To Be a Hero

Annasiel
Administrator

Re: To Be a Hero

Post by Annasiel » Sat May 19, 2018 4:08 am

Chiyo

"Now, now, dear, calm down," Chiyo scolded gently, deftly dodging a half-hearted punch from the unconscious boy. She grabbed a cloth from one of the drawers, wetted it under the tap, and layed it over Rocko's head. Two pats that tousled his hair and a loud kiss on his cheek. He regained consciousness in an instant.

Her work done, Chiyo turned on Shun. She stared at him. Stared some more. Walked closer, leaned back to look into his eyes, and delivered a flick right to his temple.

"You're not sick, you ninny. That is, unless you'd like me to poke and prod you with cold metal? Keep you awake for hours and hours while I try to find out what's wrong?" She tutted. "I think not!"

She was about to turn and check on the recovering Rocko when her door opened once more. A girl who looked like little more than a shadow with eyes. Chiyo smiled warmly, her hands held out to the newcomer.

"Hello, dear, do you need something?"
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Sat May 19, 2018 4:22 am

"..."

The girl who looked just a little more than shadow with an eye had said nothing. Although her sparkly eyes showed no sign of discomfort, in truth, Eimi was having a mild panic attack.

Ara... No way... It seemed like her high school life may have ended before it could even start.

Ararara... There seems to be no choice... Eimi had to bite the bullet.

"Sensei, I am lost."

Flat, graceful, sweet, that was how her voice sounded. Same can be said for her demeanor. Eimi probably would have been the class's "madonna" material, if not for her quirk making any of that a wistful dream.
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Mon May 21, 2018 11:34 am

Avoiding the stares of anyone nearby as he passed the school gates Lee let a curse slip through his teeth. Not that anyone would understand him, anyway. To be late on the first day, absolutely unbelievable. Subways with their crossovers and line changes had been a pain, he should've planned ahead. Ugh, nevermind those for now. He made his way across the corridors of UA, mentally reading off signs as he passed them. 1-E, 1-D, 1-C... There. He stopped at the door to class 1-B.

The door opened, and a mess of a boy entered the class. His dark hair was everywhere, and the markings on his face suggested that he either put on a lot of eyeshadow or hadn't slept a wink for three days. Despite this, however, his posture was stock straight and his expression was nothing but serious as he scanned the class. After a moment, he said slowly, "Excuse me. I was late, Bou," he paused for a tiny bit. "Sensei." Every word was pronounced very deliberately, like he was reading from a script. His attention went back to the rest of the class for a moment, before he looked at the teacher again, clearly waiting for a response.
"Lewd the sisters~"
- Annasiel, April 2018

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu May 24, 2018 9:25 pm

Suzuki seemed rather excited about their partnership, and well her happiness was rather contagious. Soon enough Chuya found herself with a smile making its way into her lips and banishing that inkling of suspicion which had been creeping up on her.

“Yeah, I’m sure it will be fun!” Chuya said, that feeling of enthusiasm creeping up on her and settling in her bones. She knew her partner, Suzuki, though a little sporadic at times was solid enough. They could pull through whatever it was this would throw at them. But why had Saitou paused when she mentioned giving them the respect they deserved?

No, no matter, plus ultra!

“And we’ve fought together before, so we can use that as a starting base, and find ways to make our quirks work together.” Chuya added, a twinkle of excitement in her eye. “I’m glad we got paired together, this will be fun!”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Killian

Post by Killian » Sat May 26, 2018 9:54 am

.Image.
Akiyama Miki | Infimary | Nakurama Delivery

"Hm? Ah, yes, maybe next time then, Inoue," Miki gave a small smile, obviously not noticed anything strange about Inoue's words. [1] Quickly afterwards, she had stood aside near the medicine cabinet while Recovery Girl was looking over at Nakurama.

Miki brought up her hand to cover her laugh at his last words.[2] Seeing Recovery Girl didn't give additional instructions or words, it seemed that it wasn't serious. The exchange with RIkinobu reminded her that they were still in the middle of first period.

"Oh, we should get back to class!" Miki said out loud. "Let's go back, inoue, Rikinobu. Bou-sensei seems to take class participation seriously."

The sound of the door opening caught her attention, and Miki saw... a mass of black. She blinked a few times; there was something strange she couldn't put into words. [3] The silhouette of a girl, and then Miki's unspoken question was answered when she heard a feminine voice speaking.

"Sorry to interrupt, Recovery Girl," Miki had walked up to the door next to Recovery Girl. "I'm on my way to class 1-B. If you're a first year, we could show you your classroom along the way?" [4]
Code and art by Killian
Notes
[1] When Nina said that they had missed her demonstration.

[2] Miki's now convinced that Keito loves candy

[3] The loss of perception of dimension when looking at Boushiyama Eimi.

[4] Eimi could also be a transfer student (to Miki).
Also, I prefer to have Miki start walking in the next post round. Whoever is posting next for this group of 1-B students, if you're also walking back you can assume Miki would be doing so with your character.

Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Available for RPing

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Sun May 27, 2018 2:28 am

Shun ignored the loud mouth and other goings on in the suddenly busy nurse's office while awaiting her response. Several seconds after Recovery Girl made her response to Shun his face slowly turned into that of thought. Several more long seconds passed before he looked back towards the halo girl who seemed to have said something to him. As usual it took more time before he realized she had only meant to say she was leaving, although then he saw there was a strange clothed shadow standing(?) next to her. Although it was strange in the end, it was of no concern so Shun returned his gaze towards the Nurse and responded lazily, "not too bad... which bed..." Not waiting for the response he sat down on nearby empty bed waiting for further input from the nurse.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun May 27, 2018 7:39 am

Suzuki

"That's right!" Suzuki chirped, throwing a few haphazard punches in the air for good measure. One barely missed Chuya by centimeters, but Suzuki didn't seem to notice. "Those bad guys went running, and did you see the looks on their faces? They saw we were too tough to handle! It was almost like we were real heroes, wasn't it? Like... like defenders of good!"

