To Be a Hero

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Re: To Be a Hero

Post by Myrn » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:23 am

If Yuri hadn't been standing in front of her seat, whatever the teacher had done would likely have gotten her to topple into a heap on the floor. Luckily enough, Yuri had only fell back into her own seat, albeit a bit disgracefully. Musclehead didn't get the memo and kept on and as a result, he layed on the floor unconscious.

"Hm...Is he ok?" Yuri glanced back at the ring headed girl, Miki if she recalled. Still as calm as ever. She shrugged in response as she eyed the prone boy.

"Sensei... I think you went too far."
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 pm

Bou

For the first time since she'd entered the classroom, something other than calm tranquility flashed across Bou's face. Concern, perhaps, or maybe agitation. She knelt down next to the fallen boy, placed the back of her palm over his lips, then pressed a finger and thumb against his wrist. Satisfied, she rose back to her feet and frowned.

"I suppose I did," she admitted. "I overestimated his own endurance. He's alive and stable, but may have a concussion. I'd suggest one of his friends take him to the nurse after class."

The crinkle of paper, and two candies were drawn from the bag. Bou slid them into Nakurama's pocket.

"Now that we've settled," she said as she turned to face the class again, "I'd like to begin with introductions. I have already told you all my name, and shown you my quirk. This young gentleman is Keito Nakurama. For the rest, please stand, tell the class your name, show us your quirk, and tell us something interesting about yourself!"
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:34 pm

How did this even happen?!
It started out with the teacher, Bou-san, handing out candy. As annoyed as Nina was with the 'moral' the teacher was trying to deliver, she managed to hold it together and not get too greedy; it didn't help that her sarcasm was completely lost on everyone.
Completely.
And utterly.
Lost.
Last thing she needed was for people to think she admitted her mistakes, God forbid.

Sexy quiet black hair girl tried being nice to peanut brain, but she just ended up tarnishing his honour.
That was followed by having his honour taken away when he PHASED THROUGH THE GIRL, and later shattered to smithereens when teacher-san did some sort of magic stunt to pull him and the girl back.

Nina was astounded as she saw the girl take the punch. Well, she didn't exactly take the punch as much as she let it pass straight through her and confuse the living hell out of the throbbing hero.
She has never seen such a passive quirk before, though it wasn't an insult. It was a support in a world where she mainly saw offensives, and that was incredible. She bit her tongue, just enough, to avoid drawing attention as the lesson became less of a lesson and more... of a mess.
Was this how teachers are supposed to deal with conflicts? Give their students concussions?!
Because as cool as it was... it was probably wrong and poteeeeeentially illegal, though Nina had no clue what was allowed since anyone could end up killing anyone with their quirk.

Nina leaned back as she saw the brute collapse and lose consciousness. As hilarious as it was, that was... kind of mean.
Whichever was the reason, Nina decided to devote her time after class to help him out.
That dick better not call her names or he will wake up with half the capacity to bear children...
Sho: "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakingmoon."
Neku: "Uhh... what?"
Joshua: "I think he's saying he's better than gravity."

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:59 pm

Suzuki

Suzuki's chair rattled as she shot up out of her seat seconds after the teacher mentioned introductions. Slightly embarrassed, she glanced around the classroom sheepishly, but that quickly gave way to a bright, warm smile.

"Hello everybody I'm Tachibana Suzuki but lots of people call me Hana cause of hanashi sugi and I like to talk a lot, but that's okay because I know they're not really being mean and I think it's a pretty cute name so I like it, but you can really call me anything you want to call me and I'll be okay with it cause names are just names anyway!" A small pause after the deluge of words before she started babbling again. "My quirk is blowing really hard! Not like a little thing but really really hard like hard enough to move big things and it's really useful because I can move big things!"

She didn't need to breathe again yet, but she did it anyway. It sounded like a jet engine taking off in the distance. Chest puffed up, lips together, and -

WOOOOOOOOOOOSH.

If any of the students had picked up their lost papers and books from Bou's demonstration, it was in vain, as the resulting whirlwind of the trapped air picked up and spun around everything lighter than five kilograms. Suzuki herself went flying backwards into the classroom wall.

Thud.

