[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

kitkat871

Re: [RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 pm

"You... You know our language? Who are you?" Kara said in the dialect of the Kiira, surprised that anyone else knew it outside of the Athenaeum.

Her mind raced with theories about who the new woman was. Kara knew that she couldn't have been a member of the Kiira, as she'd been quick to make that distinction. She appeared to be an elf, with Kara's hesitating to reach a conclusion due to her beauty. Kara had never been too concerned about her appearance, but even she found herself rubbing her arm and blushing shamefully as she compared herself to the newcomer. Kara then realised that Flatso had also spoken to her, snapping her out of her thoughts. Taking the package from him, she nodded.

"I'll deliver it Flatso, Don't worry." She said, tucking the box under her arm.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:52 am

"The question isn't so much who, as it is what." Cassandra said with a smile. It'd been too long since the last time she'd got to talk to a kiira. "Anyhow I'll answer your question. I have acquired many names through the years, but I do prefer the female name Cassandra.But as to WHAT I am. A phoenix. Pure blooded and well taught. The two of us could have many an interesting conversation" Cassandra said with a smile.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Tarroc raised an eyebrow as he glanced over at Cassandra and Kara, and he gave a small frown, but it was a playful frown. "This is some female-alliance or something. You didn't seem to care at all when I said what I was, but Cassy here talks in your language, and suddenly you're wide eyed and curious. Discrimination, that's what this is." He chuckled, shaking his head as he spoke in the same language as the younger two females.

He wasn't really concerned about or hurt by Kara's lack of interest in him a few days ago, due to the fact that she found out about him during the middle of the "Living/Necromancy Plant Incident" as he had decided to call it. There had been too much going on at the time to be distracted or impressed by him appearing and saying he was a dragon.

He turned his head to watch as the Sentinels marched away with Ithlaen, and he made a "hmmm" noise as he watched them. "From what I heard about this place, it was supposed to be free of the messy game of politics, or the influence of the mainland. I suppose the stuck up pointy eared bastards back in the Great Forest didn't get the memo." He muttered these words under his breath in the old tongue, slight annoyance in his eyes. This had promise to be a quiet, interesting place where he could spend his time learning things, but if there was some big scandal that involved the High Elves, and Srelt got blown up onto the world stage, he would lose the quiet learning location he had been looking forward too.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:49 pm

"Oh dragons and their pride," Cassandra said. "Always so boastful, and yet so easy to hurt. Is it always the same with you "tough" guys?" the last bit was clearly a tease. While it was a tease at multiple people, it was still a tease. "And perhaps," she added, "It's your presentation that didn't catch her eye," Cassandra said. "While I seldom hide what I am, would you believe any mortal to guess me other than elf by pure looks? If you present yourself in a way that makes you easily seem a dragon, then perhaps that is easy to overlook." Cassandra's voice had a grain of truth in it. At some point phoenixes was a common sight, and most saw at least 2 in their lifetime. But inactivity, scientifically, socially and culturally speaking, had led to most growing bored of a world that was getting as close to reborn as possible.

Cassandra turned to the halfling that asked Kara to deliver something. By pure looks it'd be difficult to tell what he was, but she had noticed him exit the cloth shop a bit further away in the plaza. "Mr. Halfling," she said and gave a small bow in the direction of Flatso. "Do you run that establishment?" she asked and pointed towards the cloth shop. "If I'm to get away on a ship I don't think this old dress is going to hold much longer," her dress had taken a beating from her landing after all, "and a lady musn't expose herself in a such a place must she now?" The statement was clear. She wanted some more/new clothes so she didn't end up naked in the middle of the ocean.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:07 pm

Kara gave an expression of genuine surprise at Cassandra's comment. She'd never met a phoenix before, her knowledge of them only being limited to the texts she'd read on them during her time with the Kiira. The interest in a conversation was also mutual, as Kara knew that she would most likely learn something from the Phoenix. She also heard Tarroc and caught sight of his frown in the corner of her eye. Kara hadn't bothered speaking to him because she'd found him to be far too forceful in his investigation. In her mind, any conversation between the two would have most likely ended in some sort of argument. Besides, Kara had never spoken to Tarroc outside of the incident with the plants.

