[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Fluffking

Re: [RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by Fluffking » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:03 pm

"Roseburn?" Cassandra thought, "Archmage family, almost unparalleled in magic power in the elven culture. Had some disputes with dragons in the past. Shame of the family? Murder? No magical capabilities? Refused archmage title?" She turned towards the elven commander, "Commanding officer. General for the sentinels? Lieutenant?" her mind raced with ideas.

Eventually she opened her mouth with a fluid high elven accent, "Might an old lorewalker ask what an heir of the Roseburn family be accused of?" she used an old elven title for her kind. While phoenixes didn't much like that title it was effective none the less. Her kind had been highly valued back in the days as it was the perfect way to learn about the past and not risk making the same mistakes, but she also knew that her people was forgotten by some empires and countries.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:22 pm

The commanding officer of the elves turned to glare at Cassandra, but his eyes widened slightly as he heard Cassandra say what she was. He hesitated for a brief moment, but he didn't show any fear, "This is not the heir to the Roseburn family. He was banished, his younger brother is the heir now. He is guilty of killing his cousin, the former heir to the king."

Elessar thought for a few seconds, before he smirked wider, his golden red eyes like those of a predator as he puffed on his pipe. He chuckled, speaking in High Elvish still, "Oh, I see. My uncle has died hasn't he? The king is dead, so now my father is the High King." Elessar turned his gaze to Cassandra and he spoke to her, "I was never truly banished. My uncle forgave me for the accidental death of my cousin, but my father cast me out of the family. He can't take the position of heir from me though, so he needs to have my brother take it from me. That's why these fools are here, to bring me back. Once my father dies, as the heir to the Roseburn family, I become the High King, and he wouldn't be able to stand the idea of his hated son being the king of his people."

The Commanding officer grit his teeth and pointed his sword at Elessar, "Be silent! Ithlaen Roseburn, You are guilty of the wrongful murder of your cousin, Seiveral Ar-Fienal, and fleeing the nation to escape justice. For your crimes, your father has demanded you be taken prisoner, and brought back to stand trial, and face your proper punishment by the hand of the High Council!" He yelled at him in High-Elvish, causing Ithlaen's smile to widen as he heard his true name, and saw how much he was getting under the skin of the younger elf. "Easy boy. You may be the commander of this force of Sentinels, but you're still wet behind the ears. The sentinels are supposed to be emotionless, the perfect weapons. You shouldn't let one man get to you so much. It makes the Sentinels as a whole look bad."

The elf's azure eyes went wide, and he swung his sword in anger, only for it to slam into an invisible wall of magical energy, causing the elf to go flying back, slamming into the shields of the melee sentinels, close to ten feet away. Ithlaen's smirk was nearly splitting his face in half as he walked closer, continuing to talk in elvish, "Let me guess.... my father also ordered you and the rest of the Sentinels to capture anyone who knew anything about me, and bring them back with you to the capital, due to the fact they were guilty of hiding a criminal, no? You don't know my father like I do,
kid. He's pulling your strings like a puppet, and you're playing your part perfectly."
Ithlaen sighed, pulling his pipe from his mouth, glancing around the town, before speaking once more in High Elvish. "Very well. I'll go with you to the capital. It's not like I have a choice. Even I can't fight a hundred sentinels by myself."
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:52 pm

Kara caught sight of Fredrick walking away from an upstairs window. Curiosity overcame her as she hurried to put on the rest of the outfit. Where could he possibly be going? From what she'd seen of him, he didn't seem to speak to many people. After tugging the blouse on and quickly wrapping the cloak around her, Kara rushed downstairs. She then gave Flatso a confused look, before speaking.

"Where's he going? Actually, never mind. What do you think?" She said, giving a small twirl.

