Fate Breakers

Rorschach

Re: Fate Breakers

Post by Rorschach » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:43 am

With little more then water, rations, and bandages in a bag, Tommy gathered with the others who were setting out to strike the bishop's camp. He stood veiled in his black cloth armor near the front of the group, his abilities were best used on the unexpected and most of Tommy's victories lied in the enemies confusion and uncertainty. Some thought of Tommy as a dirty or cowardly fighter but he knew just as well as anyone who has stood at the foot of death that there is no honor in murder, despite being a hard-headed boy Tommy was no fool and did not fight like one. On the battlefield he focused on two things: his stars and survival. The stars choose who lives and dies, Tommy depends on the stars to pick who is worthy of a Stardust's wraith and depends on the stars to keep him alive like he has in the past.
Tommy steals glances at the animaline called Carmen, he would not expect such a women to be a leader of murderous group, but then again Tommy was not very good at expecting anything anymore. Today alone he was stunted by a small boy and his elven watcher, and a small-cat girl no more then age thirteen was speaking of walking into war, his days have gotten progressively out-of-hand. Resting against a nearby coach Tommy waited for the words to march, to begin the stars deeds and put an end to a bishop or his followers.
Tell me, what do you see?

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Ajak nodded cheerfully, waving farewell to Lucis. "Good luck!" they called after him, watching as he bolted off. They shrugged off a twinge of unease as he vanished from sight; Carmen wouldn't have sent him off alone if she didn't think he'd be fine. They trusted her judgement; in the year that they'd been here, she hadn't steered them wrong yet. Lucis would be fine.

With a roll of their shoulders they ambled where the group was going to assemble. Their fingers idly tapped the handle of the sickle kept tied at their waist as they walked; it was a simple farm tool, not something created for violence. Truthfully they didn't own anything more suited to battle, and didn't want to: when all was said and done, Ajak was a farmer at heart, not a warrior, and they intended to stay that way. Once the Bishops were gone and they weren't needed to fight anymore, they'd be more than happy to pass the torch to someone more suited to the job than they were.

Consumed in their thoughts, Ajak nearly tripped over the Animaline girl who was heading the same way they were, not having noticed her due to a combination of their head being in the clouds and her being significantly shorter than them. "Shoot, I'm sorry! Didn't see you there," they apologized, their yellow eyes wide underneath their hood.

Ethonious

Post by Ethonious » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:03 pm

He could feel the masses marching to the center, he could make an assumption of what was to take place; a rally of the rebels was called upon.
"You gonna join?" One the guards approached the resting figure, seated right at the base of the tree, resting his weight against it's very structure. Veilyn shook his head in a subtle manner.
"I have been stationed here, to keep active watch of our camp's perimeter. I leave not even for personal request, unless it has been given permission by a person of authority." Veilyn replied, his voice low, yet soft and gentle in tone. The guard broke his eye contact with Veilyn, repositioning his sights on the thick foliage of forestry ahead of them.
"Have you received a meal these past couple of days?"
Again, the young man shook his head.
"Unless, of course, you are asking about the wonderful provisions our cooks have provided us with, then yes, I have."
The captain guard let out a quite scoff, even as a broken cup, he still held a portion of sarcasm inside of him.

" I do not think evil of you, for your conscience sake. You did not choose the powers you have been revived with. For better or worse, it is the same with living; one cannot choose which family the will be born in, what conditions he will be living through daily, and the struggles and capabilities one is exposed to." The captain replied, his look had a look of melancholic sympathy, he could feel a portion of Veilyn's condition. All the young man could do was nod his head and have a clarity of mind, reflecting on those words with deep thought, perhaps people could still accept him. For the remaining ten or so minutes, the captain that had spoke with him, along with others watching, kept silent, doing their jobs to keep silent, to watch, and listen to the distant chatter, the wind, and the trees rustling against the wind.

