Post by Starry Night Smol » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:43 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x

The carriage pulled by thestrals pulled them along, and every now and again Heather would look out the window toward the lake. Ah, the first years should be rowing along with Hagrid right about now... She thought, remembering the honorary passage for all first year students. The rest of them took these carriages, which, to some people, may seem like they were being pulled by invisible horses, but to those who have witnessed death, they were pulled by skeletal winged horses, known as Thestrals. Heather had been able to see them last year, chalking it up to seeing her great grandma pass away. They were a creepy sort, these beasts, but she found she was unafraid of them. Her thoughts wandered back to the wallcrasher. If he was such a prankster, she'd have to see just how good of one he could be. A smirk flashed across her lips. She'd have to figure out where he sat and do some recon... and perhaps some mild prankage to test the waters.

Once inside the castle, they were greeted by all the familiar sights, sounds, and smells. Already, scents of the upcoming feast and what they were going to bring to the table made her mouth water. "Hnnnnnnn...... can we get this on the road alreadyyyyy..." she half whined, rubbing at her stomach.

"Relax, ya great bottomless pit. Y'know, for as much as I've ever seen YOU eat, you're always this tiny little stick!" Damian teased, poking her middle.

Keaton swatted at his hand, squirming, stifling a giggle since she was extremely ticklish. "Och, knock it off, y'know it's cos I got a high metabolism. Gotta keep up all my strength for the trouble I get into! Speaking of, here comes my faaaavorite ghost!"

The cackling of Peeves could be heard long before the ghost himself became visible. In his hands he held water balloons. Or, at least what looked like water balloons, that is, until he unleashed one to splat on a third year's head, revealing colorful globs of paint dribbling down his hair. Others squirmed to get out of the way, while Heather laughed and cupped her hands to her mouth. "Oi! Peeves! Save some for meeee!!!" she hollared.

The ghost cackled and flew low to drop a few into Heather's outstretched arms. She was about to take aim and toss one, when she felt a light tap on her shoulder. "MISS Jonas... starting the year out already by making a ruckus?" came the expectant voice of Professor Halston, the relatively new charms teacher.

Heather looked up at her sheepishly, trying to flash a most winning smile. "Heh... hello, Professor~." she said with a grin. "I was just tryin' to catch some that peeves threw! Y'know, to toss them back at the ghost~!" she said.

This didn't sway the teacher. "If we'd have house points already I'd take some away... still.... A detention with me ought to be good enough punishment. Now, in with you, the lot of you.." she shooed Heather and the other students toward the Great hall as it began to open.

"Aw man..... and I didn't even get to throw one balloon...."
First, coffee......... THEN take over the world.
I don't bite! .... much. (Okay, I don't bite hard.)

xBlackxAcex

Re: {One - xBlackxAcex} Hogwarts RP

Post by xBlackxAcex » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:16 pm

"Pssttt... Montague!" Jarvis yanked Montague back by the collar of his sweater, causing the other students to split into the two paths around them to gather in the Great Hall. He held in a gag while he regained his footing from stumbling. "The sorting is about to start. I have to give my special welcome to the new huffles." Fixing his tie, he flattened his palms against the front of his sweater. Cheap party tricks couldn't hurt anybody; he desired the first-years to feel welcomed and to know what they were getting into in the Hufflepuff house.

"Hol' up." Before Monty could chew his head off, Jarvis stuck his arm under his shirt and slyly offered him two paint-filled balloons. Montague questionably arched his brow as he cautiously plucked the balloons out of his hands. "How did you get these?" Answered with an innocent smile and a pat on his back, Jarvis encircled his arm on his dear friend's shoulders, not revealing his secrets. "You can use these to surprise them. Go big or go home, get it? And the Jonas girl ended up getting them taken away by Professor Halston, so I thought I'd get them for you.." He waggled his finger in his face then up and down his torso before jabbing him in his chest. "For this weird mood you're in."

After the Sorting Hat ceremony, Montague shared laughs with the fellow Hufflepuffs, and he showed off a couple of magic tricks. "Ever since this guy came to Hogwarts, we've struggled to win the House Cup, so you've been warned." A seventh-year joked with a mouth full of corn. He had to defend himself; he was silly but he was accountable for his pranks. "I've always got our points back though." He pouted, pointing his drumstick at the accuser. The seventh year rolled his eyes and waved his hand. "We fall behind though, making it difficult to catch up. It's cause of your hijinks. Don't start today."

"Oops, too late." Montague ducked his head and sipped his water, averting his superior's gaze. He got his hands on more of those balloons, thanks to Jarvis. He placed the traps in every dish possible on as many house tables he could manage, even the High Table. The Headmistress and professors threatened for his expulsion on countless occasions, but he didn't waver. The Gryffindors he thought would particularly enjoy the surprise since they played a bunch of malarkey in their Quidditch matches last year, but everyone loved a little bit of Penrose at the start of the year: a self-claim.

