[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Fluffking

Re: [RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by Fluffking » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:25 pm

"After she started approaching us we kinda actively sought her out." Arthur said with a big smile. "It didn't take long to find out where to find her with most success and we just kinda hang around her. Believe it or not she didn't even know how to speak probably when we first began seeing her. She's come a long way these last few years." Arthur said almost proud. "But you're right, it took months to get her comfortable with us." "Almost a year and a half before she got this close to us." Pandora said. "We even clothed her. Or well tried to, but she didn't want any of the clothes we brought her before Pandora took a robe out here. She's... kinda still wearing it," Arthur said. "We really should get her a new one sometime," Pandora said. "We ought to make some money before that," Arthur responded. "I'm not chopping wood for money, no more of that kind of work." Pandora said, "I agree. But we still need something," he said.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:37 pm

Tarroc reached into his pocket and when he pulled his hand out there was a ruby the size of a baby's fist between his fingers. He held it out towards the twins and he gestured with chin towards WahRang, obviously sayimg the gem was to use for her sake.

"Do you know anyone else in this group, WahRang?" He spoke gently to her, gesturing towards the elf, the halfling and the halfelf near the boat. Elessar knew WahRang due to his EXTENSIVE time alone in the woods, but Tarroc had no way of knowing this.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Kara listened to Elessar's warning, considering it carefully. She could understand why he said what he did, but a part of her was doubting that the plants would do anything. Although they'd been animated, it didn't seem like they were given any heightened intelligence beyond simple thoughts. Besides, it didn't make sense considering the norms of necromancy. Thralls were rarely given anything beyond the ability to understand the commands of their masters, due to both the limitations of reanimation magic and common sense on the part of the caster. This all culminated in Kara bursting into a small fit of laughter at both Flatso and Elessar's concerns. She then began moving towards the boat, now at the hole. Whilst the interior was dark, she could spy a faint green glow between two overturned crates.

"Please, they're plants. I doubt they can even think beyond defending themselves. In other news, I believe I've found our source." Kara called out, pointing towards the glow.

"Who wants the honours?" She added.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:29 pm

Elessar raised an eyebrow and he walked in, his hands still by his side. "Weird.... I suppose they ARE just thralls in this state. They don't have the intelligence to comprehend situations beyond those in which they either need to defend themselves, or they think they need to defend themselves." Elessar walked over to the glow, and he crouched in front of it, looking to see what was causing it, and what had caused these plants to gain a semi-sentient state

He held his hand out, palm facing up, as he crouched and in the palm of his hand appeared a brilliantly glowing ball of flame. The light that was radiating from the flame spread throughout the boat, allowing them to see clearly. He was going to destroy the magical object, but before he did he wanted to see what it was. He couldn't recall any times in which he had come across an object such as this, and as such his curiosity was peaked. He would figure out what it was, then he'd destroy it, and end this whole mess. "Do you know what this thing is, Kara?"
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:51 pm

Master Flatso Needlestring followed the young mage into the vessel, clearly unsettled by the unnatural green glow. His disquiet was amplified by Elessar holding a fireball up to the artefact, but he didn't immediately smite it from existence.
"So what's your plan to destroy it? Surely you're not stupid enough to keep it around for study." His voice was unusually quiet.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:57 am

Pandora held up her hand and grabbed the ruby as Tarroc threw it to her. She then took her attention to Elessar, Flatso and Kara. "Whatever it is," she said and put the ruby in her pocket, "I'm not touching it nor am I going to get within a 10 feet radius of that thing. If it can knock out an elemental from over there," she said as she hadn't gone with the group, "I don't want to know what it will do to me when I get close."

WahRang forced her head closer into Arthur's back and began to more forcefully hold on to him. "What's wrong?" Arthur asked, but only got a tighter squeeze out of it, "Don't tell me-" he said as she only squeezed tighter. "Hold the front sis," Arthur said, "she locked down," he said and raised WahRang for a second. "I thought she stopped doing that," Pandora responded, "Well she just did," he gave again. "When we get a chance, let's get a drink together," Arthur said towards Tarroc, before he turned around and ran into the forest. "She does that when she's had enough. We call it "lock down", because she refuses to talk, move or interact. And if you force her... well she has sharp teeth and a powerful bite." Pandora said. "And that took some times to learn perfectly." Pandora said and showed her left pinky finger, it had a red mark. "About 4 months ago she did that. Trust me, she does that with everyone. Although I was sure she stopped as we could interact all day with her shortly after."

In-between planes of existence

Alexandra looked towards her brother's figure. She'd been somewhat cut of from Pandora's mental reception. Poor girl must have thought the worst to have happened for a moment. "You think they'll do OK without our help?" she asked out into the never ending void that was their current prison. They could only see magical energies, but they had a feeling of interaction in this state. "Pandora will. I'm not sure of Arthur though," Ignis responded. "Come on Simon, isn't that a bit hard. He's a good man after all." "And that is why he can be too reckless on account of others safety. He should worry about himself every once in a awhile." Simon was Ignis' first name, only his sister knew this. Simon "sat" down and waited. Waited to resurface in Arthur's mind.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:31 pm

Tarroc sighed, nodding slightly. "She's a peculiar girl. I've never seen anyone like her before, let alone been able to try to speak to her. Thousands of years..... and she's the first I've ever seen." He spoke softly, his voice turning softer. "Tell me, Arthur, Pandora. I have had some interactions with the hosts of Elementals before, at least to the extent that I am able to recognize them and their affects upon the world and the magic around them. I haven't spent enough time with any hosts of elementals to be aware of how the presence of an elemental affects your lifespan."

