{Maxx} Pirates Never Die

Psycho_Jamie

Re: {Maxx} Pirates Never Die

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm

Eventually the boy named Jeremy knocked on the wooden door before peeking inside. In his hands he held a sack of straw and a couple blankets. "The Captain told me to get you this", he explained, smiling sheepishly. If she let him in, he'd immediately get to work to build a straw matress in one corner and fold a blanket on top. "We are leaving the harbour now, by the way. So you know", he told her and rubbed the back of his head, he was younger and shorter than Esmeralda and probably a bit intimidated by what he heard of her skills by now. Maybe he alsi admired her. "I'll be leaving then."

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Esmerelda opened her eyes and smiled at the boy. "Thank you very much Jeremy." She opened her shoulder bag and pulled out a pencil and a small book filled with sketches of places, things and people. Drawing was one of the things Esmerelda loved, and was quite good at. She opened the book to a new page and began to sketch the ship from memory. "Jeremy, what can you tell me about the captain?" Esmerelda asked.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:59 pm

"The captain?" He tilted his head a bit to get a better look at what she was doing while he thought. "Well... I suppose he's one of the more popular pirates out there, at least amongst those who aren't his enemies", he told her and his firehead creased deeper. "He's really scary if he gets mad, but he has always treated us well. But there's something..." He stopped and shook his head. "Let's say a pirate always has scars all over, I shouldn't tell you." He offerred her another smile and shifted on his feet, happy he could have been of help. But he has indeed been nervous about telling her what else had been on his mind.

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Esmerelda nodded. "Okay. If it's something he wants me to know, I guess he'll tell me himself. There are a few things about myself I don't really like people knowing," she said, working on drawing the sails. "How old are you Jeremy?" Esmerelda asked, seemingly without thinking about it. "Sorry, I've always been rather... well, some may say nosy, I say curious. It's one of those traits that can be either annoying or helpful, depending on the situation..." She laughed a little to herself.
Last edited by Maxx on Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:45 pm

"Oh, yeah... It also can be rather dangerous", he agreed and rubbed his nose sheepishly. "I don't midn though. I'm fourteen now. Should be. Don't really know when I was born." Another smile, seemingly happy someone was interested in him. Shifting on his feet, he stayed on the spot, apparently eager to ask any more questions. "You don't..." He trailed off before he started again. "Excuse me, but you don't seem to be that old either. You must be really good at what you do!"

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:01 pm

"Fourteen... That's a year younger than when I ran away from home," Esmerelda said. She put her sketch book on the floor, pages facing upwards showing the drawing, and smiled at Jeremy. "I'm old enough to supposed to be married by now. Actually, I was supposed to be married four years ago. That's why I ran away. And I guess you could say I am good at what I do. No one ever seems to suspect a lady." Esmerelda yawned, a small lady-like one. "How did you come to be part of the captains crew?"
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:26 am

Jeremy's forehead creased as he coubted on his fingers how old she'd have to be now. Considering a lot of people couldn't read or write or count properly, especially pirates, he did a pretty good job. "So you're nineteen..? I've never met a woman your age who would wear pants", he admitted innocently as he was. "Or who could draw so well! Actually, I never met someone who could draw well. Sailor's don't tend to do it." He let his hands sink to his sides again. "I met the Captain two years ago, he helped me when I got in trouble for stealing food." He said that as if it was completely normal for a child to life on the streets. It probably was for him. "Then he told me to do something proper in my life and invited me to stay with his crew. That's how I became a member of it."

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:01 am

Esmerelda smiled when Jeremy managed to work out her age. She hadn't deliberately been so vague about it, she just didn't tend to tell people as she didn't think it mattered much. She listened as he spoke. "Guess the captain is quite nice then..." she said to herself. Once again, she started thinking about the governors instructions. She never usually questioned what he told her to do, but this time something felt different, and she wasn't sure what. Its probably just the dishonesty of it, she thought to herself. Esmerelda yawned and smiled at Jeremy. "You know, most of the people I'm acquainted with wouldn't have been able to work out my age so quick. You must be quite a bit smarter than they are." She yawned again. "You remind me a lot my favorite younger brother. He's about your age. He used to love it when I drew him pictures or told him stories..."
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:34 pm

"The Captain thought it wise to teach me basic math and writing", Jeremy replied with a proud grin and puffed out his chest, happy to be praised. "He really is! If you're on his good side." When she told him about her family he sunk back and curiousity claimed his expression. He never really had one, yet he noticed people being quite affected by it and mere thoughts about it. "You must have liked him and your other siblings", he said. "It must havr been hard to leave just because of the engagement."

Maxx
Silver

Post by Maxx » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:50 pm

"Most of my siblings were brats," Esmerelda said, her ladylike language slipping slightly. "It was hard to leave them though. But I had to..."
No
I'm not on drugs
I'm just tired