Final Chance[Light-Witch]

Icy

Re: Final Chance[Light-Witch]

Post by Icy » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:22 pm

Cara squeaked when she felt a pair of arms wrap around her, but she knew who it was without needing to turn. He didn't often surprise her like that, but he was the only who did it outside of cheerleading practice so it was easy. She turned and wrapped her arms around his neck, planting a big kiss on his cheek. "Of course I did sillyyy! First Period was torture without you! Did you see em on the news?" A bright smile crossed her lips as she let him go and got in her seat, not wanting to be yelled at once the bell for class to start rang. Math teachers always seemes to be so mad and grumpy, but she didn't blame them seeing as they did teach the worst subject ever. In her opinion. Yet they were not talking about that, nothing else seemed to matter too much when Nash was nearby. Another reason her friends tried to get in between them, but she was strong minded with her eyes set on only one.

When class started she tried hard to pay attention to the teacher just long enough for him to say the assignment. It was free game after that and she scooted her seat next to Nash's, leaning on his arm as she ran a finger through his hair. She clearly wasn't afraid of public affection and the repercussions in the school setting, then again she rarely ever got in trouble for it for reasons. "Nash, we still have to talk about what we're doing tonight, oh and Prom. We have to match that night." Cara said quietly, releasing him to open her math book. The numbers and letters on the page looked like a jumbled up mess to her, she didn't get any of it and it was giving her a major headache. This was why she preferred to talk about other stuff, like her and Nash or fashion and by talking about their date and Prom they would be doing both! "I chose what we were doing on our last date so you should pick what we do tonight. And not matching is a big no no, that's how we let everyone else know we're together."

Hollie was, as always, sitting in the back of the class and writing in her notebook. The page looked like a scribbled mess, but that was done on purpose so no one could read what she was writing. Her handwriting was actually nice, but that didn't mean she didn't know how to drop the act when she felt the need to. Besides, she knew one of Nash 'friends' was in this class and would probably tell him and she didn't want to run the risk. Again not that he'd care but she just didn't need what she was doing getting out there at all. Not until after when she didn't have to deal with any of them. She paused and glanced at the back his 'friend's' head now, everyone was working on the assignment, and sighed. They weren't really friends, she only ever talked to him when Nash was around and to be honest she wasn't sure if those two were really friends either. What she did know was that they took Karate together and Nash didn't stop talking to him when everything changed. Maybe that was because he wasn't a loser like she was. She frowned and returned to her notebook, doodling on the inner side of the page.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:43 pm

Nash tried his hardest not to cringe when Cara ran her finger through his hair, but in some way, the touch was comforting. Unlike most guys with their girlfriends, he was more willing to keep the act up when she was around rather than when she wasn't. So when Prom came up, Nash couldn't help but wonder what color his girlfriend was going to wear. "I figured we were going to match, but do you have your dress yet? As for tonight, let's go someplace quiet...like my house. I can probably make something for us to eat, and I'll be sure to make it special tonight." His mom didn't like Cara, mainly because she knew he had a crush on Hollie before she came into the picture. Something was definitely going to happen, and it wasn't clear what was going to happen. If only Norberto could reach her before it was too late, if it wasn't already too late.

As soon as notes were done, Norberto had done something that was bold, even for him. He took the seat next to Hollie's, and he tapped her desk just hard enough to get her attention. "You know he's unhappy, right?" He couldn't decipher her handwriting at that moment, but the fact that it was like she was writing something was suspicious. "Hollie, Nash wanted to remain close to you, but she took control and pulled him away. It's made him unhappy ever since." Norbs knew that they didn't get past the acquaintances part of their friendship, but she was at least better to deal with than Cara Winters. Nobody was shutting up about the fact that they were talking, or rather Norberto was talking to the girl with scars and bruises. "Trust me when I say that he'd rather be with you, but he doesn't know how to break things off yet." "Everyone talking about this needs to shut up now! Don't you have better things to gossip about?" The dark skinned boy then put in an earbud before turning up his music loud, refusing to do work while he had the chance while loving the fact that he yelled at the gossipers.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