Meanwhile, Fredrick continued slipping through the colony towards the port, eventually catching sight of the elves. It seemed like something else was about to happen. Or rather, something had happened and was dying down. He hadn't been expecting their arrival, however. It seemed that yet another thing had changed. Still, he couldn't complain. Everyone was together again, bar Serso. The thought of her whereabouts not being known caused Fredrick to shudder. He couldn't imagine where she'd be, or how she too would have changed. His next task was clear, although he couldn't abandon his duties with the others.

"Is everything alright here?" He asked, calmly approaching Elessar.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:04 am

Elessar glanced at Fredrick, raising an eyebrow. "Yes, I suppose everything is alright. I'm going to have to go with these nice gentlemen to the elf capital. I don't suppose you could go run to Kara wherever she is and ask her if she'd like to come along with me, would you? It shouldn't be too unpleasant of a trip. They are going to try to get me killed in a duel, but I'm sure I'll manage, then we can all go out for a few drinks. I know a lovely little place in the capital, near a quiet little brook. We'd be able to explore my homeland as well, and she could perhaps meet that elf she had been asking me about a few days ago in the forest, the librarian? Something about him being a former kiira. I don't imagine the meeting would go well for him, but she seemed quite interested in finding him, so I figured I'd extend an offer."

The commanding officer looked quite unnerved, the entire situation going very different than how he would have initially expected it to go. He had expected Ithlaen Roseburn to be a viscous, savage criminal from what he had been told by the King, and he had been expecting a fierce fight, not.... not to be mocked and outright ignored by the heir to the Roseburn Family. He was even inviting people to come with him to the elf nation, as if it was a sightseeing trip! He cleared his throat, and spoke firmly in common, hating the feeling of the lower language on his tongue, "Be silent you criminal! You are going to be taken to your death at the order of the High Council, not a thrice forsaken duel! You and anyone who is guilty of harboring you shall be killed as a show by the Othrium Empire against crime!"

The commanding officer turned to Fredrick and he pointed his sword at him, "You! Human! Do you and this... Kara know this man!?" He straightened his armour, brushing off the dirt, a look of anger in his eyes. He was the youngest Sentinel Captain in the history of the Empire! He was an unparalleled prodigy! He had been given the honor of taking one of the biggest criminals in the last thousand years of the Empire back to the capital to face justice, and yet that criminal thought so little of him that he would try to make him look the fool!? He would not stand for it! He would be successful in his mission, and he would request the High Council give him the honor of being the one to end this criminals life! He wouldn't be mocking him once his head was rolling in the dirt!
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Thu Mar 08, 2018 12:49 am

Master Flatso Needlestring smiled warmly at Kara's delight at her new outfit. It reminded him of his favorite niece, how she acted when she visited his parlour when she was a little girl.

"I must say, I am delighted that you like it. It does this old heart good to see a young lady who appreciate the simple little things." He got up from his seat and took the bag of soup buns from his pug's saddlebag. "Reminds me of my favorite niece, Rosie. She'd probably be tickled to meet you! Her thesis on using opposing elemental enchantments on longbows got her a research position with a noble Elven house. Soup bun?" The halfling held the bag of soup buns open for Kara to take one.

Meanwhile, the confrontation in the town was driving Tarkin to madness. He didn't understand one word of the High Elven being spoken, but the mere fact it was being spoken was intimidating him. The arrival of Frederick was a bit of a calming factor, if just for the fact that he wasn't an elf. The Avian pulled Frederick aside before he could respond to the commander's question.

"Don't speak to them! They'll take your soul and use it to fuel their dark magic!" Tarkin's voice trembled in terror. The young commander seemed ready to abandon his orders in the name of his pride, and Tarkin fully expected blood to flow. He was scanning for an escape route.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Khol

