Vampire Love [Starry Night Smol]

PoeticSatyr

Vampire Love [Starry Night Smol]

Post by PoeticSatyr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:52 pm

The castle seemed to hold its breath. The infamous slayer was inside the castle. The beast who've relentlessly killed all vampires, innocent or evil. Descriptions of the gruesome massacres have caused mass hysteria amongst Valewyn’s subjects, and has even concerned the members of the High Court. Whoever this person, this monster, is would pay the price for their crimes today.

“Your Highness, it would be in your best interest if you pick up your pace. The other council members have already taken their seats. If you arrive after your father is seated-"
“Bartholomew,” Prince Mitchell interrupted, “the trial starts at midnight. Nothing significant will happen that requires my presence beforehand.”
Bartholomew, the prince’s stout and balding equerry, sighed but otherwise said nothing. He checked his bronze pocket watch and nervously watched as the hands moved to 11:54.
Finally, the prince entered the throne room. As Mitchell ascended the many stone stairs that led to the thrones, he surveyed the room. The great reticulated windows, which reached as tall as the 80 foot tall ceiling, had their drapes drawn, bathing the room with moonlight. The countryside and gardens could be seen, as well as small vampire villages--blips in the distance. Three blood-red banners with the golden insignia of the kingdom were placed on behind the thrones, and also on the balcony itself. Benches were placed at the bottom of the thrones, and a single podium in front of those. The courtiers were already seated and murmuring amongst themselves. The rest of the room was lined with guards, and candles to further illuminate the room.

Mitchell stood by his throne, waiting for his father's entrance. He's read all the reports of this vampire hunter. And those have been few, since there aren't any living witnesses. The energy he felt was unfamiliar. Was it curiosity? Nervousness? Anger? A mixture of all three? Mitchell couldn't place a feeling on what he was feeling, but something stirred inside him. There was something that was going to happen. He reeled in this aura, however, remembering his public image. He set his face to a stony expression and straightened his stance, placing his hands behind his back. His eyes mimicked an expression of disinterest and slight annoyance. An expression his father often wore.

Just then, his father entered. The courtiers stopped whispering and the guards stood up straighter. If the room didn't feel stiff before, it did now. The king, Valdemar Vasiliev, ruled the kingdom of vampires with an iron fist. He had zero tolerance for anything or anyone against him, and his punishments were brutish. It wouldn't be inaccurate to say that he was feared more than he was respected.

The herald then began the announcements, starting with the king and ending with the lowest ranking courtier. The trial was ready to begin.

Everyone waited with bated breath for the King to start. Even Mitchell found tension creeping into his muscles, but he didn't dare steal a glance at his father. He continued to look aloof even though his black heart was hammering. Finally, the king raised two, decorated fingers.

“Let them in.”

Starry Night Smol

Re: Vampire Love [Starry Night Smol]

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:34 pm

x
x
x

Gods, be damned!!! the woman thought through gritted teeth. It was a trap. The whole tipoff was a gods-hexed trap! Keaton should have known it was too good an offer to take a small force and think they could extinguish such a group. Instead, she and her troupe were ambushed, captured, and now she was being half dragged, half shoved uncerimoniously to the Valewyn empire's High Court room. Gods only knew where the rest of her troupe were. She knew at least three of them were dead during the skirmish, and mourned the loss of three good hunters.

Her hands were bound tightly behind her back, well secured, and they had managed to find and tear away all of her means of defending herself. Her sword blessed by the Church of the Nine, stakes, wooden mallet, and other popular means of vampiric assassination, all stripped from her person. They left her nothing, not even the silver dirk hidden down the front of her now bloodied and ripped shirt. "Gods only know where they are now." she muttered with a roll of her eyes.

"Silence, murderer." growled the guard behind her, shoving her forward with the but of his spear and sending her sprawling, tripping over the ropes tied around her feet.

Keaton stumbled and fell, rolling a few inches and swearing under her breath. She attempted to rise, only to trip over the ropes again and muttering more curses. The guards flanking either side of her hauled her back to her feet as she spat out blood from where she had accidentally bit her lip during the tumble down. With another ungraceful shove, she was sent half stumbling, half marching toward the courtroom doors.

