[RP] Journey Through the Dead Lands

Azra

Re: [RP] Journey Through the Dead Lands

Post by Azra » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:22 pm

The subject of location and supplies seemed in rather good fashion for the mission. Things sounded confidently suited to at least be as prepared as possible that said she wasn't to confident in the one they had to go meet. Stubborn as some could be the body still only would endure so much. Especially if the forces had passed through the spotted villages throughout, would mean more of the undead like forces. The other woman of the party proceeded to direct a question the leader's way, a good one in Licia's opinion.

Then with all the class of a drunken doctor Vender seemed to lose his cool. A hate for magic, fortune seemed to have Licia not being confronted for her own but still the tirade was less then welcoming. He seemed angered by the idea his theory sounded the most probable. Meanwhile the anger towards what technically was also a trait of the rogue's she had no desire to lend a hand in resolving the tantrum. After breaking down the doctor was soon to direct some interesting comments toward the one eyed companion and herself. Was it all that surprising the witch wasn't to eager to assist someone who just raged against what she was? "You want my help doc let me know, but I can't help those who aren't asking." That was all the response the rogue cared to give before she started to head the same way as Irvyn.

"I should be able to afford whatever meal you want. Though if you don't mind I'd like the story behind those markings in return." The company was more welcome than the delirious who she felt only wasn't burning the witch out of her own luck based influence about her. "I'll see the rest of you later I suppose. I've no speech like the boss over there but I'll take as many chances as need be around you as needed. Even the doc" she made the remark after Ulfric's speech then looked to leave alongside Irvyn. She didn't need to get to much but she had decided on acquiring a good amount of torches and oil for the bodies, a few additional whetstones and more crossbow bolts as what she ought to pick up.

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:06 pm

Vender looked towards Gareth as the door closed behind Irvin and alicia. "Lord Gareth! It is truly a pleasure to be in the presence of a man of great power and great looks"

Vender gave a theatrical bow then started to slowly walk towards the Lord with a certain swagger in his gait. "I think, the gods themselves have blessed us with this alone time. Don't you think, my lord?" Vender gave him a wink. "After all, we have MANY important topics to discuss"

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:51 am

Ulfric walked out into the sunlight of the courtyard, soldiers were hustling all around. Things got hectic when an army of the undead could be knocking at the gates any day now. He looked over at four men who were standing not far from the door talking, they were dressed like normal scouts but with a small emblem on each of their chests, a stag, the emblem of Lord Gareth.

"Meeting's over, get him back to the castle." Ulfric said simply as he passed by them. The four men immediately sprung up and moved to the entrance of the building that Ulfirc and the others had just been meeting in.

----------
Meanwhile inside...
----------

Lord Gareth sighed as Vender stood in front of him and bowed. Was he really putting his faith in this team?

After a moment of silence four guards entered the room and moved past the scientist and to Lord Gareth's side.

"Sadly I do have other things to attend to. I have to keep the entire Southern realm from going into a mad panic about an army of the dead." He stood up from his chair and moved around the table, his men following closely "So we will have to continue this... discussion... some other time." Gareth gave a small half smile to the scientist as he walked past him, pausing at the door "And a word of advice," Gareth looked at the drunken man standing in front of him "do try your best not to anger Ulfric. He can be rather rough around the edges but he cares about his men more than anything else. That means you now." And with that the Lord was gone.

-----------

Ulfric watched as Lord Gareth exited the building, he gave him a nod as he passed, knowing that this could be the last time that he sees him. But no meaningful goodbyes were exchanged between the two. Instead Ulfric moved to grinding wheel sitting in the courtyard that was currently not in use. He may as well sharpen his blades if he has to wait for the rest of the group to be ready.

Ulfric pulled out his axe and started to sharpen it on the wheel, anything less than a razors edge was to dull for Ulfric's liking. He looked to his left and saw Carmine standing in the middle of the courtyard looking lost.

"Carmine, come here" he raised his voice, even a small shift in volume was enough to catch anyone's attention in the vicinity "let me take a look at that sword of yours."

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:37 am

Carmine jumped a little; something about Ulfric's voice just seemed to inspire that kind of reaction. "Sure thing, boss," she called, ambling over to his side. She kept a few steps back from the grindstone, eyeing the sparks and axe carefully; a weapon like that would be a threat even with armor, though he'd probably sacrifice speed due to the weight.

She drew her sword slowly, blade pointed politely down. Generally it was a bad idea to whip out your sword and point it around people you were trying to get along with. "She's a bit worn down, but she cleans up well," Carmine said fondly, offering the hilt to him with a moment's hesitation. She still had her knives and her armor on her, and if she was going to be working with Ulfric she needed to trust the guy at least a little bit. This could be a good first step.

