[RP]A Tale With No Heroes

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Re: [RP]A Tale With No Heroes

Post by ShaFlow » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:21 pm

The taste of dirt hadn't been the worst thing ever. Spitting out the lump of soil that managed to make its way into his mouth, Cass slammed both fists onto the ground."I didn't take your stupid pigs, you stupid girl, now get the hell off of me before I do something stupid!" She was small, so her the girls weight really didn't harm Cass. Fighting the urge was difficult. Socking her square in the jaw seemed like something reasonable at this point. Managing to somehow catch his blind spots and knock crushed his pride...especially in front of others!

"You have until the count of three...one....three..."

------

Somewhere not too far from the group, a pair of Silver Armored knights wandered aimlessly. Yes they were Knights. As prominently the Kingdoms Emblen was embroidered into the torso of the armor.

"We have to call it in." One of the Knights addressed the other lifting up the visor of his helm.

"No way! You heard the captain! We can't comeback until we get the head of the bandit chief! If we don't..."

"Tch. This would be so much easier if we had even an ounce of help. They've set themselves a fortress!"

"--Now get the hell off of me before I do something stupid!" The voice of a man echoed faintly in the distance.

"Distress it seems like..."

"We should go investigate, maybe we can use an arrest to get ourselves out of this predicament."

The sound of commotion. Despite being on a task, the two men were still knights. Therefore the safety of Sorens citizens was still a priority. Curiously the two made their way over to the source of the sound. Hands at the sides, ready to draw their swords if need be. Reaching the destination not long after the large dark elf, the knights were in awe.

"What seems....to be the problem here?"The knight with opened visor asked puzzled. Were they a troupe of thieves? Bandits? No, they were too..."different" to be any of those.

"You know what, never mind. Doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary--er, carry on..." Whatever was going on between the unique characters, the paper work wouldn't be worth the arrest. But before being able to leave, the other knight stopped them in their tracks."I just had an epiphany."

"Eh..? Oh!"

"You all seem to be able to handle yourselves well, I take it? Would you be interested in aiding us in a task of ours? The payout from your contribution will be very hefty...starting at two hundred gold each, at least. What do you say?" The knight with his visor down addressed all of the group members, including the newcomer Ash Elf.

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:18 pm

Niro simply shook his head at the two. All this ruckus and commotion over a pig. He pushed off the tree he was leaning against and went to speak, but the appearance of two knights cut him off.

At first he was going to disassociate himself from this band of people, but then the lure of a job, a job with a hefty payout nabbed his attention. Niro wasn't sure if any of the others could handle themselves in a job where knights were required, but he didnt care in the least.

He stepped forward when the knights laid down their offer and nodded to them. "Ill take the job..." He watched the two knights, though he made sure to keep his thoughts carefully guarded.

Myrn
Trap Card

Post by Myrn » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:30 pm

"Question though....How could he steal your pigs? He's been here the whole time...."

"But-”

“Hey! Hey!” The elf girl knelt beside them and prodded the downed man. “We didn't do anything to your pigs! Don't just run around hitting people like that! You could have just asked without trying to kill him!” She scolded Ceres.

"I didn't take your stupid pigs, you stupid girl, now get the hell off of me before I do something stupid!" If she wasn’t in trouble before, she was now.

"You have until the count of three...one....three..."

Ceres was thrown off Cass’s back and had landed at the feet of a very tall, very dark, and very hot elf man. No really, the air around him was making Ceres sweat from the body heat. Cool, he looked real strong too.

"What seems....to be the problem here?"

“Nope. Nothin at all Officer!” Ceres had scrambled up and dusted herself off before responding in a chipper tone.

"You know what, never mind. Doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary--er, carry on..." The men were about to leave when they had seemed to remember something.

"You all seem to be able to handle yourselves well, I take it? Would you be interested in aiding us in a task of ours? The payout from your contribution will be very hefty...starting at two hundred gold each, at least. What do you say?" The amount of money mentioned had definitely caught Ceres’s attention. It seemed like the Nico guy was taking the job, or was it Niro? Of course she’d take it too!

“I can help too!”
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:29 am

With a sigh Cilla ran her fingers across her eyes and squeezed the bridge of her nose. This had been one of the oddest days she had in a long time; this was not going to be worth whatever that damn farmer was paying. She was going to have a pounding headache by the time nightfall happened at this rate. Cass owed her a drink and a meal when they finally got back to the inn at any rate, if they ever did get back.

“You alright there?” Cilla asked, once more leaning over and offering Cass her hand. Twice in a ten minute period, this group was bad for Cass’s health. She glanced back over her shoulder at the arrival of two knights, just what she needed today to really grind in the annoyance, but much to her surprise the knights were instead offering a job for quite a decent sum of coin. A better payday than whatever the pigs were worth, at least.

“Hey, count me and this guy in too!” Cilla called, as Cass took hold of her hand and she helped the man back up to his feet.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:08 am

Jesopai was unsure whether it was merely in his head or if some of the present people seemed to have hurried off elsewhere.
Before he could worry about it, he had to answer the woman. The woman marked by the embers of wonder.
But as the woman spoke more and more, he began wondering if he should even be honest. He could easily agree with her suspicions and be rid of the blame.
But should he?
What would he even tell her were he trying to be honest? Nothing useful. And he would spend more time stuttering than actually answering, worsening his situation.
In a flash-quick spar within his head, Jesopai decided on what he should do, and began.
"Oh, my apologies. I've met similar marks on your face, though each unique to their bearer.
It truly is an invasive thing, but sadly I cannot control such a trait of curiosity.
I worried that you had fallen victim to a familiar incident, though I won't force your hand to reminisce about your past troubles.

