[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

kitkat871

Re: [RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by kitkat871 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:15 pm

The plants would drop their guise, shuffling after Sir Snuggles as soon as the pug had started to run. The rustling of leaves and scraping of twigs would build up into a chorus, creating a sound vaguely similar to a snake's hiss.

Kara had remained quiet as more people arrived to help her look for the missing settlers, forgetting to answer Elessar's question. She didn't want to have another embarrassing moment. It had also presented her with the chance to study the other members of the group. She'd managed to somewhat subtly slide her journal out and had begun to make yet another entry in it. As she gently slid the stylus over the page, Kara thought about the people she was writing about. She'd also decided to hold back on making an update about the plants until she'd both seen them and found out more about them. To do anything else would discredit her as a researcher.

Observation #2: There are some interesting people in Ebonwell.

The twins Arthur and Pandora are elementis (Speculated from their large magical presence and slowed ageing. They walk in direct sunlight, so being a vampire is out of the question). Whilst Arthur seems to make wisecracks, Pandora is much more focused on being the serious They also have a friend in the woods - possibly another magical being, although this is purely speculation and needs thorough investigation.

Allant seems to be a soldier of sorts, possibly for one of the human kingdoms. He's also taken on the role of group peacekeeper, ending a dispute between Arthur and Aenar.

Aenar is taller than most - possibly the result of a giant/cyclops mating with smaller species. This theory is also supported by his rather simple demeanour, constantly referring to himself in the third person and using tenses incorrectly. He is also strong, having quickly warded off a bear.

Elessar is an elf - an seems to be aware of the Kiira. This suggests that he is more than a mere settler. This needs investigating.

Kara then shut her journal upon hearing Aenar warn of something nearby. She then opened her palms, allowing fire to form in them. Firebolts would be sure to make short work of any hostile plants, albeit with running the risk of damaging the woods.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:33 pm

Elessar took another drag on his pipe and he tapped Kara's shoulder, shaking his head as she formed firebolts in her hands. "Wait for now. If you use magic, you'll be a beacon for whoever is manipulating the plants. It's probably a mage casting magic on the flaura. Plants don't normally become sentient and attack people after all."

Elessar seemed remarkably relaxed, just puffing on his pipe as they walked. He agreed with the idea of using fire magic to combat the plants, but he was cautious on the inside. This obviously wasn't normal, at least not in his experience on the island. This place was tough on life often, but it was normally natutal difficulties. Something of this nature..... It was out of the ordinary for this sort of thing to occur.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:10 am

Master Flatso Needlestring looked over his shoulder when he heard the horrid noise. He saw the plants rise and shift, moving across the ground on their roots. For the time being he seemed to be ahead, but they would catch up soon and shred his beloved pug with their branches and vines.
"Dè fo shealbh?" he muttered under his breath. Hoping only to make it to his shop, to reach his old sword, hidden behind the counter, he yelled at Sir Snuggles, pushing his mount into a full sprint. "Ruith!"
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:56 pm

If for some reason someone was out in the middle of the ocean, staring up at the sky, and was able to see through the thick, dark grey low-hanging clouds that blanketed the sky, they would be witness to a rather alarming sight.
A great beast, with scales as red as blood and massive wings soared through the sky like it was a peregrine falcon. Even a simple fisherman would have been able to recognize the creature. A creature out of the story books was pumping its wings, making its way towards Srelt. For some reason…. a dragon was approaching the island at a startling speed.
As the creature drew closer to the island it sank into the clouds, but it didn’t emerge from the bottom of the clouds. Instead, a human man fell from the clouds, streaking towards the water of the ocean.
The man landed in the water with a loud and large splash, and some minutes later he emerged from the water on the beach. He was absolutely drenched, but he looked very pleased with himself. He seemed like he was downright thrilled with the situation he found himself in.
Tarroc wiped his drenched hair off of his forehead, where it had been plastered, and he shook his hair like a dog shaking itself dry. He then glanced around, and he began walking into town. As he did, he heard some people chuckling, mocking Kara for yelling about a man being attacked by trees.
Tarroc grinned, displaying teeth that were wickedly sharp, almost like the fangs of a wild beast. He turned and he began hurrying out of the town, following his sense of smell to track the scent-path that had been left behind by the group that had gone into the forest. He had only been here for a few minutes, and it seemed things were already getting interesting! This was delightful!
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:02 pm

WahRang watched as the plants, the halfling, and the halflings dog all took off, leaving her alone once more. She could follow them, but wasn't in a curious mood at the moment, more of a precocious one. With nothing better to do, she crawled up in a tree and sat there, on a thick branch.