Icy

Post by Icy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:53 am

Cara smiled, happy that he didn't argue with her about the two of them matching. Not that she assumed he would've but she knew that most guys hated matching. Especially those whom​ chose the super girly and vibrant colours. It was amusing to see couples arguing about it, but she did not want her and Nash to be like that too. Admittedly her dress was pink, but it grew darker going down the skirt so he had some options. Yes she had gotten it already, a girl had to act right away when they saw the perfect one. The same went for boyfriends, jewelry, etcetera. She still had to get shoes however, she hadn't found the perfect ones of those yet. "Of course we will! It's a must, and I do. Oh it's so perfect I can't wait for you to see it!" Hopefully he wouldn't be too upset, but he was pretty laid back so she wasn't concerned. "Uh...your house? Your mom though... well we will talk more about that later. It's not even lunch yet!" Cara knew his mom didn't particularly like her though she wasn't exactly sure why, she preferred avoiding her awkward stares.

Hollie flinched when Norberto sat next to her and started talking, hearing the whispers as if they were voices at full volume. Somehow she knew this would lead back to Nash and go to Cara, who most likely knew who Nash's friends were. Would he get in trouble for this? Although it wasn't as if anyone could hear exactly what he was saying but it was still a...'concern' since it would cause more trouble for her than she needed. Her eyes remained on her notebook, flipping the page to doodle on the next on. "Could you just leave me alone? I really don't need people causing trouble for me." She muttered under her breath, feeling anxious. It wasn't the best situation, she just hoped she didn't have a panic attack. His points didn't really phase her either, she knew Cara was a snake but that still didn't change the fact that Nash let it happen. This was the second time she has heard the news that Cara was going to be single however, but she still didn't believe it...she couldn't afford to at this point. "Besides it really isn't any of your business...I don't care anymore."

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:08 pm

Norberto couldn't help it when Hollie had said that he was causing trouble for her. He had actually attacked one of the kids who bullied her before, and the school just recently brought him back after a suspension that lasted a week. Nash told him to go after the kid, and yet it never got back to him since both of them were careful about it. "You say that you don't care anymore, but Hollie, he fell for you first." The last part was barely even a whisper with how quiet it was, and Norbs knew that she heard him. "You don't just suddenly change because of someone, and old habits die hard for people like him." As soon as class ended, he took off, but he said one last thing to Hollie before taking off. "You never stop loving someone you've known your whole life, especially if they were there before life became hell for the other." With that in mind, it was time to warn Nash that something was wrong with his best friend.

"Mom has to work tonight, and it's a late shift since people love to get hurt on the weekends." Nash's mom was a nurse at the local hospital, which meant that weekends were when people had more time to do stupid things and get hurt in the meantime. He smiled as Cara said that her dress was perfect, and he could guess the color from her reaction: pink. He'd look for a tux, but he wouldn't bother with getting one. His average wasn't high enough to go anyway. "I guess I'll see you at lunch?" Nash said as he hugged her, but then he got a text from Norberto that was worrying. Yet he brushed it off as he made his way to the next class, the feeling that something would go wrong even greater than it was after English class.

From Norberto: You need to talk to Hollie for real very soon. I think... I think she may attempt soon.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:22 pm

Hollie shut off, letting his voice go in one ear and out the other. She didn't care about what he had to say and she was tired of people talking at her. Norberto never treated her poorly and she felt a little bad, but honestly she didn't want to hear about Nash anymore. Somebody could tell her he was suspended or moving away and she wouldn't bat an eye, that's what she had been torn down to. Nash cared at one point okay, but those who truly cared didn't turn their back on you no matter what and that's what pushed her to believe that everything he said was a lie. It was no longer her concern and hadn't been for a year, no one would ever change her mind on that. She was relieved when the bell rang, waiting for Norberto to leave before she got up to leave herself, ignoring the curious stares of those around her.

