[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

kitkat871

[RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by kitkat871 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:11 pm

Kara sat leaning against the wooden railing of the galleon, watching over her shoulder as the waves gently splashed against the sides of the ship. The journey on board The Vervain had hardly been filled with amazing sights, considering how nothing but a thick low lying mist had been surrounding the vessel most of the time. A few hours ago, she'd managed to catch a glimpse of Srelt. At first, all that she'd seen was the jagged outline of a few small mountains although as the boat neared the island a few pine trees had come into view as well. She could also make out faint details of Ebonwell too, notably a few buildings and the small wooden wall that served as a line of defence for the colony. Kara then traced her hand through her hair, eventually settling on the Masked God's symbol, sewn into the breast of her dark grey top. Hopefully this island would hold what she needed.

"I suppose there's only one way to find out..." She muttered to herself.
Last edited by kitkat871 on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

Fluffking

Re: [RP] The Srelt Archipelago

Post by Fluffking » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:35 pm

"Give it back!" Pandora yelled out in the small cottage that she and her brother lived in. "Give what back?" Her brother Arthur asked with a joking smile on his face. "I know you took my hair pin," Pandora said annyoed at her twin brother. "Oh this little thing?" Arthur asked and took forth a small sharp yellow hair pin with a small native Violet flower, and put it in his hair, "Beautiful isn't it?" he asked as he soon around ending his play in a short bow. "You're a jerk sometimes," simply responded as she janked the hair pin out of her poor brothers hair. "Must the two of you go through this play each morning," a thought that didn't quite belong to them spoke in their minds. It was the two elementals they hosted, one each, equally as close as the twins that were the hosts of them. "Of course" both siblings thought at the same time, "it's not fun unless we do it" as they smiled widely.

Stepping outside they both noticed that the boat had come by once again. "Wonder what types they have this time," Arthur said, "hopefully they are fun," his sister said and dramatically pointed with her index finger, "Now let's go meet the new arrivals," she exclamied and proudly welcomed the new day.

For about a second before both twins burst into laughther.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:43 pm

Across the open deck of the Vervain strode a black coated pug the size of a horse calf, wearing a saddle made from the finest leathers, silks, and thread. It had a dopey, cock eyed expression and it's tongue stuck out of its mouth slightly. The pug tottered up next to a woman leaning against the ship's railing and sat down with a loud thud. Soft sniffling grunts escaped its mouth as it looked up at Kara with its bulging brown eyes. It scooted on its rear, closer to her and started licking her hands softly.

From across the desk a muscled halfling with a scurried around the ship with worry in his eyes. "Sir Snuggles! Where are you darling? Come to Papa!" Around the waists of the other passengers he saw Sir Snuggles harassing a young woman. He bullied his way through the crowd, over to the woman. "Sir Snuggles! What did I tell you about wandering off." He walked up to his dog and tugged gently on his collar. The man looked up at Kara with emerald eyes. "I apologize my lovely dear. I hope Sir Snuggles was not bothering you too greatly. He does not realise that he is no longer a pup. As an apology, please come by my shop a day after make landfall! I shall tailor for you any such piece of wear you desire at no charge."
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Elessar slowly opened his golden eyes, feeling the gentle caress of the wind on his face, brushing his hair out of his eyes. He gently touched his own cheek, recalling the feeling of a small, soft hand against his cheek, its touch containing a promise of love. He kept his hand on his hand for a few moments before he sighed, shaking his head slowly.

There was no point in reminiscing. She wad dead, she had been for a while now. Imagining her touch and the sound of her voice, and the smell of her scent next to his was pointless. It would only serve to dredge up painful memories, memories he would prefer to leave beneath the surface of the pond that was his memory.

Elessar turned his gaze towards where the pile of wood normally was, and he frowned faintly, a twinkle of annoyance in his eyes. He was running low on wood. He would need to go into town to buy some more. He could create fire in other ways.... but he preferred to just burn wood normally, and he didn't have the sort of tools he would need if he wanted to chop down a tree on his own.

A reluctant sigh escaped his lips, the sound like a melancholy breeze as he stood, walking over to the window of his cabin, closing and locking it. He wouldn't be gone for long, but there was no harm in being careful. Returning to find that his cabin had been robbed would only serve to anger him, and he didn't feel like getting angry today.