They opened, and before her stood the king and other members of the High Court. Keaton stared at all of them, her jaw clenched. These were the real murderers. Her targets, ever single one of them. If she could somehow manage to break loose, she might be able to steal one of the guards' spears and------ "KNEEL, Wench." growled a guard as he jabbed at the back of her knees with the but of his spear, forcing Keaton to stumble to a kneeling position.

Cold hard fury glinted in her green eyes like a lime colored fire. She glowered at the guard, her lips curling into a snarl. "We'll see who's kneeling when you beg for mercy, as I cut off your head, bloodsucker." She growled in a low voice, so only those closest to her might hear. She turned her battered and bruised head to stare up at her captors, eyes full of hatred. "Well???" she said, her voice hoarse from lack of water on the trek up here. "What are we waiting for? Let's get this show on the road, oh king of the night." She said, her voice dripping contempt.
First, coffee......... THEN take over the world.
I don't bite! .... much. (Okay, I don't bite hard.)

PoeticSatyr

Post by PoeticSatyr » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:48 pm

The doors, pulled by two guards, opened to reveal...a small woman. Her stature was far from intimidating, and her face was far from wretched. She was actually beautiful.

Mitchell blinked away the thought and focused on the beast, the slayer, the vampire killer. The one who destroyed hundreds of lives in cold blood. Not this fiery woman who couldn't seem to hold her tongue.

A small gasp rippled through the courtiers as she spat at the king. A few, including some guards, stole a look at the king to gauge his reaction, preparing to wince at the hell that would commence. The king remained still. He looked her up and down with disinterested eyes, but everyone knew he was most likely coming up with the most gruesome ways to torture and kill her. The courtroom was suffocating from the tension as the king still remained silent. A few, agonizingly long beats later, the king shifted in his chair to a more reclined pose. Everyone seemed to shift along with him their attention solely on him and him alone. The unease in the room was growing to a head; everything felt thick. Then, the king finally spoke.

“Begin the trial,” he said with a low voice.

The courtier standing at the podium straightened up and spread the papers out on the surface, adjusting his spectacles and collar.

“Ahem, we are here tonight for the trial of the infamous Vampire Slayer who goes by the name ‘Keaton’. This vile creature has tormented the countryside along the human and vampire border for far too long, killing our loyal citizens. I will now list the injustices this beast has plagued our kingdom with.”

As the courtier read out each and every offense the slayer committed, Mitchell's eyes drifted back to her.

Keaton. He thought. He wondered why the name resonated within him. There was something about this human that he couldn't put a finger on. Something that interested him more than it should.

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:11 pm

x
x
x

Keaton couldn't roll her eyes any farther if she tried. As the trial began, this horrendous oaf began reading off her 'crimes'. If she was smart, she would have had the grace to look abashed. Instead, she smirked, puffing out her chest with what pride she could muster as a captor amidst the monsters. The list went on for quite some time, and finally, the old bag ran out of breath, and out of crimes. The battered woman lifted her head to the high court.

And she had the gall to smile.

"Aye. I am as you say. I am Keaton Marie Beckett, vampire slayer. I have killed your kind. I've desecrated their corpses. I've beheaded, stabbed, maimed, and more. You say I've terrorized your people. You say I'm a monster." A haughty laugh escaped her lips. "Tell that to the girl of thirteen, who's company your people slew on their way to meet the girl's betrothed. Tell that to the frightened human girl who fought, tooth and nail, to keep from being fed upon and ripped apart by your ilk. Tell that to the girl who nearly met her own end at your hands before. Tell that to the girl who promised to protect others from meeting the same fate. Ah, yes, tell me all of this, from back when I was still a young maiden, and tell me that you would not have done the same in my shoes. I've done all you say and more, mayhaps, but I've done it to protect my people. So go ahead; kill me, o night king, but that won't stop your people from dying at the hands of my brethren." She sneered. "I might die today, but I'll die knowing I've done all to thin your like, and mayhaps my parents will sleep better knowin' the ghost of their wee girl has actually avenged her killers nine times over." She shifted from her kneeling position to one that was seated, crisscrossed. She was surprisingly calm for a woman at trial, if you could call it a trial even. Keaton wouldn't deny these claims; though some of them might indeed be wilder than the actual events that happened. Her eyes bore into the king and those standing to the left and right of him. Her eyes lingered on one of them a little longer; a male with striking golden eyes. She smirked.

