G.A.T.E.S Academy [RP]

Octavia
Silver

Re: G.A.T.E.S Academy [RP]

Post by Octavia » Thu May 17, 2018 2:03 am

Rae raised her eyebrows and blinked a few times as Cole told her that the marijuana was pretty potent. Well, fuck! The teenager was barely five feet tall and a lightweight, so basically she was screwed. And sat back down in the chair, waiting for it all to kick in. It took a solid few minutes, so she listened to his sob story as she waited. While waiting, she decided that she would not smoke any more until she at least went through her classes.

After about five minutes, which was the amount of time it took for Cole to choke out his story, Raelynn was in shock. “Yo.. That- that’s horrible, man. I feel like I owe you my story as well now.” She shrugged. There wasn’t much to tell, it wasn’t as interesting or as sad as his was. “I grew up in Texas, my mom is from South Korea. My dad is a little Korean, but he also grew up in Texas. I don’t have any siblings, either! My abilities showed up a few months ago, I guess I was a late bloomer,” she joked. It seemed like most kids developed a music-based ability at a younger age. Rae was always an avid music connoisseur, but never developed anything until she found a deep connection with COPYCAT.

“Uhhh, I guess I just copy shit? I’m not fast or strong or anything, but I can copy food, facial traits,and sometimes camouflage if I’m feeling good.” The girl didn’t think much of her abilities at all at this point, especially when seeing everyone else.
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

WilliamLi

Post by WilliamLi » Thu May 17, 2018 3:00 am

Trinsic walked by to the dorm sections of the academy with an idle step. He really didn't want to do much today after what he went through, so a good nap would probably do him some good.

As he walked by the ever so similar dorm room doors, he caught a whiff of something from one of them. Something absolutely familiar to him. Weed.

"Could we even bring that stuff here?", he pondered, before deciding to take a bold step, the smell already hitting him. he knocks on the door from whence the smell came from.

"Hello?"
Movie and music man.

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Thu May 17, 2018 3:11 am

Cole chuckled as Rae spoke, she had a really nonchalant way of saying things. He liked it.

"It's not that bad, I've learned to live with it over the years, but you can tell me yours if you want." Cole smiled as he took a drag off both the joints he had made after Rae declined his offer. She probably wasn't used to stuff like this, not many people were.

Cole furrowed his brow when Rae talked about her power "What the fuck are you talking about? That sounds awesome!" He turned to Rae, a genuine, almost childlike smile on his face. "You're telling me you can perfectly mimic things using nothing but your powers and you think that's nothing?" Cole took another drag of his joint before speaking again, "That sounds like a lot of bullshit to me. You seem like a cool chick. Sure you ran in with the wrong idea earlier but you were ready to defend your friend even if it meant going against powers that you think are better than yours." He stood and grabbed the box of weed, walking it over to his closet "Which they aren't by the way." He said as he placed the box back down, "Your power just isn't combat oriented, but that sounds awesome and like something I'd like to see some time." Cole said turning back to the girl, putting his hands in his pockets. He walked past Rae, closer to the door.

"Now, if you want I can show you how to get to class, but I ain't going in." He said as he reached one hand out palm up to help her up "Unless you wanna just wander around lost for a few hours, which is fine by me too." He said the last part with a sly grin

Just then he heard a knock at the door, "It's open!" Cole shouted. He had no idea who it could be but whatever. May as well let them in at this point if they're here.
Last edited by FakeSkrillex on Thu May 17, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WilliamLi

Post by WilliamLi » Thu May 17, 2018 3:20 am

"It's open!"

Well, Trinsic certainly wasn't expecting such a welcoming...welcome. He slowly opened the door, not quite unsure of what he would see.

Turns out, it wasn't all that abnormal, or whatever counts as abnormal here, just a tanned guy smoking with a girl in an orange sweater. This...completely mundane action actually calmed him somewhat. Mayhaps there are some normal people here after all. He decides to go for a take two of his introduction.

"Hey. Name's Trinsic. I'm...new here.", he said, trying to be casual.
Movie and music man.

KittycatCookie
Bronze

Post by KittycatCookie » Thu May 17, 2018 10:51 am

Mercy closed the door behind them as they entered her room, before sitting down on her bed, running her fingers through her own hair as she waited on Keith to sit down as well. Her blue eyes avoided his as she nearly got caught staring a little. A small smile adorned her face as the nerd sat next to Keith, keeping a careful distance to avoid embarrassment. The blonde knew that class was about to start, and knowing that she didn't have to go truly relaxed her. She didn't want to show up after her freakout anyways.. people probably thought the same they did a few years back. Mercy shook the thoughts off, knowing she at least had support this time. She definitely wanted to talk to Jae more.. but that could wait until after the classes, she supposed.
Love, Kitty!