As Elessar walked down the path from his cabin, he pulled out a pipe and he stuffed it with some leaves. He then raised his index finger, allowing it to catch alight, before he touched it to the leaves causing them to ignite. He then breathed it, before releasing a puff of pleasant smelling smoke. He had picked up the habit of smoking leaf years and years ago, back when he was a mercenary. It helped relax him back then, and now.... he wasn't sure what it really did for him now, besides being a pleasant smell, taste and sensation. Maybe it helped him remember his old work? He didn't honestly know.

As he walked, he caught sight of two shorter, red haired individuals, both of whom were laughing. He took another breath of the leaf, before releasing it in a puff, standing a few feet behind the two flamed haired people, as they were in his path, and he didn't feel like walking around, as the ground was damp. It had been raining earlier this morning, and although the smell of fresh rain, and dampness was indeed pleasant to the elf, he didn't feel like getting his feet wet right now, so he was going to follow the path, which was free of small, damp plants.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:57 pm

Kara's moment of thought was broken by the sound of the pug hitting the floor, which alarmed her slightly for a brief moment. Looking down at the dog, she noticed the saddle on it's back. Leaning forwards slightly, Kara began to examine the stitching of the saddle, as well as it's design and functional features. Whilst she'd read about such things in the Athenaeum, she would always relish the opportunity to see a real life example, an attitude which also extended to her spellcasting. Thinking back, Kara also realised that it was also probably one of the reasons that they'd allowed her to leave the realm in the first place. At least Srelt would offer her a quiet place to practice such things.

The halfling who bustled his way through the deck also startled Kara, causing her to jump slightly and hold the railing to rebalance herself. As she heard his apology, Kara frantically began to think of what to say in response. She'd only spoken with elves and the odd human since leaving the Athenaeum and even then she'd barely managed to keep her nerves under control. After suppressing the rising feeling in her stomach, Kara thought of of the response she deemed most suitable. Thankfully, it'd also taken the same amount of time for the halfling to finish what he was saying. Whilst the dog hadn't really caused her bother, the offer of clothing to help fit in with the local populace would certainly help.

"Thank you." She quickly uttered, deciding to take the offer of new clothing.
During a test look up for inspiration, down in desperation and left and right for information.

Xcelgamer

Post by Xcelgamer » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Telma had spent the last night rearranging, shelving new books and going over people who had borrowed books, which weren’t many, by candlelight, only realizing the sun was up because it had started hitting her glasses, distracting her from the last bit of work she had to do. She stifled a big yawn as she locked the door to the library, placed the key on a rope around her neck and went for a walk to stretch her body. As she walked she noticed two people, a boy and a girl with red hair “Brother and sister, most likely I wish they would come to the library so I could learn their names” She said quietly as she noticed an elf walking behind them “Elessar if I remember correctly, seems nice although a recluse like myself should ask him about elf culture later. Want to learn about it more” She thought to herself as she started making her ways to the docks “Well, a ship is coming in today hopefully my box of books will arrive on it might as well go wait there” She muttered to herself

"Hopefully someone on the ship likes books, it will at least give someone to talk to more than mundane chit chat" She said as she stood waiting at the docks for the ship to make land
"I'm in lesbians with you." Scott Pilgrim

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:20 pm

Arthur were the first to notice, someone was behind them. Stopping his laughter almost immediately, and looked backwards. "Well if it isn't Elessar," he said, "back for wood again?" He asked with little to hide his smile. While he had seen Elessar often enough, they weren't all that well aquatinted. "Oh Elessar?" Pandora said with seldom intrigued. "See the boat?" She asked, "maybe someone there will actually be interesting for once, don't you think?" She asked. It was clearly meant as a joke, but one that was easy to respond to without it being a joke.

Meanwhile from the tree line a small figure spectated the events unfolding before her eyes. The small deity of the island, WahRang a figure with fox like eyes and tail. Both in a brilliant rosered color. She was too shy to meet the people on the island here. But for now she was content with just looking. Afterall someone might lose their way in the forest later. And she'd be ready by then.