"Ooh, so we get to be all alone huh? That sounds so nice." Cara smiled, liking when they were alone. It seemed rare for at her house it was her dad watching them and at his it was mom. They haven't done anything past kissing and she was trying to get him to relent a little to do what she wanted. He was very stubborn though so she had to be smart if she wanted a chance. Her lips turned into a pout as she tried to come up with an idea but quickly gave up, she had time. "I'll have to change before we leave. Coach doesn't like us taking uniforms home ever since Melody ruined hers last year, I swear she's part hog sometimes." Melody loved food more than breathing. "Of course...! We have to be seen together at lunch...!!" She exclaimed, just realizing that the bell had rung while she was talking. "You know what to get me if you get to the cafeteria first, and no dawdling Nashy-poo! We have our image to think of if we want to be Prom King and Queen and you know how much I want that." Prom was everything to a girl like Cara snd she wasn't afraid to make someone regret ruining it for her. Cara blew one last kiss to him before she ran out the door, her friends trailing after her.

[Skipping to lunch.]

Cara was lagging a bit behind, she had to help her English teacher put some papers away since she was his student and his aid. As a result she was running a bit late to lunch, a little box of buttons in her arms to hand out to the other students. On them were words telling everyone to vote for her and Nash for Prom Royalty, it was heavy and it wasn't even full since she had been handing them out before school. She had to rethink this, but it was too late to send them back now and she wasn't one to give up that easily. By the time she reached the cafeteria she was in order, a bright smile on her face as she entered and paused at the first tables to hand some out. Even if they didn't want one she made them take it, turning up her 'cute' charm as she moved across the room to the center table where she was expecting Nash to be waiting. She was parched and could do with a nice cold water as well as a seat, maybe a back rub but that would have to wait.

Hollie wasn't in the cafeteria, not having eaten there since her bullying began. As always she hid out in Mrs. Baron's class who thankfully locked the door to keep others from just walking in. There was a time Nash joined her, but Mrs. Baron accepted he was no longer invited. Mrs. Baron was grading test papers as Hollie sat in back and wrote in her notebook, she wasn't hungry. After lunch she just had to get through one more class, science, before she was free. It was a class she had with Nash and Cara, not something she was looking forward to, but after that she didn't have to worry because she didn't have her last class with either them or Norberto. From what she's heard the three had it together though. Thinking of all that confused her, but she shook just it out of her thoughts and moved on.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:22 am

Nash had ran to the bathroom just before the lunch bell rang, but if someone thought he was sick, they were right. His breakfast ended up in the toilet, and he just felt sick all the way around. A perk of the worry he now had for Hollie being increased, and yet how could he stand science with her being in there? Sitting there for a second, he regrouped before flushing the toilet and rinsing out his mouth in the sink. The bell decided to ring at that moment, and Nash quickly walked to the cafeteria. The usual table consisted of a few cheerleaders, Norberto, and a newer kid that had managed to join the cheerleading squad within a week of her arrival: Aurelia.

Aurelia was the resident "sister" of the senior class, and unlike other cheerleaders, she knew what it was like to be on the receiving end of bullying while being able to fight back since she was another red belt in Nash's Taekwondo class. As the smallest girl in terms of size, she was mocked for her as being one of the kids with an eating disorder until she not only ate everything off of her tray, but she also survived holding up a girl nearly double her weight at one of the games. In other words, she was respected, but still had yet to bully another student. Aura happened to be seeing Norberto, and since she knew of Hollie's situation from the guys, she made sure to at least give the girl a hand at times. So when Nash came to the table, both her and Norbs noticed right away that he didn't look too good. She kept her mouth shut, and out of all the cheerleaders on the team, she was the one who hated Cara because of her controlling nature, which helped her to develop a sort of friendship with her boyfriend and his friend.

