Fate Breakers

Fluffking

Re: Fate Breakers

Post by Fluffking » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:18 am

"I just hope this blasted rain will have stopped before we get to their camp," Henrick muttered to himself. His pyromancy was useful and he had found out that being Fateless came with a massive advantage: Magic users became stronger, and learned extreme spells. Henrick had known a bit of pyromancy in his living life, but never got too far as his rebellious nature made most teachers almost go crazy with him. But that was no obstacle now.

"Henrick the flame over here is dying out!" someone suddenly called out, "I'm a little busy here!" he yelled back. That was the annoying part of being a pyromancer, everyone expected that you could start fires all over the place, "Can't you just-" "I have difficulties enough keeping this one from dying out. Put another piece of wood on the fire if you're that desperate!" This wasn't uncommon, and Henrick was actually suspecting them of joking now a days, but still an annoyance.

There would be sometime until they could set out, but Henrick wasn't concerned. Most people here just wanted revenge and that was a strong motive. If the members wouldn't die the bishops would probably be killed within a few months. He himself was more interested in making sure no more like himself would come up. Asking oneself questions shouldn't be punishable by death.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:53 pm

Carmen had been preparing to return to her small tent when she heard Lucis. Looking down, the small jingle of golden chains that hung from her horns was accompanied by a warm and inviting smile. She had known these people for only about a year, and she was still getting used to having them come to her of all people. She was just a dreamer, a Weaver of shadows and explorer of the inner mind; But that seemed to make her all the more wiser, which was more than helpful in securing a place as somewhat of a leader. "Lucis, you do understand the dangers that come with going out there? Especially for a child like yourself." She began, motioning for him to follow as she slowly walked towards the tent. "I cannot guarantee that the soldiers will not come after you, if they happen to spot you in battle."

As Carmen walked she tightened her grip on her staff, the small gem that sat nestled within it's crook pulsated with a soft purple color. It seemed to do that, whenever negativity floated around her; It was her only way of really telling. "But, I understand that this world has many dangers, and you need to learn how to deal with them." She stopped just before the small tent, leaning against her staff as she looked down at him. There was a sense of understanding in her eyes, a bit of wisdom that none other seemed to hold. She understood the world out here was far too harsh for a child, but it was best to not shield him from it all. He'd have to learn eventually, one way or another, and Carmen hoped that she could be there to somewhat guide it.

"You may run recon. We'll be heading out soon, so I suggest you pack the things you need and head off. If you feel there is too much danger-" She frowned for a moment, her mind already diving through possible outcomes, "-then come straight back to camp. Alright?" Carmen was a Dreamer, an 'All-sight', as they liked to call her. She could move within the dreams of others, and she herself could see into the future quite a bit. Perhaps that was the only reason she did things; She could see what would happen, according to every small decision. It wasn't a 100% true sort of sight, more like an estimate, but it did help greatly in making sure everything ran smoothly, and that all her decisions would lead to a specific outcome. Closing her eyes for a second Carmen thought of the battle, trying to keep the mental image in her head. "Tell the others that we'll be heading out soon, if you can." She added one more time, letting her amber eyes flutter open.

Aster shook her head, absentmindedly toying with a small flame in her hand. She attempted to shield it from the light rain, but it was always put out with a soft hiss. Her attention snapped up when she heard the sound of shuffling feet, and her eyes landed on Ajak who was making their way towards her. Closing her hand into a fist to put out her little flame for good, she crossed her arms and listened to him speak. "No need to thank me for stopping something that should have never started." She frowned, shaking her head again. As much as she hated when teammates fought among one another so quickly, it was always nice to stamp it down and prove that arguing and threatening was useless.