Post by Khol » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:16 am

Wendy looked up at the stranger and immediately jumped to her feet, eyes sparkling with excitement "Well sir, the question isn't if you can aid me, but if I can aid you!" Reaching down, she grabbed her measuring tape and began taking the man's measurements "I see that you would look magnificent in some high quality steel plate. Not to your liking? How about some chain mail? Scale plate?" Wendy moved rapidly around him, measuring his legs, arms, shoulders and chest "If you want, I could even use some titanium! It'll be extra, but extremely worth it!" Writing everything down, she didn't take a break in her speech "Giventhelengthofyourarmsandlegshowbroadyourchestisawellasyourshouldersyou'relookingatroughly500goldbutifyouchoosetousetitaniumit'llbeanextrachargeof200goldbutyoubeingmyfirstcustomerI'llgiveyouaspecialdiscountandbringthepricedownto400gold!" After her flurry of words, she handed the man a sheet of paper with the price calculations "What do you say?"

"We Alchemist are the closest thing to a God there is." - Edward Elric, the Fullmetal Alchemist
"Behold, Excalibur!" - Saber, Arturia Pendragon King of Knights

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:08 pm

"This is going to be interesting," Cassandra said with a large smirk. "An accused traitor to the elven nation, not killed on the spot? With orders to bring him to the high council?" She'd gone back to the common tongue of this age. "Since when?" the very tone of her voice said it all, and the way she asked forced others to reconsider. She looked at the scared avian, "Blood magic? I thought that art had been banished some 200 thousand years ago," while it would definitely interest her had blood magic been rediscovered, she doubted it.

"Well the young Ithlaen won't invite me as I've never seen him before today," Cassandra said, "but that doesn't mean that you'll get rid of me that easily either. I'm coming, wether you like it or not. Or has the elven nation became too small to fit the once greatest quests of a king?" she said. While the dialect she spoke in was nothing elven, her words hit hard.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:26 pm

Kara listened to Flatso's comments, blushing at what he said. She wasn't above receiving compliments. His offer of a soup bun was also accepted by Kara, picking one from the back and beginning to nibble on it lightly. It was a chance to learn more about foods within the colony which when paired with his demeanour made the offer almost impossible to refuse.

"This is nice. Thank you, Master Flatso. I think it'd be best if I found Fredrick though. I'm sure he'd want to give his opinion on it. He was interested earlier, so I'm wondering why he's gone now." She said, before leaving the Office, motioning for him to follow after her.

Meanwhile, Fredrick had listened to what Elessar had said. He was unaware of Kara being a member of any group, especially the 'Kiira', as Elssar had put them. He'd have to ask more about them later. A warning had also come with the information, which Fredrick kept in mind. He then heard the Captain begin to question him before he was taken aside by a being he'd never seen before. It seemed to be incredibly worried by the magic that the elves were using, though Fredrick remained relatively calm. The worst thing that he could do would be to lose his focus. In a swift motion, Fredrick loosened himself from Tarkin's grip.

"Calm down and conduct yourself. I don't they have that in mind. Besides, I've dealt with far worse than the likes of them." He informed the Avain, before turning to the elves.

Cassandra had also caught Fred's attention. She'd noticed that something was odd about the situation, which Fredrick noted in turn. She also seemed to possess a fiery side, staying relatively determined and wanting to leave with Elessar. She also seemed to be fairly familiar with the history of the world, so she'd make a good reference point for the future.

"If this main claims that Kara spoke to him, then I believe that question answers itself. I'll take it this means that we're coming with you and we'll be more than happy to comply. However, nobody from this Colony, including those leaving with you are to be harmed. I wouldn't advise it." He informed the Captain, a certain glint in his eyes suggesting that Fredrick was holding something back.

"It's good to see you're consulting me before making decisions like that. But yes, those terms seem reasonable. Besides, anything concerning Elessar concerns us too." Kara said, approaching the group.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:33 am

Tarroc raised an eyebrow, looking at Wendy as she babbled. He was quiet for a moment, running what she said through his head, although at a much slower speed so it actually sounded like words. He then chuckled, shaking his head slightly, "I'm afraid I don't need armour little one. My body is all the armour I need after all."