From the center of the camp, some feet marched to the east towards the pseudo gates they have constructed; the were on their way for the first sortie of the rebels, they were heading to his direction.
"They have finished their rallies, I believe they will be departing very soon. We should prepare to swing the gates open." Veilyn spoke out, raising from his rest.
"That we will. I will prepare to request Andrea some bodies to be brought to you. Guards, stand in attention near the gate!"
The many on duty rushed to their official post, standing in attention, a century of guards on each side, Veilyn stood in the front row of the left side of off to a near distance, their captain stood, awaiting the arrival of the group that were to carry out their first mission.
Insanity may reveal the uncharted ideas of ourselves. Tread lightly, lest you lose your humanity.

SuXeSoN

Post by SuXeSoN » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:38 am

Lucis sat down to at the stump of a tree, map and compass in his hand. "Still on course.." The young boy muttered to himself. "I'm probably around here?" The boy was looking at a point east of the camp. Where the trees of the forest were becoming less dense, and the landscape shifts into grassland. "hour's walk away would be completely outside of the forest, is it near that road?" Lucis looked towards the east, far beyond the dark, damp trees, lies a yellow-ish grassland.

"I've been thinking... Why are we even attacking this camp? What's the point? To prove our power? Revenge?.. Is it really revenge though... Those were Bishops from a century ago. None of them who hurt us are alive now." From Lucis' point of view, punishing the descendants instead of the superior seemed... Wrong. "So.. If I'm the trainee, and mom's the bishop.." Lucis tried to turn the whole thing into a metaphor. "Mom's responsible for me. But not the other way around... If I'm naughty, then it's also mom's responsibility... But if mom did something wrong, I'm not responsible..." Lucis' eyes opened wide. "Wait no... What if this is wrong? Should we really be attacking these trainees? They did nothing wrong..." The boy looked to the west, where the Fateless camp was. Did the raiding party come out yet? Was it possible to make them rethink this decision?

"Then again.. If Carmen thought this was the right thing to do... Then she must be right. right?" Lucis rubbed his forehead. "I told her I was going to do recon but..." Lucis looked back down towards the map. "Sorry. But I need to know." He said that as if he was talking to someone else, after all, someone out there did have future sight, right? He might have to apologize beforehand

====================

Moments later, Lucis found himself near the very edge of the forest. "I should stop warping. They shouldn't know I have powers." Lucis was afraid that someone might see a kid using advanced or even unheard of magic. "If there's a hint of danger.. Warp back." Lucis had decided that, instead of just inspecting the camp from an outsider point of view, he wanted to know the disposition of those in the camp. He was going to actually make himself obvious that he was there. The camp was surrounding a road. So it was probably safe for people to pass by. But this was the Outskirts.. Even Bishop Trainees would know that only undesirables were out here. Undesirables, or their innocent descendants. Was it really okay to waltz into the camp? Lucis gulped. It was a tough call. He wanted to access what the trainees were like without sneaking around suspiciously.

There weren't any walls, but that didn't mean Lucis could just go in uninvited.

So there were 3 choices Lucis could think off.

1. Actually do the recon job properly and access from afar. From this point, it was a pretty safe distance away from the camp, but he still would be able to analyse the camp. He could already tell that it was very makeshift, they were most likely planning to move again in a few days.

2. Warp into the camp, investigate without being seen, then warp out. The sky was still orange, there was definitely enough light around for him to warp around camp without being seen. He would be able to get a better idea of which tents should be targeted, and a closer look at weaknesses and maybe assess their disposition.

3. By far the most dangerous choice. He would simply make himself known to the camp. Talk to the camp inhabitants, maybe even find out what they are doing there. Maybe they might be... Nice?

Lucis promised he would be safe but... He also wanted to know if what they were doing were right. The Bishops then might not be the same as the Bishops now. But would Carmen know that? She would, right? But adults can be wrong too. He was wrongly punished by an adult after all.

Lucis felt very conflicted. Hesitant even. The most he ever felt since he was "revived".

Nevertheless, he had to find out for himself.

The boy left a large capitalized message on the dirt which he carved out using a Lux Armament Knife.

