The 13th Hour: Chapter One

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Re: The 13th Hour: Chapter One

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:42 pm

While Lydia was busy beating herself up over what she said she noticed that the pacing girl had suddenly relaxed. She was just about to smile and celebrate at having helped regardless when the girl spoke, those words...they hurt so much. Lydia felt herself on the verge of tears but tried her best to hide it.

The door was suddenly opened by a boy she didn't even notice approach and the other girl walked right in. Lydia followed right after her speaking coldly, "You! You inscolent little...!" She suddenly found herself speechless at the sight of the girl from this morning and she froze like a deer in the headlights. "Y-y-you...oh no." Lydia went to leave but bumped into the boy that was at the door and a flustered look over came her face, she felt trapped and her mind just blanked as she stood frozen once more.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:56 pm

Heading for the door and the duo, Hayate failed to observe the actions of one of the girls. She bumped into him, and knocked him off balance.
Reaching out for anything to grab onto, Hayate quickly leaned against the lockers on the doors side along the hall and avoided dropping to the floor.
The other girl, though...
She fell.

Hayate blushed from embarrassment. His calm facade shattered, and he needed to reclaim it before anything happens.
That is, after he helped the poor girl.
"Oh God! Are you okay?" He asked, reaching out to the girl, and if she willed it, pulling her up.
"Sorry. Name's Hayate."
After the girl got up whichever way she did, Hayate tried to get back on track
There was still the note that was needed to be dealt with.
As he reached the door, the other girl had something she wanted to ask, and as Hayate opened the door, he replied.
"No, not really. I've been here for quite some time. But I'm guessing you are?"
He was too nervous about the note to sit down, and so Hayate decided to lean against the wall perpendicular to the door, by the white board.
“It’s not the size of your brain that matters, it’s whether or not you can set things on fire with it” ~ A wise philosopher

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:00 pm

"Pay the friend a visit?" Sayuri mimicked, the sarcasm going completely over her head. Maybe this was a friend of Eikos. That would certainly make more sense, and would explain why they sought her out as well. It was still a very odd thing to send someone, but at least it was less odd not coming from a complete stranger. Maybe it was a surprise! Sayuri'd heard about surprise parties before, and this seemed very much like something you'd send to get people to go to one.

Was it Eiko's birthday?

Was it hers?

No, wait, hers was in April, so that thought was moot. It must be Eikos!

"I'm coming!" she replied, scurrying behind Eiko as they walked down the hall. A-14, A-16, A-18, A-20... A-22. There was a group of kids already piling into the room - that wasn't how surprise birthday parties were supposed to start. Everyone was supposed to be hiding!

Maybe this wasn't a party?

Feeling uneasy, Sayuri clung to Eiko's sleeve, hiding behind her and staring out at the strangers.

"Not your birthday," she whispered.
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:17 pm

“How about you?"

“I moved here from Hinoiri, it’s a bit closer to the capital. I’ve moved around quite a bit.” He answered, before adding. “My parents are very busy, they thought new surroundings might do me some good...” he said, looking down the hall at Room A-22.

It seemed that quite a crowd had formed in front of Okawa’s room. A few students had opened the door and already went inside. Students of his? Or more people with notes? Yoshiki approached the crowd and raised a hand in a light wave at the students.

“Hi, this might sound weird. But does anyone else have a blue note telling them to come here?” He asked, looking over the motley group of teens.
~~ You are but a grain of sand, in the sands of time. ~~

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Much like her last school, it was almost impressive how quickly students emptied the halls. Once she had worked her way back through the press of people heading into the shoe locker room, there weren’t too many still loitering about in the halls, and those that did seemed to be like her. A student with some sort of destination already set. Well, they also likely knew what exactly it was they were going towards, most clubs in this school probably didn’t recruit via cryptic sticky note.

There was no hurry to her pace as she idly checked room numbers and bulletin boards, she seemed to be heading in the right direction and she didn’t feel like she needed to be in any particular hurry. She’d arrive when she’d arrive, and running in the halls was probably against some rule anyway.

Still her languid pace eventually brought her to the classroom in question, which seemed to already be quite lively.

“Hi, this might sound weird. But does anyone else have a blue note telling them to come here?” One of the boys asked.

Well if it was some strange prank at least she wasn’t the only fool.

