Aurelia vs. Ipsum (Xylohem)

Xylohem

Re: Aurelia vs. Ipsum (Xylohem)

Post by Xylohem » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:05 am

(Bump.)
Your secret is safe with my indifference.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:57 am

(My muse was shot over the past few days, and I just managed to get this up. Also, meet the rival for Lysa that will eventually play a key role in the future, and I forgot to mention that right now is part one, aka Discovery. I'll tell you when we reach part two, and there are three major parts total. If you want a better explanation, just pm me.)

Vanessa was the kind of girl Lysandra wanted to be: strong, confident, and dauntless when it came to her talents. She had a voice that could soothe anyone, and yet it was clear that she was a bit envious of her. "Wow, you guys have a great taste in style. Whose idea was it to go gothic?" Her style had an alternative edge to it, and yet she was afraid to even get up on the stage if Malakh was absent from the crowd. "I have a feeling you guys are going to do great, and unless Mal has any objections, I'm going to blend into the crowd. I'll be up front, and I think I saw a friend from tech school in the crowd if he asks where I went." She quickly disappeared from them, and it was at that moment when she realized that his bandmates all had a certain...energy around them that she only felt around her best friend, Mariana, and her grandmother. Not unusual, but still something she wasn't used to. Lysa quickly appeared after a few minutes right where she could both see the band and be seen by them, and right beside her was a guy she had been seen hanging out with from time to time alongside Mal with earthy hair, cream colored skin, and eyes that matched his hair: Nash Ryder, a guy who braved the weather to see if his friend was out, and nobody noticed that he had an alabaster streak in his hair that told everyone who wasn't human that he was really a powerful dragon that had mimicked the powers of both the Aurelia Magnum and the Ipsum Caecus: a white dragon.

Whenever a white dragon appeared, that meant something was going to happen to a specific being, and Nash's birth meant the Aurelia and Ipsum were going to face off once and for all.

"Lysandra Smith, are you here to see Flight of the Amaranth Wolves? I never thought you knew of their music in the first place." Nash was the guy who was abrasive and tough, but he had a soft spot for Lysandra when he noticed her scar. "Are you kidding me Nash? Malakh's the bassist, though he never let me hear him in the band. I thought you only listened to pop and rap anyway." The senior from another school just shook his head before explaining that she got him into rock when he heard her singing on the way to Martial Arts during tech school, which took her away from school for half the day. He never even cared until she finally showed him the good in that genre. "Well, we better watch the band, and keep your arm off me. I don't need people thinking we're together like the last time we hung out in public." People had mistaken both of the guys as her boyfriend, but she had reminded those people that she was only a friend, though both had appeared dumbfounded at her words at the time. "Alright, but you know what? I wish you would get a boyfriend, or a girlfriend if you're into women. I'll even be your wingman if Mal hasn't taken that position yet." She shook her head at his words, but at the same time, she knew her best friend was the guy for her, and Ryder...he never had a chance from the start. I wish she would pick me over Malakh, mainly because I can protect her better than he ever could. What the fuck... Nash...? Lysa dismissed the thoughts as just her imagination, and she knew that it was only a matter of time until she cracked from what's been going on today.
"It's only a nightmare, and soon we'll be set free." - NateWantsToBattle

Xylohem

Post by Xylohem » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:51 pm

(I'm sorry for being annoying. I didn't mean to disturb you. And will do.)

