A Good Time to be Bad [RP]

Pronoia

Re: A Good Time to be Bad [RP]

Post by Pronoia » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:50 pm

After hearing the concerns of her fellow free lancers voiced Athena stood up from her chair and let out a loud but single cough "Ahem, if I may be so bold I would like to propose suggestions for the former of our benefactors two part plan" Athena confidently stepped forward and walked to be beside Afterthought before turning around and facing Tyria as well as the others face first. "Despite my rather young appearance I have served many years as an expert combat analysis with a very high success rate" Athena crossed her arms nonchalantly and continued "for the first part of the mission I recommend the following equipment" Athena closed her eyes as she reviewed the information mentally before speaking once more "Six napalm explosives,twelve pipe bombs, twelve cans of tear gas, an ambulance, a police cruiser, one cell phone jammer and multiple sets of police uniforms and paramedic uniforms" Athena opened her eyes and gestured her hand towards those infront of her.

"We will attack early morning preferably around two A.M and split into three groups, assault, perimeter guard and transport" Athena gave a pause for a few seconds to let her audience process the information before continuing "the responsibility of assault is to use stealth to eliminate the cameras present in the area before eliminating security and placing napalm explosives in their positions, perimeter guard will activate a cell phone jammer that will delay the potential speed of which authorities will arrive in case the stealth aspect fails" Athena raised her eye brows "transporters will remain on stand by in their vehicles pretending to be paramedics or officers, team assault is to release tear gas and change uniforms before getting picked up by team transports vehicles. Perimeter guard will be the last to leave as their objective is to attract the aggro of armed responders and utilize pipe bombs to prevent firefighters from putting out the fires with local fire hydrants"

"Oh look another one of those people who can bench press a planet"

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:16 pm

Marcus found a seat, and leaned back, tilting the chair on its back legs, but balancing it against the wall. Seemingly not paying attention to the conversation, he began unwrapping the roll of quarters, and sliding them between his fingers like a stage magician. After a moment of this, with a lightning-quick movement, he threw one, and it impacted in the rafters right where Vadim was sitting. If the Russian glanced down at Marcus, he would find the Marskman grinning up at him, with another few coins held between his fingers.

"Blow up the do-gooders' glorified trophy case and a shitload of vibranium? Sure. Sounds fun. No sweat."
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:15 am

Afterthought looked at her phone again while the others commented and one of her new recruits stood up to give a potential plan of attack. It looked a great deal like she wasn't paying attention but that couldn't have been farther from the truth. She made a show of turning the phone off and put it in her back pocket.

She wasn't ignoring that either. Once everyone had spoke she began again.

"Someone pointed out I've failed to introduce myself. I'm Afterthought." She said simply with a bit of a smile. "I also think my friend here She put her hand on Athena's back for a moment. "Fairly covers the getting out bit. I do however want to make a few amendments to an otherwise good presentation. First, I don't want this to be in the morning, I want it to be in the middle of the day. The idea here is as much to strike at their resources as it is to make a name for ourselves, something you simply don't do at two in the morning. I also want those security cameras to stay on. We're not doing this so people don't know who we are. The time for that is over."

She smiled a little. "Also, yes, it seems we only have enough people for one of the jobs, so we'll hit the museum. The Vibranium mines can always be hit later, it takes much longer to turn that into something useful than the plethora of hero gear hiding out in DC. I think at this point it's also only polite that I ask the person texting me to come out into the open and join the party."

Afterthought left center stage for a moment to check on chemicals cooking in the little lab and removed a little test tube from the mix. She walked back over to where she had been standing a moment later as she slid it into one of the holders placed strategically along her belt. "So, the question is, do you all want to stand around all night planning, or do we want to get this thing in gear soon?"

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:11 am

Vadim heard the woman’s plan, he had to admit that he liked it. Hitting in the morning, cameras on, strike fear.

Chaos.

That’s why he was here after all. Not to be some super villain or well known outlaw. He wants blood, that’s the only thing that he did all of this for, to hurt people.

With that Vadim slung the rifle over his shoulder and leapt from the cat walk. He landed on his feet with a thud, and looked around at the group of people that had now grown by a few more members before his making his way to a seat.
Last edited by FakeSkrillex on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:57 pm

Tyria sat back and stroked the kitten, which seemed to approve. Mostly she just listened. Miss Valuable Assets seemed to have a decent outline for a plan - Tyria wasn't a tactician, but it sounded reasonable. It also sounded like it probably called for a lot more equipment than they had readily available, but that wasn't Tyria's problem.

Afterthought had a few addendums, including a self-introduction. Tyria still hadn't introduced herself, deliberately, and she wasn't the only one to have made that choice. Of course, with as many disposable identities as she had amassed, it wouldn't be too hard to burn one of them, but at the same time there was no sense doing that for no good reason. She seemed to be about ready to rush in right away, no sense of foreplay.

