[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

God Of The North
Bronze

Re: [RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by God Of The North » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:52 am

Elessar glanced at Kara and he seemed extremely uncomfortable with her question. He made some noises of thought, trying to find a way to answer her question in an acceptable manner, but he was struggling to do so. "I.... I suppose I could give you some information. I met him in a library back in my homeland. I haven't spoken to him in a long time, but as far as I have heard, he's still the librarian back at that library."

Elessar was noticeably vague when he was answering her question, and there was a good reason for that. The elf he had met was named Zinmaer, and he was the head of the Palace's Royal Library. In other words, he was the librarian of the largest library in the entire elf kingdom, and one of the largest in the entire world, if not the ENTIRE world.

The reason Elessar was hesitant and reluctant to share that particular information was the fact that only a scant few people were able to get access to that massive library. The King, the King's family, and the King's Guard when they were guarding the King or a member of his family. For Elessar to come out and admit he knew the librarian of that library well enough for the librarian to share that information with Elessar would Elessar often visited the library, meaning he had to be related to the Elf King, and only a very very VERY small amount of people knew that information besides Elessar and his family, and most of the people who knew were either dead, or extremely old at this point.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:52 am

"If you're going to stay," Pandora said towards Kara, "you might as well know." The air around her grew more intense and her playful aura evaporated in the air. "Arthur and I used to be slaves. And not just any slaves," she said, "orcish slaves." She sighed, it really wasn't a memory she was fond of. "We were born into that life, and as the years and we grew Arthur decided it was his job to protect me. He was forced into the fighting ring, forced to kill other boys he had known. And he did it for me." Her voice was heavy, and she felt her emotions growing on her. "Eventually I began discovering I had some magical ability. It wasn't long after that I met Andrexia," she said referring to her elemental. "Shortly after I decided to become her host. But I was found out shortly after. Arthur had just been given a sword to fight with, and I think that saved us." She said. "Arthur too became a host, defeated the orcs that tried to kill me for my magic, and then we fled. I don't remember where too, but we can never be safe on the mainland again." Pandora said, showing signs of paranoia, "Orcs don't have boats, islands are the only place we're safe from them." She said and went silent for a second, composing herself, "And that's that." she said with her usual smile, "We were lucky, that's all there's to it." she added closing the conversation.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:17 am

"To answer you," Arthur said and turned towards Tarroc, "You needn't change to satisfy me," he said in a joking tone. "And let me tell you a little secret. I have absolutely no idea what dragons are other than massive beasts," his tone was as joking as ever. "It took me about two thousand years to find a new host," Ignis said with a displeased voice, "I would prefer if you didn't get yourself killed today," "It's all under control," Arthur responded.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:46 pm

Tarroc gave Arthur a deadpan look, which looked rather out of place on the face of a child. "I have a great deal of experience with your kind and your recklessness, and I must say.... I see why humans so often get themselves killed in stupid ways. Running the risk of angering a dragon is something most intelligent creatures would avoid, and I must imagine your tag-along is getting rather annoyed as well. Killing you wouldn't kill him or her, but I bet it'd be a real annoyance for them."

Tarroc sighed, a wisp of smoke escaping his mouth. "As for your statement..... I can only tell you what I've learned over my lifetime, and what I've read in books. I have never met another of my kind, so I can't be certain if these things are true, but it's what I know."

He flicked his eyes in the direction of WahRang, although he didn't turn his head to be able to see her, so it was clearly a gesture for Arthur to think about WahRang. "We dragons are similar to your friend over there. We aren't deities, but we DO come from the First Mother, the Primordial Earth herself. She breathes life into us, and when we die our spark returns to her, and rejoins the Source. I don't know what reason the First Mother had to create us, but she did. Because of our connection to the First Mother, we can sense all forms of life, and detect the life energy of entities. I can see your tag-along in your soul. I can feel every single plant and insect and animal in this forest. I can feel your friend's energy. She's giving off a light signature like she's a bonfire."

Tarroc went quiet for a few moments before he spoke again, "We don't have a true humanoid form. Our true forms are our scaled forms, but we can manipulate and shift our life energy to cause ourselves to take a different form. That's why I appear like this. I willed my life energy to change in such a way that makes me appear as a child. If we want to we can even release our life energy from our bodies and cause it to return to the First Mother before the time comes for our physical shells to die." He seemed to hesitate for a moment as if what he was about to say was a sensitive topic, but he continued to speak, "When we mate, it isn't mere a bonding of flesh for the purpose of pleasure, or the creation of offspring. When we mate, our life energies combine, and mix. If we were to mate with another dragon, we continue to live normally for the most part, but are able to communicate through our thoughts, as well as feel our mate's emotions, such as pain, sorrow, joy, and so forth. Our life span doesn't change. We CAN however bond with a non-dragon. If I were to say.... mate with one of the females here, my soul would become intertwined with them, and they would take on dragon like attributes. They would still retain their human forms for the most part, but their senses would become sharpened, and their life span would drastically increase. They would live for as long as I live..... but just like with another dragon, if one mate dies, the other instantly dies as well. The bond between out souls would be severed, and the shock would kill the other mate."

