To Be a Hero

Kurusu

Re: To Be a Hero

Post by Kurusu » Sun May 27, 2018 5:07 pm

Eimi barely glimpsed the boy who just blasted past her and the halo girl right into the door of class 1-B. Eimi was too scared to open the door and walked in, and now a rough boy had decided to do it for her.

Eimi wasn't only staring into the class anymore. She was visibly shaking too. The boy had completely unnerved her.
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:15 pm

"Hm? Ah, yes, maybe next time then, Inoue,"

"Yeah.... maybe..." She smiled, trying to make more of an effort this time as she heard new footsteps.
Huh, there were more? Nina observed, puzzled, as a black silhouette of a student entered the infirmary. Her, and a fella who actually got the door right.
But that was beside the point.
Grabbing her paper through the portal before it had to finally close, Nina looked at her partner's name and their mentor's name.
"Amano-chan?" She glanced at the paper.
"Ghost girl..." ...This could be really awesome! I hope I get to punch Rocko in the nuts from under the floor. Ooh, yes, I like that a lot. Now for the mento-
"Twilight Hero: Camazotz." RANK 127?... Really? I mean, I guess she has a cool title. Could have a cool quirk. Aaaaaand I'll get to fight. Maybe I could kick the new guy's balls. We better not get outmatched by A-1's mentors or someone will get hurt.
Probably someone from A-1
Hm
Yeah
I should probably write it down so I don't forget.
Sho: "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakingmoon."
Neku: "Uhh... what?"
Joshua: "I think he's saying he's better than gravity."

Agamemnon92

Post by Agamemnon92 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Rocko's eyes shot open with the intensity of a Murder Documentary. Some nurse was walking away from him. Where the hell was he? He sat up on his elbows and glanced around the clean, almost eerily, sterilized room. The infirmary? Wow, he must have won his fight too hard.

He spotted Sleep Guy who seemed to be awake now. Did Rocko's victory hurt this guy, too? Rocko sat up all the way and stretched his neck. If winning landed him in the infirmary, Ghost Lady must have been in the ICU. He decided he should go check on her. His honor told him you always make sure a vanquished foe is doing alright after a fight.

He was feeling relaxed for the first time in days. No more enemies. No more dominance that had to be asserted. He was about to swing his legs off the bed when he saw a mass of....nothing. With eyes. For an instant, he thought Ghost Lady was back, but in a different form. Her ghost form. But Rocko realized this wasn't her.

His eyes bounced from Sleep Guy to the nurse.

"What're you doin' here, eh? Admiring the new class Rep?"

But the room shook and Rocko was jolted out of his bed. He landed hard and found out the hard way his head ached. He shot to his feet, so not to look vulnerable in front of new people. But He only saw a blur of Sleep Guy bolting from the room. Just running was enough to knock him down?

He swiped his hand at the nurse's shoulder

"What's that nerd's deal? I thought his quirk was sleeping good or something."
Last edited by Agamemnon92 on Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Someguy500

Post by Someguy500 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:47 am

Lee bowed toward the teacher, and turned to the rest of the class, seemingly unfazed by the extremely rough intrusion from another student. From the front of the class, he regarded them with a beady-eyed stare, and opened his mouth.

"My name is Lee Zun Hao. I am an international student from Taiwan. My Quirk is to attack and affect a person's energy, or Chi. It is good to meet you, class 1-B."

While his words were ingratiating and polite, Lee's tone and body language told a different story. He was as straight as a pole and just as stiff, and his hands never left his sides. His tone, flat and mechanical, did little to ease this. It was more like a formal declaration of war than an introduction.

Zun Hao's feet had locked in place. He started to doubt himself, and his introduction. His mouth felt dry, and he suppressed the urge to swallow. He took a deep breath and steadied himself. Nobody would take him seriously if he looked weak. A hero has to look straight ahead to the future, disciplined and stalwart. Dependable, invulnerable.
Snowskeeper wrote:"I rip off my head and slam-dunk it into the nearest trashcan

Good morning"
- May 2017

Killian
Bronze

Post by Killian » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:27 am

.Image.
Akiyama Miki | Class 1-B | Returning to class

Miki gave a nod to Chiyo, to show that she'd be happy to show the other girl her classroom.

"No worries. Alright, which class- "

A strong gust of wind drowned out her words, and Miki turned. Shun was gone from the bed where Recovery Girl was standing with the syringe. "Did he... " she murmured at the opened door, while re-arranging her now-messy fringe. "...just run out like a cartoon character?"[1]

Remembering again where she was, she turned back to the girl, "Sorry, let's go then." As they walked out of the infirmary, Miki had asked the other's name and class. Eimi Boushiyama. She was also another student in her class. At the back of Miki's head, she felt like she had forgotten something. [2] When they had reached the classroom door, Miki noticed trembling in the other. Being nervous is probably makes more sense than being excited, she thought.

"Are you nervous, Boushiyama?" She asked. "Oh, but It's still class time right now ... we can talk later after class, or you could talk to Bou-sensei."

Opening the door, Miki's eyes scanned the classroom. The time was short, but her eyes stopped just a little longer on the unfamiliar male student with black hair[3], and of course Shun."Sensei, I'm back. I brought another student who's also in our class, it seems." Miki gave a small "good luck" thumbs-up to Boushiyama before walking back to her seat.

