To Be a Hero

Annasiel
Administrator

To Be a Hero

Post by Annasiel » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:45 pm

Suzuki rocked back and forth on her feet as she entered the room, head swiveling around the room to try and take in everything at once. When was class going to start? Where was the teacher? How many of her fellow students were going to be her friends? She already knew the sleepy boy - she'd still never caught a name - that she walked to school with, but how many others...

A familiar face leaped out from the group, and another, and another! Three from the admissions test!

"Yuri! Miki! Nina!" she called, waving frantically from the doorway, her other hand holding the frame as she leaned into the classroom. And was that...

"Chuya! You're here too? And... Akemi?" Suzuki hopped up and down, a broad smile on her face. She didn't even seem to question that the girl who told her she was powerless had somehow gotten into the hero program. "Let's all sit together!"
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Re: To Be a Hero

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:48 pm

Shun was not far behind Suzuki as she entered the classroom, he didn't even bother acknowledging they were in the same class or seeing who was already there for potential familiar faces. Instead Shun found the nearest empty seat to the door, sat down, and laid his head to rest upon the desk. Not too long after he hung his bag on the side like little more then an after thought before closing his eyes.

Not too long after Suzuki had finished all of her excited greetings Shun sat up a little to reach into his bag and pull out a different set of headphones and a recording device which was then set on his desk. He took off the headphones he was wearing and put them in his bag before putting on the new pair and clicking the recorder on. A tired look of satisfaction lazily made it's way across his face before his head hit the desk and he was fast asleep.

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Thu Apr 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Yuri had entered the class following after a large group of students. To her surprise, someone had not only noticed her but called out her name as well. She hesitated for a moment and searched for the one that had called out to her. Yuri noted the energetic girl waving her arm like a madman. The girl was Suzuki if she recalled correctly. They had met briefly during the entrance exams where they momentarily teamed up against a 3 point machine. Well, more like Suzuki blowing in, but that's beside the point. She should at least return the greeting.

Yuri waved politely and spoke a soft "Hello". Normally Yuri would opt for the seats in the back just to stay out of the way but no one has offered to sit together. Even though the invitation was extended to several other students, she adjusted her sunglasses and surveyed the available seats that would allow for them to sit nearby. Instead she awkwardly stared at the classroom from the front and took the time to look at her would-be classmates. Some were recognizable, others not so much. Heck one of 'em reminded her of her friend from her grade school days. She should find a seat for herself soon but the dilemma was where? Preferably by a wall...
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Lev

Post by Lev » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:07 pm

Akemi had arrived early to pick her seat, taking time to prepare and get comfortable. The teacher's board needed to be close, and the exit needed to be within quick reach. These necessities usually put her in the front row. Securing a seat before other students arrived would also give Akemi the chance to slowly acclimate to their presence. While she dreaded anything that cut into her precious few hours of sleep, it was safer to start in the shallows than jump into the deep end of pubescent cluster cuss. Thankfully, the sun pouring through the window was strong enough to reach her desk. It was good company before her classmates started to show up.

Akemi didn't acknowledge any new faces for more than a moment, even if she did recognize them from grade school. Each new body was another level of focus that she needed to-

"Akemi? Let's all sit together!"

A stinging lump lodged itself in Akemi's throat like a hot stone. She instinctively turned to face the sound of her name, meeting Suzuki's voice with a guilty expression. The bubbly girl didn't seem to notice. She didn't seem upset about anything, in fact, only preoccupied with rallying the other friends she'd spotted. Akemi waved to Suzuki politely.

Killian

Post by Killian » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:51 am

.Image.
Akiyama Miki | Classroom | Getting ready for class

While setting down her bag, and taking out a notebook for first period, Miki continued her morning call with her boyfriend.

"Oh yeah, before I forget," Yuki's rather calm tone probably meant that he wasn't in a really crowded train. He wasn't really fond of overly noisy places. "I can't call you tonight. Going out with my family."

Miki replied that she didn't mind, while putting down her usual black pen. "Say hi to your parents for me, yeah?"

She glanced towards the doorway at the sound of someone else coming in. This time, her eyes lingered a bit more before her eyes lighted up with recognition at the girl with twin-tails. "Oh, I'll talk to you later," she said, as she got up. Waving with her free hand. "Have fun at class, Yuki,"

"Ok. Be careful." her boyfriend ended the call with his usual words. Miki had walked up to Suzuki at this time, and she snapped her phone shut.

"You got into this class as well, Hana-chan!" Miki beamed at her new classmate. She gave a quick glance around the classroom, seeing which seats were vacant, and wondering the other names that Tachibana had called earlier. She saw a girl with short-curly hair waving before continuing on. [1] "Where did you want to sit? Anywhere is good for me."

Code and art by Killian
Notes
[1] When glancing around Miki had missed Yuri's wave earlier and only saw Akemi's.

Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

Agamemnon92

Post by Agamemnon92 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:49 pm

Rocko threw the door open. He shoulder bumped some kid who made the mistake of being in Rocko's way.

"When's lunch?" Was his first angry thought. Breakfast had been six whole eggs and some bacon roughly thirty minutes before.