“Yeah, I got one.” Kiwako said, fishing the folded note out of her pocket and holding it up between her index and middle finger.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:31 pm

Only moments away were more people. One of which, tall, lean and green-haired
"Right here." Called Hayate, holding his own up, folding twice.
He looked at the two newcomers, seeing their own notes.
Comparing the situation of the other two girls, he asked. "Are you from around here? It seems like out of us three I'm the only one." He pointed to him and the girls.
Did all the notes say the same? Did they all have these nightmares?
They'd need to get to the bottom of this.
“It’s not the size of your brain that matters, it’s whether or not you can set things on fire with it” ~ A wise philosopher

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:39 pm

As their designated room came to view, Eiko heard the disappointment in Sayuri's whisper of it not being her birthday. Not exactly knowing how she had come to that conclusion, Eiko smiled and apologized to her. Her birthday had already passed just recently.

"Nope! Sorry Sayuri, it's not my birthday... but it could be if you wanted it to~" At this, Eiko had begun to wiggle her eyebrows suggestively and effectively made a silly face to make Sayuri feel better. "We can go celebrate however you want right after this!" Except her path was obstructed by a small blonde child... in high school uniform. Another shortie.

Eiko had crouched into a squat and waved her hand in front of the girl's face and tried to get her attention with a couple of snaps. Strange, she seemed to have checked out mentally. It'd be rude to just leave her on the floor and let others walk over her so...

Eiko grasped the girl under her arms and hoisted her up off the ground with ease. Upon entering the room, the girl turned her head to look back at Eiko with the most horrified look on her face. Bad move Eiko... at least she's mentally back now. And that means putting her down. Not knowing if she was capable of standing on her own yet, Eiko elected to set her down on the nearest desk available and slowly backed off with her hands up.

"Sorry about that. Didn't want to just step over you, y'know?"

“Hi, this might sound weird. But does anyone else have a blue note telling them to come here?” A bespectacled boy had made his way over with a small wave. Wait. Were they supposed to bring the notes with them or something?

"Uhh, yeah. Were we supposed to show we had them? I kinda tossed them away somewhere."
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Sayuri giggled behind her hand at Eiko's joke, but still seemed nervous. This was, after all, a room full of strange people, strange people that were somehow connected to that very un-birthdayish note. She followed Eiko into the room, not paying much mind to her picking a small girl off the floor and setting her on a desk inside.

It was to be expected. Just something Eikos did.

Her head swivelled to and fro eyes darting between each of the new faces. A bespectacled boy was talking about the notes. So this was the right place. Two more girls were standing by the door, and with them -

Sayuri looked away quickly, a light pink rising to her cheeks. So, other people got the notes too.

"They're gone," she added to Eiko's response. "Gone away."
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Svisttt

Post by Svisttt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Miyako nervously looked at the group of people huddled inside the classroom. Most of them did indeed have notes- except for maybe 2 girls who apparently threw theirs away. She fidgeted with her own little slip of paper, tearing at the edges of it.

I wish I wasn't here.

She didn't think she would be needed for... whatever was happening here. There were plenty of other kids here, after all. Miyako stole a glance at the one person she... sort of knew. She hoped this didn't take too long. She had a cat waiting back at home that was probably in dire need of a cuddle.
"hold me,
whatever lies beyond this morning
is a little later on."

Azra

Post by Azra » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:05 pm

The reaction of sarcasm didn't seem to help elevate tension in any way. Insolent little something had started to be thrown her way and Taylor was about to try and salvage the situation on some level. Try and band aid the cluster fuck that was the first day symptoms at times. Things started to pile on however. The small chick who didn't seem to like her looked ready to retreat. A collision spawning from the attempt. Hayate it would seem was not new here, so it wasn't quite that why they'd gotten the notes then.

More came and poking around the corner Taylor waved sticking the blue note to the palm of her hand. A quick confirmation before she stuck it back onto the desk she sat upon. Was hard to keep track of all the voices and conversations a good number of faces coming into view. Taylor mostly caught the one who felt the most outcasted amongst outcasts. Something in her body language felt familiar to Taylor, given that she herself had found herself freezing at the door like a total dumb ass. So hopping off the desk she moved to introduce herself a sisterly hug attempted.

"Relax if someone was going to kidnap us or something it probably wouldn't have been calling us all into a room. Note is creepy but I'm sure it's not that bad." She stated trying to ease things over for those around. "I'm Taylor by the way."