[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

God Of The North
Bronze

Re: [RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by God Of The North » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:56 pm

Elessar nodded slightly, puffing on his pipe still, "I'll experience that in roughly..... four to five hundred years from now. I'll practice necromancy by then so I can complain to you from the other side." He chuckled, releasing a cloud of smoke from between his lips. The smoke glowed red, orange, and yellow as it rose up into the air, glowing with a faint light. Elessar paused, glanced into his pipe, then up at the glowing cloud, and he raised an eyebrow, before he flicked his hand through the air, causing a powerful gust of wind to blow the cloud of glowing smoke apart.

Elessar sighed, putting the pipe back into his mouth and taking a drag. "I was thinking of a custom outfit. I'll stop by the shop later, and we can discuss it then. Do you have any experience at working with magical materials, or things of that nature? I've been trying to make a custom mage outfit for the last few years, and I've finally decided I can't make it work on my own. I've enchanted some of my outfits, but there's a strong difference between an enchanted piece of clothing, and clothing whose material was raised, being imbued with magic from the start."
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:02 pm

"I had grown old and decided to see parts of the world after I resurrected. This was the first new place I found. And you NEVER resurrect before landing. Double resurrections are very, very hurtful." Cassandra responded.

A while from Cassandra and Tarroc Arthur and Pandora slowly woke up. Neither were a big morning person, but they had always managed, although it had only grown worse after they escaped from slavery. Arthur was the first out the door and made his way towards the town square. Normally he'd do something to wake up, but he was lazy this morning. Something caught his eye though. Tarroc stood there, not the weird although he still was shirtless, and some elf woman. "Seen her before?" Arthur asked backwards towards a sleepy Pandora. "The elf or the dragon?" she asked, "Either," Arthur responded. This brought smiles to their faces. Even when tired they could still joke. "Well I don't know about the elf, but I do remember Tarroc," Pandora responded.

The two made their way towards Tarroc and Cassandra, "Morning Tarroc. Who's the mistress?" Arthur asked jokingly. Cassandra looked in the direction that Arthur stood, and immediately noticed the glowing mark that signaled an elementis. Mumbling she analyzed the person before her, "Male. Handsome. Elementis. Redish-orange colored. Together with female. Lover? No to alike, unless incest is socially acceptable." With nothing more to see on Arthur she turned her head towards Pandora, "Female. Pretty I guess. Small breast, normal for this age? Elementis too. Interesting. Same coloring of the mark. Sibling elementals?"

Arthur and Pandora looked at one another hearing what Cassandra mumbled. "OK this went from weird to, what the hell just happened very quickly." Arthur said with both confusion and respect.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 pm

"This is... amazing!" Kara said, taking another sip of the hot chocolate.

As she felt her chest warm up, Kara reflected on the past few days. Compared to the first, the rest had been fairly uneventful. That wasn't necessarily a bad thing, as it had given her time to become more familiar with Ebonwell as well as update her notes accordingly. Kara had noticed that her 'observations' were more general thoughts than anything else, making them rather useless. She had resolved to continue her journal however. It helped her keep track of events and people. With regards to the office, it had been extremely quiet. They hadn't had a single visitor since setting up, which had lead to Kara and Fredrick talking to themselves by the counter to avoid becoming completely bored.

"I'm glad you like it." Fredrick said, smiling at her. He was still using his 'I knew that already' tone which he was so fond of.

He'd been the biggest mystery to Kara since she'd arrived at the island. Despite the fact that they were around each other constantly, he hadn't revealed a single thing about himself. Any attempts that Kara had made were met with a rather smooth dodge. He'd also decided to take over cooking duties, preparing what he called 'taste tests' for Kara. At first she found the idea of choosing a meal at will to be rather jarring, having grown up collecting rations from an allocation point, but Fredrick had made the process easier for her. In fact, Kara hadn't disliked a single thing he'd prepared.

"Looks like we have a visitor. I think it's the outfit. Flatso said it'd be ready by today." She replied, spying the halfling through the window.

"Hopefully. What do you reckon it'll look like?" Fredrick answered.