Nash looked at his two friends that Cara hadn't been able to take away yet, and yet Aurelia couldn't help but slip him a mint as he started eating. "Thanks Aura, I can always count on you for these." The girl with the night and auburn streaks in her hair nodded shortly, managing a smile back as Norberto stiffened. "The Head Cheerleader has arrived." Aura's voice was soft, yet everyone at the table heard her due to how clearly she could talk, and she put an arm around Norbs. They may look like opposites, but the two of them fit together. "Yeah, and you two should just make it official already. I mean, you've been on four dates already, and neither of you has the courage to do that?" Another cheerleader commented, but it was the only reason he friend was allowed to be at their table. The bite that was in his mouth quickly slipped down his throat as Cara finally took a seat, and both of his friends faked a smile as she did so.

It had to be obvious at this point that Nash and Cara hadn't slept together yet, and the reason for that wasn't just the fact that they were usually watched all the time, but it was because of Hollie. Norberto and Aurelia knew why, but they refused to talk about it in front of her. Sensing that he'd get looks if he let her be in pain, he gave her the water that was on his tray before rubbing her shoulders for a bit. "You need to stop overworking yourself Cara. It's not healthy for you." Aura said, and Nash nodded in agreement with her. His girlfriend definitely deserved a break, and he would eventually break up with her. If only I could talk to Hollie again... He pushed the thought away before he continued to eat, making sure to be a good boyfriend whenever he needed to be one.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:32 pm

Cara slipped into the seat next to Nash and set down the box of buttons, taking the bottle from him to take a drink before she did anything else. The small shoulder rub felt nice though it didn't last long enough in her opinion, her pouting face turning towards Aurelia, Nash and Norbeto. A guy she hadn't been overly thrilled to have join the table but over time she, begrudgingly, accepted it for her fellow cheerleaders sake. "You don't win by taking it easy. Prom Royalty is important, it means you made it and I can rest when I'm old and dead." She replied, her gaze moving to Nash as shw studied his face. "Are you sick Nashy-Poo? You look so pale." Ever the concerned girlfriend she lightly place the back of her right hand to his forehead, he didn't feel warm or anything but the fact he was more pale since the last time she saw him. Maybe it was a new bug flying around, hopefully she didn't catch it. Both of them being sick wouldn't do, one of them always had to be nice and healthy. Their image was at stake.

"Maybe he's not eating enough." A voice on the other side of Cara offered, to which Cara rolled her eyes and looked at the slightly pudgy blonde. Melody already had ketchup on her chin from the fries she was scarfing down, almost every other cheerleader there at the table was glancing at her with both disgust and jealousy. Disgust due to the way she was eating like a pig, but jealousy because she could eat whatever she wanted without packing on pounds like an elephant. That probably made no sense but Cara didn't care about correct comparisons or whatever it was called. She got through school with her looks and was expecting the same from life after she graduated, she already had a full scholarship awaiting her.

"Not everyone needs, or wants, to eat as much as you." It was unheard of to have such a cheerleader and she was not going to risk her figure like that. She was skinny and she wanted to stay that way, she wanted kids one day but if they were going to ruin her body then forget that. Wasn't adoption an optiom anyway? Something about orphans needing homes or something, she didn't know.

"Naaash, you can't be getting sick on me. I won't survive if you abandon me." Cara gave him her signature pout, the one she used to mainly get what she wanted. The Head Cheerleader was well aware he couldn't control being sick but she wanted to know he wouldn't abandon her now of all times. They had to keep up on their votes! There were others running and they could not fall behind, that would be unacceptable. Not even she would miss a day of this if she were ill, she didn't even miss any of their cheerleading competitions for a sickness. She could be throwing up all over the place and she would still show up, much to the dismay of the coach but she didn't care. Anything to stay in the spotlight, to be seen by many, that was all she cared about. One didn't get and stay popular by giving up before they even reached the top.