"As for what you can do?" She echoed his offer, tapping her lip with a finger for a second in thought. "I mean, you can prepare yourself. You can fight, correct?" She asked, pushing off the makeshift podium and standing upright. Aster was not the tallest woman by any means (That went to Carmen), but the way she held herself always seemed to give off the air of intimidation. "Because we're going to need you on the field. Even though Carmen said some of us were staying, that was meant more towards the others." She motioned to the other soldiers who milled about, all who were securing weapons and setting up defense. "If you really don't want to fight, then you can help others gather gear."
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

SuXeSoN

Post by SuXeSoN » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:23 pm

"Lucis, you do understand the dangers that come with going out there? Especially for a child like yourself." The question made Lu look down towards his feet. Of course, he knew, how could he not? It's been a year since he had woke up in this camp, living the harsh life. Before he could answer that question, he noticed that he was supposed to follow Carmen, judging from the increased distance between them. She spoke again as he jogged a bit to catch up. "I cannot guarantee that the soldiers will not come after you, if they happen to spot you in battle." The boy knew that she had a point. He was planning to hide up in the trees. People often don't bother to look up. But even so, he probably had to think about what to do in the event that he was spotted. That was probably the message Carmen was trying to convey.

The gem on her crook glowed purple, attracting his eyes. It was a rather beautiful sight, but at the same time, the purple seemed rather foreboding.

"But, I understand that this world has many dangers, and you need to learn how to deal with them."

"Mmmhmm." Was Lucis reply, he understood this. It was a reason why he wanted to do this after all. After all, he would probably grow and become an adult like most everyone else here. When that time comes, he had to be ready for it. He knew that his own abilities are potentially really powerful, and there might be more to them that he didn't know yet. It was possible that he could do much more with his abilities as long as he kept on finding new ways to use them. After all, he did make the mind-blowing innovation that allowed him to cook without a fire. A Light-Armament Frying Pan makes a pretty good steak. With that in mind, he could possibly grow up to become really strong, strong enough to lead. It was ambitious, perhaps, but aren't all children ambitious?

Lucis made eye contact with Carmen. He sometimes find eye contact to be a scary thing, and he hasn't got too comfortable with that. But Carmen's eyes were definitely different. The boy wasn't able to figure out how they are different exactly. It's nothing as simple as just the colour. No. Was it true that eyes are windows to the soul? What is a soul anyway? He wasn't quite so sure, except that the woman before him probably has a very beautiful, mesmerizing soul. It seemed to tell him that she expected something from him.

You may run recon. We'll be heading out soon, so I suggest you pack the things you need and head off. If you feel there is too much danger-"

The boy gulped

"-then come straight back to camp. Alright?"

The boy nodded, of course, he would. There's always a way for him to return to camp when it's day out. He just needs preparation, and a certain, heat-resistant woman to help.

"Tell the others that we'll be heading out soon if you can."

"Will do. Thanks, Carmen." The boy bowed as he took his leave, going back in the direction of the platform.

"Carmen want you all to know that we'll be heading out soon!" He announced from the bottom of the platform. It was too much of a bother to climb up to it. Nearby was Aster, whom he wanted to talk to, but not now. He should make preparations.

It didn't take too long to get his gear from his tent. Which he scavenged himself in the past, or were simply given to him by the other Fateless. All of which were pretty worn and old, but at least they were usable. What he had was a rough, hand-drawn, primitive map, an old compass, a handmade sling, and water pouch, all of which were able to fit into a small sachel, which was a good size for him. Additionally, using Light Armament, even with the bad weather, he was able to prepare a surprisingly dense, spherical ball of light that was just a little bigger than his palm.

Now that he was geared up, he approached Aster. While it wasn't the first time he asked her to do him this favour, it was still somewhat nerve-wracking to ask. "Umm... Excuse me. Carmen wants to send me on recon. Soo.." The boy raised up the ball of light. Aster was pretty much the only other person of the Fateless that has heat and fire-resistance. Though, he was unsure if the pyromancer over there, Hendrick, had that too. Last he heard, he could manipulate fire, but he isn't sure if he was resistant. It would be odd if he wasn't, to be truthful. But Aster was more used to this task.

