{Maxx} Pirates Never Die

Psycho_Jamie

Re: {Maxx} Pirates Never Die

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:59 am

As Esmeralda approached the two interrupted their small talk and Alexander turned to her with a small bow. "Miss Esmeralda, may I intrdouce to you Jeremy? He's one of my - to be honest younger - men." The boy smiled at her sheepishly and bowed as well. "And, of course, the Night Siren." He gestured to his ship, a small vessel for a warship, with twentytwo canons and dark blue sails. "I hope she's going to make our trip a comfortable one for you."

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:29 am

Esmerelda smiled at Jeremy. ”It’s very nice to meet you Jeremy.” She looked at the Night Siren. ”I believe I once had a dress the exact colour of her sails,” she said. ”In fact, I remember I was wearing it when I got the scar on my arm. Of course, the dress got ruined beyond repair...” Esmerelda turned back to the captain. ”In my opinion, as long as a ship floats, it doesn’t matter how comfortable she is. Though, I can certainly say I have been on worse looking ships. So I’m sure she will be perfect.”
This Is My Signature
This Is My Signature

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:49 pm

Alexander raised a brow at the story she was telling, and folded his hands behind his back. "May I ask for further details about that special occassion?", he asked as he started to lead their way onto the ship. The wooden deck was clean, though scarred by time, tides and fights, it was well kept. It was clear the ship was rather important to the pirate and his crew. After all it was their living. "It occurred to me that your scar looks a lot like the mark of a fight. If so, then you and the pretty lady have more in common than your fine taste in style." His voice gained a sound of humour, but an honest one.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:05 pm

"Of course you may ask. It's one story I enjoy telling," Esmerelda said, following the pirate. "It was a rather unfair fight, I must say. It was me against only three of them." She laughed quietly at her own little joke. "It was two years ago, I believe... Yes, two years. I had to retrieve something for the governor, and was ambushed by three men, all taller, stronger, and older than I was. Attempting to simultaneously fight three men in a swordfight whilst wearing a dress is something I would not suggest. In the end, all three men were dead, and I got away with only a scar and the disappointment of having such a lovely dress ruined."
This Is My Signature
This Is My Signature

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:58 am

A look of surprise crossed his features at what she told him, she had expected that a capable fighter hid in that woman, but maybe not quite that capable. Silently he reminded himself that she might be exaggerating things, there were a bunch of amateur swordsmen out there. "It is a good thing that brute strength never actually helped in a sword fight", he commented. "You have to be very skilled instead. I'd love to try my luck some day, yet rather not with actual blades, forgive me." Again, he seemed to joke. But he really didn't want to stand on the recieving end of a sword held by a skilled fighter. Right now he guessed himself lucky to have her on his side, at least for now. "If any of the others challenge you, I would recommend to ignore them. I like my men in one piece and you'd just waste your time. Is there anything you'd like to know before we set sails?"

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:54 am

Esmerelda laughed to herself when she saw the look of surprise on the captains face. It was the same look everyone she told the story to had. In response to his comment about brute strength not helping in a sword fight, she said, "I know skill beats strength in a swordfight, if it didn't I would be dead several times over by now. However, skill can end up not making much difference when you're a not very strong 17 year old girl and the men you're fighting restrain you so you can't move to defend yourself. Obviously, after that particular experience I trained with some friends who helped me learn what to do if such a situation arose again, but it is something I should have probably learnt earlier than I had..." Esmerelda considered the pirate's question for a moment. She shook her head. "No, I do not think there is anything I would like to know." She pushed a loose bit of hair out of her eyes and smiled at the captain.
This Is My Signature
This Is My Signature

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:03 am

"It does not appear to have been so much of a problem back then either", he replied and folded his arms behind his back. "If I think about how many scars I've seen in my life, coming out of a sword fight without one is near impossible." He returned her smile and looked across the deck as if thinking. "I think I know a room you can stay while on board. It's not much, but better than sleeping with the rest of the crew. Men are unpredictable." He said that as if he wasn't a man and returned his gaze to her. Encouraging her with a nod he started to lead the way down a flight of stairs and along a path that was created between boxes and bags of provision. Somewhere near the back of the ship there were two rooms, one that was used to be filled with weaponry, but was rather empty now. And one that didn't contain anything at all.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:40 am

Esmerelda laughed a little at the captains comment about men being unpredictable. So are women, she thought to herself with a smile. After all, she was pretty sure none of the people she grew up with would have predicted Esmerelda would be doing what she was doing now. She followed the captain down the stairs and along the path. As she walked, Esmerelda was thinking about the governors instructions. She could guess what offer he had given the pirate, and thought it was dishonest to go back on it by instructing her to get rid of him. She shook her head slightly to clear her thoughts and focus on the here and now.
This Is My Signature
This Is My Signature

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:36 pm

"Make yourself at home", he instructed friendly and took an inspecting look around the chamber. "I'll have Jeremy bring you something to sleep on. As said, if there is anything else you need, please let me know." He smiled again and turned to leave her for now to settle a bit. "Also, if anyone... tries anything." There was a meaningful undertone to that. "Pirates aren't known for their high morality standarts. Though I don't doubt you could handle yourself. We'll be leaving soon, if you want to wave the main land goodbye." And this time, he really left, walking back down the dimly lit place towards the stairs leading onto deck.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:45 pm

After the captain left, Esmerelda put her shoulder bag on the floor near the wall and sat next to it. She was happy, all her life she'd loved boats and the sea, even if her father didn't approve. As a young girl, she used to sneak out with the boys that lived near her to go to the shipyard and look at all the boats. Her father found out and put a stop to it, telling her girls do not belong on ships. Her father definitely wouldn't have liked the fact she was on a pirate ship, wearing trousers instead of a dress, with a sword by her side. The thought of this made her smile. Esmerelda yawned - she hadn't gotten much sleep the night before - and closed her eyes, resting her head on the wall behind her.
This Is My Signature
This Is My Signature