{Maxx} Pirates Never Die

Psycho_Jamie

{Maxx} Pirates Never Die

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:54 pm

((Alright, so I was thinking we could start where the Govenor called your character to him, into a dining or meeting room.
Ladie(character)s first?))

Maxx
Platinum

Re: {Maxx} Pirates Never Die

Post by Maxx » Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:46 pm

((Okay. I'm gonna assume your character is in the room with the governor.))

Esmerelda was woken by a knock on the door. One of the governor's messengers entered. "The governor would like you to meet him in the dining room," the messenger said. "When?" Esmerelda asked without opening her eyes. "As soon as you can," the messenger replied, before leaving. Esmerelda sat up and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. She stretched before swinging her legs over the side of the bed and standing up. Wondering what the governor wanted, she looked through her clothes. After a while of indecision, she settled on an elegant but practical dress, light blue to match her eyes. It was floor length - but was loose enough to allow her to run - and short-sleeved, showing the long scar on her arm. She pulled on her boots - the only shoes she ever wore - before sitting down in front of her mirror. She ran a brush through her raven black hair until all the tangles were gone, and then spent a few minutes deciding whether or not to put it up. She decided to leave it down, but put a hair tie on her wrist in case she needed to put it up. Finally, she made her way to the dining room. She knocked and walked in. "Ah, Esmerelda Swan, there you are," the governor said. "Please sit down." Esmerelda does. The governor continued speaking. "Now, Esmerelda, there is someone I would like you to meet." He gestured to the other man in the room to introduce himself.
She felt like a leaf trapped in a storm, blown one way by his words, and another by his actions.

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:34 pm

Alexander was sitting in the chair across from the govenor, legs crossed and a goblet of wine in his hand. As Esmeralda entered and took her seat he raised his drink a bit in her direction, a polite greeting, yet a distant one. His posture was relaxed, as if he wasn't a charged guilty criminal right in the centre of his hunter's lair. "Captain Alexander Greenwood", he introduced himself and eyed her carefully, as if not wanting to miss a single strand of her hair. But it was a calculating look, a certain edge to his otherwise friendly expression. "It's a pleasure to make your aquaintances, Miss Shaw."
The Governor watched the pirate introduce himself and then cleared his throat to redirect any attention back to himself. "Esmeralda, I am certain you remember the story I told you about Cornelius Pratt, who was thought to be lost at sea..."

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:49 pm

"Nice to meet you too, Captain Greenwood," Esmerelda said. "Please, call me Esmerelda." She looked at him, her eyes taking in as much detail as possible, before turning her direction back to the governor. "Cornelius Pratt... Yes, I remember the story, I think. The alchemist with the machine that can turn metal to pure gold. Why?"
She felt like a leaf trapped in a storm, blown one way by his words, and another by his actions.

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:59 pm

The Governor smiled at her and folded his hands. "Simple. I offered our dear Captain something in change for retrieving that machine. We can't have him running off in the process, though... And he coukd use some capable help." He let the words linger while Alexander took a final drink from his glass and put it down with a thud. Uncrossing his legs he leaned forward a bit, an ever so slight smile gracing his lips. "He's sending you on a suicide mission, duck", he put it short for her. "No one ever returned from where we are supposed to go. No one beside the alchemist. I don't have a choice... But I'd advise you to think twice." Again, he eyed her up and down, probably trying to get an idea of what she is capable of doing and why, out of all people the Governor had at his disposal, she'd be chosen. For a moment his gaze lingered on the scar on her lower arm, then it returned to her eyes, wordlessly challenging her to answer.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:21 pm

Esmerelda smiled at the pirate. "Most missions I get sent on can be called suicide missions, Captain. I have become rather used to it." She ignored him looking at her scar; people looking at it was another thing she had become rather used to. Her scar was something she was proud of, rather than self-conscious about. Esmerelda absentmindedly plaited a small bit of hair, thinking about what the governor had said. Coming to a decision, she undid the small plait and quickly plaited all her hair, securing it with the hair tie on her wrist. "I think it sounds like both an interesting challenge and an adventure," she says to the governor. "I'd be delighted to go."

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:50 pm

Yet another spreadd on the Governor's face. "That's what I was hoping for. I'll give you a parchment with further details on your exact mission." His gaze flicked to the pirate for a second, indicating he was not supposed to know about those further details. "Anything else, I am sure Cpatain Greenwood would live to explain to you..." Alexander didn't grant the man another look as he leaned back again. An expression of approval upon his face. "If there is nothing else to be discussed anymore..." He stood up and grabbed the coat that hung over the back of his chair. "Gather your bearings, Miss Esmeralda. I will be waiting at the harbour for you. There are a few things I have to take care of first." He turned around and went to leave the room and the building, not being stopped by the guards. "Oh, and..." He paused in his tracks. "Don't mind any alarm going off, please. Might get a tiny bit hectic." He shot a wink over his shoulder before strolling off.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:11 pm

Esmerelda took the parchment from the governor. "I shall go and change into something more suitable, and then meet the Captain at the harbour." She stood and left the room to go back to her bedroom. She changed out her dress, into a pair of trousers and a blouse. Esmerelda hid her throwing knives where they usually went - so that no matter her position she could always get to one - and puts her sword at her waist. She filled a shoulder bag with essential items - a few changes of clothes, extra knives, bandages, money, and other such things - before putting on her coat. She grabbed her bag and left for the harbour.

Psycho_Jamie

Post by Psycho_Jamie » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:13 am

If she was to open the parchment to read it, it would contain orders for her to wait at the Isla del Condenado for a ship that would pick her up after they retrieved the alchemy machine. Further it told her to get rid of the Captain once having the objective and destroy the document afterr reading and memorising it.
At the harbour, Alexander was standing in front of a battered looking ship with a ragged flag swishing in the wind. He was talking to a younger boy in a familiar manner while a couole other man loaded rations, though it didn't appear to be much.

Maxx
Platinum

Post by Maxx » Fri Jun 08, 2018 6:22 am

Before reaching the harbor, Esmerelda paused to read the parchment. She frowned slightly at the bit about getting rid of the captain. She read the parchment several times before she knew she'd be able remember it without problem. Having done that, Esmerelda ripped up the parchment and tossed the pieces into the sea.
Esmerelda approached the captain, not saying anything due to not wanting to interrupt his conversation.