Ten seconds passed, and screams and hollers roared ad paint splattered and dressed the hall and tables in an array of colors. Guffaws bursted from Montague, wiping the paint off of his face. The food was spoiled, and his elders were disappointed in him of course. "PENROSE!" Montague's joy was stripped by Mcgonagall's booming voice. His face was white as a sheet, and he shot the Headmistress a handsome grin. "Hey Professor.." Her wrinkly, stone set face swiped the smile off of his lips. "OUT! THIS INSTANT!"

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:15 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x

The feast was kicking off without a hitch. Heather already was digging into some roast, turkey, soup, potatoes, and vegetables, welcoming the new Ravenclaws and seeing what they were like, when all of a sudden, colorful explosions errupted out of the food. "WHOA!!" she gasped, almost choking on her food. Squeals of surprise, delight, and anger came from all over the hall.

Everything stopped tough, when Headmistress Minerva McGonagall stood stone-faced over the boy from earlier. So... he's behind this! She thought with a laugh, trying to smear some paint off her face. She wasn't sure if he could see her, but he gave a thumbs up in his direction. Accolades to a well-done prank should be given when she sees them!

"Heh. Maybe you and Wallcrasher over there might share detention tomorrow. Both of you gettin' in trouble same time in one day." Damian chuckled.

"Haha. They'd be making a huge mistake if they did. I can only imagine the stuff we'd cook up together in detention! Speaking of, I gotta figure out my plans to pass that hour tomorrow with Professor Halston. Maybe I'll look for some plans to smuggle some nifflers into the castle and let them hoard all the shiny stuff." she snickered.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:00 am

Professor McGonagall and Halston both followed him out of the hall, and he could hear the distaste of a few professors. "Time and time again. That boy causes nothing but trouble. He should be expelled!" Yet there were a couple who stood up for him like Professor Longbottom.

"He's one of my finest students. He's just a bit of a jokester. He didn't mean any harm, and I'm sure he'll take responsibility for his actions. He is a Hufflepuff." Neville Longbottom pointed out proudly with his chin high. The other staff grumbled and ignored the Herbology professor to calm the students. Out of Montague's peripheral, he caught sight of a thumb up, and he wasn't sure who it was since she was covered in paint. He could only chuckle and shake his head. 'At least someone liked it.'

"What do you have to say for yourself, Mr. Penrose? The staff wants me to expel you. Give me a reason on why I shouldn't." Her beady eyes burned holes in his skin like laser beams. Montague tapped the heels of his shoes together, twiddling his thumbs behind his back. He glanced through his eyelashes at the professors, and they didn't budge from his little shy and pure facade. "C'mon! I've done worst. I still think the vinegar flooding the basement reigns superior even if I didn't exactly do it on purpose." He threw his hands in the air and slumped his shoulders. "The storm will take me wherever I need to go, so do your worst Headmistress."

"Miss Jonas had the paint balloons first, given by Peeves. You should punish her as well. Maybe not expulsion, but I do assume she partook in the mischief. I've already gave her detention." Professor Halston intervened, and Montague's neck jolted back. "No, no. Give me any punishment, fine. But my bits and bobs are my own. That prank was just me. I feel offended Professor H." He pressed his fingers on his chest over his heart before he leaned back with his hand draped over his forehead. Professor Halston carried doubts if Montague was placed in the correct house.

"Urgh, I have had enough of you for one night Penrose. Wash up, then I want you to clean the dining hall before breakfast tomorrow. I'll see about the detention." McGonagall dismissed the boy before returning to the Great Hall to tend to the aftermath. Heading to the Common Room, he spun often while sighing. 'I hate cleaning.'

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:36 pm

x
x
x
x
x
x
x

After the debacle, the prefects began herding students to their respective common rooms. Heather and the other ravenclaws were shuffled off to the tallest tower in Hogwarts, where she'd come to love the incredible views, comfortable lounges, and starry-esque view of the ceiling. She was surprisingly awake after all the festivities! Usually, after the starting ceremony feast, Heather would knock out within mere minutes of getting settled in her bed. Tonight, though, she stayed awake, her mind plotting for ways to get into more mischief. Or perhaps, it was for ways to outdo Montague Penrose. "Let's see.... nifflers in the charms room? ... no..... not enough shiny stuff in there for them.... Pyxies in Potions class? That'd be good, but they're such a pain to capture..... re-expanding the Weasley's swamp? No, that's building off something already existing......oh, I could slip a 'monster book of monsters' into the library..... that could be fun..." she smiled sleepily, drifting off with thoughts of mischief and chaos.

It was a couple hours before breakfast when she woke. Heather carefully rolled out of bed, bathed, and dressed in her uniform, sans cloak. She tied her long hair back into a fluffy ponytail, and snuck carefully out of the girls' dorms. Only a handful of students were awake, some chattering excitedly about their schedules, others looking barely functional. Heather waved to a couple of familiar third years and sidled out the entryway and down the steps of the tower.