Being praised for their style choice, Drew pointed to himself and Vanessa shook her head. "You're such a liar Drew, and you know it!" Jason chuckled and continued to move forward as Malakh, Drew, and Vanessa waved Lysandra farewell. "Just don't get too crazy, Mal would be lost if he didn't see you out there to cheer him on." Drew's words earned him an elbow in the ribs from Malakh who also gave him a glare. A tender ray of pink grazed Mal's cheeks as he nodded to Lysa. When she vanished into the sea of people, Vanessa lifted the cooler like there was nothing inside of it. "Honestly, if you like her..." Malakh moved to the backstage quickly keeping his eyes down and mouth shut. The remaining pair looked at each other with pity for their friend. As the band prepared, Jason made it clear what their first song would be. "We have to start big, so let's do a classic." Vanessa nodded and smirked. "Back in Black, right?" Drew gave a high-five to Vanessa while Malakh nodded his head. "Yeah, but I think we should also have a special afterward." Malakh had no idea what the trio was planning, but he would be more than stunned. Vanessa, Drew, and Jason smiled wickedly as their plan was to be set in motion. Vanessa quickly went to Malakh, the air around him became still and suddenly his body locked into place. Being caught unaware and unprepared, the spell worked its way into his mind as Vanessa whispered to him. "You're going to sing Miss Murder after the first song. Right?" Slowly Malakh nodded as his brain complied. With a quick hug, the stillness broke and he shook his head. "Break a leg." Releasing him, Vanessa went to her spot and smiled to the rest of the band.

A few minutes had passed and quickly a hype-man came out to the center stage. Preparing the crowd with cheering roars and deafening cries of the band's name. Eventually, the curtains parted and displayed the band in their set positions. The image of an amaranthine wolf head with beautiful white wings was displayed on Vanessa's kick drum. Tapping her drumsticks together the band began to play Back In Black. The crowd burst into an uproar as the song began to kick in. As the song continued all members of the band seemed to become animated, including Malakh. Though Malakh seemed to refrain from moving too much as he picked at his bass strings. But that didn't stop Drew and Jason from walking the stage and making it their own personal playground. During the chorus, Jason would often turn the mic to the crowd as they shouted out the lyrics back to the performers.

The time seemed to fly as the band played one of their favorite songs to cover. When the song came to an end the crowd let out cries for more to which Jason responded. "Welcome everyone! How are you all tonight?!" Another shout came from the crowd and Vanessa spoke on her microphone. "Oh come on! You can do better!" The cries became louder for a moment and Jason nodded his head in delight. "Alright! Well, we started with one of my own personal favorites. So how about we do another?!" This earned another roaring cheer as Jason turned to his bandmates. Vanessa looked to Malakh and smiled mischievously. "Whats your favorite Mal?" Lowering his head Mal raised his hands and the crowd cried out with eager anticipation. "Don't throw me under the bus guys." Drew chuckled and pointed off stage. Quickly a microphone was retrieved for Malakh and he shrugged. "Well, I enjoy Miss Murder." Once more the crowd cried out with joy and excitement and Vanessa spoke up. "Why don't you sing it?" Malakh was about to refuse when he felt his lungs seemingly run out of breath. "Sure..." His mind raced with fear and anxiety as he truly didn't want to sing. But most in the crowd didn't see his nervousness as they all cheered. Before he could do, or say anything, the new song began.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:59 am

(Finally managed to get a post up, and my work week has left me exhausted most days, so I can no be on every day.)

When the music began, Aurelia couldn't believe that she was finally getting to hear Malakh play before an audience besides her. If she had his courage, she'd have joined the band when he first said that he was forming it, but her anxiety had stopped her in her tracks. She was content standing in the crowd with Nash as he had been the rock she needed at tech school, but her best friend was the one she knew best. There had been times when she saw him jump because of something his mind might have seen, but she just assumed that it was just remembering when his dog had died before they met. Yet when the music ended, she noticed that something had happened to him when he was asked to sing Miss Murder, a song she had covered on piano back when they were first learning the song. Mal had agreed to sing it, and Lysa knew damn well that he never sang in front of anyone at any cost.

He had to be under a spell, or today just had to be a crazy dream.

