The Other Realm [Reserved Dreams]

Icy

The Other Realm [Reserved Dreams]

Post by Icy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:01 am

The youngest child from two chosen families disappear from a small town during the night. No one knows the reason behind why they were taken. They could try to keep it from happening but nothing they did would work and by the end of the week the children would be gone. The town would treat them like outsiders for failing to protect them until the time the younger siblings were brought back. The 'curse' broken. No one has ever seen this creature in the Real World and those whom had forget before the new reign of terror begin. Meaning before the monster comes again, which he does with every new generation. Normally around the time of Halloween. What is this creature? Well, in the Real World he appears as a cloud of white smoke with burning blue eyes. He easily slips into the homes and gains the children's trust before he whisks them away. The families are left devastated, wondering if they will ever see them again.

The older sibling of the two children come together one afternoon to try and figure out what to do when a ghost girl appears before them. She tells them about the creature that took them, explaining how they were now in a different realm. She tells them how they must go into this realm to find and save their siblings before they are lost forever and suffer the same fate she had. The two older siblings would agree to this and follow her into this different realm, upon which their appearances change automatically. She can only guide them on their quest. She knows only the location of the children, but not how to get there or anything. In the first 'village' they come across they'll encounter a wizard. He'll explain that this realm is very dangerous, monsters lurk around each and every turn. He asked if anyone wishes to leave before he bestows a gift on each sibling. They may choose to go back home, upon which their little sibling automatically dies and they fail. If they stay, they gain one gift and one weapon to help them along in their quest.

~More in Depth~

The Creature-

A young boy was casted out by his entire hometown. The reasoning for such an act? He was different. He didn't view the world as they did, with a closed mind and closed heart. They didn't believe in ghosts and other things that only existed in a fairy-tale. He was hated by all, including his very own parents. They disowned him, throwing him out onto the streets to survive on his own. Don't be fooled however, for that isn't the only or even main reason they had done it. No, the main reason they had done it was for the little girl the had when he was only five years old. They hadn't wanted him to rub off on her and turn her into what he was, a kid with an open mind to the world around. He went out into the world, looking for a place that would accept him. However, his hatred for his village grew and without his knowledge he opened a portal to new realm. A realm in which honed his hatred and turned him into a monster that the future generations of his village would come to fear. His name is Arawn, though as a human he went by Tristan.

Tristan/Arawn-
2d57ea0ee90a3df73be44a4c22a4c22b.jpg
[In this 'Vapor Form' he can take many shapes, so one never knows what he will be.]

The Spirit Guide-

This little girl appears to the older siblings of those kidnapped. She helps them on their quest, but can only guide them; There is no teleporting the group or anything fancy like that. It's thought that she is the young sibling of Tristan. He had killed her in the past for taking their parents love from him. How he killed her he really as no idea, but it was painless and she was forced to serve the Other Realm for all eternity. Tristan first wanted her to work with him to gather children, but she refused. It wasn't in her heart, even on death, to be evil like him. Her name is Selene. She was only seven when she died.

Selene-
aa7bbe9f794a45c7a947a96e9bdf2a13.jpg
The False Guide-

This is a spirit of a child that does work for Arawn. She will often take on an appearance similar to Selene to fool the older siblings. Her only goal is to sway them from their path and lead them to their own deaths. This would lead to the children to  die as well, possibly giving Arawn more power. Her name is Obscura. She was ten when she had died after her brother had failed to save her.

Obscura-
Misa-misa-amane-24411825-350-600.jpg
The Mysterious Wizard-

A wizard hidden in robes that sits in a cavern in the first village that the Older Siblings will come across. He, or she, bestows upon them a gifts of one power and one weapon each to help them on their quest. They give a warning before vanishing in a puff of smoke.

The Real World-

This is where the children are taken from and the siblings begin their long and perilous journey. Nothing else exciting really happens here.

The Other Realm-

This world is a land filled with surprisingly lush green fields and thriving flora. The skies seem to be filled with constant fog which skews the beautiful view quite a bit and gives the place a sense of danger and fear. Just as would be in the real world, there are a few different terrains here. Those such as rocky mountains, large open fields, lakes of lava, so on and so forth. Aside from these terrains, there are also quite a few dangers to be aware of. Monsters that lurk in the shadows and the spirit of children that will do anything to misguide them. Let's not forget about the creature himself, Arawn. He is possibly the most dangerous of all to defeat.