As she walked, she pulled out her schedule. "Let's see.... after breakfast.... free period today... then History of magic..... ugh. Ooh! Care of magical creatures, herbology, lunch......." she chunnered under her breath as she walked toward the great hall. A familiar presence padded alongside her, and finally the girl looked down at her silvery brown cat. "Oscar... you're not supposed to be down here. You're gonna get me in trouble again. Professor Halston already gave me one detention... gotta serve that this evening after dinner...." she grumbled, kneeling down to pet her cat fondly. "Now, off to the tower you go, before I get another detention. If I'm getting in trouble, i want to have done something worth it, not cuz you're adorable and fluffy and like to follow people." she scooped the cat into a hug before he wriggled free and bounded back up the steps from which she came. She smiled, stood up and fixed her skirt, then continued toward the halls before breakfast. She liked the quiet before everyone got there. With luck, it'd be completely abandoned and she could map out her schedule in her planner, as well as figure out her plans during herbology today. She'd had the idea to perhaps jinx a few of the other students' plants to grow unsteadily fast, depending on just what Professor Longbottom had planned for them today.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:46 pm

Many buckets of sweat and grime later, Montague supported his elbows on the worktop bench, watching the elves prepare the morning's breakfast. "Ugh, I'm completely knackered!" He clinked his silver spoon around his bowl of cereal. Initially, he had no resentment towards cleaning the dining hall until McGonagall restricted the use of cleaning spells. His jaw smacked into the ground, and he had to clean the Muggle way with soap, water, and a tin of elbow grease. The chore was impossible to finish before breakfast and the Headmistress pointed out that he shouldn't have blew up the feast. Montague toughed it out and scrubbed like Cinderella on steroids. Jarvis and Callum gave him a helping hand, but they retired to bed for some shuteye; so they weren't completely dead for their first class. The professor was forgiving, and Minerva McGonagall allowed the Scouring Charm to spiffy the last corner of the hall although Montague could've lived on without the charm since it was only a small piece he had to wash. In the end, the charm was futile as Penrose was drained and zombie-like. The dining hall was spick and span, sparkling even as if the paint never set foot inside. "I'm sore and achy. And I have detention! My one week cool down starts immediately. I am done. This is torture!" The redhead chomped down on another serving of sugar and cornflakes. He left the kitchen after finishing a third bowl of cereal, saying his goodbyes to the elves.

Full of cereal and milk, Montague went back to his dorm to freshen up. He brushed his hair a certain way, so it would cover his bump to be no so obvious and tied his shoes to be on his way to breakfast. He figured he could have a small nap before he was forced to stay awake for classes. He caught word that they were going to work with Screechsnaps, so those suckers could help him keep his head up. "That sounds so nice, then the howler I might be getting. Just swell. Just swell." He'd probably dump too much dragon manure on the seedlings, so they can be his personal ringer. He plopped down at a table and rested his eyes while the hall slowly flooded with students.

Starry Night Smol

Post by Starry Night Smol » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:44 am

x
x
x
x
x
x
x

Sidling into the great hall, she spied a familiar, albeit exhausted redhead slumped over along the Hufflepuff tables. She smirked and walked over, poking him gently on the shoulder. "Didja stay up all night scouring, wallcrasher?" Heather chuckled, grinning somewhat sympathetically. "To be fair, that was a bangup little prank you pulled. I'm just gonna have to do one a teensy bit better~" She said with a wink, taking a seat by him real quick. The hall would be flooding with more students soon, and no doubt she would have to scamper over to her table shortly, but still, she wanted to check in with Montague.

"How's the bump on your head? Better than the aches from cleaning the Hall, I hope!" she added with a chuckle. "I won't keep you long, promise. I just wanted to see how you were doing, and perhaps see what your schedule looks like. Word on the street is some of the courses are shared between houses again; if we share a couple, watch out! No one, not even rival pranksters, are safe from me." Heather smiled.
((augh, short post is short, I'm sorry! Been busy with family stuff! Tomorrow I'll be out and about, but I can check in via phone from time to time.))

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:40 pm

Zoned out, Montague shallowly inhaled and exhaled through his nose, finding security and comfort in the dark he enclosed himself in. The wood surface of the table was comfy as a large pillowy mound of clouds. Montague could barely uncage his arms and lift his head to look at Heather as she sat beside him. Instead, with a stifled groan and a grunt in reply, he turned his cheek to make eye contact. "I look forward to your madness, but I think you're going to have a hard time topping mine." A sleepy grin tugged at the corners of his mouth. Even when he was dazed, he was confident in his superiority in mischief.

"Definitely, but the bump is a close second. And, sure." Montague mustered together a light chuckle, and pushing his hands on the edge of the table, he forced himself to sit up. He reached his hand into his pocket to pull out his folded schedule. Unfolding the parchment, he slid the document to her. Today, he had a free period, History of Magic, Transfiguration, Herbology, and lunch. "Duly noted. I'll be sure to rest up during my free period, so I can withstand your mayhem." Shaking his head, he swung one leg after another over the bench. Straightening his uniform, he came to a stand and gave her a thumbs up. "So give it your best shot." The hall was filling up, and it was growing louder each passing minute. That was Montague's moment to leave and find some place else to catnap peacefully.

((It's alright! I understand; super relatable.))