"I'm perfectly fine anyways, nothing a little sleep wouldn't cure." Cara waved her hand in the air, pulling her tray close and eating a carrot stick.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Sat May 06, 2017 3:39 am

Aurelia just rolled her eyes when somebody mentioned how much Melody ate, and truthfully, the girl wished she could steal some of the other girl's weight so she could stop getting asked about her eating habits wherever she went. Yet Nash couldn't reveal to Cara what really caused him to feel sick, but she wasn't sure what to say was the cause. The school's milk was probably expired anyway, and if she truly cared about him, she wouldn't have made him get the chocolate milk and drink it at breakfast. That was probably a valid excuse, and from the looks of things, he was probably thinking back on the milk as well for making his stomach upset now. "Actually, I think it was the milk I picked up during breakfast. It must've been expired, or the fact that I can't wait for tonight." Aura couldn't help but smile before watching her friend chew up the mint before keeping the act up, and yet she wasn't acting around Norberto at all. In fact, she knew he had something planned for tonight, and if anything were to go wrong, they were on Nash's phone tree so they could keep up to date on everything that was going on with him.

Lunch had remained as normal as it could with Nash's acting staying close to perfection, and as soon as the bell rang to dismiss everyone to their next class, Norbs noticed his soon-to-be girlfriend walking towards Baron's classroom. Taking a detour to watch her closely, he knew that she guessed that Hollie wasn't a fan of cheerleaders, but she wasn't like the rest of the team. So while she was trying to make her way to that class, she accidentally bumped into Hollie and sent both of their things flying everywhere. Many laughed before they realized that they were laughing at "Red Riordan" as Aura was known once it was revealed what belt she was, and they didn't even realize that she was helping out the loner to collect her stuff. "I'm sorry, I wasn't mindful of my surrounding...Hollie, right?" Gentle, yet strong. The same tone that Nash would use whenever they were alone or he was trying to defend her.

Once Nash saw Hollie walk into science, he knew that something was wrong, but talking about it wasn't an option since he lost his ability to work in a group of his choice due to his grades being below thirty in the class. That was what he got for having his homeroom teacher be his science teacher, and now was the time that it was clear how much she needed to be swayed. Winchester may have been hard on every other kid, but at the beginning of the year, he found a note on his desk saying that she needed to be taken easy on due to problems at home, and he did until her grades mirrored the kid who wrote that note. For the first time though, they were forced to talk because luck made the three of them have to be together for the lab, and he knew he was expecting the lab to have more than a few words on it as well as turned in at the end of the next class. Nash decided to give his best friend a break from dealing with his girlfriend by having her record the data, but he was going to copy it down anyway as a backup to save her some more trouble. "Hollie, can you pass the...?" His throat tightened a lot as he tried to finish the sentence, but after a deep breath, he managed to do that.

"Hollie, can you pass the...the acid we're supposed to be using for the lab?" The same voice Nash used when apologizing was used to ask the question, and he knew that Cara had to notice that he was showing more than one emotion because of Hollie being in their group while being unable to switch out no matter how much the Head Cheerleader tried to sway Winchester to do so.

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri May 12, 2017 4:24 am

Cara pursed her soft lips when lunch was over, not looking forward to science class at all since she knew who was in it. A particularly odd girl she preferred to avoid altogether, but her boyfriend moreso seeing as he used to be friends with her. Used to like her, oh she knew about that. One of the reasons she wanted to keep them apart because she was certain he still had feelings for...her. It was so tough being popular, they did get almost everything they wanted but sometimes the outcasts won. Yet she didn't want to think about that now, she was in a good mood and there was nothing going to ruin that. If only she knew now just what science had in store for her. "Hm, well never get the milk again if it's that bad. Remind me not to either..."she huffed, gettinf up from her seat and following after Nash with the same box of buttons in her hands. Every person she saw without one pinned to their chest she gave one to, unawar that quite a few just tossed them out when she waa out of sight. She didn't have time to be focusing on everything right now, there were more important matters at hand.