Cr25pltro6

Post by Cr25pltro6 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:17 pm

With nobody left to interact with, Joseph fell on the stone floor and started to retreat into his mind. In a murmur that was almost impossible to hear, he said to no one "note to self. Look at the label before drinking a potion"

With that, he curled up into a ball on the stone floor and fell into a drug-addled sleep. Eventually, he would wake up bewildered and confused as to where he was, but fate would no doubt wake him up in time to rejoin the group later. After all, misery did enjoy company.

EricRP

Post by EricRP » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:35 pm

Once outside with Licia, Irvyn quickly addressed the nonsensical accusations Joseph had made; "About the mad doc back there..." He shook his head. "I really don't want things to get off on an uncomfortable footing between us. I'm genuinely hungry, definitely need to equip some weapons before we head out and honestly feel you might be the most normal amongst my new colleagues! Rogue Witch or not." He smiled, showing he meant no offense. "I haven't even decided if I'm interested in your pants or not!" He laughed, turning left as he saw the Armourer's Tent Ulfric had described.

Inside there were swords, shields, spears and helms. The workmanship was average but the mercenary lifestyle meant one could turn over kit regularly. He could squander purses full of coin on a 'special' bespoke blade but on a campaign it could easily be lost, stolen or worse and Irvyn found regular smith's steel served as good a purpose as anything else. He tested the edge of a short-sword and smiled as she bit into the hard flesh of his thumb- the symbol of darker pigment on the back of his hand seemed to pulse at the sharp throb of pain - what was the deal with these markings? He sighed. Not like he could ask his mother...

He bought the sword and a battle-beaten buckler shield that had seen plenty use down the years already. Irvyn preferred equipment that had been battle-tested. It was cheaper and he trusted it more. He looked around to see if Licia was still browsing, she seemed to be off at a stall that sold various stones and what Irvyn called 'witchy stuff'. He could have punched Joseph right in the mouth for his embarrassing outburst but he had to admit, Licia did look good. Maybe it was all the leather! He pushed those thoughts aside though, campaigning had no place for any of that business and probably explained why at 21 years old he's only bedded two girls in his life. Many were obviously put off by the eyepatch. It creeped women out to imagine what was behind the leather but, in truth, Irvyn didn't really think about those things very often. He prided himself upon being a reliable soldier and keeping a professional reputation meant he could usually hold out for more money before assigning himself to a mission.

A dagger he tucked into his boot, a razor so he could shave and an obscure amethyst amulet that caught his eye and he hung around his neck.

After paying for his provisions he returned to Licia's side. "All done" He smiled. "Now where's good to eat?"

Azra

Post by Azra » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:11 pm

"To be fair they're good pants. They survived the past few raids my mercenary band had gone into which not everything can say the same."She pointed to a stitch in her cloak "spear went right through almost cut my shirt in half during an upward thrust while I was on a ladder." Licia remarked looking to downplay the situation with humor. Though she doubted herself as the normal one of the group. Reaching the armory she set about gathering the supplies she was after. Tools to keep blades sharp was her first priority, a deformed sword or ruined edge could be a factor between life and death. Then came the bolts, she usually had thirty at a time. She set about gathering enough however to run out of them five more times, who knew how many of the undead they would confront.

Then came the torches and oil which seemed to get a few odd looks from the companion. "Believe it or not it's actually not for a ritual or something. Rather for the bodies, a grave would be nice but it won't do. Should we find the dead I suspect the best thing we can do is make sure they don't come back to plague those they loved." It was morbid and joyless work to consider, she really did believe it the ideal course however.

She noticed the ink pulse and her own curiosity seized her attention. A hand reached out wanting to run along the ink with her finger. Hold or not she couldn't help but at least move in closer to try and look at it. "Do you have any books in your home language that might help me decipher this?" looking up at the one eyed figure she soon realized she probably came off as rather weird and into a tale over the man. "sorry, uh that tavern is usually good provided the three hundred pound mace toting jack ass isn't taking all the good food." She squinted at the windows "and wouldn't you know it having me around makes it your lucky day he isn't there yet."

EricRP

Post by EricRP » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:59 pm

Irvyn had smiled that Licia made nothing of the drunken ramblings of Joseph and that she'd taken his remark about her pants with good humour. It cleared the air and made it easy to get along without any awkwardness. She was a good-looking woman but he'd not really thought of her in any way other than as a fellow adventurer with whom it would be mutually beneficial if they both got along with one another. When he'd tested the sword's edge he hadn't actually realised she was at his side again but when she reached out as if to touch him he'd felt a strange disappointment that she hadn't. He dismissed this as an after-effect of the strange marking's pulse but was relieved that she'd seen it too.

