G.A.T.E.S Academy [RP]

FakeSkrillex

Re: G.A.T.E.S Academy [RP]

Post by FakeSkrillex » Mon May 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Octavia wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:31 am
Rae smirked and nodded lightly as she scanned the walls of Cole's room, filled with posters. She was impressed, their music taste's were pretty in-sync. Though, maybe he was a little more hardcore. "I get it, yeah. Coloring Book had a solid two bangers for me, though; Angels and Same Drugs." She moved in time with the music, getting into it. Like almost all kids in this school, she was obsessed with music. "I can get down to anything, you know? I love R&B and electronic alternative pop though. Any genre is a good genre, unless it's country! The only good country artist is Dolly Parton and I'm willing to fight over that," she joked.

"Ooh, SZA is good too!" she exclaimed, seeing his poster on the wall. "Her music is super meaningful, bopping, and she's also VERY hot." Raelynn wasn't afraid to admit that she found both girls and boys attractive, just like she wasn't afraid to express any opinion. The girl eyed whatever Cole was smoking, smirking a little. She was a rebellious teenager stuck in an academy without much room for rebellion, so when she saw the pens it piqued her interest.

"Yo, you can just carry THC pipes around and no one cares?" She knew her weed paraphernalia, at least she was an educated rebellious teen. "Don't the guards give you shit? I couldn't smuggle anything in without them taking it," she said, thinking back to when she first entered the building and had to be dragged in. They searched her bags, but thank the lord they didn't take her food.
Cole laughed as he noticed her looking around at his posters.

"Yeah I only really like rap as you can tell. I grew up on way different music but my taste just kind of moved away from it." He laughed at her comment on Dolly Parton "Yeah I'd say she gets a pass." a smile forming across his face. It was bright, almost welcoming in a way and just genuine.

He followed her eyes to the SZA poster, acknowledging her admiration for her music and her looks, laughing a little as she said it so casually, looks like this one was just as open as Cole was. Even with the whole 'guarded, don't mess with me attitude she tried to show.

"Hell yeah she is, her and Tinashe are just a different breed in my opinion." Cole said, his smile turning to a smirk as she noticed his pen.

"The pens are the only thing I can smoke out in the halls, doesn't leave a smell," he then pointed down and to the left of his couch where his bong was "I can smoke that one in here, or just roll a joint if I want." He grabbed the bowl from his bong and pulled a small garbage can over as he dumped any ash that was left in it "It's a long story having to do with my power and some... special circumstances with how I got here. I'll tell you if you want, don't talk about it much to be honest." He placed the bowl back in the bong and began packing the bowl full of a different strain he had (Skywalker OG, to be specific) before looking up at Rae.

"Well are you gonna make me smoke this on my own or are you gonna come over here?" He said patting the spot to his right "Besides, I'm gonna need a shoulder to cry on if I'm gonna tell you this story." He said with a smile
Last edited by FakeSkrillex on Tue May 15, 2018 12:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

WilliamLi

Post by WilliamLi » Mon May 14, 2018 3:47 pm

Trinsic waits for a reply, but it never comes.

Maybe he didn't hear it, or maybe he was too preoccupied with something else, or maybe he just didn't care. Either way, this was getting awkward.

He silently moves away, something he has far too much experience in. The commotion that was happening didn't seem to be stopping, but he really didn't care. He used it just to start a conversation anyways.

He slowly walks back to his dorm room, a smoothie in his hand and a song in his mouth. He sings to himself, being deliberately sure to not to be too loud. If somebody knows what he was singing and stops to talk with him, all the better, he supposes.

"The visions dancing in my mind, the early dawn, the shades of time,"

"Twilight crawling through my window-pane..."
Movie and music man.

Aldestion

Post by Aldestion » Mon May 14, 2018 5:01 pm

Ashai listened to her answer, and for a moment began to worry about what would happen to him. He didn't want to simply be sent to prison or a mental facility, he wanted out of this damned place, and to go back to his family. Poor of parents as they might have been, having someone was always better than being alone. He was snapped out of his trance however when it seemed his little experiment had worked. Nia's hair taking it's color back once more.

A huge grin broke out across the blonde boy's face as he gestured for her to take a look at her hair "What do you think Nia? Seems maybe I'm gonna be good for something after all." He joked, pleased that his first test had worked, and hoped he would be allowed to try to bring color back to the rest of her as well.

Why am I like this?
Happiness isn't around the corner...its in the corner

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Mon May 14, 2018 8:48 pm

Zeke watched as the stranger walked away, one eyebrow cocked. He shrugged, finishing off his soda and tossing it into a recycling bin as he walked out of the cafeteria, but as he did, he bumped into something, or someONE. He blinked, glancing down and noticing he had just walked into a very short, very young looking girl, and he helped her back to her feet, an apologetic look on his face. "Sorry about that ma'am. I didn't see you there. I guess I should have been paying more attention. Are you alright?"