"I think you're right there, Cassandra. We could talk on the boat, if you wanted. I would also like to apologize. Even if I was surprised, I shouldn't have answered a question with a question." Kara said, respectfully bowing her head to the Phoenix.

"Also, it was hardly discrimination, Tarroc. It's just, given the situation and... well... your methods I was never inclined to ask." She explained, switching back to common for the ease of the others.

Fredrick watched, remaining fairly quiet. A slight smile had cracked in the corner of his mouth as he allowed himself to get caught up in the atmosphere.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:06 am

"Oh deary, the best way to start a debate is to ask questions. And I realize that I probably startled you anyhow. And I'd be more than happy to take you up on that offer," Cassandra said with a smile, referring to getting a talk on the boat. Cassandra looked back towards the halfling, and suddenly got a surprised look on her face. She took her hand into a pocket that was as good as hidden in the dress cloth. From the pocket she took up a purse, although it was heavy she took it up with a trained movement. She opened the purse and took a quick look inside. "I was sure I had some Mythril coins in here..." she said as she shook the purse a time or two. "Well I do have something to pay with anyway." she said, still waiting for Flatso to answer her if he owned the cloth shop.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:26 pm

Tarroc raised an eyebrow, looking at Cassandra. His wings were not out currently, and he was once again wearing a shirt, so he wasn't sure how a typical human would be able to realize he wasn't a human, let alone figure out that he was a DRAGON of all things. He shrugged slightly, his amber eyes showing amusement. "Such a harsh remark from a young lady, Cassandra. I am a gentleman in every sense of the world, I have truly no idea how one would look at me and get the feeling that I try to portray myself as one of these.... 'tough guys' you speak of."

He then shifted his gaze to Kara, and he smiled broadly, laughter escaping him. "It was merely a joke, my dear. I understand all too well why you weren't too surprised or too curious about what I was at the time. I didn't make much of an effort to hide the fact that I wasn't a human anyway, when we first met as well." He bowed before her, like a stereotypical gentleman, "I do not know what my 'methods' were, but I truly hope we will get along in the future, as I assure you, I am truly and genuinely a gentleman if you get to know me."
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:29 pm

Master Flatso Needlestring blinked shook his head, as if trying to wake himself up. Putting on his salesman's smile, he turned to Cassandra and gave her a dramatic bow, mocking Tarroc's own now.

"Forgive me, milady. Yes, I am the owner of this fine store. Come, let's get you measured. Time is of the essence." The halfling began towards his shop.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:53 pm

"Milady?" Cassandra said surprised, "I have a feeling that I'm going to like this one," she said with a smile. Together with the halfling she walked towards his shop. Inside she saw what one would expect of a clothier's shop. Cloth and clothes was readily available. The cloth was of a few different materials, understandable as that meant a wider variety of costumers, but a specific fiber caught her eye. She'd expect the halfling to fetch his measuring tape first so she took the freedom to see the thread in question.

It was silk, but inlaid with something. It could be a metal, but Cassandra wasn't quite sure what the exact metal would be. Her own dress, of a dargh design, was made from a cotton fabric inlaid with fine strings of rock and mineral. It was almost impossible to tear, but light. Could this string be of the same principle?

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:49 pm

Master Flatso Needlestring disappeared briefly behind the counter to get his measuring tape. He returned after only a moment with both his measuring tape and a small, well taken care of booklet, having kept his shop impeccably organized. The halfling saw Cassandra eyeing his spider silks, and walked over to the Phoenix with his same salesman smile.

"Ah, I see you have an eye for quality! Few recognize these rare silks, fewer still can afford them." Master Flatso Needlestring began guiding Cassandra through the measurements, remaining a perfect gentleman the entire time. "What kind of clothing and colors did you have in mind, my dear?"
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.