The 13th Hour: Chapter One

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Re: The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Thu May 10, 2018 3:49 pm

Lydia sat on the bus for what felt like hours trying to repress the grumbling her stomach made. When she couldn't rather then look at others she would lower her lovely black gatsby hat, look at the street outside the window, and hold her stomach while hoping others would save her the embarrassment. She kept telling herself it will be like normal, wait it out and soon it will go quiet, everything is fine, this is something you should be used to by now.

When the doors opened for her stop Lydia quickly wrapped her arms around herself and shivered, thankful she wore the knee length skirt and sweater tonight. After seeing how dark it gets outside at night though Lydia was questioning her choice of colors, a light blue sweater and everything else being black just made the night feel darker. Although darkness was not a bad thing it was not something she enjoyed either, especially unfamiliar darkness. Snapping out of her thoughts and now standing on the ground Lydia looked around to catch her bearings, took her longer then expected and almost made her ready to panic thinking she got off at the wrong stop but eventually she saw a familiar landmark.

Despite the noise Lydia did not notice the punk like girl listening to loud unknown music on the bench and instead took a deep breathe to relax her built up tension. She looked into the distance toward the school and shivered again, the way the school looked at night made it feel like the temperature dropped further. Lydia was very tempted to just turn back now the hairs on the back of her neck and arms were all standing up but she would have to wait for the next bus in that case, and even then it is not like her home was any comfort. Her tiny frame shivered once more and her stomach let out a loud gurgling growl to break her out of her distracted thoughts, she crouched down to the ground and held her stomach while wincing in a bit of pain on that one.

It was not until then that she felt the presence of another causing her to slowly and almost mechanically turn to make eye contact with her eyes wide as saucers before freezing in place like a deer in headlights.

Azra

Post by Azra » Thu May 10, 2018 4:26 pm

Taylor didn't really want to be the first one to speak up. Given how her and princess met originally seemed like anything would be problematic specifically if sarcasm. If she majored in anything she was confident it might just be sarcasm so for a moment she just looked at the little thing from the corner of her eye see what happened. Cold and hungry enough that it led to falling on the ground and from it a laugh did manage to escape Taylor. Seeing someone who seemed to previously act like she stood feet above everyone else metaphorically literally fall over was amusing to her. She did her best to cover her mouth and cut the laughing off then whipped her backpack around for a second. A jacket retrieved and tossed at the princess playfully. "I want that back if we survive tonight."

Kneeling down the punk offered a hand to help up. "The princess needs food, and it just so happens a certain brute knows of a little shop about a block from here. Provided you'll settle for ramen I got you covered. They're expecting me to come by with company anyway." Granted she thought she would be heading there with anyone else. Maybe this was better however, was two roads under the moon she tended to find and maybe it was better to go down the road she didn't know as well. As a final gesture Taylor offered to hand her phone over that was who knew how many songs deep into a playlist of her kind of music. "Can probably get a song or two in if you want."

With that she'd lead the way toward the small restaurant not to talkative admittedly. It was easy to tell though that she also wasn't opposed to conversation. She just thought herself bad at it. On the other hand however Taylor was ready to be as helpful as needed outside of outright carrying someone.

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Thu May 10, 2018 5:20 pm

Lydia was shocked, the girl she saw was the same one from earlier that day...and she was laughing at her. Reminded her of those that she went to school with previously and made her look downward and feel hurt, but then she felt something heavy and warm land on her face that sent her tumbling onto the ground from her crouched position. She didn't even hear the words spoken to her about wanting the jacket back after being hit by it, she was too busy trying to process what just happened. Slowly Lydia sat back up and removed the jacket from her face only to see the punk girl kneeling in front of her and offering a hand and getting ready to speak, "The princess needs food, and it just so happens a certain brute knows of a little shop about a block from here." Lydia was just getting ready to slap her hand aside, return the coat, and yell out how she does not need her pity....but food, "Provided you'll settle for ramen I got you covered. They're expecting me to come by with company anyway."

She had never had ramen before, her parents favored western food so that is what the maids gave her, and the parties were almost always just little bite sized bits meant to tide you over. This caused her to forget about the coat that she was now unconsciously clutching closer due to its warmth, and instead stand up her hands too occupied to take the offered hand. Lydia really wanted to go, but shes never been to a normal restaurant before and the uncertainty made her start to feel a little uncomfortable so she spoke, albeit quietly while trying to avoid eye contact, "I-I'm not hung...wait, that noise was...music?" Her original train of thought derailed harshly as she stared at the phone as the girl started to walk away and her hushed speaking faded even further.

It took her a few moments before her mind caught back up and realized the girl was leaving, "W-wait!" She stumbled a little bit trying to get her legs to work and catch up to the girl and started walking slightly behind her keeping the jacket close while trying to think of an excuse, "It's not like I'm hungry or anything! J-just...I'm not a princess!!" Lydia then tucked her head down closer to the coat and looked away before whispering in a barely audible voice, "Thank you..."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu May 10, 2018 6:43 pm

Sayuri giggled when Eiko ruffled her hair, beamed when Eiko said they could go, but seemed outright awestruck by the mention of a whole box of Pocky. A whole box? An entire box just for her. Not one pieces, not two pieces, but all the pieces... in fact, she seemed more excited about that prospect than actually going back to school that night.