He was already bored by the time he sat down in the back, the nearest student was three rows away. He was his own island in this sea of nerds, so hopefully he could get some sleep. Some girl was shrieking to her friends. Some other kids were awkwardly checking their cell phones in the hope no one would talk to them. He gave everyone he could see a quick once over and barked out a blunt chuckle. Yep. Not much competition. But he remembered the wind girl was okay during the Admissions Test. Then there was the girl with short brown hair. Akema? Ikemi? Kemi? What did she do again?

He groaned in boredom. When were they going to get to the training? The fighting?

"If I don't punch something soon...I might punch something."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:19 pm

Chuya, you’re here too? …” a familiar voice chirped as Chuya slid through a gaggle of students clotted around the doorway. With a grin Chuya lifted a hand in greeting to the bouncing girl as she picked her way through the desks to reach her. “I didn't know you were trying out for the hero course, good job getting in! Though with lungs like yours I'm sure it was a breeze.” Chuya added, with a chuckle at her own lame pun.

Drawing near Suzuki made it quite clear she was already talking with another classmate, but as she had been invited over Chuya decided it seemed she wasn't exactly being rude. “Hello to you as well, I’m Chuya Iseya,” said to a girl with short brown hair with a halo floating over her head.

With a snap of her fingers, Chuya looked back to Suzuki, a hand vanishing into a pocket and appearing moments later appearing with a billfold. “Right, you never called so I still need to give this back.” Chuya flipped the billfold open and extracted a bus pass which had seen better days which she held out for Suzuki to take. “Here you go, thanks for letting me use it, you really saved me.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:44 pm

This... was... incredible.
She was actually in U.A!
Locating her classroom was no hassle, as the corridors were neat and straight.
Inside the present peers mingled with one another, clear groups and pacts forged only 3 minutes before the bell.

But before she could reach the door, Nina was welcomed by-
"Tachi-chan?!" She exclaimed, surprised by the chances of both of them being in the same class.
"You have got to be kidding me, you got in?! That's awesome!" Her face was stunned and proud, smiling before rubbing her nose once realizing that was too ecstatic.
Looking around the room, Nina noticed some others. She remembered.... some of them. Most of them, hopefully.
A few approached Tachibana as well, but Nina... had no clue who they were.

Nina was astounded by the classroom itself and its potential, and yet sensed the boredom that emanated from the very walls themselves.
She used this distraction to avoid her overcomplicating her following interaction.
"Are these your friends?" She asked Tachi, standing by the seat she had selected beside her.
"Pleasure to meet you, I'm Nina." She informed them, holding her hand forward at Chuya and Miki who were closest, although at the time she knew nothing of their names.
“It’s not the size of your brain that matters, it’s whether or not you can set things on fire with it” ~ A wise philosopher

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:34 am

Before Suzuki could reply to either Miki, Chuya, or Nina, another familiar face burst into the room, insistent on lunch and demanding to... punch something? Well, to punch something or else he would punch something. But if he wasn't punching something and wanted to punch something, didn't that mean he'd punch something anyways? He'd only be not punching something or punching something, and if the first made him want to punch something then he'd always be punching something!!!

Her head hurt.

The boy was another face from the entrance exams, with a kinda gross (but totally cool) power. His name was something odd. Rock... Rocko!

"Hi, Rocko!" Suzuki chirped, skirting away from him on the off chance that the something he wanted to punch turned into someone. That wouldn't be a very fun first day of school! Crisis averted (in Suzuki's mind, at least) she turned to Chuya and smiled even wider.

"You can keep it!" She pushed the outstretched pass back towards the other girl. "I don't need it as much as you do! I can fly. Mostly. Well, not really flying, more like falling up, and I don't really use it to travel, but-"

She left the explanation at that, swiveling back to Miki and Nina.

"Yesthesearemyfriendsandweneedtoallsittogethersoc'mon!" She grabbed Miki and Nina by their wrists and began to pull them over towards Akemi and Yuri. She nodded quickly at Chuya and Rocko, trying to get them to follow. Shun was, unfortunately, an apparent lost cause.
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Agamemnon92

Post by Agamemnon92 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:26 am

Rocko grunted with the force of a thunder storm. Someone had dared disturb him from his scowling. His eyes darted around, trying to focus in on who just said his name. It was probably the girl running away from him. And as well she should.

"Wind girl..." He growled through gritted teeth.

Who else looked like they could fight? Or at least could last more than thirty seconds with him. There was the guy sleeping at his desk. What did he do again? He looked familiar from the Admissions Test...or did he? Rocko was almost jealous that someone seemed to care less than he did about this class. He glanced again to Akami. Or was it Kermie? Where did he know her from?

"Do I have my emergency sandwich?" He barked at no one.

No, of course not. He ate that yesterday. He knew this, but he half hoped that out of sheer force of will, a new sandwich would materialize into his bag. A gift from the Universe, paid as tribute to his strength. Would he really have to wait three whole hours before eating again?

His eyes found the Wind Girl again. She was yanking other students by their arms, and calling for two others. Kremi included. Then she met eyes with Rocko and jerked her head back, motioning for him to follow her. Was she collecting people?

Should he join them? Wind Girl was the only strong-ish one around, that he knew of.

At the risk of his three minute old reputation in this classroom, Rocko decided to stand up. If this Wind Girl was strong, he would need to prove he was better. He felt his forearms tingling.

"Keep your skirt on, ya nerd, I'm coming."