He looked her over for any scrapes or noticeable injuries, noticing her auburn hair, and her big green eyes. She was clearly young, and she looked like the picture of innocence, and he couldn't help but feel guilty for bumping into her and knocking her over. He had a habit of not paying attention to where he was going, but he was normally good at not bumping into people. He must have had a real slip of focus to have done it for the first time in... what seemed like weeks.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Actual Trash

Post by Actual Trash » Wed May 16, 2018 9:09 am

Nia snapped out of her zone, abruptly remembering there was another person present as his voice broke through her thoughts. It wasn't hard to imagine why it was bizarre to her, having been on her own for the greater part of the past 5 years. Blinking, she followed his direction down to her hair, and her eyes snapped wide. She mouthed "What the..." as she pulled a lock over one shoulder, looking at it like it was the strangest thing in the world, despite her current life here, at a facility full of super powered teens.

Finally, Nia's gaze rose to his, and she blinked several times.

"How...? What..?" she tried, clearing her throat and glancing between her hair and him. "You're doing this?" she asked, the tone of surprise and wonder in her words evident. It wouldn't seem like much to other people, surely. But to Nia, who couldn't even remember what her own appearance had been with color, was understandably taken aback. And no small amount happy.

-<>-

Kang Jae Wook was, surprise surprise, lost. He'd managed to cool his head and sort his thoughts through his music, even writing the beginnings of a new song, and had decided to leave the room and go for a walk. Terrible idea really, given his track record. But, he just didn't seem to learn. Despite his predicament, he was in a rather good mood, strolling down the halls with his hands folded behind him, humming under his breath.

Then, finally, a sign of life. Up ahead, he spotted a strangely familiar head of brown ringlets. His brown eyes fluttered as he backtracked to just the day before, and a small smile of recognition lifted his mouth.

"Oh, hi there! Thank you again for the other day." he greeted, flicking the hair from his eyes with a twitch of his head as he came on a level with the petite figure. It was the somewhat snappy 'fairy' who had guided him, at least in a fashion, to the cafeteria after he first arrived.
The Rubbish has arrived!✨| Art Thread

Octavia
Silver

Post by Octavia » Wed May 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Rae laughed, nodding in agreeance with Cole’s statement on Tinashe and SZA. She listened to what he had to say about his smoking right as well.

“A long story, huh? Class starts in like, 10 minutes; so it better not be too long.” She walked over to his bong, hesitantly taking a hit. She didn’t want to be high off her mind for her first class, so moderation was important. The teenager wasn’t great at comforting people, so she hoped Cole’s soliloquy wasn’t a complete sob show.
can I get uhhhhh homosexuality

FakeSkrillex

Post by FakeSkrillex » Wed May 16, 2018 11:08 pm

Cole smirked as Rae walked over to him and grabbed the bong “This stuff is pretty strong so...” before he could finish talking she took a decent sized hit ‘well you’re just full of surprises’ he thought to himself.

He grabbed the bong and burnt the rest of weed that was left in the bowl before pulling out the head, the smoke shooting up through the pipe as Cole took a long inhale before blowing it into the air, the smoke vanishing almost immediately thanks to his fan in the corner.

“Well where do I start,” he said as he thought about his story “I was born in Englewood, it’s a shitty neighborhood in the Southside of Chicago. For a few years it was normal, Mom and Dad were happy together, my mom got pregnant again when I was about four. Then my Dad gets gunned down by some gangbanger one day. Guess that’s what happens when you’re a cop in a shit hole like that.” He chuckled a little as he pulled out a pre rolled joint he had next to him, lighting it and taking a puff before continuing “Just a few months later my mom had my sister. She named her Izabel. She was beautiful from the beginning." He took another drag "I was five at the time but I was in charge of watching most of the time while my mom worked two jobs just to put food on the table." He laughed a little "A five year old taking care of a new born. Life comes at you quick." He took another drag of the joint and held it out to Rae in case she wanted a hit.

"But whatever, fast forward through all of that shit. I turn twelve and my powers hit. Speed Burst is what they call it, I can move faster than the human eye can even perceive, but it also heightened my reflexes and gave me constant anxiety. Izabel was just seven at the time and I was getting more and more closed off, one day she convinced me to go for a walk, maybe she just wanted to spend time with me, maybe she missed how I used to be." He paused and sighed "Shit I don't know. But I wasn't paying attention to where we were going, and we stepped right in the middle of a drive by. I heard the shots and everything slowed down, I could see Izabel in the middle of all of it. She looked terrified. I tried to get to her but she was to far away. I watched in slow motion as three bullets tore through her."