All she had to do is to keep the ball safe, and maybe feed it light or fire whenever it wanes. But it shouldn't be dimming significantly as long as the sun is out, so all Aster had to do is to make sure that it doesn't burn anything. Since, to a non-resistant person, it's like holding dry, burning coal. So what's the purpose of having the ball in the first place? It acts as a lifeline for Lu to warp back to camp. No matter how far he is, he would be able to warp back to the ball, even if it's night. But depending on the distance, nausea would probably hit him pretty hard. An hour's walk away would be enough to make him need to lie down for quite a few minutes. A few minutes of trying not to vomit. But it was definitely a good insurance, in case he needed to come back suddenly.

"Would you please? Miss?" Lu held up the ball of light up with both hands, offering it to her.
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

Loyal to none but the one true King... OZYMANDIO-DA!

Rorschach

Post by Rorschach » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:15 pm

When the elven women spoke Tommy listened, he by no means wanted to start a fight within camp but he still felt strongly about leaving at night. To him leaving in the veil of night made sense since his night vision was so good but he could not grasp that the others were not the same. As the elven woman’s eyes landed on Tommy he gave a half-ass smile and said “So be it,” before taking a few steps away from her. The only person that seemed to stir something inside of Tommy was the elven woman, the presence of her kept Tommy on edge.
Turning and pondering some more Tommy is abruptly interrupted by another child with too many words, he watched as the little girl moved around and asked questions he could not all take in at once. “It is raining runts as well?” Tommy said jokingly looking to the grey shrouded sky, giving a smile he reaches and pretends to stroke the girls hair, “Listen, you run along and play with the others, the battlefield is no place for someone like yourself.” Bringing his hands back to himself he examine the cat-girl and in his mind nothing could explain why this girl wanted to be here. The girl made Tommy curious but before he could ask something of her Tommy hears Lucid’s announcement, the announcement brings a smile to Tommy’s face and he begins to make his way toward the Elven woman before leaving the little girl with his last comment, “Oh and I am not angry.”
Tell me, what do you see?

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:29 pm

"Carmen want you all to know that we'll be heading out soon!" was yelled out in the camp. People were woken up, and commerce began once again. He wasn't surprised to see more than a few weapons and staffs coming forth. Hell he even had his own rapier prepared back in his tent. With all the commotion water was splashed up and about, killing off at least one fire. Sighing Henrick gave up on trying to maintain the fires around the camp. "I hate rain," he said as he made his way towards his tent.

Inside wasn't much to speak off. Of course the rapier stood in it's scabbard, ruby showing and all, but other than the makeshift bed there wasn't really anything in the tent. And it was probably not a bad thing. Even if the tents were supposed to keep out water and rain, he still stepped in puddles, and could see multiple parts of the cloth wet from the constant rain. With a sigh he took his rapier and walked back into the commotion of camp. With him gone and people walking all over the place Henrick wasn't surprised when he noticed multiple people trying to get embers to spark a flame. "Respect the water," he said as someone tried to get him to reignite a fire.

HoneyBuzz
Bronze

Post by HoneyBuzz » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:51 pm

Aster moved her attention from Ajak to Lucis, and she cracked a small smile as he talked. No matter how stubborn and tough she seemed, she couldn't help but be a little nice to the kid. She looked at the ball of light and thought for a moment, before nodding her head and taking it gently in her hands. The sensation of heat washed over her skin and for others perhaps it would have burned, but Aster merely enjoyed the feeling. Holding it securely in one hand she held it against her, keeping it safe. "Be careful out there, Lucis. Can't afford to lose any of you, anytime soon." She then returned her attention to Ajak and the approaching Tommy, still cradling the ball of light in her hand.