He tapped his arm, and the sound of his hand hitting his arm was... odd. It didn't sound like the typical sound of flesh on flesh, it sounded more like some form of tough material hitting more tough material. Tarroc's flesh wasn't human flesh. He didn't possess skin, or normal human muscle, he instead possessed skin coloured scales, and extremely tough, and dense muscles under his skin. "Well.... I'm tougher than normal people are, but I suppose extra defense couldn't hurt. I'd be willing to come to your shop and take a look at your wares sometime."

Tarroc thought for a moment or two, before speaking up again, something shifting deep within his golden eyes. "I would actually be willing to help you in your forge if you need help however. I've lived a very long life and I know quite a few secrets, and although smelting and forging isn't exactly my specialty, I do know some helpful techniques." Dragon fire was unique, and if it was used as a form of smelting metal, the melted metal would take on special properties, namely being far more strong and flexible than normal metal would be.

Ithlaen glanced over at Kara, and he smiled broadly, obviously enjoying yourself. "Ah, Kara! Hello again. I suppose there's no point in hiding information anymore. I didn't want to tell you earlier, as I wanted to avoid these people finding me, but now that they have found me, I don't have to worry. I can introduce myself properly. My name isn't actually Elessar. My true name is Ithlaen Roseburn, heir to the House Of Roseburn, the new royal family of the elf empire. I suppose that makes me the prince of the elves."

The commander grit his teeth and he pointed his sword at Fredrick and he shouted in common, "Shut your mouth! Who are you to try to give me orders!? You're just some human living in a disgraceful hovel! You should recognize your betters and keep your mouth shut, you trash!" At that remark, Ithlaen turned to face the young elf and he frowned, snapping his fingers, causing the air around the commander to ripple. The elf commander collapsed to the ground, looking like he was being pressed into the ground by an invisible force.

Ithlaen walked over to the commander, and he crouched next to him, talking to him like an older brother chastising a foolish, naughty younger sibling, "Now that was just rude. There's no need to shout or insult these people's homes, kiddo. Now are you going to apologize, or am I going to have to teach you some manners?" Ithlaen's smirk vanished as the hairs on the back of his neck stood up, as did the hairs on the necks of just about everyone around them as every single elf mage pointed their staves at Ithlaen, magic coursing through them. They weren't casting any spells yet, but it was a clear warning to Ithlaen to behave. They wouldn't kill him, but these were experts, they could deal a lot of pain without killing him.

Ithlaen wasn't exactly cowed, but he clearly got the message that he wasn't the one with all the cards right now. He sighed, standing up and cancelling the gravity magic affecting the commander and he walked back over to the people he knew. "I apologize for this. I must admit, I came to this island partly because I thought this would be the last place they looked for me, but it seems they found me none the less. I assure you though, Fredrick, those elves wearing the armour and the robes are trained professionals, unlike their commander. They won't harm you on the trip to the capital. They'll act in a manner befitting their position of the elite of the elf military."

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:11 am

Master Flatso Needlestring followed Kara out of office, into the town square. Sir Snuggles followed closely behind, still wearing a dopey expression. The halfling surveyed the confrontation with a weary eye. He listened quietly to Elessar's explanation of what was going on.

"So this is bloody politicking then? I'm too old for this aodach." The halfling let out a deep belly laugh seeing Elessar dominate the young Elven captain. Unconcerned with the soldiers, Master Flatso Needlestring began to walk towards his shop. "Do stop by after you've finished your business overseas, we'll get that order of yours sorted out."

At the same time, Tarkin was starting to regain some of his composure. Seeing the captain get embarrassed was certainly a calming factor. Standing up straight, the Avian looked down at the impetuous officer with a hint of amusement in his eye. Hoping to save face in light of his previous behavior, Tarkin put up a shield of bravado to ease his nerves.

"Mayhaps after Sir... Ithlaen, was it?... crushes whatever challenge your Witch-King may lay out for him, I might endeavor to meet you on the field of honor."
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.