And from the other side of the room, sprawled in a heap, Suzuki beamed.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:54 pm

WOOOOOOOOSH

Although her shoulder bag had remained adhered to the desk, only being pushed this way or that with either use of Saitou’s quirk, following Suzuki’s demonstration however, it did not. The poor bag was pushed off the desk along with a flurry of the other student’s notebook and loose papers. Just like a miniature of the exam hall when Suzuki had sneezed. That had not been a good test.

Chuya glanced back over her shoulder to be sure Suzuki was ok, she was, before deciding she might as well go next. Without much hurry she stood up and stepped around her desk. “Hello, I’m Chuya Iseya,” she leaned over and scooped her bag up and tossed it back into her desk. She flipped the bag open and after a second or two of rummaging drew out a shiny coin. She placed the coin on the center of her palm, before she held it out palm up. “And with my quirk I can repulse -“

The coin lifted up, bobbed in the air as Chuya held the little disc steady. She just needed to not sneeze. “- or attract metal.” The coin shot back to her hand, impacting with a little smack, and Chuya turned her hand over. The coin didn’t fall.

“And, uh, my favorite ice cream is strawberry.” She finished, letting the coin stuck to her hand fall, catching it with her other one. “I’ll be in your care.” She finished, slipping back into her seat.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:27 am

.Image.
Akiyama Miki | Classroom | Follow what the teacher says

Hearing Bou-sensei's "suggestions" more as instructions, Miki placed her notebook in the tray shelf underneath her desk. She gave slight glances towards Tachibana and Iseya as they made their introductions. Her eyes gave a slight sparkle seeing the floating coin.

A thought came to mind when Iseya had finished her introduction, and Miki used one hand to pull the halo on top of her head. At that instant, another hoop apppeared as substitute soon after. Letting her hand go, the first halo had remained suspended in the air, while she pulled the other halo from her head again. This happened until there were five suspending halos. She raised her other hand to get the attention from the teacher. "This is my quirk, nothing really exciting, haha" she said, as she twirled her finger to cause the halos to spin in the air for a few seconds. "That's about all it can do. Oh! And I can take Nakurama-kun to the infirmary, sensei."

Walking over next to the collapsed classmate, she looped two of the halos on either of his wrists, then grabbed onto the back of his collar. Dragging his upper body slightly up from the ground [1], she hooked the third (now enlargened) halo around his torso. Same was done for his normal-sized knees before Miki stood up. Flicking her hand in an upwards motion, the suspending halo hoops rose higher in the air, carrying Nakurama's body up in a horizontal position.

Hand on his left arms' sleeve, she dragged him through the air in a semi-flowy motion like dragging a rock through water. About two steps before she reached the door, she turned her head back. "Oh, I forgot to say my name," she gave a sheepish laugh. "Akiyama. Akiyama, Miki. Nice to meet you, everyone." [2]

Code and art by Killian
Notes
[1] Miki has considerable strength from doing Taekwondo, but perhaps she might have some difficulty as Keito is 74kg. You can assume while she's handling him she's not as careful since she's not *scared* of hurting him.

[2] Does anyone also want to come with Miki to the infirmary?

Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:44 pm

Shun woke up once again this time with a brief annoyed expression and his hair further tousled by Suzuki's wind. He heard the teacher had asked for everyone to introduce themselves and since he was awakened he figured may as well do so now. Hopefully when he next fell asleep he would not have to worry about this rowdy class waking him up again.

With reluctance Shun slowly stood and held onto his recorder then looked the teacher in the eye briefly before speaking tiredly, "Rikinobu Shun." He looked around briefly and finally realized that the loudmouth was not being loud, instead getting pulled out of the room by some girl with a halo towards the infirmary. Infirmary...could leave this loud class behind for some sleep... "my quirk does stuff..." After saying that he starts walking after Miki to 'help' her take the loudmouth to the infirmary.

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Tue May 01, 2018 4:53 am

Before Yuri had the chance to speak about why they shouldn't just leave Keito on the floor until class was over, Suzuki was already up and talking... a lot. And recalling what she was capable of Yuri took precaution to hold on to her few possessions before someone's eye got stabbed with a pencil. Chuya was thankfully not as flashy but it was a rather neat quirk too. She could already imagine the potential usages. And then there was Miki. At least she still had the common sense to do something for muscle head. Shun even went to help but knowing him, the class was just too loud and this was more or less an excuse to go sleep elsewhere. Yuri then stood to introduce herself and sauntered her way to the front of the class.

