Aurelia vs. Ipsum (Xylohem)

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Re: Aurelia vs. Ipsum (Xylohem)

Post by Xylohem » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:27 am

As Lysandra began to lean her head back to drink the hot liquid, Malakh watched her with a smile of mixed emotions. Pride, concern and humor washed over his smile as he examined how she drank the hot chocolate. While watching her drink the liquid down, a question arose in his mind as she didn't spill a single drop. "How... That... Well, she comes from a powerful family but... The heat should affect her at least..." Gently he placed a hand on her shoulder and chuckled. "You must be a pro." Vanessa seemed to eye Lysa for a moment as her mind rattled through similar questions to Malakh's. Though she was much better at hiding her curiosity, unlike her friend. Mal looked at the other motion of someone taking down the hot liquid. As the hot chocolate splashed over Nash, Malakh laughed and nodded his head to his newer friend. "I know it sucks but it's better than spilling beer on your shirt." Drew chuckled and began to laugh as he remembered Mal's look back when he spilled his first drink on himself.

After placing his bass and amp in the trunk of his father's car and locking it, Malakh returned to the group as they stood near Josh's van. Vanessa quickly hugged Lysandra and smiled. "We should have a party!" Drew nodded his head and took out his phone to check it. "Yeah! Let's do a party or something! We could all go get some drinks and everything!" Malakh pointed at Drew and smirked. "See, it was on you! You did want to get that beer!" Quickly Drew and Mal burst into a teasing argument over the story that had been told before. Josh rolled his eyes and closed the rear doors to his van as the other instruments were finally placed inside. Tenderly Vanessa squeezed Lysa in her arms. "Please a party, please!" Giving her a look like that of a crying puppy, Vanessa held back a laugh as Malakh took some snow from the ground and threw it at Drew's face.

This burst out into a snowball fight between the pair of friends. Drew jumped behind Josh's van and prepared a snowball to launch at Malakh's face. Mal dashed to a medium sized snow mound and ducked behind it as Josh threw the projectile. As the snowball flew it was aimed at Malakh, though he moved too quickly and the cold ball hit Vanessa in the back. "Oh! You little shit! DREW!" Vanessa let go of Lysandra. Quickly she ran her lithe hand over a pile of snow near her. Crunching the snow into a compact ball she threw it at Drew who ducked behind the van. As the ball hit the van, Josh chuckled and looked at Vanessa. "Oh, you will get it now!" Josh dashed behind his van and Drew handed his friend a snowball. The battle had begun.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:41 am

Lysandra typically wasn't one for partying, especially since she never went to a party before, but she knew that Malakh and Nash could help her if something went wrong. Both had her back: the younger when someone kicked wrong in Martial Arts a few weeks ago and broke her nose, the elder for everything else. The band was new to the fray, but she could trust them. "I'm down, but if there's any alcohol, watch me since I haven't drank before now." The puppy dog look had been the last straw, and it made her crumble and give in to throwing a party. It was her way of letting loose after Mariana had kept her under wraps, and if anything happened, grandma was a call away. "Where are we...?" It was at that moment when Vanessa was hit with a snowball, and Nash joined the girls to give them a fighting chance.

Lysandra and Nash made the choice to build a barrier, and the way that they built it up showed that they were close despite how little time they knew each other. "Watch Vanessa, I'll give you guys more ammo. Also, she knows already that Malakh is most vulnerable to attack when he reloads. Get him when his back is turned." A quick nod later, Malakh was pelted every single time by him in the back. She had made the snowballs immaculate, and for some reason, they felt harder than normal even with her gloves being what touched the snow. "These feel like they could be ice, and it's not even five degrees out." He muttered it under his breath, and she only shrugged as she handed him another snowball. She had seen the tattoo on her beast friend's back, and she was going to ask for the money to get it done on her back in silver rather than in night like his. Maybe it was time to get it, and grandma was more than willing to do anything for Lysa.

"Look out!" One of Drew's snowballs managed to hit Lysandra in the head, and he must've thrown it at full force because it knocked her to the ground despite her years of training hardening her. "Ah, fuck..." She touched her head gently, wincing slightly, and that was when Nash yelled for a cease-fire. Grabbing one of the snowballs she made, he tenderly held it to her head. "I'm not fragile..." Her voice was soft, and despite having an edge to it, the same ring didn't affect him as it would anyone else due to his training as a volunteer EMT. "No headshots, and the party is going to wait until she's better." She had closed her eyes at this point, and it was at that moment she felt where she was hit warming up slightly as the pain receded. Empathy... Lysa had no idea why that word appeared in her head, but the pain was gone, so she pushed Nash away before either of them could try anything.

"Too close, especially your face." Lysa felt her face heat up, and as much as she would've liked to see Nash as more than a friend, she had to figure out how she felt about Malakh first. "I'm doing better now, so it's back on. Just make sure I'm home by ten, okay?"
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

Xylohem
Intermediate Mod

Post by Xylohem » Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:38 am

As Malakh launched his compact projectiles at Josh and Drew, he felt the sharp pain of icy snow slam into his back. "Damn it! Three vs. two vs. one isn't a fair fight!" He called from behind his small barrier. Though that didn't stop Vanessa from laughing and pelting him with a snowball she made when he came up to throw one at Nash. The ball hit him at his clavicle, while another ball was thrown at him by Nash nailing the young man in the gut. Malakh choked out a curse as he released shot only to quickly duck behind his cover again. The snowy projectile didn't even come close to hitting Nash, though Drew and Josh began to pick of the slack. Launching their snowballs at Lysandra, Nash, and Vanessa the pair chuckled as it was all an enjoyable game. Laying behind his barrier Mal took a few deep breaths and stood once more to launch an attack against Josh who had begun to peek around the other side of the van. As he stood a harsh pain hit his side, though this snowball seemed to be a bit icier than the other Lysandra was making. It probably had ice in it beforehand, as when it hit his side the pain reminded him of being hit with a paintball pellet at close range. Ducking down once more he prepared another snowball and was too distracted to notice the tender heat that licked down from the side of his gut inside of his dark clothes.

As soon as Lysa fell and Nash called the game to a halt, Drew dropped what he was doing and ran over to see what he had done. Vanessa looked at Lysandra's wound. "You took one nasty fall, Lysandra. If I had taken a hit like that I'd be very upset." The woman gave a frustrated glance at Drew who quickly held his hands up. Malakh and Josh moved from their positions and went over to see Lysa. Yet as Mal approached he smirked looking down at her. "You took that like a badass Lysa." Mal held a hand down to her to help her return to her feet. A smile formed on his lips, but it was not one of concern or relief. The smile held a tender sense of love, with a deeper feeling of joy. "Don't worry, you'll be home by then. I swear it."

After helping Lysa to her feet, Drew held a hand out to her extending an olive branch. "Peace negotiations?" Though his tone was apologetic, it carried with it a lavish amount of humor. Vanessa gently brushed the snow from herself and pulled out her phone to check the time. It took a moment for Mal to remember to release his hold on Lysa's hand and when he did he attempted to casually stroll over to Josh. The pair began to talk about where the group may want to go that would be exciting and inviting. Holding up her phone, Vanessa looked at Lysandra. "I don't mean to act like a stupid person but Mal never mentioned when your birthday is." She seemed prepared to mark something on her phone, which meant to Mal, Drew, and Josh, that she was more than serious about the party.