Gods, if she ever got free of this, she'd love nothing more than to kill each and every one of them, that one first; in front of the king.... in front of his own father. Such revenge would be sweet.

PoeticSatyr

Post by PoeticSatyr » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:22 am

The look on the king's face was a terrifying expression Mitchell knew all too well. His nose was flared and his eyes were bright with anger. If there was any ounce of mercy he was willing to give Keaton, it has vanished now. The muscles under his dark garb were taught as he leaned forward in his throne, hands gripping the bejeweled arm rests. He looked ready to pounce from right where he was. Mitchell tensed, preparing for the worst.

"How dare you come in these halls and think you have the right to speak freely. You are nothing to me but a worm, as were your brethren who I've slaughtered. You've killed my people and now you smile at the face of justice with pride. You are not a noble being. You're vile and full of contempt, you unlawful swine. You stink of fake humanity and as though you've wallowed in your justified monstrosity. The blood of my people is spilled across peaceful lands and you have the audacity to try to provoke guilt? You're pathetic! Your attempts to disrupt my kingdom is pathetic! I will use your mangled corpse as an example to your king. And after that I will make his an example to the rest of your kind! May that deter the rest of the worms from your hole from trifling in my borders!"

At that, a courtier stood up but immediately sat down from a piercing look.

"Sit down! I've had enough of this vampire slayer tomfoolery! I will end this starting with you!" The king exploded, now on his feet and pointing a clawed finger at Keaton.

Mitchell's head was whirling with thoughts. If his father started a war with the humans, a giant bloodbath of epic proportions would ensue. Even though vampires were much stronger and faster than any human, humans have a fierce determination that would drag on a war until both sides are severely hindered. Mitchell had to do something now, the fate of the world was at stake.

"Tomorrow! You will be publicly executed! Your skin will be peeled from your sad lump of a body, and your eyeballs gorged and forced down your throat! Before death takes mercy upon your wretched body, your body will be-"

"No!"

This time, a collective gasp swept through the entire courtroom. All eyes were on Prince Mitchell who had risen and was staring directly into the eyes of Keaton.

"No," he said again, collecting himself. "That won't do at all. A public execution, a humiliating public execution is brutish and would lead to further resistances and slayer guilds. And starting a strife with King Horace would definitely cause the downfall of this kingdom. We've worked hard for the Peace Treaty and we will not throw it all away for this...beast. There are other uses for it than bland entertainment."

"Like what," the king spat, standing at a towering height and boring his eyes into his son's skull. Mitchell remained unfazed, however. A wave of fierce determination overtook him as he continued to look into Keaton's eyes.

"My blood servant."

A beat passed and nobody dared to breathe. Having the Vampire Slayer, the monster who claimed countless vampiric lives and left the villages on Havensgern devastated become the personal food source for the Prince of Vampires was a shocking notion. Everyone waited on the king's reply. He didn't get one.

"I imagine that this slayer was a hero, a savior even. The humans must've worshipped it and found hope. With hope comes determination, and with determination comes more slayers. Killing this thing in a dishonorable fashion would be satisfying but wouldn't solve the issue. They would become enraged and more would join guilds to eradicate our subjects. But, making it submit to me and become my personal blood bag would destroy them. Their precious savior submitting to the Prince of Vampires, the very person it swore to kill? It would crush them. And along with their petty bands of murderers." Mitchell ended with a smirk that mimicked Keaton's and took a seat. The king worked the idea over in his head, his jaw working. Another painstakingly tense minute passed as the court waited for his response. Finally, he sat down.

"Take it to a cell until its preparations are finished."

The guards holding Keaton down saluted, roughly yanked Keaton up, and dragged her away.