"Hey, what did I miss?" Miki leaned forward to whisper to the girl[4] that was sitting in front of her. "... wait, Amano, is that you?"
Code and art by Killian
Notes[1] I was tempted to say "Sonic".

[2] Agreed with Kurusu that Miki would have gotten Eimi's name and class. And Miki had forgotten about Nina. (Sorry, Nina...)

[3] Zun Hao Lee. Also Miki would notice that the portal circle was gone.

[4] Yuri Amano

Previously Luki | ART BLOG | Status: Currently busy IRL. Replies may be slow, thank you for your patience!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:08 pm

Chuya’s head tilted to one side instinctively as a single punch out of a series of wild, excited swings passed a little too close for comfort. Still, it was that infectious enthusiasm that kept Chuya with a grin on her face and a good memory of that fight in the alley.

They had made for a good team then, so they would be fine for this training! Chuya was certain it was true as she returned the squeeze with one of her own. “Yeah, plus ultra!” She chirped back before her gaze turned to the door as it slid open. A new boy, someone late for class on their first day? Not a great start.

“Anyone you know?” Chuya asked.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Kurusu

Post by Kurusu » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:33 am

The angelic girl (she had a very prominent halo on her head) gave Eimi a thumbs up as she stood in front of the class. She didn't want this. She didn't want to do any of this.

But she must.

Eimi took a deep breath, and closed her eyes for a few seconds to calm her nerves. To everyone else, it seemed like her large, round eyes suddenly disappeared into the darkness that was her. It suddenly opened again, shining mildly yet noticeably as she steeled her nerves. Eimi never knew that her eyes literally sparkles whenever she focused on calming herself down, but it had became a ritual of sort to her.

"I am Boushiyama Eimi, nice to meet you everyone." Her voice was sweet and adorable, and any trace of nervousness were absent. She sounded as elegant and, unfortunately, unapproachable as ever.

Ara... No way...

Everyone seemed to expected her to say something more. The poor girl choked up slightly, but quickly realized that she was in the one and only U.A. Highschool, everyone here had quirk, and she would be expected to talk about her own.

The quirk that made her. The quirk that defined her existence. The quirk that made her appear the way she was.

"My skin absorbs light, and I can release the light from my eyes." Eimi said, with some slight hesitation. She had made no attempt to demonstrate it, and simply waited for the teacher to give her a seat with a slight glance.
Remember to always check the first post of the Inn for any updates! The link above will take you there.

AnimuGirlVoiceLebi

Post by AnimuGirlVoiceLebi » Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:40 pm

Shun quickly calmed himself with a sigh before he walked into the class. He ignored halo and shadow girl who stepped through the door before him and walked in himself. After he sat down at his seat he pull out his lunchbox/pillow again, set it on the desk, and rested his head on it. so much waste... The two new students in class were of no importance so long as they did not disturb his rest, and the paper that was on his desk...why was it there? Did not stop him from ignoring it though as it did not seem to be of immediate importance. whens break...lunch...home... He sighed again then closed his eyes for some sleep.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:40 am

Suzuki

"I..." Suzuki whispered, then gave a rare pause. "I have seen him before, I think! At the exams! Right! We only talked for a little bit, and I don't think I caught his name, but I never forget a face!"

This was, of course, a bit of a lie. There were plenty of faces Suzuki did forget in her whirlwind of constant thought. But she did have a certain knack for retaining memories of people, and on the off chance she did fully let it slip, she'd easily remember when reminded.

Bou

"Very good Mr. Hao, Miss Boushiyama," Bou replied, pulling two more candies from her bag, and handing them to each student in turn. "Now, I'd like you to find your seats, and look over-"

Riiiiiiiing!

Bou blinked, and glanced at the bell. With a resigned sigh, she turned back to the class, smiling faintly all the while.

"It appears our time is up. I suggest you get to know your partners for the mentor program as best you can, as you'll be spending the rest of the year working alongside them. Now, your next class will be at Ground Beta, so hurry along!"

With a wave and a nod of her head, Bou began to pack her satchel.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:55 pm

Gran Torino

What a bunch of young scraps. Faces all full of hope and scrapes still on their knobbly little knees, all ready to become heroes. Torino sighed, hands on his hips and head shaking. He was only here for Toshinori. All these other kids, well, they were just a chore, bumbling around in their uniforms like infants ready to play.

Still, it would be fun to make them squirm.

As the class approached, Torino looked up, chin tilted back and a brilliant smile on his face.

"Welcome, Class 1-B, to Hero Training! I'm happy to see you were able to make it here alive!" He raised an eyebrow. "You are all alive, aren't you? Then why don't you look it?! Hup! Backs straight, legs together! I want to see the faces of future heroes, not mopey little parsnips!"

With a flourished spin, he pointed at two nearby doors.

"Boys to the left, girls to the right! You'll find a locker with your name on it inside- along with your costume, specially designed from your notes. Now, hop to it!"

No point in long-winded expositing. The kids knew what to expect, so why bother telling them? Cut to the chase, speak what's needed, and get straight to the nitty gritty.
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end