"I'll be staying here at camp. Can't have all the powerful ones heading out into danger, can we?" She chuckled, resuming her leaned back position against the Podium. Her eyes, piercing as always, quickly surveyed the rest of the people who she assumed would be going. It wasn't a big group by any means, but it was certainly enough to scare a few Bishop Trainees. Once more her eyes focused on Tommy, who had seemed more than eager to pick a fight with a child. They narrowed for a moment, before she merely shook her head and gently patted the ball of light in her hand. "I should see to it that this is secured. Watch yourselves out there, I can heal but I won't be out there to help with injuries. Best if we keep those to a minimum, anyways."

Carmen watched as Lucis ran off, shaking her head. The rain had begun to let up slightly, meaning that the window of opportunity was set to open soon; and they'd need to move fast. Mumbling something she ran her hand over the gem in her staff, turning and entering the small tent she had been staying in. It was the same as all the other tents in the small camp, besides a small makeshift desk scattered with papers and books of various sizes. An older book, looking as if it had seen far better days, sat open with several dog-eared pages catching her attention. Making her way towards it, she gently ran her fingers over the aged yellow paper, letting out a sigh.

The book was an older tome, one given to her by her mother. It was all about the art of clairvoyance, of seeing what was not to be seen by mortal eyes. Carmen chuckled somewhat sarcastically to herself, a sad smile on her face. "Mortal eyes will not grace these pages for a while, mother." She mumbled, gently closing the book. It's cover was leather-bound, with the massive etching of an open-eyed symbol, colored a deep purple. It was a beautiful book, but there was always such an unusual energy that emanated from it, A feeling of anticipation; Like it was waiting for something. Quickly she lifted the book, grunting at it's surprising weight before sliding it into a small chest hidden beneath her cot. After making sure all was secure, she grabbed a small compass and a small pocket watch, gently rubbing it's surface as she left her tent.

Stepping out she winced at the explosion of light; The sun had finally peeked out from behind the clouds. Realizing that now was the time, Carmen tossed her staff over her shoulder, securing it with the leather strap she used to carry it, before quickly making her way to the podium. Her entire face was blank, eyes focused on the horizon as the sun began to make it's descent towards the horizon. "Listen up!" She called out, hand on the hilt of her sword as she briskly walked through the crowd. "We'll be moving out very soon. Those of you that wish to go, assemble yourselves at the entrance of the camp. We leave in twenty minutes." She continued to walk, moving towards where the gathering point was.
y'know, like ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Nya *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Ajak nodded earnestly. “Got it: be careful, don’t get killed. We’ll do our absolute best,” they assured her. While she was a good deal shorter than them, Aster just had an air of authority to her.

At Carmen’s yell they straightened up, eyes bright as they listened. “Guess that’s us,” they said brightly, nodding at Lucis as they rolled their sleeves up enough to not get in the way of their hands. They usually preferred to fight with stone rather than their weapon, but that was no reason to be careless.

“This is your first battle, right? Pretty exciting!” they enthused. He was young, sure, but he wouldn’t be the thick of the fighting and they’d all probably be keeping half an eye on him anyway. Besides, kids his age loved battles and dying, didn’t they?

SuXeSoN

Post by SuXeSoN » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:55 am

"Be careful out there, Lucis. Can't afford to lose any of you, anytime soon." Aster said, "No worries.. You know I can escape from a sticky situation. That's why I'm going after all." Lucis pounded his chest as if to assert his confidence. "Plus, I'm not really planning on actually fighting." Aster gave a little more of a pep-talk, which Lucis stayed to listen to. Then she turned. The boy looked as well, to see that Tommy was heading in their direction. If looks could kill... Lu was starting to feel rather uncomfortable, he knew that he of all people would be opposed to him going. Not that Lu could be stopped.

"I should see to it that this is secured. Watch yourselves out there, I can heal but I won't be out there to help with injuries. Best if we keep those to a minimum, anyways." Lu nodded "Thanks, you take care too, Miss."

Carmen then made the announcement, it was about time he got going. He had to be there to access the situation first anyways.