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:54 am

x
x
x

Keaton smirked defiantly as the king lost their cool entirely. She sat upon the floor, letting his rage wash over her like a cool ocean wave. Oh sure, he'd throw back the thousands of people who have died at the hands of her as well as her fellow slayers, she anticipated that, and knew her fate was sealed. At least her death would spark a war, her people would rally and go to war with the enemy. If she couldn't kill these monsters herself, the people would do it to honor her spirit! She grinned wickedly with each word of his sentence, already accepting her death sentence, the fact that her head would roll if it meant her people would grow strong because of it-----------

and then that horrible, horrible whelp of his opened their mouth and spoke.

She looked at him curiously for a moment, her brow raised. When he said what he did, her complexion paled immediately. Keaton felt like she was going to vomit. A blood servant?????? No. NonononoNONONONONO!!!

Words died upon her lips and all she could do was wriggle and fight as the guards dragged her off. "NEVER!! NO!! NO!!! NEVER TO A MONSTER LIKE YOU!!! she roared, her words dying as the guards hauled her uncerimoniously down to the dungeons. Now that she was no longer a threat, and either facing the chopping block or that Prince's fangs, the cared not-at-all what would happen to her. Keaton snarled, kicked, thrashed, everything she could to make their life a living hell until they finally reached the cells, throwing her in and slamming the iron bars shut. The redhead wriggled into a sitting position. "YOU'LL NEVER GET AWAY WITH THIS! I'LL BREAK FREE! I'LL KILL EVERY. SINGLE. ONE OF YOU!!!!!!" she raored.

Her threats fell upon dead ears. She kept thrashing and trying to slip free of her bonds. If she could just get her hands free! She could figure something out to escape this cell before that.... that golden eyed monster could even sink his fangs into her!

PoeticSatyr

Post by PoeticSatyr » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:21 am

Half-blood servants retrieved Keaton from her cell and dressed, bathed, and fed her. The three of them were no older than 15 and were partially curious and terrified of Keaton. Since the king refused to place Keaton in a guest room, the three girls chained her to the Prince's wall where a chain had recently been fastened. The chain connected to an iron collar, which was of decent weight, and was only long enough for Keaton to walk in a half circle. Furniture had been moved to make sure she didn't destroy anything.

~~~

After being reprimanded by his father, Mitchell was sent away. He had exhibited "disgraceful behavior" by interrupting the king and going against his demands. Even though he was thoroughly chewed out, he felt pleased that he "one-upped" his father and asserted himself. He wasn't pleased that he wasn't allowed to discuss the matter further and plan how to publicize the event with the court. He was sent away like a child and the thought made his chest burn with anger.

He immediately went to his study. It was bare since his stay was temporary. The capital was hundreds of miles deeper into the Valewyn territory. The court was here to take care of the Vampire Slayer, which has already been done. They will be returning soon.

After letting his emotions and thoughts fester, he wrote a letter to his mother. He told her about the agonizing trip to Haveryn with Bartholomew's gassiness, meeting the pompous High Court courtiers again, and the trial. After a brief pause he crossed out the word "beautiful" as a descriptor for Keaton. He couldn't think like that. He shouldn't. He wouldn't.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. At his approval. a half-blood servant nervously opened the door.

"She's ready, Your Highness," the girl said softly.

Mitchell's face softened and nodded, tucking his letter into his waist coat. "Thank you. You are dismissed."

~~~

Mitchell opened the door to find the furniture rearranged. When his eyes landed on Keaton chained to the wall he understood why. He let an annoyed grimace creep on his face as he walked closer, inspecting the collar and chain. Even though he wasn't thrilled with the idea of having Keaton chained like a wild animal, he stood safely out of range. She was the Vampire Slayer after all.

"Hello," he said coolly. "Enjoying your stay so far?"

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:47 am

x
x
x

Keaton had been in her cell for a mere matter of minutes, when three younglings came to fetch her. Servants, all of them, but by their complexion and other features, the redhead could deduce that they weren't entirely vampiric. Still, she kept her guard up around them, giving them stone-faced looks as they led her through the halls and up to a room to be stripped of her clothes, washed, and garbed once again. Except, her clothing wasn't her own, rather, a form-fitting deep green dress, with her shoulders and neck bare, no doubt for easy feeding access, she thought to herself with a roll of her eyes. Still, as the serving children moved her along, she was taken to a room and chained. If it were adults, she would have kicked, fought, bit.... anything to break free. But these were young ones, no more than fifteen or so. She glowered at them though when they left. There, she was chained, a heavy iron collar about her neck, and the links allowed her some movement at least, but not my much. Still, she had been given reason to pause.

