[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

TehMagicPudding

Re: [RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by TehMagicPudding » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:59 pm

Master Flatso Needlestring fought down a chuckle, reducing it to an amused snort. "Spare me the thought of Frederick in your clothes." The halfling produced a small knife from his belt. "Watch this. I think in your line of work, you'll appreciate this." He took the sleeve of the silk blouse and held it taut. Before Kara could protest, he ran the tip of the blade along the sleeve. Master Flatso Needlestring then put his hand to the inside to show that there wasn't a single damaged thread. "It's no replacement for proper armor, but my finest silk is far sight more durable than any mundane clothing."
Cheeky line break Elves going to Suplex City

Tarkin made his way into the town square, the only landmark in the town that he comprehended. He could see an Eleven man standing in the middle of the square.
Elves are witches right? Maybe he can help me... Clutching his mother's journal to his side, Tarkin walked briskly over to Elessar. Without introducing himself, he opened the journal to the page he wanted and held it up where Elessar could see it.
"Excuse me can you please help me understand this, I've never seen anything like it before and it belonged to my mother... please?" The note the Avian was referring to was the layout for a simple scrying ritual, beginner level in complexity but unusually powerful. Tarkin looked at Elessar from behind the journal with a shy but hopeful expression on his face.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:46 pm

"Do you have a sibling?" Arthur asked Tarroc, "If not then you don't get the situation," Arthur said and gave Tarroc a look of challenge. It wasn't a threat but simply said, "You mind your own goddamn business". "Loyal to his sister," Cassandra said without even minding the young man hearing her thoughts, "I wonder what-" she started before she noticed something, or rather someone else, "Avian. Young adult. Highly military oriented race. Solo, for what purpose? Not the most handsome example but presentable in a court room. Odd war paint, dishonored or not serving the direct military line?" She noticed as he walked over to an elf. While the elf was nothing of importance. The book the avian pointed in the elf's direction was however very interesting.

She gave the elf a look and analyzed him silently, "Elf. Possible high elf characteristics. Long hair. Handsome, yet not someone that looks my type." The last was a personal note, "Mysterious atmosphere to him. People look towards him, unusual seeing him in the village. Outcast or isolated individual? Hmmm" Cassandra looked towards Arthur, "I analyze, remember and tell of knowledge you would not believe. I do not care if your or your sister's feelings are hurt in the process," she said coldly. "As for who I am, to answer your later question, I have many names, some which are more flattering that others, but I would prefer if you called me Cassandra." Next she looked at Tarroc. "Cassy is fine. But get to know me better before you nickname me," she said. Her expression made it clear that she didn't care much for how she was perceived. If at all.

Her sight once again found it's way to the Avian and elf. "That book..." she thought, "Diary like leather, self written. Not his own book, or he wouldn't be showing it the way he does. What's inside? Knowledge. Literature? Magic?" the last option seemed the most likely. But what kind? Her interest piqued.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:15 pm

Elessar examined the book, and he raised an eyebrow, glancing at Tarkin. "It's a spell for scrying. It's relatively simple, but it's more powerful than typical for spells of this base level." He puffed on his pipe for a few moments before he pulled it from his mouth, continuing to examine it. "In terms of the spell, it's nothing I haven't seen before, but as I said, it is unusually for a spell like this" He shifted his gaze to Tarkin, and he kept his eyebrow raised. "What was your mother's name? Was she a mage?"

Tarroc raised an eyebrow, looking at Arthur. "Yes, as a matter of fact I HAVE had siblings before. I don't imagine they're alive anymore though." He shrugged slightly, his golden eyes still slit slightly, "I've lived a very long time Arthur. There's a great deal you've yet to learn about me." Tarroc glanced over at Cassandra, and he smirked, "You may be older and stronger than these newly hatched babes, but there is quite a difference in age between you and I, and we both know the ties between age and power for creatures like us, young one." He chuckled, turning away and walking towards the center of town, amusement clear in his eyes as he walked away from the twins and the phoenix behind him.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Khol

Post by Khol » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:03 pm

Wendy sighed and stumbled about, whining softly to herself as her luggage jostled about "This is hopeless! I still haven't figured out what to do and on top of that, I don't have money!" She let out a high pitched cry on the inside and plopped onto the ground "I was supposed to become the greatest blacksmith the world has ever known... Now I'm just a homeless failure." Scurrying under a nearby tree, she dug through her belongings "No, no, no. It can't end like this, I won't allow it. There has to be something in here to help me through this predicament, I'm sure of it...." Wendy grumbled to herself and dumped out the contents of her bag, sorting things out to get a better look at what was available to her "Hm...." Sitting cross-legged, she rubbed an imaginary beard on her chin "I can get through this, or my name isn't Wendy PebbleChime!"
"Behold, Excalibur!" - Saber, Arturia Pendragon King of Knights

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:08 pm

Tarroc stopped walking, slowly raising an eyebrow And turning his head to the side to see a young woman against a tree with a variety of things on the ground in front of Her. He silently looked at her for a few moments before mentally shrugging as he walked over to her, his hands in his pockets, an eyebrow still raised.