"Yes!" she replied immediately. "Yes! Give me it now! I can keep it secret!"

She reached for the box, going onto her tiptoes, practically climbing up Eiko's shirt to try and reach it.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri May 11, 2018 9:08 pm

What few stragglers had still been in the hallway while she was walking to the paranormal club, were long gone now. Kiwako had the hallway to herself, and well it was sort of a lonesome walk. So, she preoccupied herself with thoughts of what all she would need to do. Walking back home wouldn’t chew up too much of her dead time, nor would changing and sneaking back out tonight. She could set a timer and play a game, she supposed, maybe catch some of the straggles still in class and burn some time there?

She idled next to a noticeboard, her eyes scanning over the few sheets of paper pinned to it.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Azra

Post by Azra » Sat May 12, 2018 4:47 am

Crystal blue eyes rolled "no that noise was your stomach. Like I said you can change it if you want, don't lie and say your not hungry or cold though." She understood being stubborn the very thought of how much she could be at times getting a sly smile on the punk's face. As appealing as being a lone wolf was though she couldn't deny sometimes it was also nice having others. Ideally she wanted to be someone independent but able to also run with a pack. Granted that was just her, who knew the expectations of a princess? Current situation was good for finding out however. "I wasn't given a name so I went with princess" she remarked casual sarcasm ever present in her voice. Despite all the sass Taylor liked throwing around however her pace was slow and easy to catch up to. A readiness to help more always lingering.

"Was that a secret?" She remarked pretty sure what words were heard over the music but while of course the smaller girl was welcome Taylor found her response more fun to give. For awhile she just led the way she was sure there was nothing to tell or inform about s ramen shop after all right? Who lived in Japan or came here without at least some instance of experiencing it? Maybe it was just all the manga and anime but when Taylor and her family decided to move it was the first thing she insisted on getting. "The shop is ran by a mister Iro Kodara, nice guy so long as you bow to him. Might not see his wife but she keeps him in line. Their daughter Asuka is the waitress she's really sweet but probably a bit overworked at this point just a heads up."

Not to much later and Taylor got the door for her classmate. The smell of various ingredients escaping the small diner, the place rather warm and painted as well in warmer colors. Enough so that some enjoying meals glared at the door not pleased by the breeze ruining an otherwise hearty atmosphere. Perhaps a bit more nervous then Taylor wanted to lead on, she fumbled for the off button of her speaker and was even quicker with a bow and "sorry. Anyway pick wherever" she remarked to the girl beside her.

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Sat May 12, 2018 5:44 am

Deep red blush started to spread over Lydia's face at the punk's response, she quickly recovered from her shock though and lifted her head high to speak proudly, "That was not my stomach! .....Also I'm not hungry. Or Cold." She then suddenly realized she was holding the jacket tightly to keep warm. About to harrumph and hand the jacket back Lydia saw the sly smile the punk wore while glancing at her, promptly making the blush return and fill her with the desire to avoid eye contact. Still embarrassed all Lydia could do was mumble, "I'm not a princess...Bishop..."

Lydia was very thankful she did not have to walk quickly to keep up with the longer legs this punk had, she knew she would be breathing way too heavily to even try to put on a strong front if that happened. When the girl asked if "that was a secret" Lydia was at first confused and tempted to question what the girl was talking about, then felt that to do so would make her look like a fool, and finally it dawned on her. There was a pause in her step as her face drained of color making her even more pale white then she was naturally, a brief look of silent horror passed over her face as her mind raced thinking not only was she heard but she was being made fun of again.

They walked in silence awhile longer, too busy pouting to even consider asking anything about ramen, or the shop. Eventually though the punk spoke up and told Lydia about the family that worked there. She wanted to ask what the girl meant by only mentioning those three people, why would a restaurant have just three staff? Shouldn't they have several cooks, waiters, cleaners, and even a little security? She pondered over this for a good while trying to wrap her head around it, but it was just not making sense. Soon the punk had opened a door to a tiny little place that seemed more like a low class family home then a restaurant by any stretch, the smell was nice and she could feel warmth drifting from inside, but all she could do was give the punk a look of confusion, "What....what do you mean pick wherever? Don't we need a reservation? Where is the waitstaff to take us to our assigned seat? The doorman to get the door and take our coats? Is this not a restaurant?..."

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Sat May 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Eiko probably should have waited until they were at least on the way home but.. there was a very excited Sayuri climbing on her. In fact...

Eiko held the pack out of reach as she knelt to scoop her up. Odd as it may be, this just made things easier for her. With Sayuri in the crook of her arm, Eiko tore open the package with her teeth before holding it close for Sayuri to take.