No longer was she garbed in tunic and breeches, leather armor, and boots. Rather, she was dressed in a gown, lace, sweet smelling perfume.... it took her back to the days of old, back to the time when she was a highborn girl; the gowns, the courtly lessons, the matchmaking....

If she could, she would rip the dress off that very moment and sack the place for a good set of pants. Not these.... lacy garments. They were uncomfortable, difficult to move in, and that corset was making it hard to breathe. Why dress her all pretty if she was a prisoner?

She didn't have long to wait though, when her 'master' finally came to her. Her green eyes narrowed to slits. He has the gall to be civil with me? As if I'm not his next several meals?? She curled her lip into a sneer. "Peh. You can have your servants take me from the dungeons, bathe me, and dress me in this.... ilk..." she gestured to the dress, "and chain me here.... but that doesn't stop the fact that I despise you. Better watch yourself, princeling. If ever I break free of this, it'll be YOUR blood that's spilled, not mine. Shoulda let yer father kill me." she said as menacingly as she could.

((the dress in question: https://i.imgur.com/caFtVga.jpg))

PoeticSatyr

Post by PoeticSatyr » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:13 am

Mitchell barely blinked. He placed his hands behind his back and studied her more closely. The emerald green dress brought out her sparkling green eyes, accented her fiery red hair that matched her riveting personality...what was he doing.

"Starting tonight, you're my blood servant. We'll make it official through magic once we arrive at the capital." Mitchell began pacing the floor, his eyes looking at everything but Keaton. He would need to get her out of that as soon as possible. He couldn't concentrate with how bright she was compared to everything else. It terrified him that he didn't know if his sudden hindrances were from his vampiric instincts or something totally different. And forbidden. Morally.

"As you already know, my tastes more refined than your typical vampire. Certain nutrients and minerals are essential for the acquired taste I prefer. I will pick your meals to give you those certain nutrients and minerals. I can also grant you training. I don't like excessive fat and cholesterol in my blood. But, we have to make compromises, which is something I'm only willing to do if you are."

He turned to Keaton, gold meeting green eyes.

"I would be able to offer you better garb and training privileges if you agree to behave yourself when I remove the chain from the wall. I won't remove your collar, but, if we can mutually build a foundation of trust, I can give you one not quite as heavy. Do we have a deal?"

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:37 am

x
x
x

She watched him, her bright green eyes glittering with defiance. She felt herself heat as he looked her over. Blood. That's all he's looking at you for. You're a pretty little blood bag, and he's probably hungry. she thought to herself scornfully. Her eyes never left him though; she studied him - his physique, his movements, looking at any possible weak points she could use to her advantage later. At his demands, she rolled her eyes opened her mouth. "Got it. Steal and eat all the bacon and mutton I can get my hands on from the larder." she quipped. Still, he offered her.... certain benefits. For starters.... new clothes. She could do with a set of pants, that much she knew. But he also considered removing the chain and lessening the weight of the collar about her neck.

The gears began to turn in her head. If she played this out, and 'behaved' as he so instructed...... I could kill him sooner than I thought. she thought to herself. Her eyes finally met his, those glittering pools of gold. If it were anyone else, she might have found them attractive. But that split second thought was immediately shoved far far away. "And what of me in return? This training, the new clothes.... eating right.... aside from being 'a good little blood bag', what's the catch?" Keaton asked, point blank. Her hands were starting to tingle as feeling began to come back into them, her bonds had been cut so they could bathe her, and her hands were free. She took a moment to rub the feeling back into them, wincing slightly, and hoping the prince didn't notice. "I'll do what you ask. But you'd better hold up your end of the deal, starting with pants and a tunic; sooner rather than later. Dresses have never been my preferred garb, no matter how pretty they are." Keaton said snarkily.