Doki Doki Channel: Shattered Oaths

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: Doki Doki Channel: Shattered Oaths

Post by UmbraSight » Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:19 am

“Thank you,” Yume said, picking up the popcorn tin, her gray eyes bright with amusement as Teru vaulted over the counter. She shifted her weight towards him ever so slightly as Teru relieved her of the ticket she has been holding, her gaze dropping to the ticket as well as if she were reading along. Yet seeming dissatisfied Teru crumpled the slip of paper up and shoved it into his pocket.

Still leaning ever so slightly in Teru’s direction one of Yume’s brow twitched upwards in question.

"I can do you better. How would you like to watch from the Governor's Box?" Teru asked.

“I-“ Yume started, his family owned this theater, so chances are he could easy check if the box was open. And, the governor never seemed like much of an opera person anyway. “Would it be proper for us to sit there?” She asked.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue May 01, 2018 2:42 am

"Proper? Far from it. That spot is reserved for prefecture officials," Teru replied, a glint forming in his auburn eyes. "However, if a member of staff were to have left their keys unguarded, and if the owner's son happened to take said keys, with every intent of returning them at a later time..."

His hand went into his pocket, and pulled out a ring jingling with brass keys. He gave it a shake, then returned it to his pocket, the glint in his eye darkening.

"...then I would say there is nothing against us accidentally wandering into an unlocked door of a room that is officially locked," Teru finished. He grabbed a few pieces of Yume's popcorn and tossed them into his mouth. This was unlike him. He was just showing off at this point. And for who, a girl he, a mere month ago, supposedly disliked?

Beautiful eyes.

The thought hitched hard in his mind, and he almost winced. He didn't have unexpected thoughts, he never did, but there one was. Worse, one he had already had before. One he should have expected.

"Unfortunately, the Governor's Box happens to be at the top of a flight of chairs. I see no way someone in your state could possibly reach it without some... special assistance."
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue May 01, 2018 8:26 pm

“How rebellious,” Yume said, an amused turn to her voice and a glitter in her dark eyes. It would be fun would it not to try something like this? And if the governor or any other member of the provincial government weren’t going to use the box were they really hurting anything? Wouldn’t it also be nice to be alone with Teru for a while?

I think I have feelings for you, think on that.

“Well, it would be quite the shame to leave such a pleasant room unattended, and I do find myself without a ticket to call my own, so I leave myself in your care.” Yume said, with a formal dip of her head. She straightened, her weight once more drifting back onto the crutch she had. “And what ‘special assistance’ is it you propose to help me reach my seat?” She asked, that faint smile continuing to curl her lip.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu May 03, 2018 6:13 pm

"Rebellious?" Teru laughed. "I prefer to think of it as opportunistic, but I suppose there is a streak of defiance about it."

He snuck a piece of Yume's popcorn out of her tin, tossing it back into his mouth with a smile. This was so unlike him. It wasn't just showing off, it was downright strutting, trying to impress the girl in every way and form. And... she seemed impressed. If not impressed, at least amused. Every inch of her body read positive, from her in-turned toes to the relaxed, casual slump of her (graceful) shoulders.

Infatuation to the point of intrusive thoughts. How quaint. Unexpectedly delightful, in introspect.

"My father does own this theater, so it is my duty to assist patrons that require it, of course," Teru said. Not explaining any further, he took a step forward, looped his arms around Yume's waist, and hoisted her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. He moved quickly through the crowd, ignoring, or even reveling in, the glances and snickers. He hopped up the balcony stairs two at a time, arriving at an intricate redwood door with an inlaid handle.

"Your box, Lady Furostomi."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri May 04, 2018 7:48 am

“Oh!” Yume called out in surprise as Teru suddenly swept her up off of her feet and hoisted her up over his shoulder. She felt a faint flush come to her cheeks as the eyes of those around them fell upon her. What sort of position was this? Was there not a less noticeable way he could have carried her? Wait, why was the fact he was carrying her in this manner the thing she was finding questionable and not that he had picked her up to begin with?

I think I have fallen for you.

Yume dipped her head down, and it seemed both far too long, and painfully too short before Teru came to a stop before a beautiful redwood door.