"Ah, ah!. Remember the rule: one at a time." She watched Sayuri and even pulled the pack away teasingly for good measure. Eiko continued to walk and passed by Kiwako without much thought, that is, until it hit her that she was also in the room earlier who also seemed keen on returning. She had stopped in her tracks and peered over the girl who seemed lost in thought. Or maybe she was trying to bore holes in the wall, who knows?

"You asked about the locked doors right? If push comes to shove, I got it covered."
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Azra

Post by Azra » Sun May 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Granted perhaps it was a tad bit cruel to find as much amusement in the blushing stubbornness as Taylor did. It helped identify the princess as an actual human being however as opposed to just status in an economic world or whatever. The Bishop remark got a laugh out of the punk, though she thought she might be more of a knight on a chess board. At least their was a witty rebuttal though, granted that just sounded like the right title was queen if it was a chess thing. She wasn't going to someone queen however that was to weird to her. Although perhaps maybe the classmate was just crazy after hunger fatigue and hugging of the coat and still saying she wasn't hungry or cold maybe she was just in denial.

Almost immediately upon entering the small restaurant came questions that were hard to process. There was one date where a guy took her coat for her. That was like the only time Taylor could recall someone taking her jacket, and that she thought was just the dude trying to pull out all the stops. A restaurant doing that seemed positively foreign to the punk. A question about reservations was easier to grasp. But like this was a noodle shop not some luxury restaurant. Honestly the whole idea of going to such places Taylor found a turn off, they wanted twice the price for a bowl of soup that tasted no different in her mind. "Please help me" Taylor mouthed toward the waitress Asuka.

Taking a pencile from behind her ear Asuka tapped her notebook from her pinstriped skirt as if to consider where best to put the two students. "Follow me ladies" the woman remarked after giving a bow, Taylor returned the gesture and felt like an idiot for it. Was twice now she'd bowed in what was probably less then a minute, seemed so pathetic to her but she wasn't so sure her company would follow the customs. The waitress led the pair to a table by the window a bit quieter and away from the conversations and occasional slurping. Personally Taylor would of liked to be at. Booth right by the small kitchen space to arch the guy work. This was probably better though she tried to tell herself, a menus was provided once the table was reached Asuka remarking with an "I'll give you a few minutes to look over the menus. Waters?" Taylor nodded and hoped to whatever God there might be someone else would do the same. Would be rude to say no she felt, but every bit of royal treatment given meant less for her tonight.

"You pick first, I want you taken care of before I figure out what I'll have." Taylor remarked twirling the chopsticks in her hands as she looked through the options of the menu. It had a cover two pages and a back covering drinks and a few desserts, the selection probably comedically small to what her classmate was used to. A smile accompanied the sarcastic remark about to follow. "Can't go into a ramen shop expecting someone to take your coat and not expect me to nickname you princess. That said a name might help, again Taylor sorry about earlier. Today is uh weird" that seemed a gross understatement.

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Sun May 13, 2018 1:14 pm

Rather then an answer to her questions the punk gave what looked like a panicked look to a girl whom Lydia could only assume was the daughter mentioned earlier. The daughter pondered briefly then asked for the two of them to follow, further confusion filling Lydia's mind as she saw the punk bow again...why would you bow to the waitstaff? On the way to the seat the smell of what seemed like tasty food brought her mind back to the immediate surroundings, promptly causing Lydia to meep while almost curling in on herself in order to keep her distance as much as possible from the sweaty men. It did not take her long to realise she was basically surrounded by them, the booth the two girls were brought to seemed like a safe haven of sorts but it failed to relax her.

After being seated and handed a menu Lydia just sat there for a little bit with her head lowered and looked around the store, her discomfort seemed to grow with each passing moment. She did not acknowledge the question about water instead Lydia sharply turned to the window and held her stomach as it growled loudly again. With a little reluctance and a lot of embarrassment, Lydia slowly lifted the menu to look at what the place served. There did not seem to be a lot of options, but it was more then she was used to. Those few places she had gone to changed their menus every few days, they did not have quite as many options on the menu but ultimately had much more diversity. The problem for Lydia though was that not a single one of these dishes were familiar to her, she had no point of reference to base a choice on.

Still kind of pondering her choice, Lydia heard the punk said something about having her pick first. Then after a moment longer Lydia heard her talking again and she felt a bit indignant, "Is it not natural for the waitstaff to take care of your burdens before sitting down to eat? What does any of that have to do with being a princess? Also, I am not a princess!" She hmph'd briefly and then turned away once again before speaking in a tone that was somewhere between hurt and upset, "I told you my name already, Bishop." Hearing the apology stung quite deeply and made Lydia look back into the menu to hide herself and mumble under her breathe, "You are not the one who needs to apologise..." Lydia's stomach grumbled again just as she had put the menu back down and was about to apologise herself, she couldn't take it anymore and just let her head fall on the table while she pouted. "What......what do you reccomend?"