[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

God Of The North
Bronze

Re: [RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by God Of The North » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 pm

Elessar took a deep puff off of his pipe, and he glanced at Tarroc, "It's said your kind can block evil magics, especially magic related to death. Any chance that's true?" Tarroc raised an eyebrow, looking at Elessar and he groaned as if he were in pain, or at least uncomfortable. "Out blood isn't magical, but it does contain far more life energy than the blood of most entities due to our connection to the First Mother so many creatures believe it DOES have magical abilities."

He glanced at the twins and he raised an eyebrow, "You two seem uncomfortable. I can try to anoint your foreheads with my blood to dull or negate the effects of that magic. I can't make any promises though, as I've never tried that with an elemental host before. Arthur and Pandora are from this realm, but elemental spirits aren't. My connection to the First Mother may do nothing for you. It can't hurt to try though, I suppose if you wish."

Tarroc suddenly groaned again, seeming almost like he was in pain, or at least extremely uncomfortable. He rotated his shoulders a few times, and as he did, the sound of tendons and bones snapping and breaking and joints popping in and out of place filled the air around them. Tarroc groaned slightly louder, and as he did the sound of flesh tearing like wet tissue paper filled the air, and the smell of blood became clear, coming from Tarroc. It was a horrifying series of sounds, but luckily it wasn't too loud. WahRang wouldn't be close enough to hear it, and it certainly wouldn't be loud enough for it to carry all the way to the boat. Only the people around Tarroc would be able to hear the noises.

Tarroc's back swelled, and he grabbed his shirt, tearing it off, revealing two large tears in his back, from which blood flowed, and two large wings sprouted. The wings were red, with scales, and they were clearly dragon wings, although much smaller than normal. Tarroc stepped forward to give himself room and he stretched his wings, opening them to their full span, close to ten feet in total. He turned away and the wings flapped once, causing the blood on them to fly off, landing in the sand.

"That's much better. Mother below, how do you people handle not having wings? My balance has been off since I took this form." Tarroc sighed as he turned around, seeming much more satisfied with his new state. Tarroc's upper body was rather tanned, and quite muscular, although if one looked close they would notice something odd. Tarroc had no skin. What seemed to be normal skin was actually a great deal of small, skin coloured scales, softer and more flexible than the normal scales of a dragon due to the shape and flexibility of a human body. Tarroc folded his wings against back, and he glanced at the twins. "Like I said, I don't know if my blood can do anything to help either of you two, but would you like to try, just in case?"
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Master Flatso Needlestring looked back at Aenar. "Are you coming, friend? These are your people after all." Without waiting for a response, the halfling followed down the path. He saw the plants scampering about the coast, and his grip on his sword grew tight as he observed the boat. Standing with the group at the edge of the coastline, Master Flatso Needlestring was grateful his precious pug wasn't at risk. He spoke to Kara.
"So, have you a plan? I doubt the rest of us running down screaming while our new friend rains fire from the heavens will work."

Back in the town, Sir Snuggles had already drank all of his water from the shield sized bowl Master Flatso Needlestring had left out for him. The pug stretched lazily as he got up from his bed, feeling the need to relieve himself. Sir Snuggles was well trained, and knew he would be in trouble if he did so indoors. He scratched at the front door, whining quietly. The pug began headbutting the door, loosening the nails holding the hinges.
After a few stern headbutts, the door fell off of its hinges. Sir Snuggles ran around the side of the building and relieved himself. When he was done he walked out in front of the shop and sniffed the ground, looking for his Papa. Sir Snuggles slowly followed the scent of his owner out of town and into the forest.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:04 pm

Aenar was looking in a different direction, his axe on his shoulders, a frown on his lips. He had thought he heard something behind them, and he was surveying the area to make sure no plants were sneaking up behind them to try to kill them. Once he was satisfied they were safe, he turned around and he began walking after the rest of the group. He didn't know how to handle this situation. This was extremely out of the ordinary, and Aenar didn't like it. Nothing made sense about any of this, but Aenar couldn't piece it together enough to figure out what about it didn't make sense and why it had been escaping him.

Tarroc turned slightly to stare down at Flatso, and he raised an eyebrow, "You talk enough for a creature five times your size. You'd think you would run out of air at some point." He spoke in an amused, joking tone of voice, but there was a warning behind his words that was clear. 'Leave me alone and don't talk about me, or it'll be your head.' Tarroc wasn't normally an angry person, but no dragon would tolerate being told what to do, or being made light of. Most dragons would have already have lost their tempers and burned everything around them to ash by now. Tarroc wasn't exactly normal though, so his ire was harder to earn. He was annoyed, yes, but angry? No.... not yet.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:05 pm

"Yes, that would hardly work out for anyone. Whatever's doing this, it's in that boat. We need to find out what it is and stop it. Then again, I suppose you knew that bit already. Sorry for the bad answer. Wood is easily flammable and these plants show a degree of sentience. Perhaps they'll understand the danger of fire. Stay behind me and keep close. If we spilt up they could overwhelm us." Kara warned Flatso.