Meanwhile:

Pandora and Arthur tensed up as Aenar said that something was approaching them, before they hadn't had time to focus themselves, but this time they had. Only to see that it was Mr. Flatso that came riding towards them. Or Arthur would say riding as that was the closest he could come to describe whatever the halfling did on his dog. Only to a moment later see that something was behind Mr. Flatso. Plants, or rather some winelooking things with thorns, coming straight towards them.

But as soon as Mr. Flatso had passed the group Pandora did what Pandora did best, casting magic that was far more complex than what someone her age should know. A giant barrier was put in front of each plant as it attempted to get closer to the group. "Focus on the tips," Andrexia lectured Pandora whilst she was casting the magic, "If you'd shut it I could," she snared back as a visible strain was showing on her.

Arthur noticed this, and without a second thought, took hold of the first sharp, wield-able thing he could see. And although that was Aenar's bigger than normal axe, he jumped forced and wrenched it, although forcefully not hard enough to do any damage, out of the hand of Aenar. He'd won many a duel by disarming his opponents this way. Although he usually broke their wrist in the process.

After acquiring the axe he jumped to action, cutting down plants with unconventional swings and actions. It most of all looked like random cuts, although he always hit away from the thorns. This helped Pandora as she had less plants to focus her energy over making her barriers both stronger, and more local. Instead of big constant barriers, the barriers were now smaller and only came when a plant attempted to move beyond a certain distance.

After a minute or two of the twins attacking and defending the plants retrieved. Plant matter laid scattered in the area, and Arthur stood in the middle of the spray. Sweat glinted off his exposed face, and he'd acquired more than a few cuts and bruises doing the battle. However, it was clear that he wasn't near done yet, and whatever, or whoever, had made the plants go berserk oblivously didn't want to spend too much energy on a single target. Especially one that was unpredictable. Making sure the plants actually left Arthur turned back, and gave Aenar the axe back.

"Sorry," he said with a smile, "but I didn't have time to think," he simply added, as he went towards Pandora holding her shoulder. "Don't faint on me here," he said with a sly smile. Receiving a jab as a response, "I'm not that easily tired," Pandora simply said as she caught her breath.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Khol

Post by Khol » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Wendy looked out over the railing of the ship, the wind flowing through her hair as she took in the sight of the ocean ahead of her "So.... Pretty..." Covering her mouth, she dropped her head and vomited over into the water, groaning miserably "Too bad I'm feeling crappy..." She slumped against the wood and spit out any excess liquid, letting out a small burp "Is this ride almost done? I can't take anymore of this." Wendy fixed her hair and sighed, sitting down with her back to the water "Well... I should make the most of it and be grateful on top of that, considering this was the very last ship to the colonies." Sighing somewhat contently, she brought her legs up to her chest and hugged them, resting her head on her knees as she looked up into the sky, the clouds drifting lazy across the sky.
"Behold, Excalibur!" - Saber, Arturia Pendragon King of Knights

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:23 am

A voice rang out behind the group, sounding amused, "Great scaled ones above kid, have ya ever heard of overkill? Using an axe like that isn't called for. You two within, why didn't you tell them to use any fire magic? Using magic wouldn't have sent that much more of a clear signal than this did."

Ithlaen whirled around and he held his hand out, palm facing the new figure, only for him to have his hand casually slapped away. Aenar swung his axe down at the man, only for him to deflect the weapon, slapping the flat of the axe, causing it to miss, biting into the ground, cutting through a root that was under the dirt.