Monsters in the Other Realm-

These can be anywhere from demonic animals, human-like beings, or full out demonic beings. The strength of them depend on their wit, not their size. They will also be marked with a coloured stripe to indicate their strength. Weak creatures are very common, medium strength are common, and the strongest are rare. They appear more towards Arawn's domain where he keeps the children.

Weak- Yellow, Pink, Orange, and Red

Medium- Green, Brown, and Gray

Strongest- Purple and Blue

Present Day-

It's happening again. It always does. My grandmother had told me the stories, as her grandfather had told her before her. The creature has chosen me and one other this time. I'm afraid. I keep thinking that if I stay up I can somehow prevent it from happening, but even I know that will not work. The ones before us don't remember how they had gotten their siblings back. It had just vanished from their minds, as if it had never happened. That is the only thing we will never know so easily. Nothing ever seems to be easy anymore...nothing.

One day later...

They were taken...I'm going to meet with the other and see if we can figure out how we can get them back...
Last edited by Icy on Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Icy

Re: The Other Realm [Reserved Dreams]

Post by Icy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:03 am

Your Last Post~

Luke didn't say anything more regarding the matter, offering only a small shrug in return. At least he tried, that's what mattered right? He watched her carefully as she situated herself into the carriage, letting out a tiny breath of relief. He shook his head a little bit and slowly moved in after her, sitting on the edge of one of the seats. "Are you sure? I could help you onto a seat." he offered, nodding towards one of the empty spaces in the carriage. He wasn't sure how comfortable it would be on the floor...but then again it wasn't like he's ridden in a carriage as his every-day transportation. He glanced back out the door for a moment to peer outside, happy to see something other than fog.

My Last Post~

Ivory scooted herself more into the carriage and leaned against one of the seats to relax a bit. It wasn't the most comfortable but she wasn't about to complain since it wasn't the worst thing that's happened today. Not by a long shot. She looked at Luke and shrugged, gently resting the side of her head on top of the cushioned seat. "It cuts out a couple of steps, and I don't see how it can be any less comfortable than my ankle right now." A tiny pout appeared across her blue tinted lips as she stared at the numb and aching limb and a thought occured to her: it was going to kill her when they untied and removed the boot back in their room. Her luck was just rotten today, but it honestly could've been worse if she thought about it. She tried not to. "...you should hurry so we can get back..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:11 am

Luke gazed at Ivory for a long moment, a faint smile crossing his lips. "Today could've gone worse I suppose..." he muttered softly before looking out at Selene. Everything about today certainly wasn't what one could call 'pleasant' per-say, but it went better than he expected. He would consider today's events a success, mostly because they didn't tear each other's throats out. They got the task done despite the injuries, her's in particular. He had nothing but a few bumps and bruises. He glanced at Ivory again and took a deep breath "Ah, right..." he mumbled softly he scooted over to the edge of the seat. "Well...it's gotta be a little more comfortable than on the floor."

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:27 am

Ivory nodded in agreement, today could definitely have gone worse than it had. They were perfectly fine albeit a few, minor, injuries and they hadn't killed each other yet so that was a plus. She smiled faintly and closed her eyes, a sigh on her lips as she settled in. The floor was hard and not rhat comfortable, but by this point her body was more than numb and she was too tired to complain. Besides, it wasn't like she hasn't been in uncomfortable situations before, some more so than this. This was actually pretty relaxing in comparison to those times. "I'll be fine...I just want to get back..."she said quietly, opening her eyes to look at him. He wasn't that bad of a guy, but she couldn't say she trusted him quite yet. Not by a long shot, but in two more days hopefully that would be different.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:48 am

Luke smiled a little and closed his eyes for a brief moment, feeling exhausted beyond words. He only opened them again when she spoke, though her words were quiet. "You and I both..." he agreed, holding her gaze for a moment before looking away. He peered outside, lost in thought again. He wanted to get some sleep, just as he was certain she did as well. He couldn't tell how long they had been at work but time seemed so irrelevant right now. One day down and two more to go...feeling just a tad bit terrified though. What if they didn't succeed in their mission by the end of the three days? What then? Just return to their world and forget their siblings? The thought made him frown, clenching his hands tightly. Don't think like that...it'll be okay.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:34 am

Selene appeared in the doorway before Ivory could think of anything else to say, a sweet smile on her young face as always. "I'll be sitting with the driver. Try to relax a bit and we should be back in town soon." She said, giggling quietly. Once the message was out there she closed the door without letting them react, positive they were tired, and climbed up into her seat on the front of the carriage. The driver, whose head looked to be made out of smoke, dipped his head and pulled on the reins to get the 'horse' moving. It was going to be a bumpy ride, but she hoped they would be okay.