One thing interested her though. She'd seen the twins many a time before, and even met the a few times. But who were the "people" inside them?
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

TehMagicPudding

Post by TehMagicPudding » Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:24 pm

"Oh, where are my manners! I am Master Flatso Needlestring, of the Needlestring clan! It is my honor to be the first resident of Ebonwell to welcome you." Master Flatso Needlestring stepped out from behind his dog, revealing his clothing. The short man was wearing plain white breeches tucked into thick brown boots and a red short sleeved tunic with a wide, low collar that perfectly and tastefully framed his massive, toned pectorals that were covered in a thick coat of dark chest hair. His clothing was tailored to emphasize his impressive muscles, which had the side effect of making his already small looking head look truly comically tiny on his body.
He gave the startled young woman a vigorous, shoulder rattling handshake. "I apologize for my abrupt leaving, but I have business to see to before this ship docks. My shop is in the town square. Look for the large building with the threaded needle sign. Come, Sir Snuggles! We have to check on Darning." Master Flatso Needlestring mounted the saddle on his pug.
The silly eyed dog cast a happy look at Kara, giving her one last slobbery kiss before tottering off to the back of the ship with his master on his back.
Science can't disprove the existence of ninjas, only their direct presence.

God Of The North
Bronze

Post by God Of The North » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Elessar took a slow, deep drag from his pipe, and he thought for a moment, before he released the smoke from the corner of his mouth. "Same answer as I've given every other time since you two have got here and started asking me about the boats, kid. I doubt it. Last time anyone interesting arrived, it was two red haired short stacks." A rare smirk tugged at the corner of his lips. These two were some of the only people who bothered to remember his name, To most inhabitants of the island, he was just the mysterious elf with long red hair who smoked a pipe.

Elessar turned his gaze in the direction of the ship and he took another drag from his pipe, and he thought for a moment. He then glanced back at the shorter twins, and he raised an eyebrow, "What were you two laughing about just now? If you're going insane, laughing for no reason, I'll have to take action, and no one wants that." His eyes weren't as warm and joking as the words that came from his lips, but that wasn't unusual for Elessar. His eyes almost always seemed to be sad and distant. The only time most people saw anything else in his eyes was when he was genuinely angered, and that hadn't happened in a public area for quite a bit of time.
He who sits upon the throne of winter shall find no enemy able to burn fiercly enough to oppose him

kitkat871

Post by kitkat871 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:49 pm

Kara listened to Flasto intently as he introduced himself, raising an eyebrow upon hearing that he was part of a clan. However, she quickly shut down any other thoughts she had about his name. Her wayward thinking had already lead to her nearly making a fool of herself and Kara never intended on making the same mistake twice. She hadn't stopped herself from making a few observations, however. To Kara, it seemed as though people on the Prime plane wore clothing with the prime intention of showing off their physical prowess. By contrast, she was more used to clothing being suited for purpose and purpose only. That would be a part of the world she'd need to adjust to, so perhaps paying a trip to the shop wouldn't be so bad after all. Deciding to note down her newfound knowledge, Kara withdrew a leather journal from her pocket, flicking open to the first page. Kara then held her palm bare, a stylus appearing in her hand.

Observation #1: Clothing is primarily used to display desirable figures in the Srelt region.

Kara let out an internal hiss upon rereading what she'd just written. No doubt somebody had discovered that already. Turning to fully face the coast, which was now steadily approaching, Kara caught sight of another local. They appeared to be a human woman, dressed in a yellow tube top and satin dance pants. The wasn't what Kara had been expecting to see, especially considering how stark a contrast it was with the mountains in the background. Had she been a competent artist, she would probably have made a sketch. As things currently stood, it gave more content for her very first note.

This appears to be common for both sexes.

The boat then reached the small docks at the foot of the settlement, with both the captain and crew telling the passengers to disembark whilst they unloaded the supplies they were carrying. Putting her journal in her pocket, Kara clicked her fingers, causing her luggage to shoot into her hands from the lower decks. It was a fairly simple suitcase, but it served it's function well. It had enough room for Kara's supply of outfits. They were identical to her current one, being a long sleeved dark grey top and black trousers that clung to her legs in a slightly tight manner. Regarding she remained proficient in presdigitation, they would be enough to last her however long she was on the Prime plane for.

Kara also came to realise that the description of a town square may have been generous, to say the least. The most immediate sight was the hall, which was at the far end from the docks. Arranged around it in a circle were several stores, all connected by a cobblestone path, which lead back to the docks. Occasionally, a dirt path deviated from the main towards a house door, but beyond that it was far from the descriptions of towns that Kara had read about. Stepping off of the boat, she began to look for her office where she'd be working.