them, or bananas! Lots of fruits are!" Avian exclaimed as he reached over to scoop some eggs onto his plate. He'd start off with a little and get more if he wanted, that way he wouldn't get full too quickly. That's what his sister did, although she didn't eat very much. Always giving him the larger portion of the meals she made she suffered a little bit. Of course he didn't know that since she told him that he was a growing boy and needed more than she did. He always felt bad, but she reassured him it was okay every time. She was really skinny though, maybe next time he'd make sure she ate the bigger portion. The boy might not understand much, but he did care about his sister a lot. He smiled as he made his decision, grabbing two pieces of toast and putting those on his plate too before he put some gravy over everything. "I want to eat it all, but I don't think we'll be able too. I'm sure the rest goes somewhere good though!"