Kara could recognise the necromantic energies coming from the boat. That would explain the animation of the plants. They weren't corpses however, so either something had gone horribly wrong or someone had made taken the school of necromancy to a bold new front. Kara stepped out towards the boat, causing the trees to move towards her. A small horde of shrubs had also emerged from the ship, all of them headed in her direction. Instinctively Kara allowed her hands to fill with magical fire, preparing to use firebolts and even fireballs if things became too rough. However, she came to realise that violence wouldn't be necessary. Upon 'seeing', or at least becoming aware of the fire, the plants stopped their shuffling. Kara continued to move towards them eventually reaching the first line of shrubs.

"You all know what this is." She warned them coldly.

She then took another step into the line. The plants moved away from her foot, a small circle of exposed rock standing out amongst the short and deadly sea of green. Kara continued to push towards the ship, the plants parting and keeping a small circle around her. Her stride became more confident and quick, until she felt her toe bash against something loose on the ground. A small pain shot up Kara's toe, the plants beginning to quickly rush towards her. The flames in Kara's hands shot up slightly as she steadied herself, causing the plants to recede once again. Upon looking at the metal plate she'd bashed her foot against Kara realised that it was the nameplate of the ship. The Boreas.

Kara imagined it to be a merchant ship of some sort, although the damage sustained by the ship suggested that it was much older than the one that brought her to Srelt. It wouldn't be out of the question to consider the shipwreck being older than the colony itself. Their arrival on the island had hardly been a peaceful one. If necromancy was being practiced, then the prospect of an undead crew was very real. Casting a detect magic spell n herself, Kara could see no major energies on the ship, the biggest being a small circle reasonably close to the hole.

"So, a boat without a crew. They're not on the ship. Whatever is animating the plants, it's origin lies in necromancy. It could be an artefact in the ship's cargo, but I doubt anyone here would need something like that. Besides, look at the damage. This ship is older than the colony." She informed the group.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:11 am

Both twins was about to accept Tarroc's offer as a weird silence suddenly hit them. It wasn't as if something wasn't audible any more, but something felt like it was missing. As if a layer of white noise had been removed from their hearing. Arthur looked around, trying to get an understanding of what just happened, before he looked at his sister, whom also looked confused and baffled.

"What happened?" he asked her, seeing as she must be feeling the same silence. "I don't know," she said. "Alexandria, you got any idea?" silence. "Alexandria?!" she asked again. Nothing. "He isn't responding," Arthur said first. "Why is he not responding?!" A genuine fear was audible in his voice. Whilst the elementals weren't a part of their body the same a parasite or symbiotic creature were, they were part of their mind. Losing them would be like part of themselves. Pandora did her best not to panic, and took a look at the only why she knew she would be able to see if worst had come to happen, she looked at the streams of energy, and saw that both herself and Arthur still drew in far more energy than were normal for their kind. "They are still there," she said with a relieved sigh. "They must have passed out," she said, hardly believing it herself. For the last 20 years both herself and Arthur had had someone there all the time. Someone they now counted among their most precious friends. And now they were silent.

A loud "EEEK!" Sounded behind the group, followed by a THUMP as something hit the ground. A confused and surprised WahRang poked up from the undergrowth looking up. Tracing her stare it was clear that the branch she had just been on had moved, and still moved as she slowly moved her head to keep her gaze locked on the tree. "WahRang!" Arthur yelled, and ran towards her. He still felt the lightness of his body, and the spring in each bounce and step. "Thank the makers that you are still there bud," he thought towards Ignis.

Arthur ran and caught WahRang in his arms, making sure that they got far enough away from the tree that neither would get hurt. "You're coming with me," he simply commanded and began moving towards the group, but WahRang tried her best to resist, "NO!" she exclaimed. "You come voluntarily, or I swear to whatever, or whoever, made you that I will drag you over there," "You wouldn't dare," she gave back, "Try me," was the only response she got in return. Standing still for a moment she followed Arthur. She wasn't strong enough to stand against him, and she was sure that if she resisted he would actually drag her. "You can always just stay behind me if you'd like," he said as they neared the group. And she did stand behind him, or rather tried to hide herself using Arthur's legs.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:46 pm

Tarroc turned quickly when he heard a thump, and he tensed his wings, ready to shoot over towards WahRang, but he relaxed slightly as Arthur ran and caught WahRang. He watched them cautiously for a moment or two, before he slowly furled his wings against his back once again, his amber eyes fixed upon Arthur. "What just happened?" His voice was rather serious, but when he shifted his gaze to Wahrang, he crouched and smiled gently at her, "Hello there little one. Are you ok? You didn't hurt yourself, did you?"