She leaned over the back of her chair without warning, grabbing both of Chuya's hands in her own.

"I promise I'm not gonna let you down as a partner. Okay? I'm gonna do my best to help us both do that... that thing. The school thing that they always say, when they look all happy and proud, and do their hero poses. Ohhh, if I don't remember this it's going to be in my head for the rest of the - right! Plus Ultra!"

Suzuki bounced up in her char and beamed, giving Chuya's hands a firm squeeze, but her eternally fragile attention was stolen by the sound of the door opening once more.

Bou

Bou stared at the boy who had just entered the room. Her face made no change of expression. No, there was something different, however slight. An almost imperceptible hardness, a tightening of her lips, a narrowing of her dark eyes. She didn't call out the boy for his rudeness, and to the sharp observer, barely seemed phased by that at all.

Moments after the boy had entered, a very winded-looking upperclassman with feathery grey hair burst into the room behind him. He held out out a clipboard. As Bou took it from his hand, he seemed to stagger, but caught himself on the edge of her desk.

"Two... more... students..." he wheezed in a high-pitched voice. His eyes wrinkled in apologetic worry. "Just... learned... they... forgot... to say..."

She waved the upperclassman away dismissively, and he quickly backed out of her classroom. She did not watch him leave. Instead, her eyes browsed the paper line by line, stopped, then skipped back up to the top to read the whole memo again.

"You must be Mr. Hao," she said. Her voice sounded thin. "We are still expecting Miss Boushiyama, it seems."

She glanced up at the class, then back to the newcomer - Lee - with a soft smile.

"Why don't you introduce yourself and your quirk to the class?"

Chiyo

"Oh ho, dear, nobody is truly lost," Chiyo replied to Eimi, patting her arm gently. "Just temporarily displaced, hm? Let this delightful girl here show you the way while I attend to this incredibly ill child."

She plopped down in her swivel chair, gliding over to where Shun sat. She reached underneath a nearby cabinet, rummaged for a bit, and pulled out what appeared to be a foot-long syringe with a dagger-like needle.

"Normally, I'm quite skilled at seeing what ails my children, but I can't seem to do that with you. I am afraid we will have to take a blood sample. Stay still, dear, this will only hurt for a little bit."
Image "I see things that no one else seems to see..." Image

Myrn
Intermediate Mod

Post by Myrn » Sun May 27, 2018 9:38 am

She'd be paired with the girl who ran out the door after making a disc of light float in the very space the girl wiggled her fingers. What was her name again?

Yuri glanced at the sheet again if only to be sure it was correct. She was lost in thought as she mulled over her prospective partner. As far as she knew, Nina was only able to make disks of light, which is flashy. She could use flashy. But what's this?

The light gave way to the nurse's office, now that's an interesting quirk. A bit limited but definitely useful. She didn't pay much attention to what was happening in the nurse's office, actually she turned to look at who had just entered the classroom.

For somesomeone who looked like they hadn't slept in a long while, he seemed fairly alert. He then voiced his apology for his tardiness however the pause at the end was odd to say the least. Actually the way he pronounced every word was odd as if it wasn't his native language. Which may have been the case when Bou sensei addressed his last name Hao. Yuri was curicurious of what kind of quirk Hao was capable of and watched with eager eyes.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Sun May 27, 2018 2:07 pm

"T-Thank you!" Eimi bowed deeply at Miki as she expressed her gratitude. Now she wouldn't be bursting into the room on her own, and the prospect of having to face the class now seemed much more bearable to her. This girl was so nice to her too; she didn't seem to be disturbed or unnerved of her quirk at all. Well, that is to be expected in UA where all the quirk user goes to become heroes, but still...

This was nice for a change. Perhaps she could make friends?

Ara... Eimi realized she may have stared at the nice and courteous girl with a halo rudely, and quickly turned away without saying much. She did kind of stared, with her googly eyes sparkling with gratitude. However, she had quickly started heading off to class 1-B.

Soon, both Eimi and Miki would be standing in front of the door to class 1-B. Eimi had said nothing, and simply stared at the door. She may seemed calm outwardly, but in truth, she was frozen in fear.

Ara... no way... they'll forever remember Eimi as the late student...
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Sun May 27, 2018 4:30 pm

For a while Shun was relaxed thinking he made the better choice, the nurse was nice, the room fairly quiet outside of Suzuki's jumbled mass of words, and the bed far more comfortable then the chairs in class. He did not even notice the nurse had returned to his side or pulled out a massive syringe that was slowly getting closer to his arm while she smiled merrily. Then his recorder replayed what Recovery Girl said and Shun's eyes slowly widened in shock. The syringe was almost touching his skin when he panicked and a loud crackle was heard before the bed flew into the direction of where the loud mouth had been laying and the door to the nurses office was opened. By the time anyone would have been able to turn their head from the sudden happenings towards the door, Shun would have been gone. As for Miki and Eimi he blasted past them causing a strong wind and roughly opened the door before taking a relaxing breath and walking to his seat, ...not...worth...