[One] Apex (reserved for Starry Night Smol)

12maori3

[One] Apex (reserved for Starry Night Smol)

Post by 12maori3 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:20 pm

So this one was a really weird RP I did with someone a few years back. We chose four words and developed a plot from those words and it went a bit like this: It's in another world where there are human/hybrid animals. If you've ever watched thundercats as a kid, something like that. There's a girl who belongs to a pride of lions and is the youngest out of a litter of 5. Her dad is the pride leader and since it's not totally animalistic, her mother is at the top with her dad. They live in the plains with other lion hybrid people/animals though spread far from each other to maintain territorial bounds. Each pride consists of multiple families that has their own small village, far from other prides. The youngest in the pride has always been different and wants to go into the city. She heard in the city, there are so many different kinds of animals, restaurants to serve food so she could spend more time doing something else besides hunting, clubs, etc. She plans a night where she would leave her family and return the next day since no one really pays attention to her anyway.
Except she gets lost. Dragons at this point are very rare. Like lions, they like to be traditional and live high in the mountains away from everything else. They are feared by everyone, considered to be the top of the food chain. The young lioness bumps into the dragon and is prepared to fight because that's what she's been taught to do, and the dragon guy looks pretty mean. After he turns out to be a quiet but nice person who explains to her that as a dragon, his face naturally looks mean, he helps her get home. The journey takes a few days and in that span of time, she experiences so much of the world. Once she's home and is ready to face her punishment for having a dragon cross their territory just to deliver her home, she sneaks out again. She catches up with the dragon guy and tells him to take her wherever he's going. But he's not really going anywhere either. He's a full grown dragon who decided to leave home (imagine a quiet bad boy, that's the dragon guy). And he takes a liking and promises to protect this lioness innocent to the world.

12maori3

Re: [One] Apex (reserved for Starry Night Smol)

Post by 12maori3 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:58 pm

(Forgot the picture)

Iris's ears twitched as she heard her oldest brother enter the room. She sighed, her tail swishing in annoyance. "Get out," she was bandaging her hand, a frown on her face. The rumbling voice of the fully grown feline responded a bit offendedly, "I just want to help. It takes longer if you do it yourself."
Before she could reply the large mass of fur settled across from her. Despite the roughness of his appearance, his hands took hers gently in contrast to the deep frown on his face. He undid the bandage and began to bandage it a bit tighter to stop the bleeding on Iris's palm. There was an uncomfortable silence before her brother spoke quietly, "I'm so-"
Iris pulled her hand away, "Don't say sorry. You did what you were supposed to do. I wasn't paying attention." She hated being apologized to because it made it even more clear how incapable they all thought she was. They had been sparing with their claws unsheathed. Her brother had already been going easy on her. She had been distracted for a mere second when he clawed her palm. Of course, her father stopped the sparing and told her to go bandage it before it became infected. I scratched Adris so many times and no one said anything. The one time I get scratched....
She sighed bitterly and looked up at Adris. Her oldest brother looked at her with the same soft eyes her father did, the same eyes as her mother and the rest of the family did. "Okay...if you don't want to continue-"

Iris stood up to her feet, her frustration visible on her face, "I want to continue! It's just a scratch. If I don't practice, you'll all say I'm too fragile. If I do, you treat me like I'm fragile. So let's just get on with it." She hated talking to him that way knowing it all came from a place of love. It was just suffocating, which made her plan for tonight the more understandable. Adris ruffled her hair with a smile on his face, "Heart of a warrior. Let's go," he took the lead, as always and Iris followed.

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:52 pm

Image A tall, well built figure strode swiftly down the hall, exiting the court, his wings opened and stretched, glad to be out of the hall with the stuffy elders and stuck-up diplomats. Mitch Abignail let out a short snort of annoyance. While he didn't mind the game of puzzles and tactics that came with being at court, he did mind the attitudes, the beliefs of entitlement, and other stuck-up ideals. He was done. An Abignail of the Skaarsgaard he may be, but a diplomat he was not.

"Nor am I a warrior..." he muttered to himself. Those in his family were either battling for more territory in the mountains, or here, like Mitchel, keeping the 'peace'. He arched his back, stretching, then looking out along the vast expanse of the mountain ranges, took a running start to take to the air. The wings unfolded from his back and beat expertly, as the rest of his body transformed away from his humanesque form into a powerful, scaley body as his draconic form took its full, deep red shape. He let out a low rumble of satisfaction, wings beating the air harder and harder as he rode a thermal to gain altitude. The dragon continued to fly, high and far. Hmn, and what would it be to keep from flying beyond, eh? he thought to himself, his lips curling into a smirk, revealing jagged pearly fangs. It was a long flight back to Skaarsgaard and the mountainside castle he called home. Still, he flew, far and beyond, until the home set deep within a craggy mountainside came into view. Mitch arced gracefully down to the long stone walkway that served as a landing strip when he and his brood entered as dragons. Upon the ground once more, he shifted back to a more humanoid form, the only evidence of his creatur type were the telltale leathery wings, scaley tail, and long, eloquent horns. He strode on, knowing he'd be the only one here. The only one for a few more weeks, at least. The rest of House Abignail would be coming home from the latest bout sometime soon, even his youngest sister Asha, a warrior in her own right. He'd love to see her, truly, but that would throw off his own plans. The last of his belongings just needed to be packed up before he could finally leave Skaarsgaard forever.