"I want to know how we're getting paid, and how much," Tyria interjected. She couldn't be the only one thinking it, after all. "I'm not willing to take a chance on some maybe-hero-gear that might not even suit me. Money I trust." A lot more than you people, for sure. She shrugged a shoulder, disturbing the kitten, which mewled a protest. "And when we go in, dibs on Green Team," she added, with a glance at the would-be tactician, "She's got a nice..." Tyria offered a lazy half smile, stroking the kitty, "...plan."

Pronoia

Post by Pronoia » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:22 pm

A weight of disappointment befell Athena and her disposition soured a great deal as the men in the room seemingly blocked her out as she suggested her plan, the teal haired girls eyes then visibly for a very short moment twitched in irritation when Afterthought not only placed a hand on her in what felt like a patronizing gesture but also altered what Athena felt like essential parts of her plan. Despite the inner emotional boiling pot of anger provoked from the previous actions Athena continued to keep her mostly neutral facial expression and only shifted to one of semi protest when Tyria smiled at her Did she just ridicule me under the cover of sarcasm? Athena squinted her eyes at Tyria while squeezing the hands of her own crossed arms tightly for about a second prior to scrunching her face as if she received a headache of sorts, softly Athena sighed

"Okay..." she replied in reference to everyone in a passive aggressive tone and commenced walking back towards her previous seat, she sat down on it then covered her mouth with the white scarf that hung around her neck. As she sat she began mentally consuling herself from her personal insecurity.

"Oh look another one of those people who can bench press a planet"

LunaHawk

Post by LunaHawk » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:58 pm

Afterthought smiled a bit but it faded when Athena clearly read her meaning in a direction she had not intended. Afterthought bit back a sigh, she'd never been good at interpersonal relations. Well...at least not ones involving words. She made a note to herself and shifted focus briefly to a question of payment.

"You're getting paid with the last of my college fund, cold hard cash, clean serial numbers. We're not there to take the gear, we're there to destroy it, ruined hero gear would make for poor payment. Also, Athena I want you to take point, this is your operational plan, with a few minor adjustments, I think you're best suited for leading it. I want one of our resident snipers to cover the building as well. I'll keep first responders busy, I'll also acquire the materials you outlined in...one form or another. I'll leave it to you to form the entry team."

There, hopefully that made her meaning apparent and less shaded by her lack of communication skills. She went to her table and dug out a series of communication devices and passed one out to each person in the room. "Athena has command during the operation, listen to what she says and let's make this first run a successful one."

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:27 pm

Tyria watched the green-haired girl sigh and sit down. Hm. Played that one wrong. Maybe she's not into that. Even so... Even so, it shouldn't have prompted sitting down in a chair and just... withdrawing. That was weird.

She gave Afterthought a cool stare for a moment, considering, then nodded. Tyria didn't really think that paying for assassination was the best way to spend a college fund, but then again, that wasn't her place to judge. As long as the money came from somewhere, that was good enough for her. The rest of it was someone else's problem. Afterthought seemed to have the same assessment of Green's tactical skills, though Tyria was surprised that she was willing to cede command. Most of these let's go kill everything sorts tended to like their own hands on the tiller.

That was also not Tyria's problem. She could have left it at that and sat the rest out, but there were problems that were at least... tangentially related. She flickered out of her chair, appearing again instantly in the one next to Athena. The kitten was apparently still really happy about the teleport, purring in her arms. Tyria deposited it, gently, into Athena's lap. "Sorry about that," she said quietly. "I'm not always appropriate. I get that. I promise I'll lay off if you're not interested. All right?"

Kaija21

Post by Kaija21 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:42 pm

Amidst their conversation, a thunderous boom would fill the warehouse as something crashed into the roof. Over the next few seconds, footprints from above would track the position of their newest guest as she made her way to the door. The would lead their ears to the front entrance and a pink creature would descent; her landing more of a heavy "plop" than any sort of graceful maneuver.

She turned and walked into the warehouse without the slightest hint of shame for neither her tardiness nor her skimpy apparel.

"Sorry I'm late, but I ended up having to make my way over here by foot," she explained, glancing at everyone there for a moment, "I take it that I managed to find the right place..."
~Sincerely Kaija

Orph
Sandbox Councillor

Post by Orph » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:10 pm

"Command? Operation? We... soldiers, now? 'Cuz I get the impression you're either ex-military, or the kind of person who thinks they could have been a soldier, and really, really couldn't have." Marcus chuckled at his joke. "Either way, I guess you'll want me covering the building, no? Since the other sniper is our 'commander' now."

As he spoke, Marcus flipped one of his quarters into the air, and flicked another at it, bisecting the tiny metal disk mid-flip. It landed in his hand, with one half heads-up and the other side showing tails. Just as e caught it, a newcomer arrived, and he glanced at her for a moment. "Yeah, you're in the right place."
A myth where ultimate evil turns its gaze on humanity and humanity gazes right back and says "Gotcha."