Aenar tightened his grip on his axe and he walked over to the tree, tapping its trunk with the head of the axe, trying to see if the tree was alive as well. If the weird energy was able to make the plants turn mean, it could make trees mean too, no? If the tree came alive, then Aenar would need to cut it down, and he could definitely do that with his axe. He didn't think they would be able to use living tree-wood for lumber. The wood would be spooky, and Aenar wasn't much in the mood to deal with wood that could walk around and try to kill people. How would he sleep if he needed to watch out for wood that grew legs or hopped around, trying to kill him?

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:28 pm

Master Flatso Needlestring shadowed Kara's steps as she approached the boat. He held his sword at the in a defensive stance, keeping the blade close to his body. When Kara stopped to observe the ship, he stood back to back with her, guarding her from any of the animated plants that might get bold.
"Aye. I've heard a couple of children talk about an old boat crashed on the island. Thought they were just making it up to impress their friends." Master Flatso Needlestring switched to a Half-Sword stance. "So far as why it's here, possibly a smuggling vessel that was stopping for fresh water and food. Run around by storms and rogue waves maybe."
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:52 pm

"If you're referring to my condition, I'm not quite sure. Ignis is quiet and unresponsive. It feels VERY weird. If you're referring to her," he said and gently tapped WahRang's head, "then I can only suspect that she was caught off guard by the tree moving, and fell."

WahRang was shaking lightly. She'd never been near so many people at once, and never that many strangers either. She wanted to come to strangers, not be brought to them. Alarms went off in her head and her every instinct told her to run. But logic blocked her way, Arthur would just catch her then scold her. Instead she held Arthur's shirt and "hugged" his leg, looking quite like a small child hiding behind a parent.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:12 pm

Tarroc glanced back and forth from Arthur to Pandora, then back at Arthur, and he raised an eyebrow, "So is the magic still affecting you two and Ignis? The feeling of the magic knocked them out right? Maybe I can block it out? The offer still stands." He held up his thumb, shrugging slightly. He wasn't going to force it on either of them, but if they were still being affected by the feeling of the magic being used and they wanted to try to use his blood as a shield, or at least as a dampener, he would willingly give it to them.

With that out of the way, he shifted his gaze to WahRang and he smiled gently, his eyes soft and warm. He crouched, not moving closer to her, but making himself smaller so he was less intimidating. He spoke in a soft, gentle tone of voice, "Hello there little one. What's your name? I'm..... friends with Arthur and Pandora?" He half said, half asked that last sentence, glancing up at Arthur and Pandora, honestly unsure of his relationship with them.

He had enjoyed his joking and teasing session with Arthur earlier, and he had no intent on eating them, as he had joked he would. Besides, he wanted to help them out. Their friends within them were in pain and were knocked out by the magic, and he was a nature spirit, in a loose sense of the word. It was in his nature to help, or at least TRY to help, especially since he hadn't had the desire for wealth and power drilled into him by a parent, as he hadn't HAD any parents when he was growing up, maturing, developing and forming a personality.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:24 pm

Kara nodded in response to what Flatso had said. It made sense. However, one detail had caught her eye. Children had visited the ship before. Why didn't the plants attack them then? Running several ideas through her head, Kara paused her movement. The plant attacks had only started a few hours ago, so something must have changed for them to turn hostile. There was the possibility that the children could have triggered something, but that seemed unlikely. Nothing was capable of possessing so many plants in such a short span of time. Kara then thought to how the plants reacted to her magical fire earlier. They'd moved away, until the fire stopped. Then they went back to trying to attack her. An audible gasp was heard as Kara put the pieces together, giving a small leap of joy in the process.

"Axes!" She cried.

"Of course, it all makes sense now! You're defending yourselves, aren't you? Animated by some kind of object, but with no wizard to control you, you resorted to defending yourselves." Kara said to the plants, getting caught up in her own explanation.

"So the boat crashed ashore, whatever was on there began seeping into the island. That's what brought you to life! It's been spreading, taking more and more of you in. Then you saw them, didn't you? The lumberjacks. They were cutting you down, what else could you do? You're not invading, you're protecting!" She continued, waving her arms in a theatrical display.

No response came from the plants. Upon realising this, Kara let out a sigh.

"Of course, you can't speak. Great. Now all that's left is to find what did this." She muttered, before looking over her shoulder to Flatso.

"That... that at least sounded impressive right?" She asked in an unsure tone.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.