“Guess that’s us,” the tall Orc beside Aster spoke, most likely to him. "Oh, no. I'm recon, so I'm about to head out now." He was just about to turn and leave when they said. "First battle.. Well.. Against the Bishops then it's a first for us all. I had my fair share of practice spars with the others. I'm not really planning to actually fight anyways. Take care uhh... Sir?" He was really unsure of what honorific to use here. Before he got too uncomfortable about it...

Lu bolted off towards the east exit. Holding the sling in his right hand. The ring at the end of one of the ropes was already around his fingers. With the other hand, he prepped the ammunition. A small ball of Lux Armament, similar to the other one he gave Aster, but this one was only a little more than an inch in diameter. It didn't take too long to materialize it. Once he got a bit into the damp forest, where there wasn't someone he would accidentally hit, he loaded the ammo. He started swinging the sling in a figure-8 motion, which felt more natural compared to when he was learning to use it a while back. "You know.. One good thing about this weather is that I don't have to worry about burning the forest by accident." He talked to himself, before launching the ball eastwards. The next moment, Lu disappeared, as he warped to the ball.

He repeated the process of slinging a Lux Ball and warping to it in regular intervals, while he walked. He was probably around twice or three times as fast as just walking. Though, as the sun was starting to glow orange, he had to hurry up. To ensure his own safety, he had to rendezvous with the raid party, or teleport back to camp before it got too late. His pack was light, perhaps he should pick up the pace. He started to jog lightly. Estimated time of arrival? 20 minutes, accounting for breaks and using the map and compass to get his bearings. If he wasn't careful, he could end up making a 360 back to his own camp. Then again, depending on how much he strayed from the track by accident, he could take another 10 minutes. Warping could be disorientating.
Last edited by SuXeSoN on Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you clean your vacuum cleaner, you're making your vacuum cleaner, and you're a vacuum cleaner.

Loyal to none but the one true King... OZYMANDIO-DA!

Ash

Post by Ash » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:45 am

"Hey! I am not a child!" Andrea exclaimed as Tommy ruffled her hair. As she pushed his hand away, she pouted while looking up at him. She noticed his smile as one of the rarest sights from him. Andrea loved to people watch which was part of the reason why interacting with other was so easy for her. Noticing things and adjusting according to their needs was one of her hobbies, and one of the few things she still has from before her death. And as she spent time in the camp she started to noticed things about Tommy, who was one of the few animalines in the camp. He was three years younger than her, and yet he acted more mature than she did.
As Lucis's voice carried the announcement, Andrea turned to look at where he was standing, with a smile on her face. She turned to tell Tommy, but he was already walking away. She looked at Tommy's back, and her smile wavered as Tommy retreated from her. Her tail and ears dropped, but she caught herself before fully giving it away. She didn't like being told to stay behind. She turned back towards the forest, and sighed. “Oh and I am not angry.” At that, she turned back towards Tommy, and smiled widely. "Well, you never know with him." Feeling satisfied with that answer, she skipped her way to the group who will be traveling towards the camp. This is going to be fun!

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:05 am

"Twenty minutes huh?" Henrick said. "Well what are we waiting for," someone near him said. Many of the people in camp was more than excited for a chance to get revenge. Henrick of course also wanted revenge, but he was more concerned for others like him.

Back before he was executed, he had asked himself a few questions about the church and believe alone in his house. A priest or bishops had walked in and turned Henrick in to the police. The silver scars on his wrists was an eternal memory of what happened next.

"What are your flames gonna do pyroboy?" someone asked as he walked near the camp entrance, "If you can't even keep campfires alive what do you expect to do here?" it was likely just a smug commentary, but with the rain letting up Henrick could easier keep things hot. Finding the person in the growing crowd wasn't difficult. A small hand movement and a slight scream later put his stance on the situation on display. It was nothing more than embers that had sprung up near the persons face. But embers could still hurt plenty. Not that they had hit anything. "That's answer enough!" he asked. No response. A grin formed on Henrick's face.