The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Post by Annasiel » Mon May 21, 2018 8:21 am

Now that she was out of the safety of Eiko's arm, Sayuri clutched her violin case close to her chest. It almost covered her entirely, the top resting beneath her nose, the bottom dangling just above her shins. She stared over the crest at the newcomers with the same distrusting eyes. They flickered between the approaching twins, Eiko's face, and Kiwako, and Eiko - well, Eiko wasn't distressed at all. In fact, she seemed happy, reaching her hand out to greet the closer one, her other hand patting Sayuri on the head.

She was a snail. That's what her momma had told her at the playground one day, when she stood a ways apart from the other kids, rigid and staring. Much like she was starting now. Snails, momma had said, like to hide in their shells when they don't feel safe. That's okay, but sometimes the snail has to come out. It can't stay trapped inside all day. Sayuri's fingers drummed silently on the case of her (shell) violin case, and she took a deep, deep breath.

"I am a snail, but that is okay," she said to no one in particular, loud enough to be heard but quiet enough to sound hushed. With a somewhat nervous smile, she glanced at Kiwako, the closer of the two newcomers, and the further. Out of the shell. Out of it. Snails need to move, sometimes.

"Pianississimo," she said, again to no one, taking note of her quiet voice. "Pianissimo. Piano. Mezzo-piano."

With every subsequent word, her voice grew a little louder, until she almost seemed to be speaking in a conversational volume. Almost. Face brave, voice loud, shoulders straight and squared. All marked off on the mental checklist.

"I am Sayuri Fujimoto," she said with all the prideful confidence she could muster, "and you people scare me."
Swollen with a mantra that I've stolen from a thief.

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Wed May 23, 2018 12:23 am

First impressions were looking good! The two taller girls, Eiko and Kiwako were pretty nice, and the little snail Sayuri reminded Hibiki of her sister in a lot of ways--

"You people scare me."

Eh?

"WHAA?! NO WAY!"

Did that girl really just say that? And such a confident tone, too! She couldn't have been proud of it, right? Wha...

Hibi was certainly shocked, her elbow even dropped from Kaoru's shoulder as she stepped back. The shy twin tried to defend her, but when her throat went dry as she opened her mouth. She closed it before she could mess up something else. Tugging on Hibiki's sleeve, she backed away a little and curled up a bit to protect herself, frowning as she did. After a second or two that felt longer than it had any right to, Hibiki finally cleared her throat.

"...Ahaha, I get that a lot. Isn't that right? Anyway, my name's Hibiki Shirogane."

It took a couple of nudges for Kaoru to get the hint, but she didn't like being around other people, so Hibiki cut her some slack.

"Um, I'm Kaoru."

Well, now that everyone's introduced themselves, what do we have in common, huh? Hibiki had seen all three others in class A-22, hadn't she? She'd start with that!

"So, you all were in the class just now, right? Coming over tonight, huh? What d'you think of all that?"
"Lewd the sisters~"
- Annasiel, April 2018

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri May 25, 2018 1:14 am

A snail mumbling music terms, if that just didn’t sum up that girl, Kiwako wasn’t sure what—

“I am Sayuri Fujimoto," the shorter girl seemed to puff up some as she looked between Kiwako and the twins, "and you people scare me."

Well, points for brutal honesty? Had she done something to spook the other girl? Well she seemed sort of skittish anyway? And she did call herself a snail. Well, at least the twins despite their creepy entrance didn’t seem like they were too bad.

“I don’t know if it’s real or not, but it seems weird to have the same dream every night at least, and it seems like a lot of work for a prank.” Kiwako offered up a shrug, “so I’m planning on coming back tonight, sounds like it would all be interesting at least, anyway.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Azra

Post by Azra » Sat May 26, 2018 4:15 pm

Finally after far more awkward then Taylor would have liked they had finally she felt made genuine progress. Reaching the point something the punk felt was worth it to be fair. The cringe inducing remark got a brief laugh out of Taylor, it was a dumb joke but a play on the disliked nickname. It made things so far feel paid off and was a good moral booster she found to the idea of taking part in this weird night. It still sounded crazy and she wasn't to convinced it was real it did sound to accurate though. "Just Taylor is fine, brute works to however" the punk teased as she continued to walk toward the school grounds.

