The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Azra

Re: The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Post by Azra » Fri May 18, 2018 6:49 pm

The waitress came by to collect figuring the two girls had to have some form of plans to lay the money out so soon. For a moment she reached for her pocket fully expecting to have to provide change for the amount. Taylor however was quick to swat at Asuka's hand in rebuttal. "Just consider it a nice tip." Taylor giving the waitress a smile and when the woman left a slight glare was thrown across the table. The punk feeling insulted by the action and words to much to try and push aside. It made her feel pathetic for being so short of funds, stupid for thinking she'd need to pay for a rich kid's meal.

"Maybe we're not. But I said it was my treat." The punk did her best to pick up the chopsticks in a way that would help to replicate the action and gave a brief showing more or less how it worked before simply diving into her own food. She didn't know how well the classmate would fair with chopsticks but figured intelligence and hunger would help things be figured out. And of course though it'd come with a playful eyeroll if Bishop asked for help the punk would try and provide. There was mention of having ones fill of family which had Taylor's curiosity, she had a hard time believing the claim though given what seemed certain to be the money from ones family. Curious or not however Taylor doubted she would get answers if she asked anything however so would simply opt not to for now. "With the amount you gave her you can probably have seconds if you want, just keep in mind we've places to be."

Afterwards the punk had been rather quiet and devoid of her usual sass doing her best to enjoy her food and be polite about it. Ramen was a favorite meal of hers but the slurping sounds that could come with such a meal drove the girl up a wall, her quest to avoid making such gross sounds an art form she tried her very best to perfect. The miso to be honest was rather filling she found and it was a bit of a struggle to finish. She refused to leave much to clean up however not wanting to be a burden on others if it could be helped especially in such little places such as the corner ramen shop they were at. With a blow to cool off the broth she'd quickly drink that away and then stretch ready to go whenever Bishop was. "So do you do track or anything? Care to race there?" The lighting from street lights good enough for the punk to feel confident she could sprint from here to the campus without tripping on herself. If her classmate however wasn't up for a run though then Taylor would settle for walking of course. Good food helped her work up enough confidence to be ready again for whatever this odd hour might lead to.

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 pm

"Maybe we're not." Lydia felt her hope filled heart crack a little, but she pushed the feeling down soon after, Not like it's the first. Not having heard a response about cutlery Lydia quickly looked up to the sound of eatting, "Wait...you eat this with those...sticks?" She felt so weird, Why would you eat what looked like a soup with extra noodles with sticks? Wouldn't a fork be so much easier? Too hungry to continue the train of thought Lydia just grabbed a napkin and spread it over her lap then grabbed those stick things and tried her best to eat without making a mess or a bigger fool of herself then she already felt for doing this.

Took her quite awhile to eat much of the food, but she managed to get her fill not even halfway through the large bowl. She even managed to do so without making a mess or looking too undignified. Lydia then looked up only to see Taylor had not only finished eatting first, but also emptied the bowl. All she could think of in response to such an appetite was, How...? Shock pushed to the side and ignored in a semi-prompt fashion she soon followed the punk outside, only to be greeted by the mention of running for fun. Lydia's gaze snapped onto the punk as she spoke out with clear concern, for herself or the punk was not so clear, "Are you mad? Not just having the thought of running for fun, but running right after a meal?" It was only now that she thought of the destination that she remembered why she was even out so late that night. She looked in the direction of the school with worry on her face but even still tried to steady herself, Thinking about this again...why am I doing this? She shivered suddenly reminded of how cold it was outside and rubbed her arms, the coat was neither in her arms nor on her mind after having stepped out of the shop. I'm not ready for this...

Azra

Post by Azra » Fri May 18, 2018 7:59 pm

Food wasn't finished and her coat had been left maybe they really weren't getting anywhere after all. Taylor thought her constant sarcasm and sense of humor was aparent but perhaps it was just a good way to set bridges on fire in social interactions. A question came and with the complete absence of grace she expected of herself she found herself answering the question first without thinking.

"Damn right I'm mad. I wanted this to be my treat and then you go dropping more then I make in months. I get that you're better then me and all but let me have this." She remarked first time her tone had really had much of a bite to it, probably was only a second or two between remarks but Taylor felt like it was an eternity. Frustrated at herself almost immediately "sorry. Shouldn't get angry" she saw the girl shiver and was about to go for the jacket before it more concretely sank into her mind that someone had forgotten it. It had been her moms jacket, Taylor had one time drawn what she thought to be a cool skull emblem. It was a shit drawing in hindsight she felt but a month later on Taylor's birthday her mom had stitched the skull onto what had been her favorite jacket in high school and given it to the punk. For a second Taylor's fist tightened, how was Bishop to know however the punk tried to remind herself.