"Can't say I'm too sure. Speaking of changing looks, haven't you considered getting something new? How long have you been wearing that jacket for?" Kara asked, looking him up and down.

"A while, but I'm not getting rid of it. It was a gift... from a friend. It's one of those things you can't really get rid of."

Kara noted that this reply was slightly melancholic in tone.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to bring up any bad memories." She said, noting that prying too much was becoming a bad habit of hers.

"Don't be, you had no way of knowing. Besides, you're getting things mixed up. They weren't bad. I wouldn't be wearing this thing if they were." Fredrick replied, in a slightly warmer tone. There was still a sad element to it, however.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:26 pm

Tarroc glanced over at the twins and he chuckled, "Don't even try to guess. It'll take a long time for you to randomly guess it without some clues." He then paused, and he looked Pandora up and down before he glanced at Cassandra, "Are they small? It's hard to tell, and they honestly don't seem that important to me. They're just lumps of fat and tissue that produce milk." He shrugged slightly, his hands out of his pockets and by his side. "I guess breasts wouldn't seem that important to a dragon. Our kind never drink milk from our mothers, we get sustenance from our eggs, and we eat meat from the time we hatch to the time we die."

Elessar paused, a frown tugging downwards on his lips, feeling someone's gaze in the direction of him, but maybe not focused ON him. He looked around for a few moments, before catching sight of Fredrick and Kara through the window, and he raised an eyebrow, waving slightly to them. "Is it just me, or have those two been together an awful lot lately? Who IS that man? I've never seen him before the other day, but sometimes, on occasion when he looks at us... there's a look in his eyes like he KNOWS us somehow.... It's weird."
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Master Flatso Needlestring took in Elessar's request, his face turning to disbelief. There was a noticeable pause before he broke out in a deep, jolly belly laugh. It took a few moments for the halfling to compose himself before answering. "I've a great deal of experience. Before moving here I had a respectably sized clientele of nobles and courtiers in the Elven Kingdoms! Just stop by at your convenience and we'll sort out the details over tea." Master Flatso Needlestring mounted up on Sir Snuggles and gave Elessar a bow. "Good day, I look forward to your visit." Guiding the pug with his knees, he made his way to Kara's office and knocked on the door.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:35 am

"Mortal males as well as females have a tendency to fuss over the chest size of the women. While I don't know why it is still something that catches males eyes." Cassandra answered. Pandora didn't know what to look like. She was very sensitive about her breast size, she was smaller than the average and that made her feel like she was worse off than other females when it came to flirting. With a offended look Pandora turned around and left. "Correction," Cassandra said, "Breast size smaller than normal."

"Before you insult my sister any more, can I at the very least ask the name of the women I might sucker punch if she keeps it up?" "I've many names," Cassandra said, "But I do prefer to be called Cassandra."
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:39 pm

Tarroc chucked, stepping between the two groups, glancing at the Phoenix. "Alright, alright, behave everyone. Cassy, be careful of what you say. Younglings tend to be sensitive and react in a negative manner to perceived insults."

Tarroc then shifted his gaze to the twins, "And relax you two. Cassandra means no insult, she's just making clinical observations. You're a beautiful young woman Pandora, the size of your chest is perfectly fine, and it doesn't make you any less of that beautifulb young woman I said you are."

He had been looking solely at Pandora for part of that, but he shifted his attention to Arrhur. "And Arthur, not every situation calls for a fight. Try to be careful in the future, alright? There are some very old creatures in this world that would squash you. Cassy isn't as old as I am, but she's arguably more dangerous in a fight, depending on how you want to look at it."

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:29 pm

As soon as she heard Flatso knock on the door, Kara set her mug on the counter. She then made her way to the door, opening it and greeting the halfling with a smile. He'd also helped her to settle into the colony massively and Kara found Sir Snuggles to be pleasant company. Whilst she could imagine that the size of the dog could put some people off Kara didn't mind it too much.

"Good afternoon, Master Flatso." She said, bowing her head slightly and leaning to the side so that he could enter.