“Your box, Lady Furostomi.” Teru said, clearly enjoying himself. Yume squirmed on his shoulder, looking back over her own at the box.

“I thank you for your assistance,” Yume said, “how should I best tip you for your service?” She felt her heart quicken in her chest. Why had she said that?

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun May 06, 2018 6:57 pm

How should I best tip you for your service?

Well then. He hadn't thought to see Furostomi flirting so soon, but it only added to his delight. His mind raced for things to say - a kiss on the lips? No, far too soon - and finally reached a payment he thought appropriate.

"All I require, my lady, is a kiss on my cheek," he replied, eyes glancing over with a flash of coy fire. "And with that, you can consider my service repaid. But first-"

He carefully set Yume down, making sure her weight was off her bad ankle, and pulled an ornate key from his pocket. It slid easily into the balcony door's handle, turning with a mechanical clunk. The door swung open.

"-your seats, Lady Furostomi."

From where they were, they could see the entire stage sprawled out below. The theatre was mostly empty, spare for a few early arrivals, and a muted buzz of whispered talk rose up from among them.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Tue May 08, 2018 5:49 pm

“What a beautiful theater,” Yume said, a hand resting on the frame of the door as she leaned in to the book to look back out at the theater floor. The ceiling offered a delicate molding, the walls a rich paneling, and the stage offered up some manner of love and design from a craftsman. She turned back to Teru, that same small smile on her lips and glint of amusement in her eye. She leaned back towards Teru, placing a hand on his shoulder to steady herself.

“It is quite a lovely view, thank you for your assistance.” Yume said. She leaned in, stood up on her tiptoes, and pressed her lips softly against Teru’s cheek. She held for a second before leaning away, her hand still upon his shoulder. “Would you mind helping me to my seat?”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed May 09, 2018 12:52 am

Her lips were cool to the touch, just as her skin had been before. He'd been meaning to ask - but it would be rude, would it not? Then again, when did he care about pointless social proprieties? The thought of hurting her feelings at this point was not just unthinkable, it was reprehensible.

Instinctively, he placed a hand under Yume's elbow, helping her steady herself on his shoulder. He took slow steps forward, leading the girl down the balcony steps in silence. When they reached the front row, he swept his hand out dramatically.

"Your seats, Lady Furostomi," he said in a voice far deeper than normal, dripping with the solemness of pompous regality. He set the popcorn down on the aisle floor.

Her hand chills as well.

"I do not wish to seem crude, but are you normally so cool?" he asked in his regular voice as he sat down beside her. "Magic, I presume?"

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sun May 13, 2018 7:52 pm

“Your assistance is greatly appreciated.” Yume said smoothly as she carefully slid into one of the plush seats. She looked back to Teru, her muted smile still in place as he asked if she were always so cool to the touch. She chuckled faintly as she raised a hand palm up and slowly curled it into a fist.

“I am sorry if it disappointing to hear, but it is true I am always cold.” Yume said, she unfurled her fingers, and in the center of her hand rested a shard of ice. “I am a witch of ice, so as you have already surmised it is magic which causes me to be so cool.” She picked the shard between her middle and index finger, and the shard began to grow, taking on the shape of a lilly.

“It is a useful magic, I can make about anything I desire with ice or snow, but in return.” Yume glanced down at her own leg. “I am frailer and naturally cold.”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Mon May 14, 2018 7:22 pm

"Disappointed?" Teru whispered, reaching out to touch the edge of the blossoming ice flower with a tentative finger. He gracefully slipped into the seat beside her, leaning over the creation, eyes wide in awe. "Why would I be disappointed? That is beautiful magic. Besides-"

His eyes wandered to Yume's leg, then drifted up her body to meet her eyes.

"I have always preferred the winter."

Frailer, and naturally more cold. That explained how easily she had broken her ankle tripping in the maze. That explained the cautious, careful way she moved around the world. A little ice lily drifting on the wind. Something welled up inside Teru - not infatuation, this time, but something softer. Warmer. A desire to wrap his arms around the fragile girl and shield her from the world. He shook his head slowly.

"As to your frailty... well..." An instant weighed out in his mind, the words he wanted to say compared to the propriety in saying them. Desire won. "I will just have to keep you safe, hm?"