"You saw that, right? It... they seem to react to stuff happening to me. They can darken or change shape.., burn or feel cold." He kept his voice low, no more than a whisper. She had to lean in close. "I know you've come with me because you've noticed them but..." A tall bald man seemed to have turned his attention towards them suddenly and he broke off. "Later." He whispered.

Once they were done he let Licia lead him to the aforementioned tavern and, blessedly, the 300lb mace-wielding maniac was nowhere to be seen. Actually, Irvyn wondered if he'd rather have someone like that in the group rather than the unpredictable and hyperactive Joseph Vender but reasoned Vender must have his own talents and to let him have a second chance to make a first impression. He ordered a flagon of mead and allowed Licia to order her own drink- Despite the Doctor's assumptions this wasn't a date and Irvyn maintained the professional etiquette of cameraderie. They took a secluded booth though so they might talk without the worry of prying ears.

"Yeah... I know these marks have piqued your interest but I'm afraid I've no idea what they are." He scratched the back of his head apologetically. "In fact, I have to admit, despite your very sturdy pants, I half hoped with your witch stautus and all, you might have a better idea than I do what any of this means..." He was going to go on but a wench came by to take their food order- he went for the pie before continuing. "I was born up North. Like, Way North." He explained. " Not Sargoth but along the coast from there- a military garrison and the attached village" he went on, "Long story short, I left there whilst still no more than a kid really but as I came South and the weather picked up, they started to appear." He shrugged. "Any of this familiar to you?"

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:23 pm

ConfidentialCon wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:37 am
Ulfric stopped grinding his axe and inspected the edge. The axe was smaller as it was meant for close quarters combat, but he was positive this edge would be enough to kill quite a few enemies before needing more maintenance. He slid the handle of the axe into a loop on his belt.

Now onto the new blade in front of him. He grabbed the blade and waited until Carmine released it before slowly pulling it back to inspect it.

"Well balanced, well made, and well used" Ulfric grinned at the girl, before continuing, still holding the blade in his hand "That's what I was taught to look for in battle. When you have time to, if a man drew his sword at me, and it looked shiny and new like the day he bought it, then I would laugh knowing it'd be an easy fight. But your blade," he looked at the girl "I may have had trouble in a fight with someone like you." He said with a small chuckle.

"I can help make the edge of this blade sing again. If you'd let me, that is." Ulfric was almost at eye level with Carmine even while he was sitting. He wasn't huge, but 6'6" is much taller than average. And in that moment it appeared as if a gentle giant was holding onto the blade, he took care to hold it at the hilt and let the blade rest on his arm, almost as if he was showing respect to the blade itself.

----------------------
EricRP wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:35 pm
Azra wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:11 pm
Licia's luck had helped the pair to not enter the tavern while the giant mace wielding man (Actually named "Vladamir the Crusher" funnily enough) wasn't in, it hadn't exactly provided her with the best luck one could hope for.

At the bar two men were arguing, and while it started with an exchange of drunken shouts, it ended with a knife in one man's gut. A brawl began not long after that, blades were being drawn, blood was being shed. And you had unknowingly sat behind a table of drunk Eastern men.

"Did you hear this one, said he's a fuckin' northern dog!" One of the men shouted towards Irvyn as he slammed his table and stood up. His armor made of leather and chain mail clinked as he walked, a hand resting on the hilt of his blade as he got in Irvyn's face "Did I ere that right?"

ConfidentialCon

Post by ConfidentialCon » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:33 am

Carmine paused, looking up into Ulfric's face and searching his eyes for the glint of impatience that would tell her it that him phrasing it as a question was only a politeness, not an actual option for her to refuse. She didn't find it. She had the weird, stupid feeling that if she said no and that she'd prefer not to have strangers handling her blade, that Ulfric would actually give it back to her.

"Sure, go ahead," she agreed instead, grinning herself in response to his approving tone as she nodded her acceptance. "Thank you, boss. My teacher always that if ya had money to waste on buyin' yourself fancy new swords, you had money to spend on actually getting good with the one you've got."

She watched intently as he handled the sword, eyes bright as he readied the grindstone. She relaxed a bit; Ulfric was obviously familiar enough with swords that he wouldn't damage the blade by accident. "You don't exactly look like a pushover yourself; that axe looks like it could block anything lighter than a mace if you got it between you," she added, nodding to the scratches that traced the metal. "It doesn't matter how sharp someone's sword is if they can't actually stab ya with it."