"You forgot my jacket be right back Bishop." She remarked trying to be as polite as she could before turning to head into the shop again. Asuka handing the jacket over with a smile, the punk gave a bow and lightly pushed the waitress hand aside when she tried to break the rather large tip. "Here. Please don't forget it next time" Taylor remarked handing the jacket toward the classmate before starting to walk toward the school.

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Fri May 18, 2018 8:48 pm

Lydia was about to start walking when she noticed the punk wasn't moving, she was tempted to ask her if she was coming or not but the punk suddenly exploded. "Damn right I'm mad." That was like a hard slap to the face, she thought they started to sort of get along. Then the comment about money and she was confused, she did not understand how paying for something counted as treating another, nor why paying herself could lead to such an insult. By the time the punk had gotten this far with her rant Lydia had begun to shake under the pressure and her eyes got watery, despite all the effort she tried putting into staying upright and not crying. She could still hold through that much, but then the final nail was hammered hard into the coffin, "I get that you're better then me and all but let me have this." Her legs almost buckled and it felt like her heart had just shattered all over again, she quickly hid herself behind her arms afraid that the punk would swing at her next, but nothing came.

When the punk finally stepped away Lydia just let her legs give way and collapsed onto the ground. Her mind then emptied of all but one thought as she started crying into her hands, "I'm sorry...I'm sorry...I'm sorry..." She didn't mean to hurt or offend what seemed like the first friend she had ever had, but it seemed clear to her that she had now done exactly that. When the punk returned and tried to hold out the coat Lydia quickly ducked behind her arms thinking the girl had reached out to hit her after having retrieved the coat she completely forgot about. Lydia cried out in a muffled voice almost instantly, "Forgive me! I didn't mean too! I'm sorry!" It was no longer the time for trying to maintain the image, she just let herself be seen as the scared little girl she was.

Azra

Post by Azra » Fri May 18, 2018 9:21 pm

There was a lot of emotions swirling about the one that cut deepest though was fear. Moments of flinching as if Taylor might hit the smaller girl. Anger didn't just fade away she found it quickly turning inwards however in disgust at herself. Somehow what had been meant to be a nice thing for a classmate had gone poorly enough to make the punk come off as more likely to start a fight. While she had been in two fights it was never over something like this and she didn't want to be thought of as the kind of girl who would. They'd both kind of cracked however and salvaging this was better "great job Taylor class A bitch" she remarked to herself aloud before offering a hand to help the friend up.

"I'm sorry to. I know I'm to sarcastic for my own good and maybe a bit moody swear though punching you isn't something I'd do. I don't hit friends, I just try and tackle their shitty ex boyfriends and stuff like that." Taylor remarked heading for the school at a pace slow enough to keep a friend hopefully at her side. "My mom and dad split up and dad has a pretty mundane job. I don't have a lot. So it means a lot to have enough to get a friend dinner if I can. Next thing I know she's dropping ten thousand zeni. She also forgot my jacket despite being cold the same jacket my mom gave me on my birthday not to long before she had to move." The punk hoping maybe some explaining might help things smooth out some.

"I've never thought myself all that good at anything really" she remarked enjoying the chilled air briefly stopping st a cross walk as a car went by. Opening up in such a way not exactly the cool rock chick style she was fond of. She thought it good to do however given how much of a mixed bag things had been.

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Fri May 18, 2018 10:40 pm

Hearing the punk call herself a bitch sort of pulled Lydia back enough to pay attention to what was going on. She saw the offered hand but didn't take it, instead she stayed curled where she was and sniffled. Hearing that she was called a friend despite everything that just happened though just made Lydia start crying again but at least some of her tension eased up a bit, the punk then started to walk towards the school slowly and spoke about her family. Not wanting to be left alone right now, and not seeing rejection Lydia stood up on wobbly legs and slowly followed behind the punk at a short distance while listening to her story.

After they had stopped at the crosswalk and she spoke once more Lydia felt like she should respond in kind, but the more she tried to speak the fewer words she could find to say. They walked in silence briefly as Lydia tried her best to find some way to tell her story as well, yet she could not find the courage to speak or how to shorten it to something much more simple. The silence continued for awhile longer before Lydia stepped much closer to the punk's back and grabbed the back hem of her shirt while facing the ground. She did not pull on it, stop walking, or slow down but kept pace and just followed behind her while holding the shirt in silence. This made Lydia feel like one of those bratty children that she used to see clinging to their mothers, but never was able to do herself...made her feel a bit warmer despite the chill of the night. H-how am I supposed to talk to her now?....