He looked down at her, examining her for a brief moment, before he spoke up, ".... Are you alright? Do you require aid, in some manner?" He was bored, and she seemed distressed, so he had decided to try to help her. It wasn't a problem for him, and it helped her, while killing time for him. It was a prefect plan.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:01 pm

Cassandra stood and watched the elf and Avian talk. She did her best to hear their conversation even if Arthur stood there talking to her. She could only hear a few words clearly but that was enough, "Scrying. Unusual. Mother. Mage." Those words alone made it click for Cassandra. The young avian probably had dishonored parents, for whatever the reason, and had been given the book recently. How he'd gotten the book Cassandra couldn't tell, but probably either directly from his mother as he had to kill her, or from someone else who had killed her. The book indicated personal study into the arcane. It was probably filled with tons of new things and fresh perspective those that had nothing to lose used.

Without a moment of hesitation she made her way towards the two, interested to see the contents of that book.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:10 pm

Kara shot Flatso a smile at his comment and then watched as he drew a knife on her blouse. A part of her was apprehensive, but she trusted the clothier. It wouldn't make sense for him to destroy an outfit he'd just made. She let out a small gasp upon seeing that the blouse hadn't torn under the blade. Kara flashed back to the image of the two dead colonists, remembering how the plants had killed them. If threats like that were what she'd be facing on the island, then she'd be more than grateful for more protection.

"I... Thank you, Flatso. If it's alright with you, I might just put it on now!" She said, before rushing up the stairs with the boot case and the outfit.

Fredrick watched with a smile on his face, before it slowly faded. He then stepped out from behind the counter and made his way to the door, not looking Flatso in the eye. Instead, he stared into space, as if observing some indescribable event.

"If she asks, tell her I went for a walk." He said calmly, before stepping outside.

Fredrick then walked off into the colony.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:47 pm

As the sun hovered over Srelt, warming it and casting light down, five boats cut through the water, practically racing towards the islands. These were not the normal transport boats that brought new citizens to the island, nor were they the merchant boats that came to the island to buy and sell with the islanders. They were also clearly not fishing boats, as they were extremely well made.

If one was familiar with the elves, they would likely recognize this style of boat, and they would know it was very bad news to see them coming towards the island so quickly. These were elven warships, sung from trees, and enchanted with elven magic to allow them to move more quickly through the water, as well as being much more tough, allowing them to resist attacks and the weather with ease.

The boats landed at the dock, and as they did boards were laid out, connecting the boats to the wooden docks. Elves streamed over the boards, marching in an orderly fashion, all clad in armour with shields and blades by their sides, or clad in fine robes with arcane symbols marking them, and staffs in their hands.

Again, if one were quite familiar with elves, they would recognize the armour and robes these elves wore. These were the elite force of the elves, known as the Sentinels. They were only sent on extremely important missions, and it was rumoured one squad of Sentinels was capable of taking down a castle on their own, and it seemed that there were close to five squads. A single squad was made up of 15 armoured elves, and 5 elf mages, and there were a total of a 101 elves present, 75 armoured elves, 25 elf mages. There was one elf who wore different armour than all of the rest of the armoured elves, likely the commanding officer of this force.

They rapidly formed up on the docks and marched into town, in perfect formation with the commanding officer elf leading them from the front. He held up his hand, causing all of the elves behind him to stop in unison. An order was barked out in elvish, and in one fluid motion the elves broke formation, spreading out and approaching various people, many of whom looked rather afraid to see them, and questioning them.

After a few moments, one of the elves saw Elessar speaking to Tarkin, and he called out a word in elvish, and the elves again went into formation, and began marching towards Elessar, being led by their commanding officer, whose azure eyes gleamed as he kept a careful watch on Elessar.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:51 am

Master Flatso Needlestring took a seat in Kara's office waiting politely. There was a quiet scratching sound as Sir Snuggles, who had been sitting nicely while his Papa was talking, was scooting across the floor on his belly trying to sneak his way to the staircase.

"Chan eil!" The halfling snapped his fingers to get the pug's attention. He pointed at the floor by his feet. "Trobhad!" With a sad expression, Sir Snuggles got up from the floor, walked over to his Papa, and laid down, moping.

Out in the town square, Tarkin seemed to take offense at the use of the word "mage" to describe his mother, slamming the journal shut and squaring up with Elessar. He towered over the elf, the shade making his face markings look like tears of blood.

"My mother was not a mage! She was a Sentinel! Varya Kactis, the Blue Sun of Palaven! She channeled her magic through her armor. Mages get their powers through consort with evil spirits."
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:32 am

Elessar stared up at the angry man, puffing on his pipe, arching one eyebrow. "I take it mages are something different in your culture than they are in mine." He pulled his pipe out of his mouth, releasing a cloud of smoke in a sigh, and he stared the younger man in the eyes, no fear at all on his face, or in his eyes. "I apologize if there was a cultural misunderstanding young man, but I'd be careful about who you yell at. The world is a big, scary place, with a lot of scary people in it. You raise your voice at the wrong person, and you could be in for a world of hurt. That's not a threat, just giving you a friendly warning."

He glanced around Tarkin, and his eyes widened slightly before he sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Please stand behind me and stay quiet young man. These are some of the people I was warning you about." The 101 elves were in formation behind Tarkin, weapons drawn for the melee fighters, and staves out, spells at the ready for the mages. The head elf smirked slightly, and spoke in high-elvish, 'Well well well. I never would have guessed I'd find the shame of House Roseburn here, in this disgrace of a colony, but it seems those merchants were telling the truth after all."