Miss Murder was a song about suicide, and while the guy next to her was unaware of it, Lysandra had considered it. There were times she had told Malakh that she considered ending her life, most of those times within the first year after her ex-stepfather had finally been removed from her life, and she was always brought out of those thoughts by him playing for her as a reminder that there were reasons to stay alive. After the last time, she played the piano when the thoughts returned to dispel them, or she converted a song to piano so that she could eventually play it on one. Nobody at tech school besides Nash had heard her play, but they had all heard her sing. A slip on her part, and it was because of a project that they also learned of her dance skills, but it was harder for them to hear her sing than it was to see her dance. Lysa cheered the loudest when the song ended, shocked that Mal could even sing that well, and she gave her signal for encouragement, a peace sign being waved twice, whenever he felt that he couldn't continue before finally flashing the signal for seriously, which was technically what in sign language.

It was after the performance that Lysandra managed to bring Nash with her as she went backstage again, and she hugged Malakh while giving the biggest smile she could manage. "Mal, you and your band...you're amazing!" The guys were already somewhat familiar with each other, having ran into each other at least once when they went ice skating nearly a year ago, which caused her to fall due to the distraction and failing to notice a deep groove in the ice. It was the first time she was ever asked if they were together, and it shocked everyone when she said no since they had assumed that she was already dating her best friend because of how much she talked about him. "Yeah, great performance. I had no idea that you were even Lysa knew anyone in the band until she told me today. I'm Nash, by the way." He quickly introduced himself to the rest of the group, and he stiffened when he approached Mal. "I'm glad she has a friend like you in her life." Lysa noticed how cold he sounded, yet he sounded jealous alongside that, but she let it slide. She knew that she had to pick one of them eventually, but today wasn't the day that she was supposed to make that choice.

Xylohem

Post by Xylohem » Sun Feb 25, 2018 7:29 am

(Don't worry about posting every day. I understand having a busy work schedule. Just post when you can and don't feel like you have to. It'll be fine if you forget about this RP, I won't be upset knowing you are busy.)

When the curtains covered the band, Malakh glared at Vanessa who was quickly shielded by both Josh and Drew. "Seriously? You seriously did that to me?" Vanessa sighed and went to him with a look of pity. "You needed a kick in the pants." As his anger and frustration rose, a shadow began to lick the tips of his fingers. Josh swiftly took Malakh by the arm and separated the group for a moment. "Ok, time to chill off. Just take a few breaths and don't let it control you." It took a moment for him to notice the shadows that had begun to climb up his arm. Malakh brushed off his arm in haste and fear as Josh tried to calm his friend. "She did it because she wanted you to look your best for Lysandra." When the shadows receded, Malakh sighed and shook his head. "There's no way in Hell Lysa would even be remotely safe with me, and this disease."

After a couple moments, the group eventually came together for a group hug. Which abruptly broke as Lysandra and Nash walked backstage. Tenderly Malakh hugged Lysa back, keeping his hold gentle. Once she heard the remark, Vanessa chuckled and quickly put herself between Malakh and Lysandra. "Why thank you, but I mean it's not fair if only he gets hugs." She teased as Malakh was introduced to Nash. Upon hearing the cold tone, Malakh smiled kindly and shook Nash's hand firmly. "Thanks for coming Nash, and in truth, my life would suck if I didn't have Lysa as a friend." Josh smiled happily though kept a close eye on Malakh as Vanessa seemed determined to try and pull Lysandra out of the testosterone filled zone. "You two boys can play, 'Who gets the girl' after we have all had some of Malakh's Mom's hot chocolate."

As Malakh began to turn to go get some hot chocolate he spotted Drew filling up a cup by tipping the cooler a bit off of the table it was set on. The young man let out a string of curses as he sprinted to his friend's side. "No no, stop you damn idiot! You're going to spill it all!" Vanessa chuckled as Josh stood shaking his head at Drew's behavior. "Yo, chill. I won't spill." Yet as Drew finished his comment the cooler slipped from his grip. Though Malakh was prepared and quickly caught the cooler before it landed on the floor. Lifting the cooler back to the table Malakh glared at Drew how shrugged and laughed. It took Malakh a few moments the fill a few cups for everyone that didn't have one.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:00 am