Ivory blinked as Selene vanished as soon as she came, feeling the carriage lurch as they began moving. It was certainly a weird feeling and didn't make her feel secure, she felt as if she were going to fall out of the bottom at any moment, but it was too late to do anything about it now. She would have to make do. One way she knew of distracting herself would be by talking so she looked at Luke, returning to the conversation they had been having before Selene's interruption. "You should probably bathe before I do...I'll take longer..."she muttered, motioning to her ankle. It was going to be a bit of a struggle to take a bath like this, but due to previous experiences she knew that it wasn't entirely impossible. Getting in and out of the tub were going to be the hardest parts.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:48 pm

Luke looked at Selene as she poked her head into view, forcing a tiny smile and nodding. He was simply exhausted and smiling was even beginning to feel like a chore. He flinched a little when the carriage lurched forward, digging his fingers into the edge of the seat. He didn't really want to fall out of his seat. He relaxed a little when they were finally moving smoothly...more or less. His gaze returned to Ivory as he nodded a little though frowned in the faintest. "Are you sure? Warm water would help your ankle, I can wait." he offered. He didn't really care either way, he just wanted to get back to what he wasn't sure if he could call 'home'. He frowned a bit and peered out the window again, taking a deep breath. This place would never be home...

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:52 pm

Ivory could feel every turn that the carriage made, part of her fearing it would tip right over though it didn't. Luckily. She rest her chin on the seat behind her and slowly shut her eyes in hopes of relaxing a little bit. It wasn't likely to happen, but trying was better than letting herself sit in so much discomfort and dwelling on it. At least this way her imagination gave her some form of freedom from reality. "I don't know how long I'll take to manage everything that I need to do...it could be hours, so it would be better if you went first. That way you can relax..."she muttered a reply, thinking it over once the words were out there. Hopefully it wouldn't take hours, but she was likely to be more than an hour and she didn't want him to sit around in the grime and filth that linger on his clothing and in his hair. Chasing after pigs definitely wasn't one of the cleanest to exist, it wasn't even partially clean. "You shouldn't suffer waiting for me."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:21 pm

Luke gazed at her uncertainly while she spoke but he nodded nonetheless, looking away. "Hmm alright...I'll be quick." he reassured her. It wouldn't be fair for her to wait either but he would make it a quick bath. Get all the mud, dirt, and gosh knows what else off of him. He leaned back in the seat a bit and closed his eyes. If the carriage didn't rock around so much he could probably fall asleep right there. He chuckled lightly "Although I'd hardly call it suffering, it's just a bit of dirt." he pointed out quietly. "Really hope we don't have to do that again." added with a small frown. The last thing he wanted to do was chase a bunch of pigs around again for hours. Or at least...it had seemed like hours.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:03 pm

Ivory shrugged, making it clear that she wouldn't debate it any further. He would bathe first and that was that, there were no ifs, ands, or buts about it. At times she felt like a parent instead of a normal teenager, but seeing as she's practically raising her brother it was no surprise. It wasn't fun though...sometimes she just wanted to be a teenager. Of course she didn't voice her complaints, only shrugging them off whenever they came up. "I doubt we'll have to do that again, but Selene did say there were more exercises." She replied, wondering what the next task was. Chasing elephants? The thought made her smirk, but she hoped it wasn't that. Elephants were huge, they could crush them if they weren't careful. "I don't even want to think about it...I just want to sleep...a few days..."she mumbled, knowing they didn't have a few days but a girl could dream. Hopefully they didn't have to be stuck in this carriage much longer, she was beginning to feel a little claustrophobic. Luckily Selene spoke up then, peering in a window at the front of the carriage. "Almost there!"