Hollie had just finished up her letter when the bell rang for students to get to class, ripping it out and folding it before sticking it in her left pocket to keep it close and safe. She couldn't have anyone trying to get it and at least if anyone reached towards her hips she could scream harassment if need be. Usually she wouldn't be so cold, but today was a special day. After she was set she ripped out all the pages she had been writing her messily written rough drafts and asked Mrs. Baron if she could shred them in her shredder. The older woman obliged and told her to have a good day, waving as Hollie left the classroom only to have someone run into her and knock her books out of her hands. Some laughed, she could hear it as she quickly bent down to get her things, but for some reason it was oddly quick to stop. Looking up she saw just who it was that had run into her, seeming to shrink away from the fierce cheerleader due to nerves and well fear. She quickly waved as if to say it was fine before she stood up and rushed past her. Aurelia was different she knew, but it still made her nervous to be near any of them. Yet for now she quickly waved it away, made sure her note was still in her pocket, it was, and hurried to science class where things didn't look up much more.

Her grades had been slipping a little as of late she knew, it wasn't normal for her seeing as she was usually in the top percentage, but she couldn't say she cared. Right now she could say that she regretted it however, trying not to show just how miserable she was as she avoided looking at her group. The Head Cheerleader seemed to be staring at her in a way that made her feel as if she wanted to drive a pair of daggers into her, and her ex best friend...well she didn't like being here. She took down the notes that they needed in her clean handwriting, staying out of their way as much as possible. Nash seemed a little nervous as he asked her to hand him the acid, something his girlfriend seemed to notice as she narrowed her sharp brown eyes at him but she didn't say a word as of now.

Hollie tried her best to make it through it, all but staring at the clock as the time ticked by in slow motion. Her nerves tightened but outwardly she made herself appear fine, just ready to be done with this project as she was sure they all were. Really she just wanted the bell to ring, but the clock was being as stubborn as always.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Fri May 12, 2017 8:05 pm

Nash knew he wasn't going to hear the end of this from his girlfriend, and it was obvious that he needed to get away from them as soon as he could. He was nervous, but the more he acted like everything was fine, the more he realized that he wanted to just take off. Cara thought he didn't still have feelings for his best friend, but they just kept getting stronger despite that. He was definitely aware that time was passing slowly, but it was only a matter of time before the storm came. It was his fault that the storm even started to gather, and Nash was going to try to contain the damage since he could've done something to prevent it. Yet he could tell that Hollie was acting like everything was okay when he could see that bruise on her neck, and he wanted to reassure her that it would be okay before it was too late.

Mr. Winchester came around to check everybody's progress, and Nash was mixing the wrong chemicals together as the reaction caused it to bubble up and onto his hand while burning it. The teacher quickly cleaned it up as he rushed over to the sink, rinsing as well as scrubbing the acid from his skin. "Nash, what has gotten into you lately? Every teacher gave you high remarks for your time in school, and this year has you behind in everything. Either get your act together, or flunk the year." Now it was clear that he wasn't doing well, and he couldn't help but look at Hollie instead of Cara as if he was apologizing to her before looking away. The storm had reached them, but there was no damage yet, and he was excused to go to the nurse so she could wrap up his hand. That left him alone, but it also left his best friend and girlfriend alone in that class. By the time he was ready to go back, class was over, and Nash had to use his bag for the rest of the day to carry his stuff.

(Skip to the end of the day.)

Nash was walking to his locker, and it wasn't because he needed his bag. He left his phone in there the whole day, and he hadn't thought to grab it when he had to get his bag. The halls were deserting faster than radiation was released from radioactive material, and everybody was worried that he wouldn't be able to attend Prom now that it was revealed that his average was borderline failing. Cara was running her mouth about something, Norberto was finalizing his plans for tonight with Aurelia, and that left him spacing out as he approached his locker. Another calm, but the storm was still going to hit. Hollie was nowhere in sight, and it was as if she disappeared from school after science. Yet he was smiling as he counted down the minutes to the breakup, and if something were to happen, it would be a sign that the storm would finally hit for real since he had a feeling that it would before he realized the cause of it.