"Figured could just wait at the front gate for the rest?" She wasn't to sure really of what the answer should be or what a good plan entailed. Even if she had tried to plan a head it felt hard to know what to plan for. "I'm just glad I've someone to wait with. Standing outside a school alone near midnight isn't a particular hobby of mine." Though Taylor still felt like her ability for small talk was trash. Confidence she could find a topic to pass time instead of just listening to the cicadas cry wasn't something she had much faith in.

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Sat May 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Lydia flinched at the laugh the pu-...Taylor...made at her terrible joke and buried her face into the coat. She really wished there was a rock she could hide under right now, especially given that it was far too cold to be this hot. Thankfully and also regretfully, Lydia had time to cool off again as they finished the final stretch of the walk towards the front gate. She looked up at the school from this close proximity, shivered, and took a shaky step back before glancing toward Taylor and stopping. What is with everything about this needing to be so creepy.

Lydia was snapped out of her thoughts by Taylor speaking again and mentioning that maybe they could just wait by the front gate, "T-that....that sounds good." She was about to stand on the other side of the gate but being reminded of the unpleasant area they were in and that she had a friend nearby stopped her from doing so. Looking away to hide her blush and bold look in her eyes, Lydia stepped next to Taylor and hesitatingly leaned against her, "I...I'm not scared or anything, just thought you might be cold." Her voice got much quieter and she mumbled, "Y-yeah you must be cold." She could feel her face and ears glowing a very bright shade of red and so buried her face into the coat.

Lydia was not sure if there was just a long silence over the next few minutes or if her hearbeat and thoughts were just too loud, but she didn't hear anything in response which only made the mind and heart race harder. Eventually though the late hour caught up with her and she yawned deeply, unconsciously leaning heavier into Taylor and nodding slightly.

Azra

Post by Azra » Mon May 28, 2018 9:19 pm

Taylor rolled her eyes at the remarks made by her friend. A effort to save face while making such a movement was admittedly adorable. The punk herself did her best to wiggle into a more comfortable position to get more warmth out of it. When she was walking and being active the cold didn't really get to her waiting against a wall however wasn't exactly going to help keep the cold away however. "thanks I actually am, someone didn't remember theres." Taylor remarked trying to play it up as if it was her who'd forgotten.

The punk in her and music junkie was eager to go for her speaker and phone. She liked the idea of rocking out at the dead of night and figured it might help other classmates know where to go if the trail to campus was to poorly lit. There was a light nudge against her chest however and the soft sound of a yawn. Resulting in Taylor dropping the speaker back into her pocket. "We should probably sit if you plan to nap, turns out sleeping while standing up is kind of hard." Taylor offered not minding if it would mean she'd be reduced to just a pillow for a bit.

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:41 pm

Well, that's one way to introduce herself. It was possibly one of her best, to be honest, but Eiko wouldn't ruin that moment for her. To say the others were shocked was an understatement, it'd best if she cleared up the misunderstanding, however, Hibiki did well to take it in stride. The twins managed to introduce themselves with little to no incident and the topic of returning to school at night had returned once again.

“I don’t know if it’s real or not, but it seems weird to have the same dream every night at least, and it seems like a lot of work for a prank. So I’m planning on coming back tonight, sounds like it would all be interesting at least, anyway.”

"Yeah, I'm not sure how it could be manufactured let alone a prank, and a tasteless one at that. But I think there's much more to this than what was led on. If we've been going through this all of our lives, I don't see why we shouldn't try to learn more. We might even find a reason as to why." Eiko held her chin contemplatively as she pressed her two cents on the matter.

"And on that note, we should probably rest up at home first before this turns into some kind of overnight gig. Meet at the front gate?"

With the folks in bed and Eiko on high alert and ready to go dressed in her casual wear with her trusty Sayuri emergency backpack. She roused a sleeping Sayuri and made sure to keep her voice quiet. They'll play the whisper game and if anyone is loud enough to wake up either of their parents, they lose. It was typically a game they'd play before bed until Sayuri fell asleep but never really worked because they would giggle endlessly into the night, and on occasion, the giggling would turn to laughter and they would lose the game.