When Vanessa pulled her away from the guys, Lysandra could literally feel the tension fade as she left the group of guys. It was as if a weight was lifted from her shoulders, and she breathed a sigh of relief once she was far enough away. "What did you mean by 'Who Gets the Girl' Vanessa?" The trauma from her past made her a bit naive when it came to guys being interested in her, but she knew that neither of the guys had any idea that she was questioning the kind of people she was attracted to. Yes, Malakh was the one who was there for the worst moments of her life to get her through them, but Nash had the strength to defend her since the beginning. She even felt as though her life had been crazy since the start. Her memories of her father were hazy at best, and it never helped that the only real father figure had tried to kill her when she was ten. "You know what, even if I did have feelings for either of them... I'm not sure who would be better for me. They have their quirks, but deciding between them is difficult." It was the first time Lysa ever admitted to having feelings for either of the guys, but without a solid middle man to take examples from, relationships were a nightmare to navigate for her.

When Drew nearly spilled the got chocolate, Lysandra noticed how her anger flared up as if a match had met a form of accelerant, and it cooled faster than water dousing said flame. Strange how that was the first analogy to come to mind, but she brushed it off before finally taking her cup. It was nearly cold when she took it, but it heated right up when she touched it. One sip told her that it was heated to perfection, and Mrs. S's hot chocolate was to die for in her opinion. Nothing was better for winter days like this, and then something came over Lysa for a second.

Something was going to happen, and maybe it was going to force her to choose between the guys no matter what was going to happen.

Xylohem

Post by Xylohem » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:19 am

Waving a hand in front of her face teasingly Vanessa smiled as she responded. "Oh, it's nothing, just boys being boys, trying to impress a girl they like." Glancing at Nash and Malakh, Vanessa's smile seemed to grow brighter. "But don't worry, if you need help keeping them at bay, you've got me. After all, I've kept Drew at bay for nearly five years." Drew gave Vanessa a sorrowful glance, which earned him a giggle from the young woman. She seemed incredibly bright and happy, despite the darkness that had nearly been unleashed upon her. Tenderly she wrapped her arm around Lysandra's shoulders after she admitted her possible feelings. "Don't worry hon, you won't have to make that choice too quickly. They'll both be around for a while I'm betting." Vanessa gave Lysa a reassuring smile as she watched her. There was something that drew Vanessa to Lysandra, and it wasn't just the fact that Vanessa was bisexual. But it was something that caused her nature to attempt to follow the young woman.

Moving back to the group, Malakh passed Josh as he went to speak to Drew. Quietly Drew and Josh began to speak, their breaths barely passing over their lips as the whispers deafened the silence near them. Though the main group couldn't hear the words spoken by Josh, yet the concern in Josh's eyes was obvious. Something had passed through his senses when Nash had struck out at Malakh with his dagger words. Yet as they discussed and tried to calm themselves, Malakh held a cup of hot chocolate to Nash. "Here, any friend of Lysa's is a friend of mine." With a smile, Malakh held himself with kindness as he held an olive branch out to the seemingly young man. There was no sense or intention for anything other than kindness in Malakh's words and unspoken language. But the dark disease the young man held recognized a danger before it's user. In the deepness of Malakh's body, the chilling shadows tenderly grazed their touch along his arms and moved toward his chest. Though Malakh felt the chill and recognized the strange comfort that came with it. Closing his eyes, he quickly shook his head and forced the void to disperse from within his body. As the shadows began to fall away, they left a sense of concern within the young man's mind.

"What the hell is going on?..." Malakh's eyes opened once more to see Nash before him, and still he held the gesture of peace and friendship out to the being that he thought could've triggered his darkness to well inside of him.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Sun Mar 11, 2018 11:19 pm

Nash took the cup of hot chocolate hesitantly from Malakh, and it was clear that he was behaving for Lysandra's sake. Yes, he had the capacity to give off his emotions with enough intensity to force reactive powers to manifest in some way, but he made it clear to his parents that because he had a feeling he found the Aurelia Magnum that he would wait to reveal what he was until had found the Ipsum Caecus. It was the safest way to make sure that both would be clueless to what he really was, but those with awakened powers would guess that he wasn't human. His friend was the reason he had ever decided to leave his last girlfriend, Marissa, and she was blissfully unaware that he was anything inhuman. The few times that he had been over, he realized that her grandmother was clairvoyant, and he asked her if she had seen anything related to who her granddaughter would end up with. The only answer Nash had received was that he would play a part in the fight that she would eventually have to partake in, but she would be torn between him and Mal for a future partner.