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm

Rae raised her eyebrow when Cole told her that her ability was awesome. “Really? Well, uh, thank you!” She was honestly surprised he would say that. “I mean, I have to be touching the object or person, but maybe this school will help me develop them more.”

Raelynn stood up with him and nodded. “Yes, a walk to class would be perfect! I literally have no idea where I’m going,” she said and chuckled. Suddenly, there was a knock on me door and Cole let whoever it was in.

“Oh, hi,” the teenager waved half heartedly, pulling at her striped shirt. She didn’t say anything past that, letting Cole greet the guy instead of her. It was his room, after all.

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Fri May 18, 2018 12:01 am

Cole was still looking at Rae as she spoke “Well give it some time, my power is boring compared to that honestly. All I do is move fast.” He said with a laugh, finishing off the joint before tossing it out the window.

Once he had addressed Rae he turned to the new arrival in the room. Man, what is it with people here having colorful hair it was still a mystery to Cole. But whatever. He walked over to him with an outstretched hand and a warm smile “Nice to meet you man. My name’s Cole. Cole Dietz.” Everything that Cole said sounded so cheery, but he liked being nice.

He turned from the boy after greeting him and removed his shirt, tossing it into his basket in the corner of the room. It was covered in snot and tears from Remi and Mercy, so it was probably best to change. An old scar could be seen on his abdomen, it looked vaguely like a gunshot wound. He reached into his closet and tossed on a tan hoodie. The word ‘GOLF’ was the only design the sweater had. He looked at the two.

“Well if you guys wanna get to class I can show you the way,” he walked over to a small table next to the couch, opening a drawer that was filled with different THC cartridges, putting a fresh one in his pen and taking a puff b fire continuing “most people are in the same classes, with some differences depending on powers. But new kids usually start with the same classes.”

WilliamLi

Post by WilliamLi » Fri May 18, 2018 2:50 am

Sam gave a curt nod to the girl, before responding back to Cole's outstretched hand with his own, shaking it.

"Name's Sam, Sam Trinsic."

He made himself look casual by putting his hands back into his jacket pockets, his face a continuing smile. This was going much better. He raised an eyebrow, however, when Cole started removing his shirt out of nowhere. He grimaced as he saw the scar Cole had; he didn't like to think about such things.

His curiosity perked up when Cole mentioned the classes. "Oh, you guys are new as well?"
Movie and music man.

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Mon May 21, 2018 10:48 pm

Cole took a drag from his pen as he looked over at Rae, she seemed pretty spaced out. Maybe this stuff was a little to strong for someone like her.

"Trinsic. Trin-sic. TrinSIC. TRINsic." Cole started saying to himself before turning to Sam "It just doesn't roll off the tongue, y'know?" He said with a sly grin before taking another hit from his pen, walking over to Rae.

"Nah, I'm a senior, if you want to call it that" He said as he looked back at Sam before looking back at Rae "this little kite is new though, and something tells me she doesn't want to miss class." He said now speaking to Rae "Didn't know one hit would mess you up but I'll hold your hand going to class if it would help, maybe even a piggy back ride." His smile was ear to ear as he teased the girl.

Cole liked to think he was good with people, but maybe getting Mercy's roommate high on her second day here wasn't the best idea. I mean she had asked but still.

"If you don't want to miss class I would suggest you follow me, well, once I get her moving of course." Cole said as he nudged the girl, a small frustrated sigh came out of his mouth. "Alright, plan B." he said as he grabbed Rae and picked her up, using his powers to move faster than she could object Cole moved Rae so that she was hanging onto his back before he stood up and looked at same, Rae hanging on like a little backpack.

"Follow me." He said as he walked past Sam and out of the room.

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Mon May 21, 2018 11:27 pm

“Yep, I’m a newbie! I want to go home,” Rae stated plainly to Sam. She gave Cole a sort of stink eye. “I’m five feet tall and you gave me maybe the strongest weed in the universe. I’m gonna be a little affected,” she said with a chuckle. Luckily, the girl wasn’t that different high than she was normally. She was a little weirder, and less responsive. Since she was less responsive, it took her a few moments to realize that Cole had swung her over his back.

“Excuse me? Did I say you could just pick me up? I’m not that high, Prince Charming,” she joked, mildly irritated. The teenager hit his shoulder and wiggled off. Just because she was small didn’t mean someone should just yoss her onto their shoulders.