The man walked through the group casually, making remarks about each of them, "So a human, an elf, a half-giant, a pair of elemental siblings..." He paused in front of Kara and he smirked, displaying sharp fangs, "Well aren't YOU a treat? Haven't seen too many of your kind before. Fun playing riddle games with you lot though. Very knowledgeable indeed."

He crouched next to one of the plants Arthur had cut up, and he picked it up, examining it casually. "A nice little fire spell would have worked plenty fine. " He made a tsking noise, before glancing back at Arthur, walking over to him, tossing the plant over his shoulder, his hands sliding into his pockets. "I'd say you two are..... probably in your mid thirties. Makes sense why you acted like that. Be careful, that attitude gets ya killed lad."

He then whirled around, looking in the direction of WahRang, a look of delight on his face. "Well hello over there. I'll come introduce myself to you later. Probably rather shy I'd say, based on how much distance you're keeping. Oh well, I'll be nice and polite later when we chat." He seemed to be talking randomly, but his eyes were locked onto WahRang's position, even though he couldn't quite see her. He could sense her presence. Magic escaped him, but he could feel it and feel the supernatural like it was natural to him, which it was now that he thought about it. He chuckled, turning to face the group, looking over them casually.

TheDarkOne

Post by TheDarkOne » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:02 am

In the overall grand scheme of things, Allant was outmatched here. Outmatched in strength by Aenar, outmatched by speed by Arthur and Pandora, and he certainly didn't have any magical potential like the other two seemed to have. He had barely unsheathed his blade when the plants had arrived, and they were dispatched promptly, causing them to retreat back into the woods. His little halfling friend has safely escaped them, however there was still the other two lumberjacks who were still missing according to the injured man back in Ebonwell. However every single one of them was interrupted by another individual. He had swatted away Aenar's strike, and what he assumed was a magical attack from the male elf he had yet to introduce himself to. He strolled around arrogantly, calling out to them all in an almost taunting manner. However Allant didn't sense danger from him, he did not think he would attack. Sheathing his blade, he rested upon it casually, the first of the group to speak up to him.

"You know mate, don't take this the wrong way or anything, but you're a bit of a prick aren't you?" Allant said, gather up the axe and possessions he had dropped for the fight, before making his way past the group "You can deal with him, I'll find the other missing men"

Walking past the stranger, Allant broke into a light jog, following the path the plants had come from deeper into the woods. He kept his hand firmly on his axe incase he was attacked, and rushed on past the clearing where Master Flatso was attacked. As he made his way through further, he stopped dead in his tracks. He had found the two lumberjacks alright. One lay broken and smashed, his body mangled and his eyes still open in horror. Another lay hanging from the trees above, vines and ivy pulled tight across his body and in his mouth, blood dropping to the ground with a soft plop as it fell into a small pool of blood and water. Sighing, Allant dropped to his knee and closes the eyes of the one on the ground, giving a quick prayer to the Lady. They may not worship his god, and his god mat not even be listening, but it was all he knew. Still kneeling, he looked around the forest.

He only wanted to start a new life. And already he was followed with death.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sun Feb 11, 2018 9:37 am

"I'm not strong enough that I can contain a fire that size. Especially if it runs loose from my control." Pandora responded to the new man. "And I don't know if you have experienced other of my kind," Arthur said, "But the only magic I have. Is the magic of joking." A smile spread on his face. "What is he," Pandora asked Andrexia, "Dragon," was the simple response. "You're kidding right?" Pandora asked. "Dragon," Andrexia's response was again, almost sounding in awe.

"Let me talk to him," Ignis said to Arthur, "How?" "Just repeat after me. Oh great dragon, what brings you to this island?" "As if I'm going to say that." Arthur jokingly thought. "Dragon." he said to get Tarrroc's attention. "What brings you here?"
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:20 am

Master Flatso Needlestring continued on to town, towards his shop. He jumped down from Sir Snuggles's back and dashed to the counter.
Sir Snuggles staggered in and tottered over to the corner of the room and laid down. Master Flatso Needlestring rubbed his pug's belly.
"Good boy. Stay here, puppy."
The halfling sat out a massive bowl of water, grabbed his sword from behind the counter, and left on foot. He locked the door behind him and began marching off down the road, back the way he came.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.