"WENT TO TALK TO CAMP
-L"

The knife was stabbed into the bare ground, away from any grass he could burn. He would teleport out here if he had to escape.

====================

A brunette boy with a satchel ran into the camp, covered in sweat and worry. He was looking frantically everywhere. It seemed like he was looking everywhere. Some of the occupants might have noticed this. The boy noticed the camp. Looked around again. He hesitated had the courage to jog up to the camp. "Sir! Sir!" He jogged up to one of the guards at one of the 'entrances' of the camp. "Have you seen my doggie? I was napping in the forest when he disappeared. His name's Brownie, and he's brown. Like this." The boy pointed at his hair, before looking around again. "Is it possible he's inside your camp? I'm really sorry if he came in to eat your food. Why are you people here anyway?"

Lucis hoped that his innocent, cheerful, lost boy ploy would make him look harmless. Not that he had any intention to harm anyone in the camp.
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

Loyal to none but the one true King... OZYMANDIO-DA!

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:40 pm

Carmen stood silently by the gates, waiting for her small party. It was no massive march, just a small ensemble of skilled Fateless who would move out and scare the recruits. Hell, maybe even she'd manage to persuade a few to join the effort; She had done some Dream-Weaving the nights previous, attempting to reach out to those poor soldiers who mindlessly followed such a corrupt group. Her stoic face turned dark for a moment as she glanced behind her, out towards the wilderness they'd be stalking through in only a few minutes. She had asked for a few of the powerful rebels to stay at camp, keep guard up. She was by no means a general, but she knew battle and from the small vestiges of the future she could see, it would be best to keep some muscle here.

After the small group gathered, Carmen cleared her voice. She looked out and down at the others, considering her height, and once more tightly wrapped her hand around the hilt of one of her swords. "There will be no killing, unless necessary." She called out, taking a few steps back towards the makeshift gate. Amber eyes glowed in the already dimming light, and a mouth set in a frown had the twitch of a smile at it's corners. "We're just going to scare 'em. Make a lot of noise, show them that we didn't die like they wanted." She raised her head up a bit, turning to face the outside world, motioning with her head for the gates to be swung open.

Aster watched from her spot in the shade, her expression unchanged as always. She had her doubts about the little mission, and she had volunteered to stay behind in case there was possible retaliation from the Bishops. The camp had only ever been caught once, but they had managed to play it off by claiming they were only refugees. She chuckled for a moment at the memory, her fingers gently passing over the little ball of light Lucis gave her. She didn't like the child being out there, especially not that he could possibly be kept out of camp after the sun had set. The world was extremely dangerous in the dark hours, ever since the Demonic presence increased.

Letting out a sigh, she pushed herself off from her leaned position and strode forward, the waning sunlight catching her in the face. She had always disliked night time, even when she still a 'mortal'. Turning away as Carmen began to lead the group out, Aster found herself wandering towards her own tent. She had promised Lucis she'd keep the ball safe, and the thing didn't seem to need any feeding at the moment. Entering her tent, she gently set the ball of light down on her small makeshift desk, before sitting in it's chair and blankly staring out through the open tent flaps. She had wanted to go on the mission, but the need for protection outweighed her desire for Bloodshed, unfortunately.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Ash

Post by Ash » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:32 am

As Andrea was walking with the group when a girl bumped into her. "Shoot, I'm sorry! Didn't see you there," Andrea turned to the person only to be staring at their chest. She looked up to their face, with wide eyes. The orc had a hood over its head, only visible were two yellow eyes."Wow! You are so tall!! Oh, and its fine it happens all the time. I am shorter than most animalines, so..." She smiled widely at the orc, and moved to their side. They walked towards the edge on the camp."So, you coming right? I mean of course you are! Otherwise you wouldn't be here! So, what is on your mind?" Andrea asked curiously. She had noticed that the orc had been looking distracted, and their look was lost in space. She understood, many things were to be consider for tonight. It made her, and everybody else nervous each time the young boy went to scout out on his own. She would go herself, but she had yet to show her super speed, and telekinesis, and she preferred it that way.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:48 pm

Henrick was looking over the crowd. Wondering. Scaring the bishops would be difficult, but scaring these guys would be more difficult. After all what could be gained by threatening to kill someone that had already died? But if death wasn't the final end for the fateless then what was?