Tarroc released another puff of smoke, and he mused aloud, "I've never mated with another, but I HAVE heard stories that if a dragon mates with a non-dragon, the non-dragon gains the ability to take on a dragon form, although their true form would remain the same. I can't say for certain however, having never tried it myself."
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:53 pm

Master Flatso Needlestring listened to Kara politely, taking in the situation with a deadly serious look.
"Thank you, child. I shall help you. This island is my home and I will not stand idly by while it is threatened by these horrid plants." He looked over his shoulder at Arthur and Tarroc. People's lives were in danger and they were more concerned with posturing like a pair of peacocks. With a quiet sigh of irritation, he stepped in between the arguing pair and planted his sword tip first into the ground.
"Either you two head back to town and get yourselves a room at the inn, or cease this pointless prattle. How many more lives are in danger because you've been bickering instead of saving them?" The halfling walked to stand in front of the group.
"My friends, we've all chosen to move to this island. Though our reasons may be different, we all sought the same thing. We sought to forge a new home for ourselves and for many generations to come. Now that home is threatened by dark magic, and its people are in peril. They are afraid and they are losing hope. We are the few that stood up to fight to defend our new home. We shall be their new hope!" Master Flatso Needlestring drew his sword and held it aloft in the sun. Light glimmered off of arcane runes on an old, yet perfectly honed blade. "We will show whatever evil force threatens our home that our spirit, our determination, is indomitable! We will cast out the dark and save these people! Who shall stand with me?"
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Tarroc stared calmly at Flatso, and his eyes slit, scales creeping along his skin a she spoke in a level, but chilling tone of voice, "Be silent Halfling. You attempt to speak of something beyond your own knowledge. It is best to keep your mouth shut and stay out of a conversation than it is to join a conversation that you know nothing of, avoiding proving yourself a fool than it is to join the conversation and attempt to seem more important than you truly are than to do so and reveal your idiocy. None were fighting, and none were bickering."

Tarroc stood up, still in his childish form, but as he stood his form flickered and wavered like a reflection in water that was struck by a rock. When his form stabilized Tarroc stood as his previous appearance, a tall man with black hair and golden eyes. Tarroc walked off, heading deeper into the forest, following the path that Allant had gone down a little earlier. He calmly walked, and after a while he came upon the same scene that Allant had seen. He sighed, kneeling next to the dead bodies and he murmured a few words in dragonic, a prayer to the First Mother to embrace her fallen children, and take them back to her nurturing bosom, for in their time away from her they endured great pain and hardship.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:10 pm

Pandora stepped in between her brother and Tarroc. "Stop it you two, you were bickering, but you're both at fault here. You for teasing a creature I'm sure Ignis told you to stop teasing," she said whilst facing Arthur, "and especially you for letting him tease you," she said as she turned towards Tarroc. She turned towards her brother and stepped closer.
"I'd have done the same thing though," she said with a slight snicker, getting Arthur to give a small laugh. "We never change do we?" he asked in a theatrical voice, "Of course not dear brother. Life would be boring then," Pandora responded with a more theatrical voice and a over exaggerated bow.

In the trees behind them WahRang smiled. She liked the two twins, they somehow reminded her of herself, not in a way she understood though. But she felt a connection with them, one way or another. ((To those that forgot, she is a lesser deity of twins so it makes sense.))

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Kara noticed the vagueness of Elessar's answer, although she wasn't fully satisfied with it. Mouthpieces were often in places of great importance and even if he'd met one in a lower position, they wouldn't have revealed much in the way about the Kiira, yet alone the parts concerning the training of the Servitors. Her eyebrow raised. Before she wasted the time of a Servitor, Kara decided that further investigation would be beneficial. The next step was to see how Elessar responded to guilt.

"Thanks, Elessar. It's nice to see you're making good on your promise so soon. I'll have to look into it. It's be nice to find some home comforts, even if they're only letters." She said, smiling at him.