Now he knew who Mal really was, and yet Nash was still clueless as to why his family was marking the important events in supernatural history.

Vanessa's words were exactly what Lysandra needed to hear, and she let go of the breath that she hadn't even realized that she was holding when Nash took the cup from Malakh. It was becoming clear to her that her best friend was more than just someone who watched her go from a lanky little girl to a young woman who had a scar that defined her as having faced a tragedy before emerging from it stronger, but what he was supposed to be was becoming hazy. The younger guy was the one who had stood up for her when she appeared to be crumbling under the pressure, and yet was more than willing to spar against her when nobody else would. The band was going to be helpful, but whatever was going to happen, she needed to make that choice. She was offered a job at the studio that her friend was training at, and it took until she was in tech school for her to finally recognize him since they were the brightest students from their classes. Lysa then pulled out her phone to find texts from Mariana, and they were all about her flipping shit because she was hanging out with Mal, which was prompting her to scream at her through text to come home.

To Mariana: I'm not just hanging out with Mal, Nash is here with us, and cut the fucking act to get me home faster. I'll be back before curfew, and nothing's going to happen to me.

Mariana was freaking out, and it was because while she was attempting to bind the books once more with no success, she felt as though evil had just entered Lyons once more. The last time she had felt that way, her Ipsum twin had been in town, and the two of them had been at a standstill when they last fought. That inadvertently caused them to link emotionally, and time had passed since that first fight. Her Ipsum twin was known as Axeila Dean, and her inability to kill her had caused the rift despite the training to make that possible. Knowing how it had went with her own mother, she had to have a daughter born the same day as Lysandra, and if her luck ran out, the two of them were in danger. If Axeila is back in town, give me the strength to finish what I should've ended years when we finally cross paths. She hadn't practiced in years, and in an act of pride, she refused to relay her thoughts to her mother. Mari was certain that she would be able to defeat Axe this time, but it would be a mistake that would allow for Lysa to find out who she was supposed to become had it not been for her own mother.

Xylohem

Post by Xylohem » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:48 am

Malakh was about to sip his hot chocolate when Vanessa looked at him with a teasing smirk. "Shot." Raising a brow, Malakh's gaze wandered to her and she nodded. Drew and Josh walked back to the group and smiled wildly when they heard this. "Do it!" Cried Drew and some of the crew behind the stage, who held their own cups of hot chocolate waited for the show. Pursing his lips, the young man looked around and shook his head. Placing a hand on the bottom of his plastic cup, he tested the heat of the liquid and nodded his head. "Drink. Drink. Drink. Drink," The chant began to rise as Malakh straightened his spine preparing for the strange ritual that had spawned from a dare. Raising the warm cup, Malakh grumbled and took a step away from everyone just in case. Quickly he brought the cup to his lips and drank the entire glass. The warm liquid scalded his throat as he quickly downed the drink. While the first time they had done this it was with a liquid that burnt even if it was chill, this time the warm drink was just hot enough to make him tear up slightly. A bit of the hot chocolate dripped down his cheeks and gathered under this chin dripping on his shirt. Vanessa, Josh, Drew, and most of the backstage crew cheered in celebration as Malakh finished the drink. Drinking in a cool breath, the mild air chilled his mouth and throat as he shook his head and wiped the drink from his cheeks and chin with the back of his hand. Taking a few more gasping breaths he barely caught sight of Drew and Josh as they quickly followed Malakh's example. "Why did you have to call it?" Laughing happily, Vanessa moved from Lysa's side and raised her cup. "For the tradition!" Drew and Joshed seemed to finish their drinks as Vanessa started to down hers. Though as she started some of the crew joined her.

