[RP] Journey Through the Dead Lands

Azra

Re: [RP] Journey Through the Dead Lands

Post by Azra » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:18 pm

Crystal blue eyes stayed locked on to the ink observing and studious, the runes and behavior they had a familiarity to them but it was hard to lock down with a look alone. What she really needed was to see the writing more or hear the language, something that delved further into the tail behind it all. It was like looking at something upside down and in a language not studied up on sense she was little. Hard to decipher for the witch and her hands twitched some dying to investigate more then she perhaps should. "Wow way to make me sound shallow" Lucia mused at the remark of her tagging along out of just curiosity, though she'd be lying if she said that it didn't play a big part in the why.

"I'll take wine" she chose to keep it vague to what line and gave the slightest smile to the bar keeper. It fed into her luck and while the whine mostly was for the nobles it turned out there was a noble who hadn't finished his bottle and it was best not to waste it. Licia on good looks and chance got better then her rogue based status should of allowed. For food she just kept it light some fish and fruit having made sure to get a more full treatment last night instead. "Arcane definitely, I'd need a more thorough look however."

A fight picks up however getting in the way of conversation Licia's eyes seeming to only roll as the wet squish of a blade into a gut entered the room followed soon by the ruckus of everyone who wanted to get up in arms. She poured the contents of the bottle into a glass and then chucked the bottle over her shoulder. She didn't take any time to aim, a slight glow might have been noticed from her hand but it was a brief flash at best. The bottle however hit one of the men at the table behind them between the eyes however. Glass broke and fragmented every which way small cuts delivered to those at the table. "You didn't tell me you were so popular." Licia remarked looking to enjoy at least a few bites of her food before the place turned into an all out brawl.

EricRP

Post by EricRP » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:54 pm

He hadn't meant to suggest Licia was shallow but she only seemed mock-offended so he let it ride. He was invested in what she seemed able to tell him though her look was of frustration and incomprehension, as though the markings were a riddle tantalizingly on the edge of her understanding like when you think you've remembered a detail from a dream but the harder you try to recall the details, the further away it seems to drift. She ordered wine which they brought by the bottle; Irvyn got that- it could be a long road ahead and probably one with few popular taverns en route.

Their conversation they had made every effort to ensure was private was overheard by a drunken table of men and after a bloody and violent knife-fight had broken out at the bar, the inebriates took the opportunity to take their pop at Irvyn. "Did you hear this one, said he's a fuckin' northern dog; Did I 'ear that right? Two of the men approached the booth- Irvyn wanted the leery yob to get in close but he never had the chance- Licia casually tossed the wine bottle and it split his forehead open. Lucky shot indeed.

"Right. Guess we're fighting then?" He sighed; as the second aggressor made to attack Licia, Irvyn tripped him and knelt savagely on his spine- driving the wind from him. The dirk was at the ruffian's throat in a heartbeat and Irvyn hissed in his ear. "Time you scum were on your way, yeah?"

The felled man's eyes were bulging and saliva drooled from his mouth but he managed to nod - Irvyn let him up, the two cronies who hadn't tried to fight were helping Licia's bloodied victim away and Irvyn casually began to cut into his pie. "Looking forward to working together Miss Licia..." He smirked.

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:08 pm

ConfidentialCon wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:33 am
Ulfric smiled softly at Carmine’s remarks, it was strange to see someone so rough looking behaving like a normal person. He had ‘military hard ass’ written all over him but it didn’t seem that he really fit that description very well.

“This teacher of yours, he sounds like a smart man. Perhaps I might meet him one day.” Ulfric was focused on prepping the sword for sharpening but he couldn’t help but smirk as she mentioned his axe again. What was just a simple tool to use while fighting must’ve seemed much more intimidating to someone Carmine’s size.

Ulfric patted the axe “Aye, she’s helped me out of a lot of tough spots,” a smile crept across his face “but not as much as those two.” He motioned to a bench just a few feet from him where two swords laid. The first was what seemed to be a broadsword, slightly larger than average with little to no ornementation on it. The blade had clearly seen some use but it still had a razors edge to it. The other was a sword that from point to pommel was taller than Carmine. It was rough looking, but at the same time sturdy. There weren’t many blades like that around these lands, at least not that Carmine knew of.

Before he spoke again sparks began flying as Ulfric went to work on the blade, he was almost delicate with the grindstone, making sure not to weaken the blade at any point.

————————
EricRP wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:54 pm
Azra wrote:
Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:18 pm
Luck seemed to be on the side of Licia and Irvyn today. The four at the table behind them backed off and found less threatening targets to focus their anger on. But as the chaos broke out around them the two continued eating their food. Men were being thrown across tables, and eventually a window could be heard shattering as the fighting spilled out of the tavern and out onto the street.

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:11 pm

"Eh, I wouldn't hold my breath for it," Carmine said with a bit of a crooked smile. It was a melancholy expression, one that didn't really suit her face. "He was a guard in one of Sargoth's neighboring cities." She didn't need to say any more: they both knew how few had survived when the dead had risen up there.