Or, perhaps, just for a long while. It was Mitchell's intention that he seek out the world. Let the others deal with these gods-hexed politics. He wasn't getting any younger, and while his brothers and sisters were able to see the world past the vast mountains they called home, he was stuck here. And he planned to fix that within the hour.
First, coffee......... THEN take over the world.
I don't bite! .... much. (Okay, I don't bite hard.)

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:54 pm

When the sun began to settle many of the felines in the area began to head inside their homes. Before that, each family had been out in the large compound, the entire pride of lions and lionesses preparing food, eating and socializing. Because there was no hope for Iris as a warrior, she was at the prime age for marriage according to the standards of the pride. Her parents stressed it put to her more than ever now, telling her that as the youngest in the head family of the entire pride, she had plenty of choices.

What furstrated the young lioness more than anything was the fact that she could be a warrior. She just didn't want to be. She had beaten plenty of opponents, but they were not considered wins because she hadn't used her strength. No, she had used her mind to win or her speed to wear out her opponent. None of it mattered if she could not physically tackle, lunge and attack her opponent. That, she did not have the build for, nor did she have the heart for.
In the compound, Iris sat with her family inatead of socializing. Once it was clear they're daughter was not going to be hunting for a mate, her parents left the table, letting the suitors come to her. They didn't, because her Adris remained. After eating only half her plate, Iris gave the rest to her brother.
"This is why you're so small. I'm going to stop eating your food for you," though his tone was teasing, Adris put Iris's plate back in front of her. Iris sighed and looked around, "Thank you for staying with me." Her brother followed Iris's eyes to some od the younger men who were eyeing the head table. His eyes narrowed and that was enough to send anyone apprpaching the table the other way.
"None of them are good enough for you. But, Jack..." And there it was. Even her brother was part it.

So that night, when the snores of everyone filled the house, Iris put on her sack full of clothes, money and a something to eat, she left the house. It was easy because she had her own room as the only female among 3 males. She left through her window and ran like her life depends depended on it. Light on her feet and faster than anyone in her peide, Iris was out of the plains before she knew it. It took hours through the night to hike past the mountainous trees that protected all the felines from the rest of the world, bue she made it.

Iris knew she had when she saw the lights, stores and different variety of hybrids walking up and down the streets. She kept from letting out a sound of surprise when an interesting looking hybrid walked past her. Lizard? Frog? It was hard to guess what it was, but that made her more excited. There were so many different kinds of people, which meant different perspectives and different personalities. She walked across the streets, her eyes wide, looking at anything and everything in sight.

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:46 pm

Image Mitch had fastened up the last of the things in his bags, several of them packed carefully with clothes and some of his more favored posessions. Once he was certain the house's serving folk had left for the day, he slipped outside. His eyes were on the sky, taking great care to look for the shapes of dragons. None. They were either in their own homes or out in the fields, battling for more territory. Perfect.

Once again, he took a running start, morphing into his draconic form fully once again and taking to the skies, heading for the one place he could easily lose himself;

The big city.

It was a long flight, and by the time he had gotten there, his wings were aching. He landed in a shadier part of town, where no one could see him outright. Gods forbid he give himself away already as a dragon. Mitch drew his hood up around him to conceal some of his draconic features, such as his horns. He also folded his wings very carefully and slung a backpack over his shoulders; at the very least, he'd look like a lizardman, something seemingly unassuming at least. First things first.... dinner. Then, a place to sleep for the night. He thought to himself. Mitch shoved his hands in his pockets, walking along and keeping an eye out all around him. He'd only been to the major city a few times. Enough to know the bad parts of town when he saw it, but couldn't tell you how to get to very many places otherwise.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:23 am

Iris ran her hand through her hair then made sure her bangs on the side were alright. She had planned on leaving but now she had no idea what she was supposed to do somewhere so big. She heard stories from her mother that nights in the city were dangerous so she assumed the first thing to do was to find a place to sleep. She walked around aimlessly trying to find places that would offer good lodging. Her search stopped when she came across a wonderful smell from the cart only a few paces from where she stood. Stree food! It was hard for her to contain her smile as she walked toward the cart, only to see that the owner of the cart had stopped talking to one of the customers to glare at her.
"What do you want?"
Iris looked behind her to see whether the woman was talking to her. It seemed as though she was. Her instinct was to frown in return and ask what she'd done wrong but instead, she maintained her smile to show she wasn't a threat. The woman was deerkind selling deep fried vegetables on the street. "Just some of this, please. How much?" Iris spoke politely. She knew for a fact lionkind and other predators did not have good reputations among the lesserkind.

