Doki Doki Channel: Shattered Oaths

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: Doki Doki Channel: Shattered Oaths

Post by UmbraSight » Tue May 22, 2018 5:39 am

For a brief moment as Teru’s eyes met hers, Yume’s muted smile widened, the edges of her pale lips curling. Dark lashes fluttered over gray eyes as she watched his face, head turned in his direction, tilted ever so slightly in a quizzical angle. Between her index and thumb she rolled the lilly, the dull light of the theater glittering in the pedals. With a careful touch Yume tapped the base of the flower against the railing, tendrils of ice, like roots curled around the handrail holding the flower in place.

She looked back to Teru at mention of him protecting her. Yume’s lips parted, a seeming moment of shock before she straightened in her seat. Perhaps it was simply a trick of the low light, but a pink flush seemed to discolor her pale skin. “Protect me? Why, is it not my duty to keep you safe?” She asked.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed May 23, 2018 2:54 am

The flower was beautiful. The sculpture she had created was, too. Teru smiled, partly because of his idiotic joke, partly because of the blush that had crept its way onto Yume's moonwhite cheeks. Though the lighting was dim and the blush faint, Teru could easily see it against the paleness of her skin. He had said something she liked. Not just something she liked, but something she, against all odds, found attractive.

He would have to pursue further.

"Well, of course," he replied, tracing the fragile leaves of the flower now stuck to the railing. "That is your duty. To keep me - and all others - safe."

Auburn eyes turned on Yume. Light. Playful.

"But someone as precious as yourself needs a protector of their own."
Alone she drifts from ancient mists
Nary a candle, nary a wish
But in the wont of wandering paths
Through wooded knolls, and windworn crags
She seeks a face she thought as friend
But now -- she thinks as judgement's end

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu May 24, 2018 6:36 am

Light danced in his amber eyes. Light. Interested. Focused on her. How different it all seemed than that first meeting where she couldn’t bring herself to look him in the eye. Yume shifted in her seat, turned her body towards him, or at least as much as she was able to. Her gray eyes flicked down, he had carried her twice now, had he not? Was it silly that she felt safe like that?

Still-

Her gaze returned to his own, the same flicker of interest in the sharp gray. The same flush of rose on her cheeks.

“Precious?” A flutter in her heart to hear him say that, what was she still back in the academy? “I suppose we must keep each other protected, yes?”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Wed May 30, 2018 10:47 pm

"Well, of course," Teru replied, voice far too smooth for his own good. His own pulse had begun to quicken the moment they sat down together, and though he knew how to, he had no desire to slow it. It was a delightful feeling, a warm rush of exhilaration that spun his words and drove his actions. All in the honorable pursuit of making this delightful snowflake flush.

"I did not mean to suggest any incompetence on your part." He lowered his hand behind her seat, not touching her, but still warding. Ever so slightly, he shifted inward. Intimacy was a fragile thing to grow, much like ice, but the little details and adjustments that gave it form made it very worthwhile. "Merely that you, as anyone... need someone looking out for you."

As if his words were a cue, the strut holding up Yume's seat gave out the moment after he'd spoken. He leaped up from his seat in an instant, one hand held out and the other clutched tight to the balcony rail.

"Are you alright?! This quite literally never - in all my years going here, I've never seen -"

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:59 pm

“Oh!” Below her seat Yume felt something shift, a hollow ‘ting of something giving way. Teru sprang to his feet, and acting off instinct Yume reached out and took hold of his hand as he reached for her. She lifted herself up as the chair tilted away and fell backwards, her grip on his hand tight. She took a half step towards Teru on shaken knees as her heart drummed away at a quickened pace.

“I- yes I am fine. Just a little shaken is all, it was quite surprising” Yume said looking back over her shoulder at the collapsed chair. “I have never seen a chair do that.” She said looking back to Teru. “Was there a screw loose perhaps?”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:51 pm

"Frankly, I have no idea."

Teru chuckled nervously. At least she was taking it well. He'd thought, in the moment... if she'd gotten hurt... but no. She was safe, if not a little bit shaken, and the night could continue as planned. Well, almost as planned. He glanced at the row of seats, one taken by the popcorn, one taken by Teru, and one now broken.

Don't do it, you fool. Don't you dare.

He lowered himself back into his seat, smile turning mischievous.

"Well, it appears circumstances have forced the inevitable. In lieu of a seat, I offer my lap."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:11 pm

“I—“ Yume turned quickly at Teru’s words. Her grey eyes fell onto Teru, before sliding quickly to the chair with the popcorn tin and returning to Teru. Sit on his lap? She had misheard him, had she not? Was this some form of joke? Was this a joke?

Still, wouldn’t it be fun?

A flush rushed to her cheeks at the very thought of it, it wouldn’t be correct, it wouldn’t be proper.

She took a step towards him, her lips bowing into a careful smile. She shifted her head in the direction of the broken chair.

“I suppose with no other option, I must take you up on this offer.”

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:44 pm

"I am happy to be of service," Teru replied smoothly, not without a hint of mischief in his voice. As Yume reclined, he rested his arms around her waist, enough to be a presence without seeming outright improper. He wouldn't mind the impropriety himself, but Yume already seemed ruffled, and he was unwont to push his luck further than necessary.

Her hair tickled his nose, and he bit back a sneeze. She really did have a lot of hair.

"I am unaccustomed to being a chair, so please forgive me if I do not compare to the proper sort," Teru said, leaning forward towards her ear. "Though, I do boast much better conversational skills than your typical furniture."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:31 pm

What was she doing? This was improper was it not? Yet she was certain that she did not really care about such things, this was fun, Teru made things fun. She relaxed considerably as Yume rested her back against his chest and Teru wrapped his arms around her waist. He felt so warm, a pleasant heat which brought a tingling sensation to her skin.

“I am finding you quite comfortable in any event.” Yume murmured back, a smile, large for her, already curling her lips at the feeling of Teru’s breath on her ear. “Why, more comfortable and much warmer too. Perhaps I shall use you as a chair more often?” Yume said, that persistent flush finding its way to another shade of color yet.

Annasiel
Administrator

Post by Annasiel » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:55 am

Cold, a pleasant cold, made its way through Teru's clothes. He'd had many a dainty thing dangling on his arm over the years - always at his father's irksome behest - but none that didn't grow uncomfortably hot when pressed against him. But this wintery chill was positively delightful. He shifted in his seat, resting his wrists on Yume's hips, and smiled. If she could see his face, she might have blushed even deeper.

"I think it's starting," he whispered as the curtains rustled. Sure enough, the lights soon dimmed, plunging the entire theatre into darkness.

Grrrrrrrrrowl.

The lights flickered on, and a black wolf-like beast with glowing eyes paced the stage. White bristles, like that on a porcupine, covered its back in thick sheets, and red liquid stained its needled maw.

"That... is not part of the play."

In the audience below, someone screamed.