Azra

Post by Azra » Fri May 18, 2018 11:11 pm

Eventually a small hand clutched the back of Taylor's shirt getting a smile from the punk. It helped in a way someone actually choosing to keep her close for a change. She was always a bit envious of her friends who had little sisters, that sense of a pack that was to stubborn to fizzle out from almost anything that might happen. Granted her company wasn't exactly a wealth of conversation. Taylor tried to open up and explain to be met with silence and crying cicadas. "At least tell me to shut up if you decide you want to get a word in okay?" Taylor remarked giving a brief look over her shoulder.

"Don't think any of us said anything really about our dreams. Well mine I usually see a place like the school while under a red moon. I keep walking toward the campus but I usually until I moved here would never reach it. Every time I start walking I swear I hear a wolf howling it used to send a shiver down my spine I came to find it more as the direction to go however it was the other sounds to worry about. Easy to think a party in the woods is where I should go, but more I ever wander off the trail the worst the sights are to a point I don't know if there would be any going back. So I follow the wolf" she crossed her arms tightly around herself to try and keep a bit warmer as her current words weren't exactly warm ones to her even if the company was.

"Last night I actually could reach the school, but when I saw the wolf I didn't feel welcome." She finished seeing the school now not all that far ahead. "Sorry am I rambling? Really you can tell me to shut up you know."

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Fri May 18, 2018 11:56 pm

Lydia kept her head down as they walked, leaving the punk to do the guiding for now. Eventually the punk spoke up again and told Lydia it was alright to tell her to shut up should she wish to speak, but as it was there was nothing could think of to say...did get her to smile though. Soon enough the girl was talking about the nightmares, much of what the girl said was unfamiliar. Lydia hated the nightmares, as if there was not already enough to be scared of while awake. She knew of the large moon of unusual color, and saw the school on occasion, but she always just curled up in a corner during those nightmares waiting for them to pass.

Soon enough the school came into sight and the punk finished up her story worried about if she was rambling or not. Lydia smiled again at that comment but soon frowned again before looking up towards the school. She stopped walking and kept her eyes locked on the creepy mass of shadows that made up the place they went too earlier that day, "They said they could make the nightmares end..." There was a long pause before Lydia lifted her head finally and looked towards the punk, "I want them to stop but...." She looked back at the school and shivered, "I...I don't like this."

Azra

Post by Azra » Sat May 19, 2018 12:08 am

The light tug that came from stepping forward when someone else came to a stop was enough to obtain the punk's position. Wasn't as amusing as being told to be shut up it did the job however to get Taylor to stop and listen to what a friend had to say. There was some questioning of the very claim Taylor felt within what Bishop said. Doubting they would be able to stop the nightmare or questioning maybe if there was something to even stop. To be fair it was hard to believe that it was real, the other part of what'd been said seemed to be concern or fear. Something Taylor totally understood, more things were said the easier it was to consider it as a possibility. There wasn't much to like about walking down Elm Street in ones dreams or whatever this might be.

"Don't blame you. First thought was it sounds crazy second thought was bull shit. Now I'm just afraid. Know he said it'd be safe but if the dreams are real that only makes the fear more real. But like how else do we stop it if we just hide? Not to mention I hear there's a princess to help." The punk remarked trying to keep sarcastic and light about the ordeal even if she was just as bothered.

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Sat May 19, 2018 12:42 am

Called princess again it was almost reflex to respond, "I! ..." Lydia forcefully cut herself off and turned away from the punk. Once she was faced away she couldn't help but smile a little, May be a punk but she's nice. Her shoulders relaxed and she felt a strange sensation flicker briefly in her chest, actual confidence. Lydia could feel her cheeks heating up with blush after turning back to face her friend, So this is what a friend is like...

After readjusting the coat and holding it closer to try and hide the embarrassment she felt from the joy of a friend Lydia looked up while keeping her head mostly down, "...Please...um...please call me Lydia." She cringed internally at the thought of what she was about to say but laughed very dryly after saying, "How shall I address my noble knight?" The blush had easily spread to cover her face after the dry laugh, and from what could be seen under the long hair her ears and neck were also bright red. Lydia quickly walked towards the school before a reply could be spoken and tried to change the subject, "W-where are we supposed to go?"