"Yuri Amano. I enjoy long walks." She then glanced at the bag of candies and poked the side of the bag where she snagged another piece of candy without sticking her whole hand in it. "I can pass through things." She concluded and sat back down.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sun May 06, 2018 11:29 pm

Perhaps a power demonstration isn't the worst thing She thought to herself as everyone took turns.
First was Suzuki. The fire in her heart was inspiring, but her presentation really blew

Blew everything away, that is. It was awesome.
Nina grabbed anything that could fly off her desk not a moment too soon before the gusts of air blew forth. Suzuki's quirk was really incredible. Nina loved how it matches Suzuki's energy.

Next up with a girl named Chuya. Her quirk was rather attractive and was nothing polarizing. Ideas came to Nina's mind as she imagined the possibilities that lurked with Chuya's ability.

It wasn't until the next two demonstrations that Nina knew what to do.
The next girl was Miki, who could apparently make halos of varying lengths and suspend them in midair. It was difficult for Nina to judge what they could be good for, though she had some ideas.
The boy that followed her was sleeping beauty, Shun, whose quirk was....
Stuff.
Ain't he a charming fella.

After ghost girl had her shot at her phantasmtastic ability, Nina stood up and introduced herself.
"I'm Nina Inoue," She started, glancing around the room for any bad impressions.
"And my quirk is, well, connecting places. Basically making portals."
Should she be this direct?! How do you even tell someone about portals?! Nina had to think of something fast to save her from the nervousness in her heart.
"A-And I will now present a liiiiiive demonstraaaatiooooon!" she exclaimed, slipping between Chuya and Rocko and the approaching Shun and the door frame.
Facing the class, Nina pointed her finger at the air and began drawing a circle.
The tip of her finger glowed as the air she touched did too.
When it was done, the light seemed to maintain itself.
Now...
"Be right back!"
She shouted, running off.
Now all that she needed to do was...
Find... the...
Where the heck was the infirmary?!

Dammit! If i don't find it in time, my portal will close and I will be made a fool of!

She ran from door to door, looking around for that precious sign.
Asking one of the staff workers, Nina managed to find the infirmary in time, and locating an empty bed, she drew a second portal in front of it for Chuya and Shun to walk through and carefully place Rocko.
Or harshly. They both worked.

As the second portal was made and connected, Nina celebrated. "Ta daaaaaaah!" She said, before making way for the 3 students.
Sho: "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakingmoon."
Neku: "Uhh... what?"
Joshua: "I think he's saying he's better than gravity."

Lev

Post by Lev » Mon May 07, 2018 2:56 pm

Akemi’s jaw was as stiff as an old man’s opinion. She didn’t remember what made her body clench so tightly, but it probably started with Suzuki’s disruptive demonstration and worsened as each quirk introduced itself. They were all so useful; so practical. What would Akemi even call her quirk? She had a vague memory of naming herself something silly when she played ‘Happy Hero’ as a child..

A moment of silence fell over the class, broken only by the shuffling of reclaimed papers and secured belongings. Akemi looked around slowly. Her neck ached from the tension, and she could feel the skin of her neck stretch over muscles that surely bulged like wrapped chords by now. A few eyes fell onto her while others wandered blankly around the room. The body language of her neighboring classmates made it clear that she was last to play ice-breaker.. so she reluctantly stood, releasing the edges of her desk from her clamped grip.

“Fukuda. Akemi Fukuda,” she said as clearly as possible. She wanted to avoid any chance of repeating herself.

Akemi straightened her skirt. She tugged the edge of her sleeves. She folded her hands. Unfolded them. Clenched them by her sides. There was only so much that could be done to stall the explanation of her quirk. How could she avoid talking about -

My quirk does stuff, he’d said. That sleepy-feral boy had gotten away with saying nothing. Akemi could, too. She’d do her best, anyway. It was decided.

“I also have a quirk,” she said flatly. Then she sat promptly sat down, only to stand again. Her voice was more nervous this time. “And I get sick.. often.”

After her graceless addition she sat down, looking straight ahead to any point of the chalkboard, her hands fidgeting silently in her lap.