Zodiac (Reserved for Maxx)

Maxx
Platinum

Re: Zodiac (Reserved for Maxx)

Post by Maxx » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:07 pm

The two kids were playing on the living room - without arguing for once - whilst J started on dinner. He had decided on chicken nuggets and pasta, one of his favorites. Of course, that may sound a bit selfish, but it was the first time in ages he would have dinner with his siblings, and the kids loved it as well. He was making extra, just incase Iris wanted some when she got here.

"J, is it ready yet?"
"No Emma, I just put it on."
"But I'm hungry."
"Well you're gonna have to wait."
"Okay..."

A few minutes later.

"J..."

J smiled to himself and went to the living room.

"You know what, Emma?"
"What?"
"You just summoned... The tickle monster!"

As if on cue, Lee wrapped his arms around Emma whist J tickled her belly. Emma squealed and laughed, causing Lee and J to laugh as well.
She felt like a leaf trapped in a storm, blown one way by his words, and another by his actions.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:44 am

Iris played some music in the car as she pulled out of her part of town. There was a smile on her face because despite being told he had murdered someone, she was fascinated by Emma and Lee. And she didn't know J fully well, but she had a feeling. She didn't know what she was doing or how she was going to keep doing it, or what would come out of it, it just felt good and it felt right.

Her mother always said if it feels right, harms no one and everyone agrees, it was always right. Iris smiled as she drove through Tauruis and eventually through Aries to get to Scorpius. She turned her music down and texted J really quick to let her know she was close. She parked the car at the closest place she could which wasn't far from J's hiuse actually. She was still about 20 minutes early so she made aure she had her backpack and keys as she got out of the car. After yesterday, she knew it was best to act fast.

As she found her way to the house she thiught about J. The last thing he had said to her was his confirmation that he had killed someone. Iris didn't hold it against him because it was highly likely that if he hadn't, then J would not be here today. It was all fair in battle. It would just take her a long time to make peace, if she ever did. He was someone else, though not bad but not entirely good. She knocked on the door and took a deep breath.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:56 am

The tickle monster ceased his attack when Iris knocked on the door. Emma used the opportunity to launch a counter attack.

"Now now, Emma," J said, laughing. "I need to go answer the door."

Emma laughed and sat down on the sofa. J went to open the door.

"Hi Iris. Come in."
She felt like a leaf trapped in a storm, blown one way by his words, and another by his actions.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:39 am

Iris smiled when the door opened. It had been so much easier to be okay with J killing another human being when she wasn't staring right at his face. She waved, pushing past it, "Hey, J," she walked through the door, now remembering quite well she had run out of the house last night. She felt embarrassment settling in the form of a blush as she turned to Emma and Lee.
"Hey, guys! How was school today?" she asked with a big smile.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:53 am

Lee ran over and hugged Iris, smiling. The ten year old really loved hugs. J chuckled a bit and went to check on dinner.

"It was good. This morning, J bought us chocolate to eat at lunchtime, and no one else had chocolate, so they were all really jealous. It was funny, because everyone else always has chocolate at lunch, but the school is trying to make the parents make everyone eat fruit and all that, so no one was given chocolate to bring with them."

Sometimes, even J found it hard to work out what Emma was saying, as Emma had a habit of speaking a bit fast, and with extremely long sentences.

"I nearly left my bag at school."

Lee wasn't hugging Iris anymore; he was now sitting on the floor playing with a toy car.

"It was stupid, because J had given me my bag for my birthday last year, and I love it."

J came back into the living room.

"Emma and Lee, dinners nearly ready. Iris, would you like some? It's pasta and chicken nuggets."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:53 am

Iria grinned wide as she wrapped her arms around Lee, very much enjoying the hug. Any kind of hug was the best kind of hug, but coming from a small chils, it was even better.
"Wow! I'm jealous too, you guys got chocolate?" She walked over to Emma when Lee pulled from his hug, "I mean its good that they want you all tk eat fruits but fruits and chocolate make the best combination so if you get to try it next time, do it. The best one is strawberries and chocolate," Skylar thought about it and nodded, "I'll bring you some next time," she winked at tbe girl, "For the choc ices."

Her attention went to Lee next when he mentioned his backpack and poited a little, "That wouldn't have been good then, but luckily you remembered, right?" She smiled and continued, "When I was younger I used to forget a lot of stuff. But friend told me that every time I get up from somewhere, I should always look around to make sure I didn't drop or forget something."

Iris looked up when J came back into the living room, now noticing that he had taken the bandages off the cuts in his face. She was ready to decline any food but then she heard the chicken nuggets. She was full from her dinner but a couple of nuggets wouldn't hurt at all, "Sure...I'll just take a couple of the chicken nuggets..."

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:13 am

"Okay."

J went back to the kitchen and plated up dinner, putting some chicken nuggets on a smaller plate for Iris.

"Emma, Lee, come get it."

The two kids rushed into the kitchen.

"Hey, no running. Ketchup?"

"Yep!"
"Definitely."

J covered Emma's and Lee's food with tomato ketchup, before they took their plates and went to the living room to eat. J put ketchup on his own dinner, and some on the side of Iris's plate not touching the chicken nuggets, before picking up his and Iris's plates and taking them to the living room. He handed Iris the plate of chicken nuggets.

"Here you go. Wasn't sure if you wanted ketchup, so I put some on there anyway..."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:51 am

Iris watched the dynamic between the siblings silently, knowing she would have loved a little brother or sister, preferably a little sister. But many Libras weren't exactly maternal and nurturing. After having Iris her parents had decided to stop there so they could have time for other things too. So for Iris, it was interesting to watch their interaction because it was definitely different than her house.

Iris followed them to the kitchen, surprised to see ketchup looking to be a main part of the dish. She looked at her own plate, a little relieved to see it was on the side. She took the plate from J as she replied, "Thanks for putting it on the side," she smiled a little. She was full but there was always room for chicken nuggets.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:59 am

J grinned.

"Yeah, sorry for just assuming, it's just everyone seems to have ketchup with chicken nuggets"

J watched Emma and Lee eat for a moment before starting to eat his own. His stomach protested a little - a lot - as it wasn't used to having all three meals in a day.

"So, Iris, how has your day been?"

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:37 am

Iris couldn't help the responding smile that came on her face when J grinned. It was the first time he'd smiled directly at her...usually it was a stare or a look of pain. But she had made progress and it felt good. She ate one of the chicken nuggets after dipping it into the ketchup.

She paused on her second nugget when J asked her day was. It was a really surprising because she couldn't remmebee the last time she told someone about her day. She usually told Donald if therr was something they needrd to do, such as the bake sale or told her parents when there was something to sign or ask their permission on. It just so happened that school wasn't exciting for her.

So Iris's smile widened a bit and she shrugged as she answered, "It was good. The usual...still waiting for the results on an impossible test.." She thought about her exam the day before. Just the thought od that exam sent shivers through her. Iris looked at J knowing she heard about Emma and Lee, "How was yours?" Her eyes scanned the cuts and few bruises visible on him