He looked around having to look slightly up to see the heads and faces of most people. Being Animalis was fine, but being stuck at their low sizes weren't always as funny, though one would learn to live with it. He knew that somewhere another Animalis would likely be in the crowd. A youngster if he remembered correctly. He wondered what troubles they would have.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:01 pm

Ajak smiled as they walked with the animaline girl, hesitantly at first but then more genuinely as they listened to her talk.

“Just a bit nervous about the mission, really. Hoping it all goes well and no one gets hurt too bad,” they admitted in response to her question, pushing away their private doubts about whether they wanted to be fighting at all. Regardless of what was in their heart, they were needed as a soldier. At least while the Bishops were imposing their cruelty on the world. “Still, I shouldn't have been spacing out like that, ...”

They paused, searching their mind for her name, then groaned and pressed a hand to their face in embarrassment. It was almost a shame Carmen had confirmed this wasn’t meant to be a battle: if they were killed for real at least they couldn’t be stuck dying of embarrassment forever.

“I swear I’ve seen you around the camp before, and I’m really sorry, but I don’t actually know your name,” they admitted, their voice sheepish. “And I’m Ajak. Ajak Clearskies.”

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:11 am

Tommy strutted proudly at the front of the marching pack, eyeing the scenery along the way. “I am betting on unless necessary,” he murmured to himself as Carmen the leader gave an announcement, he wanted his words to be soft but not entirely private. Tommy’s tail swayed with anticipation for the up-coming battle, one thing about Tommy that only his close friends knew was his tail never lied, it always danced with emotion and mirrored his true feelings to the public. Looking at the plains they marched on he admired the tranquility of the world, he and all of his kinsmen learned to respect the calm before the storm—it lasted long enough to prepare for a fight but not long enough to forget why you fight.
Tommy now was more eager to fight then ever before, he himself needed to prove his clan were strong fighters and that the stars were in fact on their side despite all the slain kinsmen. The feline inside Tommy wanted pray, he wanted to sink his milky white claws into the skin of an opponent and reveal the only color he could feel.
Tell me, what do you see?

Ash

Post by Ash » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:57 am

"I swear I’ve seen you around the camp before, and I’m really sorry, but I don’t actually know your name,” they admitted, their voice sheepish. “And I’m Ajak. Ajak Clearskies.” Andrea smiled as they introduced themselves to her. "Ajak. That is a pretty name! I like it" She extended her hand towards them, and said "Nice to meet you!! I am Andrea. Andrea Breaker." She kept her smile as she introduces herself to them. As they shook hands, she felt a dark atmosphere come over someone. She had always been perceptible towards others feelings, that is how she had gotten herself in trouble all does years ago. She looked around the group, and noticed many people were on edge, with anger and anticipation. Her tail, moved from side to side with excitement. It has began. I better get some information. "I am sorry Ajak, but I have to do something. Hope to see you again soon!" Andrea waved good bye, and walked towards the end of the group. Once at the back, she whistled for her little birdie. As a bird landed on her index finger, she smiled and petted the bird with her other right index finger "Alex! how are you? Any news?" One of her many talents was to talk with animals. It was one of the two she openly used in front of people. The bird spoke, but only Andrea understood, other heard the bird sing. "The camp is quite big, and it is mostly apprentices there." the bird stated. She was left thinking, lips sealed. "What about the kid?" The bird sighed. (Yes, it sighed, crazy right?!) "Yes, he is doing his job" It was her turn to sigh, well at least he is well. "Thank you, you may leave now." As the bird flew away, Andrea hang back on the group, observing the people gathered here. All walking with a purpose, and ready for anything.