After being given her food hastily, Iris paid and decided to leave without engaging in any social talks. Her ears perked as she heard the owner tell one of the customers, "I gave her plenty so she doesn't return to attack me." Iris frowned but kept walking, a characteristic that was not common within her kind. Adris would have turned right back around and done just what the woman had said. Iris continued to look around, using the toothpick to poke the pieces of vegetables and place it in her mouth. Finally, once she was just about done she was standing in front of a "motel". It looked to be a place of lodging as evidenced by the sign on the front that claimed just 20 gold pieces a night. Wow!

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:57 am

Image He continued his wanderings, following the smell of food until he came upon a familiar avenue filled with streetfood vendors. He spied a doe-eared woman selling various kebabs. Mitch's stomach rumbled loudly, and he stepped into the queue. When it was his turn, he gave her a handful of coin. "Three kebabs please. Whatever this'll get me." He said simply.

The woman nodded and produced three chicken kebabs for him, wrapped carefully in wax paper. He thanked her kindly and moved out of the way, munching contentedly at the chicken vegetable skewers. His eyes caught those of a lioness girl. odd.... usually don't see too many of them far from their pridelands... he mused to himself. He was cautious. Just what was she up to? Perhaps just passing through?

His eyes also scanned others in the nearby area; a few wolves, jackals, some birdfolk... most of them gave him a wide birth, whether or not they knew just what he as, he was unsure. But he figured his practiced 'mean look' would make sure they kept their distance enough from him.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:39 am

Iris had finished the last of her street food. It had been so good she wanted more but didn't dare go back to the woman. It wasn't put of fear, never. It was out of not putting the woman in an uncomfortable position, understanding that she would also be wary of a species that rarely showed their face in public. She sighed as she stood in front of the motel. She might need to buy a hoodie, or something to put over herself to cover her face a bit. Still, she doubted covering her ears would be distraction enough from her tail and feline eyes. She wanted the full experience but she doubted if she continued like this, she would get it.

She looked back toward the street cart, specifically toward the man she had made eye contact with before. Even from here, he smelled of something else, not off the city like everyone else was. Her gaze scanned over him, causing her eyes to narrow do slits and almost glow in the dark. She couldn't figure out what exactly he was. However, he his facial expression was enough to make her look away. It must be a common site in the city to see unknown species. As Iris looked up at the motel sign, the deep need within her to figure out what the man was reminded her of the old saying "Curiosity killed the cat". That was one of the reasons they all stayed in the pride lands, why the other felines remained in the forest or in the mountains. They stuck to what they knew. Iris was already testing her luck by being curious enough to leave her home.

Go big or go home, she took in a deep breath. She was not going to die today, or tomorrow. Besides, the old sayings were so old, they were probably out of content. With that Iris turned away from the motel and walked directly to the man eating the chicken kebabs. The closer she got the more confusing he smelled and the more intimidaring he looked. Only a few paces to reach him she contemplates turning around. But her primal desire to embrace challenge and not be a coward at any cost led her to stand in front of him. "Hello," she was soft-spoken, though her voice was firm. She waited to see how he would reply before she went on.

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:01 pm

Image Mitch looked up at the voice that spoke and saw a young lioness approach. He swallowed his mouthful of food quickly. "Evening. What brings you to this part of town? Don't usually see too many of your kind out here in the city, right?" He asked quietly. It was true. Lions were much like dragons, in that they were very traditional and they typically stuck to their territories.

The male flashed her a smirk underneath his hood. "My name is Mitchel. And you?" He glanced about, still keeping an eye on the world around them. There was a gang of jackals nearby that he didn't like the look of. They kept eyeing him.... or perhaps the lioness..... Either way, he made a note to keep an eye on the girl in case things got a little too hairy. Mitchel flashed the small group a look, his steele blue eyes glowing in the night as a warning for them to keep away.

((Sorry! Dropped off for a little bit, we were busy seeing family these past couple of days in Wisconsin! Just now found some quiet time to work on replies while hanging out at my grandparents. Gonna catch up on all the RPs I'm in.))

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:21 pm

Iris blinked when the man actually replied and didn't give her a funny look. She didn't let her guard down, but she let it it down just a little bit. She was close enough to have been able to identify what he was but for some reason, she just couldn't. So her curiosity settled on trying to get a look inside his hoodie.
Regardless of how great she was at being a member of her species, she knew to never give more information than she would get. "I'm here for food," she held up her empty sticks, "Just like you." It wasn't a lie, because that was one of things she was here for of course.
"No, we don't come out much...if at all," she confirmed and then commented, her words, full of innocent curiosity, "I dont know much about your kind."

She eyed his food for a second, mostly because it smelled good ans also because it smelled like meat. He was like her, just a little, a carnivore. "Mitchel..." She thought om whether to tell him her name then figured there was no harm in that. "I'm Iris...nice to meet you," she didnt think she'd ever said those words. Either everyone already knew who she was from her pride, or no meeting with aomeone who didn't know her was ever nice. She only knew those words for when she or her family members were approached by others.

((No problem! Its really funny because I have family over too for the weekend XD I REALLY appreciate you letting me know though!!!))