Cole paused for a minute, pulling out another joint and lighting it up. This was the first time he was actually saying most of this out loud.

"A few weeks pass and some people approach me. They tell me that they'll take of my mom, that she'll never have to work another day in her life, if I came with them. There wasn't much thought to it. I needed her to be secure and safe, get enough money to get out of that place and build a better life." He took another drag and blew the smoke out, looking down at the ground "So I said yes, and they brought me here. It's been four years since I talked to my mom, but they've let me see pictures of her and she seems happy. She left the city and is living out somewhere on the West Coast. But they let me have this shit," he said holding up the joint "because my anxiety is worse than any recorded case in human history, without it I'm useless."

He looked down at the still burning joint between his fingers and watched it burn slightly before taking another deep inhale.

"You can head to class if you want. I'll be here. Not really in the mood to see other people right now." He gave a little huff as he laughed slightly, he was such a little bitch. "If you want my door is always open. Feel free to stop by anytime."

Veilstar
Gold

Post by Veilstar » Wed May 16, 2018 11:27 pm

Remi felt the weird happiness coursing through her body over something that seemed a little strange at the moment. She what she said didn't really make much sense with how little the two know about each other and the fact they only just met. Jocelyn was kind and she wanted to be with someone who would be kind to her through all this. The redhead was friendly to her atleast and she kinda liked the teasing depsite the way it made her burn up. Rem was always a weird one so did a little more weirdness hurt anything really? The mononed girl hugged her friend and nuzzled her a tiny bit as she had her back rubbed. Just that feeling made the weird happiness flood her body. It didn't feel like normal happiness but did that matter either? Happiness was happiness, it didn't matter if it felt weird in any way right.

The time was lost to her but it slowly came back as she enjoyed her little moment. Having a chance was much better than someone flat out saying no they didn't. Once her cheeks cooled down and her mind stopped freaking out she looked up to Jocelyn slowly. Part of her still had a fear of looking people in the eyes because of her power." Cla...classes will...will umm..be sta...starting soon...could you maybe...help me find it..?" Remi had her gentle and sweet tone as she stared up the redhead. She didn't know the school as it was only her second day here, plus it wasn't like anyone gave her a map.
Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.

databaseoverload
Bronze

G.A.T.E.S Academy [RP]

Post by databaseoverload » Thu May 17, 2018 12:19 am

Keith had gotten his phone and a bottle of water by the time Mercy came back. “Yeah, I’ve got it.” He left the room with her, laughing at the comment. “To be fair, I give them plenty of trouble with other things.”

The thing about this school was, they only did the unspeakable to new students. For some reason, after a few months, you would be safe. Keith didn’t know why, but old students never “transferred” which made sense because if you were going to transfer schools, you would do it early, but still, some people seemed perfectly happy here when they left. He knew it wasn’t their choice.

Anyway, that essentially meant Keith knew they couldn’t do too much more to him. They already cut his back open once, what could they do that was worse other than kill him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marie fell back, absolutely terrified of this tall guy. People in Las Vegas didn’t always have the best intentions. No, not that one. Las Vegas, New Mexico. It’s not great, but not the worst. It can be a bit sketchy sometimes.

Marie assumed this place might be the same. Maybe if she weren’t so scared she might erase this from his mind, but she was just looking at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Angelica wrinkled her nose at the sight of the idiot from yesterday. He couldn’t seem to take any sort of social cues, especially those meaning “get the fuck away from me!”

“What do you want now?” Angelica rolled her eyes, continuing to walk. She didn’t care if she ended up leaving him. In fact, that would be ideal.
Last edited by databaseoverload on Thu May 17, 2018 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t hold your breath for me
But watching you turn blue would be comforting

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Thu May 17, 2018 12:39 am

Jocelyn let out a little groan, rolling her eyes, only half playing. "Classes are today? You want to know a secret little doll? No one really cares if we go to classes, so long as we aren't getting in trouble. The 'professors' are jerks here, who want to turn people into 'good little boys and girls' and I can't stand it. I don't often go at all. Do you REALLY want to go, or do you want to just hang out here? I can take you to class if you want, but I'll be skipping it either way."

Zeke looked concerned as Marie stayed silent and frozen. He hesitated, glancing around, and murmuring to himself, "Christ..... Uh.... What Do I do?" He then turned back to Marie and he crouched in front of her so he could be eye to eye with her, "Hey there. Are you ok? I didn't hurt ya, did I?" He did his best to give a friendly, relaxed grin. "I promise, I'm not scary if that's what you're worried of. You seem like a good kid, you got nothing to be worried about." He placed a hand on his chest, "Name's Ezekiel, but call me Zeke. What's ya name?"
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him