All the while, Fredrick remained behind the counter, observing what was happening. He was genuinely curious about what sort of outfit Flatso had prepared for Kara. Aside from the usual black tops and trousers, Fredrick found it hard to picture anything else. It would be nice to experience something new. He also needed to figure out a general plan for the future, so he took the time to consider what he'd do next. Nobody seemed to suspicious at this point, although he wasn't sure whether it was due to him or because nobody had been given the chance to thoroughly question him. Kara had made attempts, but he'd become more than used to dodging those over the past few days.

"Hello, Flatso." He said, leaning against the wall behind the counter.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:00 pm

Master Flatso Needlestring smiled brightly at Kara and Frederick. "Good day! Kara, Frederick," he returned, nodding at each in turn. The halfling dismounted from his dog and walked into the office. Sir Snuggles let out a cheerful bark as he followed behind, giving Kara an open mouthed puppy smile. Master Flatso Needlestring made his way over to the desk, placing the sack with the folded outfit inside and boot case upon it.

The outfit consisted of a blouse, trousers, boots, and a warm cloak. Made from silk harvested from his spider Darning, the blouse was yellow with subtle, minimalistic embroidery of orange flames running from the shoulders to the ends of the sleeves. The sleeves ended just below the elbow and were flared out just slightly to allow full range of movement, and the torso ended just below the waist. The pants were made from thick, sturdy linen that would keep the wearer warm from the coastal weather, and were a dark warm brown.
The boots were knee high, made from sharkskin, and dyed brown, a few shades darker than the pants. The legs split in halves to make putting them on easier and came together using laces on the inside part of the legs and gold colored clasps on the outside. The cloak was made from thick layers of lambswool and was a similar color and shade as the boots.

"I know it may seem a bit austere for such a humble place as Ebonwell, but I have a surplus of such high end materials, and am happy to share. With the cold coming soon, I figured some warm clothes might be just the thing."
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:06 pm

As Flatso opened the sack, Kara looked eagerly at the outfit. Her eyes went wide and a beaming smile formed on her face as she took out the clothes, placing the outfit on the counter to look at each item in turn. The yellow blouse caught her eye almost instantly, but Kara decided to save it for last. It looked like the most interesting item, so it only made sense. Taking the pants, she lifted them up and began examining them. She loved the colour and could feel the thickness in comparison to her regular attire. They would certainly keep her warm. Fredrick gave a small smile from behind the counter. Next up was the cloak. When she picked it up Kara rubbed her cheek against it, loving the feeling of the wool. She then wrapped it around her body, giving a small twirl before setting it down.

The boot case was then opened. Kara noticed the difference in height compared to the ones she normally wore almost instantly. Her current boots only went to her ankles, so using boots to describe them would be somewhat inappropriate. They also fared poorly against the coastal winds, with Kara's shins always feeling numb at the end of each day. For all of their intellectual prowess, the Kiira were not thoughtful clothiers. Finally came the blouse. Kara picked it up, hearing a relatively quiet snort from behind the counter. Looking over at Fredrick, a realisation suddenly hit her. Had he been judging her outfit?

Lifting it up to her chest, Kara struck a slight pose.

"This is great. A little abstract compared to what I'd normally go for, but I like it." She said to Flatso, smiling.

"Well, it's certainly different. I don't know about your choice of description though. That word doesn't suit you." Fredrick commented, causing Kara to raise an eyebrow at him.

"And what would you rather I use? VIbrant? Vivacious?" She questioned in a sarcastic tone.

"Pretentious." Fredrick replied, the know-it-all tone returning.

"Hypocritical." Kara retorted, smiling at the thought of outwitting him.

Fredrick chuckled on the final reply, leaning back further into the wall. Kara then set the blouse down, turning to Flatso.

"Thank you so much for this, Flatso. It means a lot. Also, if you could see about his outfit in the future, I'd appreciate it." She said, hugging him lightly.

"That's not happening." Fredrick said, his tone both adamant and playful at the same time.

"I guess you'll just have to settle for my hand-me-downs when those come apart then." Kara replied, shooting him a witty smile.