Malakh looked at Lysandra and raised a hand. "Ok, storytime. Our second performance, a couple years ago, we did a warm-up for another band and they brought drinks. And Drew grabbed some of them and brought them over to us," Quickly Drew pointed at Mal and shook his head. Taking in a gasp of air, Drew walked over to him and waved his finger. "No! No, just no. I didn't do that, you did that. It was you, you told me to grab the drinks!" Josh quickly jumped in and moved in between Mal and Drew. "The truth. Nope, time for the truth. So, we were all messing around and Mal jokingly told Drew he should grab some drinks for shits and giggles. Drew took the dare and grabbed four bottles. When the crew saw, they brought us a couple plastic glasses. But Drew dared me to drink an entire cup full. And because of that, I chose to yell, 'Shot!" and take it all down." Joining into the story, Vanessa nodded and pointed at Josh as she looked from Nash to Lysandra. "He drenched his shirt with beer cause he could barely drink it, and then Drew thought it was funny to take a beer shower so he joined in and dared Mal and I to do the same thing and after Drew did it, we both did it as well." Drew, Mal, and Josh began to laugh as they remembered the day and the time after they finished the drinks.

Vanessa's smile was still bright as she gave a high-five to Josh while they continued to laugh. "Neither of you need to join into the chaos. It burns like hell." Her words here kind as she looked to Nash and Lysa. Though there was a dare hidden deep in her eyes as she glanced from one to the other.

Light-Witch

Post by Light-Witch » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:58 am

After hearing the story for the origins of "Shot" as the band had called it, Lysandra knew that Malakh was telling the truth about the day he came back from a performance drenched in beer. It had been a dare, and she was forced to get him a change of clothes without worrying his parents, and that had gone perfect. Now, it was hot chocolate, and Vanessa had silently dared both her and Nash to take a shot of their cups. Knowing she wouldn't hear the end of it if she refused, the young woman brought the cup to her lips before tilting her head back to finally start drinking it. It burned, and while it had been difficult to do so, it was a miracle when everyone saw that none had spilled all over her, but that wasn't the strangest part. Lysa had no visible reaction to the heat from the drink, and it was a subtle sign that her powers were reawakening due to how she would've made a mess and complained of burning her tongue any day before now due to the block.

Nash, seeing how Lysandra had effortlessly done the impossible, took a shot of the hot chocolate with disastrous results. He spilled it everywhere, and it soaked through to get his shirt. It was going to be one hell of a story, but at least he could finally say that he met Malakh to their instructors. He watched as she took on a more motherly approach to cleaning things up for them, but he had a question for the elder guy that had always troubled him: who had attacked her to the extent that her face was scarred that much? It was brushed off as someone from the past, but her tone implied that it wasn't a stranger. Nash decided to keep the question to himself for now, and it wasn't going to hurt to befriend Mal, that's for sure.

By the time they cleared out of the theatre, Lysandra could see that the guys had found a common interest that made them hit it off, and it was clear that they were on good terms now. "Any plans for the big eighteenth birthday Lysa?" Aside from the fact that her birthday was coming up, everyone besides her best friend, the guy she befriended in tech school, and her grandmother knew that focusing on the Christmas aspect of her birthday was a costly move for trying to keep a friendship. She could go clubbing, stay with the guys, or just be content with getting guilt tripped into staying in because Mari wanted her out of the public eye. Everyone knew that she was being scouted by colleges and studios alike, but there was one she ever wanted to join that managed to contact her and the band: Give Heart Records, a newer label that was started in California. The style matched them both, and she said that she would have an answer by Christmas for signing. "Aside from calling back everyone who was scouting me all year, it's open to whoever wants to spend it with me." A nervous chuckled escaped Lysa as she spoke, and calling back the scouts was more than just easy considering the deals she was offered by some.