Kara had also listened to what Pandora had said, feeling a large sense of sympathy for both Arthur and Pandora as a result. She'd also watched both as both she and Flatso defused an argument between Arthur and Tarroc. The Halfling's surprisingly dramatic tone also caused Kara to let out a small chuckle. All things considered, the plants wouldn't be too dangerous. If anything, there didn't seem to be any motives behind the plants attacking, which is why Kara believed that nobody was organising them. The death of the lumberjacks had been unfortunate, but Kara couldn't help but shake the feeling that it was merely case of unfortunate timing.

"Thanks for sharing that, Pandora. I know it couldn't have been easy to recollect something like that, so it means a lot. I'm here as a magical advisor to the colony. Once I've set up, if you need anything in the magical department just find me and I'll see if I can help. I mean considering your nature I doubt you'll need to, but you never know." She said, shooting a reassuring smile at them.

A black shape in the corner of Kara's eye caught her attention. Whilst she only saw The Raven for a split second before it disappeared from view, it caused her eyes to widen slightly. She then made her way over to Tarroc, pulling his shoulder gently.

"You don't need to pray for them. I... I dont think they're going to make their way back to your Mother anymore." She said calmly.

Kara then pulled away from Tarroc, scanning the skyline for any sign of the bird. Seeing that the skies were empty caused the half elf to feel a sense of both relief and dread. She then caught a glimpse of a large brown pole in the direction that the plants were moving. Attached to it was a scrap of white cloth, although she took a few seconds to identify it. She then came to recognise it as the mast of a ship, which caused a small smile to crack in the corner of her mouth. Things were starting to make sense to her now.

"I think I have an idea of what's going on here. Follow me." She said, slipping off into the woods towards the mast.

As she continued through the woods Kara kept her eyes out for any plants that were moving. Not making out any, she eventually reached the end, seeing a rocky coastline ahead of her. Whilst she'd only made out the mast from the forest Kara could now see the wreck of the ship clearly. It wasn't much larger than the one that had brought her to Srelt, with a large gaping hole in it's hull from which cargo had fallen out. A few small shrubs scurried to and from the hole, with more vigour than they'd previously had in the woods. Kara also saw the large trunks of two trees that were shuffling atop their great roots. Along with the magical energies she felt in the background, the presence of the two large plants confirmed that the magic animating them was much stronger. It was almost certain that the boat was the source, although the lack of any nearby bodies was off putting.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:44 pm

Elessar gave a wry smile and he stared at her calmly, "I did mean any questions about the ISLAND. We did meet each other not too long ago, I'm not quite comfortable giving rather personal information. It was in a library in my home city, in the elf kingdom. I need to get to know you better before I reveal sensitive information like that." He took another puff of his pipe, raising an eyebrow, "And may I add.... Using guilt to get your way won't make you too many friends, Kara."

Tarroc stood up, giving Kara an odd look. "Where did you learn to speak dragonic?" He spoke in dragonic still, a rough, but deep and rich language. He was surprised by the fact that Kara was able to speak his native tongue. As far as he knew, only dragons could speak it, but this half-elf was able to understand a dragonic prayer? That was..... Interesting.

Tarroc looked out towards the boat, releasing a little heat wave from his mouth as he yawned. He was curious about what was in the boat, and typically he would just walk towards the boat, but he could feel the dense concentration of magic within the boat. He wasn't afraid by any means, but he was going to be a bit more cautious than normal, just in case.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:11 pm

"WahRang!" Arthur yelled out, visibly knowledgeable that she heard him. "I'll be going with the others, you can follow if you want," he knew that if he phrased himself in the right way, she'd follow him silently, like a small kid that had just been told to not do something. He saw her interest pique, but nothing more.

Pandora walked besides her brother in the small group, and they were slightly joking on the way, but as they saw the wreck they stopped. It was like there was something wrong with it, something more than the tentacle like plants that crept into the massive hull hole. Something foul. Pandora noticed how her own and Arthur's magical energy began mixing with the one coming in and out of the ship, which clearly showed that whatever controlled the plants where in there. And that's when she felt it. Something like a scream in her insides. She flinched in physical pain and realized that it had been Alexandria that had screamed.

Arthur stood like stoned, a weird look on his face before he opened his mouth, "I think I'm going to barf," he said. "What happened?" Pandora asked Alexandria "Dark magic," she responded "Akin to necromancy. Elementals do not like that kind of magic, it's like pure death on our realm." Alexandria's thought voice sounded pained. "An object," she added before going silent.

"You got the same?" Pandora asked her brother who looked more baffled now than uncomfortable, "Dark magic. Object?" he asked between breaths. Pandora nodded, understanding that her brother hid his pain. A ringing tone began in Pandora's ears.