"Wakey wakey sleepy-head," she whispered. "Let's play the extreme whisper game~"
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:37 am

The rest of the day was lost in an excited haze for the small girl, all her thoughts focused on the meeting tonight. She wolfed down her dinner quickly, to the admonishment of her mother - "slow down, sweetie, you could choke!" - but if she could, she would have skipped eating altogether. When she finally lay down for bed that night, she didn't think she was ever going to fall asleep. A kiss from her father, the flip of the light, and a closing door, then all she was left with the dark and her pounding heart.

Excitement dulled as her eyes slowly, slowly drifted shut.

Black. Nothing but black. Not a lack of dreams, but a lack of being in dreams, nothing but a void missing all but a low, thick hum. This was not the special dream. She knew right away, it had none of the realism, only that drifting vagueness that lingered some into the waking hours. She was sitting in the dark, her knees to her chest, violin at her side, waiting for... something. As she waited, she hummed along with the wordless tune behind the dark. Waiting. Waiting. Then, there, over the crest of a distant hill, a growing green light. It slowly peaked above the horizon, its rays growing brighter and brighter still, until -

"Wakey wakey, sleepy-head."

She woke to the gentle feeling of hands rocking her. Groggily, she rubbed at her eyes, and a mewling yawn slipped out of her mouth. What was she doing here? Where was - oh. She didn't know what was supposed to be here. In fact, what she had forgotten wasn't supposed to be here it all, whatever it was, because this was her bedroom, and everything was right where it should be.

"Extreme whisper game," she repeated, a little louder than she meant to. She covered her mouth. "Oops."

She got dressed in silence, even remembering to grab a jacket in case it got too chilly. Everything was in order for tonight (oh, she couldn't wait! She couldn't wait one bit!), and at last she stood, alert and visibly excited, by Eiko's side in the silent house.

"What now?" she whispered.

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:58 am

In Sayuri's excitement, the younger girl had buttoned up her jacket incorrectly to which Eiko fixed without missing a beat. Eiko hummed a soft chuckle, as she straightened Sayuri's outfit. The whispered query came as Eiko zipped her fitted jacket and answered quietly whilst donning her precision gloves.

"First, we go to my room," It was the furthest room away, to begin with, and any noise they end up making wouldn't be heard all that well. She tiptoed the way over and took care not to step on any creaky floorboards all while keeping her hand on Sayuri's. Once inside, Eiko moved what little possessions she had on her desk and pulled the wooden chair out a tad and opened the windows.

"Next is where the Prince rescues the Princess from the dungeon. Alley-oop~" Eiko placed Sayuri on her desk and opened the sliding window. She was the first to cross the open space and took care where she placed her footing on the shingled roof. "And out you go."
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:55 am

Sayuri moved like a ghost alongside Eiko, her footfalls precise as she walked across the boards. She watched, somewhat confused, as Eiko cleared off her desk, then her eyes widened when her best friend (big sister) opened the window. Did she really mean to - oh, this was almost as exciting as the meeting itself! Not only were they sneaking out at night, they were doing it out the window, just like those people who wore the black masks and went into houses without permission!

Stifled giggles snuck out from between Sayuri's fingers as Eiko lifted her onto the desk, but she refrained from full-out laughing. if she laughed, momma and poppa would probably hear them, and then they wouldn't let them go out to the thirteen hours thingy. That wouldn't be good one bit. Still, she was grinning broadly when Eiko pulled her through the window -

Oh.

She didn't have it.

She didn't have it.

In all her excitement she'd moved too fast and now she was going someplace outside to a meeting thing with other people and she'd completely forgotten how could she forget she never forget but here she was forgetting and

Her body stiffened in Eiko's hand, feet locking tight against the windowsill. A small quiver formed in her bottom lip. Not quite a cry, not even an almost-cry, but certainly a sign of tears to come if she didn't get her way.

"Violin."