She shook her head, dismissing the depressing thought. Ulfic was showing off his weapons, and if there was one thing that fascinated Carmine it was weapons. She whistled admiringly at the swords, eyeing the size of the larger one in disbelief. Ulfric was a pretty big guy, but still. The thing was taller than her and probably weighed a bit more. Just getting one hit from the side of it would leave someone half-way sliced to ribbons.

"You actually lift this thing?" she asked, taking a few steps closer and squinting at the handle. Something of that make definitely wasn't a sword you could buy from any old armory; the only time she could remember seeing something like it was when she'd worked along side a foreign mercenary group a couple years back. "How the hell do you ride a horse with this thing on you?"

Azra

Post by Azra » Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:08 pm

"Same, not to mention I'm to curious about you to not watch your back." Licia remarked her eyes drifting back to the markings as she worked on her meal. Again she knew it might be rude of her for so much of her attention to be centered on his past and marks, should be curious about the person more perhaps. It couldn't be helped however for her, she was always good at reading spells and picking up languages. Recreating the spells alluded her but her affinity for such studies made her curious, scars and decent looks mixed into the study material didn't help. In any case for awhile Licia stayed quiet working through her meal slow enough to savor it and quick enough not to slow things down.

On her first castle raid with a siege party she took to long once with breakfast she didn't get to finish her meal and was thrown onto the frontlines. She watched way to many friends die while on an less than full stomach that day to allow the situation to happen another time.

A tilt of the head and a knife whistles past her ear as a patron bruised from a fight lands on the booth between them. "Mind clearing us a path good sir?" Licia remarked patting the bruised man's shoulder confident he wasn't done just yet. He gave the rogue and dirk a grin of confirmation, he was missing a few teeth. Few seconds later three more men went down between the booth and the exit. Honestly Licia was impressed pretty sure Irvyn and Carmine had given better showings than the drunk who helped, a slight boost in confidence in the mission. The drunk takes a stool to the temple from one of the combatants and with a swerve around the attacker Licia gets the door for her companion.

"Shall we go see if the rest are ready? I can't bother you with questions in a bar fight like I can on the road."

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:46 am

"My head..." Joseph rubbed his brow as he began to sit up on the floor. "What happened?" That question dominated josephs thoughts as he looked around himself in the empty room.

"Ok Joseph. Just take a breath and do what you do best, analyze." Vender said to himself to prevent the rising panic he felt building in his chest. Taking a breath, Joseph started to recount his steps leading up to this.......... predicament.

"Lets see, I heard there was a team going to investigate sargoth, I joined to try and get samples to research a cure to this disease. What else?" Joseph, with the help of the wall, started to unsteadily stand. "I think I came here with a group of people........ or did i meet a group of people here?"

"AHHHHH!" Joseph gave a loud scream as a bolt of blistering pain shot through his head. "Drugged! Yep. Definitely drugged!" Joseph stopped walking and stood still until the pain stopped. When it didn't, He instinstiually tried to grab a potion tp help from his jacket, only to realize that he didn't have his jacket on.

"Wait. Where?" Joseph looked confused as he looked down at his gray undershirt, where did his coat go? Joseph looked around until he saw something that made his heart freeze "WHAT?! NO! NO! WHAT HAPPENED?". There on the cruel, cold floor, lay his coat....... along with a handful of broken potions that were scattered everywhere.

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:43 am

Ulfric stood from the grindstone as he finished sharpening the blade. He walked to Carmine and put his hand on her shoulder, his hand carried as much weight as one would expect, he handed the now razor sharp blade to Carmine.

"I trust that you won't cut yourself with this now," Ulfric said with a laugh as he let go of Carmine's shoulder and grabbed his weapons, he fastened the broadsword to his belt before looking at the large sword in front of him, a small smile crept across his mouth at Carmines reaction to the weapon "It's called a Claymore." He looked back at Carmine from over his shoulder, that's when he noticed Irvyn and Licia walking back into the courtyard "Maybe I'll tell you more about it later." and with what seemed like no effort at all he hoisted the giant blade up and placed it on his back, a rather unorthodox sheathe strapped to his back.

Just then was when Vender came stumbling out of the barracks, his coat was wrinkled and it was obvious that some of his vials were missing, but luckily it didn't seem to be anything to important.

As the party converged Ulfric spoke "Our horses are prepared for the journey, we will ride to the border of the Eastern woods and make camp there for the night. If all of you are ready I suggest we get moving."

And with that the group mounted their horses and set off out the gates of the city. Poor beggars and drunk warriors stumbled through the streets as they passed through, the bustle and noise of fighting, laughing, and music could be heard all around them. But as soon as they walked passed through the city gate it seemed to all disappear into silence, only the sounds of hooves and rattling armor for some time.

The sun was low in the sky but it provided enough light for small party to ride, they passed some small villages on the way to their camp site, but all of them seemed to be deserted or boarded up, people in the South were scared of this "plague" that they fled to most of the major Southern cities, it was smart but it made for quite a dull atmosphere. Besides some small talk between the party members of past adventures and battles their was nothing but the sound of wind swooping over the hills and through the trees that popped up all over this area.