Tarroc held his hand up again, and he whistled a sweet little tune, causing a bird to fly out of the forest, landing on his finger, staring at Tarroc even as the dragon looked back at it. "These birds don't live for long. Only two to five years in most instances. Some deer can live for close to twenty five years. Most humans can only live to about a hundred years old. Halflings tend to live for close to a hundred and fifty years. Half elves can live until their 180's. A dwarf can live for roughly four hundred years. Half giants can live for roughly half a millennia in ideal conditions. An elf can naturally live for almost a quarter of a millennia, and can extend their lives for even longer via the use of certain magics."

He was quiet for a moment, before raising the hand the bird was on, and it flew away, back into its home in the woods. Tarroc watched it fly, before he spoke again, "I've stopped counting my years of life. I think I'm somewhere in the range of.... four thousand to five thousand years old? Maybe? I can't tell anymore, and I know there are some creatures who are ancient and make me look like I'm freshly out of my egg. Some elves claim there are phoenixes who are millions of years old. I can die, it's true, but Father Time is like an old friend of mine. He comes for many, but he will never come for me. Lady Death will come to take my soul, and the First Mother will reclaim my Spark, but who knows how long from now that could be? It could be a trillion years from now that I die. I have seen so many die.... I have watched bloodlines begin and end. I have watched empires rise up and fall."

He glanced back at the twins, and he chuckled, "A young human boy once found me in my den, close to a thousand years ago I think. He was quite scared of me, but he eventually warmed up to me once I saved him from wolves. He had no parents, and he had been left to die. That was the first time I took a human form, and I did so to adopt him as my own son. I loved him as if he truly was my own child. I stayed with him for decades, and I watched as he fell in love with a human woman. I held his baby son when he was born." Tarroc's voice became quiet, and his eyes grew distant. "I watched as the young man I adopted as a son grew old. I watched his hair, once a beautiful shade of gold, turned grey before falling out. I watched his legs that once supported him as I played with him in the forest near my cave grow frail, and shaky. I watched his muscles that once supported his family fade away leaving him a frail, weak old man. I watched the spark of life in his eyes that I loved so much fade, and I buried him. I watched the same process happen to his son, and then his son's son, and then his son's son's son. Generations of humans I loved turned to adults, and died as I watched, and I loved them all. The great great grandson of the human I adopted as a son once asked me on his deathbed, "Great great grandfather... Do we seem sad to you? We are so frail and fleeting. Our lives are like brief little candles compared to you."

Tarroc laughed, a sad sound. "I told him he was partly wrong. You humans make me happy, so very happy. Your lives are brief, and fleeting and you know it, but it is because they are brief that life has so much meaning to you. But it makes me sad, all the same, because I love you, just as I loved your father, and your grandfather, and your great grandfather, but I have to watch you all die, and I know once you die, I will never see you again. You all go to a place that I can never go, even if I too die, I will never see you, or your father, or your grandfather, or your great grandfather again."

Tarroc sighed, and shook his head slightly. "I'm sorry, I'm rambling, aren't I?" He chuckled sadly, and he smiled a wry smile as he walked away, down the beach. He walked feeling the sand between his toes and under his feet, until his feet were in the water, feeling the water rise up over his feet and his ankles. Once he was ankle deep in the water, he stopped, and he looked out over the ocean, feeling the ocean breeze and ocean spray against his face, breathing in the salty ocean air.

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:02 pm

"You expect a deity to be like anything you've seen before?" Pandora asked, "And don't give me a sob story when we're facing dangers," she said and turned towards the plants. Pandora closed her eyes for a second and outstretched her arm, in the far distance a series of bright flashes suddenly tore the horizon apart. "12?" Pandora said after she opened her eyes, "I've gone down a notch," she said. "Still strong enough to take on some measly plants," she added with a smile.

"If that orb survived a crash it's probably not made from glass, but rather a form of stone. If I remember correctly Alexandria said that marble and granite were favored for orb crafting. Well gems would be preferred but those stones if gems weren't available," Pandora corrected herself.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:11 pm

Tarroc remained silent for a few moments, his eyes closed, feeling the spray and breeze upon his face. "You misunderstand my words, young one. My words are by no means a sob story, they are an explanation. I have lived a very long life, and I have a seen a great deal of things. My body is that of a man, but this soul of mine is that of a dragon. We are creatures of pride, and greed. We desire what we desire, and we hate being denied that which we desire."

Tarroc glanced back at Pandora, and he raised an eyebrow, "We desire things, but what would you do if you desire something you can not attain, for you do not know what you desire?" He turned to face her, and he crossed his arms over his chest. "I desire something, but I do not know what it is that I truly desire. Some claim dragons desire their own death, as it serves as a freedom from desire, but my life is precious to me. Some believe dragons desire all things, but there are many things that I do not want. We desire something we do not understand, and as such, we will never be able to attain that which we desire. Will you answer my question? What would you do if you desire something you do not know of, and can not attain? You feel the desire within your very soul, like a gnawing hunger, but you do not know what will satisfy that desire."

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Sat Feb 24, 2018 7:18 pm

"Once we did chase something we didn't know what was. Freedom. You find it eventually. Arthur desired nothing more than to escape the fights and my safety. I desired nothing but his safety. That was our slave lives. But we yearned something else. We found that the day our masters learned that I had magical abilities." Pandora looked sad. "But I would not recommend you do like us. We lost our family, our friends and all of our lives. We've been building a new life ever since. Right now we seek safety, but can't seem to find it anywhere. If orcs finds us we will surely die, but where can't the orcs reach us?" her eyes were serious as she looked into Tarroc's eyes, "Trust me. I know what it feels like having a desire you cannot feed," her voice was almost heavy compared to normal.