It took around two hours to reach the campsite. It sat atop a small hill and was surrounded by a low, crumbling stone wall. A small shed sat on the northern edge of the wall. Ulfric dropped off of his horse and led the horse through by it's reigns, tying it to a post just next to the shed.

"This is our spot, make yourselves comfortable." Ulfric opened up the shed to reveal that it was full of firewood, he grabbed an arm full along with some twigs and other kindling that was in the shed and placed it all into a fire pit that sat directly in the middle of the campsite. With a small flick of his hand fire appeared to engulf his palm, he placed it on the kindling and the fire lit up immediately. He looked in the direction of the forest ahead of them, just around 30 ft away, the sun was to low to see anything at this point. It looked as if the light had been sucked away from the area completely.

With the fire going Ulfric stood and removed his Claymore from his back, walking towards the woods before sitting down on a tree stump that sat right next to the wall.

"I'll take first watch, the rest of you rest, eat something. But don't drop your guard." he paused for a moment as he starred into the forest "There's no telling what might come from those trees."

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:53 am

For the duration of the ride here, vender was doing stock of what remained of his potions, since some unknown person destroyed a portion of them. (He was still wondering who or what did it) Anyway, vender discovered an experimental potion that was still intact, and lucky him, it was a pet project of his that be was dying to field test. So, Joseph's ears perked up almost as soon as he heard the grim man made of muscle and iron claim to want to keep watch first.

springing out of his makeshift chair, (witch was just a particularly comfortable log) he said "wait! I have something that I might help you with that". Joseph eagerly started to search through his many pockets until he found what he was looking for, a yellow colored liquid inside a phial.

"You see! I've been fascinated with animals from a very young age, and although they have many other wonderful abilities, ech location, claws, and etc. one I've always found especially intriguing is night vision! I mean, Who wouldn't be? To see in the dark without the enemy seeing you! Now that's a skill worthy of the gods!"

Joseph's happy tone of voice during his speech faded, instead replaced with a hesitent demeanor as he followed up with, "unfortunately, I have not had an opportunity to technically test this new potion....... But i assure you! My calculations are usually 98.6% accuarte all the time. Besides, a tiny bit of risk surely doesn't hinder the benefits, nightvision!".

It's really a gamble for ulfrich. A untested new potion that could have unintended consequences for the user. But if the potion is fine like vender claims, the benefit is night vision in a forest.

Vender offered the phial and asked "So! What do you say?"

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:01 am

Carmine glanced from Vender's eager face to Ulfric's... somewhat less eager one. She arched an eyebrow and elbowed Licia to get her attention to the scene. If it'd been her, she probably would've said yes: a 98.6 percent chance of working was pretty damn good odds in her book. But after the display back in the castle, she understood why Ulfric wouldn't be that eager to test it out.

"I'd bet ya three silver pieces that it turns him to a ferret," she said quietly, an amused smile on her face as she began to set up her tent with brisk, efficient movements. She'd spent more time on the road than off it: sleeping in a bed felt stranger to her at this point than sleeping on the ground. She glanced at the sky; some clouds, not enough to completely hide the moon but enough to make her too uneasy about the possibility of rain to risk sleeping out without a tent.

Nearby, her horse nickered where he was tied to a tree to graze and rest: Carmine liked to think he was agreeing with her.

Azra

Post by Azra » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:48 pm

A small book was placed into use throughout the trip a last minute buy on the way out of town for Licia to look further into the history of Irvyn's people and place of origin. It would of course take time but the language and markings were ones she didn't know but an obvious way of learning answers to the individual in question. Other than that the bewitched rogue just enjoyed the occasional small talk, specifically enjoying tales told of her own dumb exploits in her mercenary living. Such as when a loosed crossbow bolt impacted an archer who loathed his king. Spun about by surprise and pain his aim moved behind him toward the king as the archer released the shot. It was by no means an easy conquest at least however the leader surprisingly perished in the early hours. Granted the witch had her doubts anyone would believe in the rather fantastic sounding tales of good fortune in the heart of battle.

The towns they passed were largely abandoned or boarded up, of the ones boarded though where people may be Licia insisted she take a brief detour. A small incantation casted on the sides of churches. Almost nobody liked her for it, some even would of likely wanted to burn her if there wasn't a greater threat looming. Despite the obvious negative light though it may cast on her, churches had the likelihood of being where everyone would go if things came to the worst however. If her arcane ability worked upon the church at all however hopefully the worst case scenario would be at least a tad less shit for them. Camp gets set up and the witch was plenty content to let someone else take the first watch. "Might sound awful but I'd rather save my watches for the last" as it plays into when she usually would work her arcane ability. She wasn't given time to even try to pass out however before she was nudged by Carmine.

"I trust you, that said that vile looks like piss." Licia remarked with questionable encouragement. A follow up of setting six silver between her and the much larger and armored woman. "Six on it working." Her own words equally soft spoken as she set up the roll of blankets tossed down for later use. She didn't care much for tents herself. Open space and an exposure to the elements something far more favored by the witch.