His mind clear although his conscience not so much, Jesopai looked around as he traced back what he saw, of the woman running elsewhere shouting about... her pigs?
Such a call did not seem to be of a playful nature but of potential distress, and so Jeso headed for where he last saw the damsel, sharing a glance with the elf that would hopefully explain his intentions, and reveal whether she would follow him or not.
Either way, Jeso would prepare to run and follow the calls emanating from within the woods.
Sho: "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakingmoon."
Neku: "Uhh... what?"
Joshua: "I think he's saying he's better than gravity."

Dapper

Post by Dapper » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:21 pm

Kayin's chocolate gaze carried across all the commotion. People running around, screams of pigs-... some... well. Some action befitting of some of her personal 'stories'. Then again, a man stood before her that could fit the profile /of/ a person from said stories. Whether that were a good, or a bad thing- well. That was up to the beholder.

"Oh, my apologies. I've met similar marks on your face, though each unique to their bearer. It truly is an invasive thing, but sadly I cannot control such a trait of curiosity. I worried that you had fallen victim to a familiar incident, though I won't force your hand to reminisce about your past troubles."

The elf instinctively ran a finger along a part of the burns, before she shuffled with her hood.

"I had-... had... had..."
A set of jittery eyes began to scour the land under her feet, flicking erratically as for a long moment, a silence fell. And then, as if the thunder to break the calm skies, the woman suddenly grabbed her forehead, bending over as she let out a pained whimper.

Theeeere we go. You should answer us, girl, before we get out our little friend...
Can she handle it? Don't want her to die. We still need her dad after all.
Don't worry. A little burn never killed anyone- well okay. It did. But it won't this time.

Kayin's breathing picked up until it carried into a wheeze.

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:36 am

Cassardis firmly took a hold of Cilla's hand. With ease hoisting himself up from the knelt position. Although he wasn't fond of the idea of helping knights, it was too late to turn down the offer. As Cilla already volunteered the two plus the reward could help with that debt. Eh, why the hell not? What's the worse that could happen..?

"Ah a hearty bunch we seem to have gotten ourselves here."

The knight joyfully crossed his arms looking to his partner who acted in a similar fashion."Good! We could definitely use a bunch like you all! Now then, if you don't mind foll-"

"Shouldn't we at least explain what they're getting into. Think of the paper work!" The companion shook their partner worryingly. Their voice muffled behind the silver helmet not fully revealing their identity.

"Always with the paperwork...fine, I guess it wouldn't hurt." The knight rolled his neck."Well the thing is, we were tasked to rid a camp of bandits just North of here. The thing is..." he paused for a moment, head hanging shamefully."-We didn't account for their numbers. We'd get killed in a moment."

"Not to mention the big guy!"The helmed knight shook."He's got this really big weapon! It's got to be at least the size of a grown man!"

"Aye, if you wish to opt out now, then do so--there's no guarantee you'll come back alive. But the reward is great. If you're still going to brave then by all means, follow us."

The one knight turned as his companion followed suite. Making their ways up North towards the sighting of the camp....

About a half an hour or so of travel...

Crouched with the attempt of moving as quietly as possible. Covered by the thick bushes and the shadows they cast it wasn't simply by peering through the camp was in sight. Unlike expected the "camp" was actually an entrance into a cave. With four guards sitting on barrels playing cards. Large orcish men wielding crude iron blades wearing snippets of leather armor on vital areas.

"We followed them here, I'm sure their leader is somewhere in that cave." The knight whispered to the rest of the group who had followed."We could rush them....or if any of you have any better ideas..."

It was at this moment Cass stood silent. Normally he had snarky comment or some type of scheme for situations such as these. But not this time. His face stretched with concern and skepticism.

Not long after a pair of Goblins trudged to the entrance of the cave. Each carrying a pig with rope bounding their tiny legs.

"See I told you, I would find a way back!" Both disappeared into the dark depths of the entrance as the guards payed no mind.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:21 am

Carefully Cilla squirmed through the brush on her belly until she found a place somewhere next to Cass where she could gaze through a break in the brush. It wasn't long until her eyes narrowed, her brow scrunched, and her lips dipped downwards into a trademark scowl. A modest clearing around the cavern, twenty feet or so, and four orc guards. They could probably take it if they just charged out of the brush, but the orcs would put up a hard fight and how many goblins were in the cave? When you saw two, you were bound to find more.

Still, a better option came to mind. Why not put all this lovely brush to work for them?

She nudged Cass with her elbow softly before squirming back towards the knights. “How about we do and old classic instead of a risky frontal assault. You guys get everyone to take up positions in the brush, I’ll give Cass my weapons, rough myself up a little and step out of the woods and give them some story about how my caravan had been attacked. I’ll slip back into the woods, hopefully they’ll follow after, and we can kill them in an ambush before the orcs can warn anyone inside of the cave.”

She reached down, and fiddled with the clasp of her sword belt.

“Sound good?”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Andromeda Infinity
Meaningless Title

Post by Andromeda Infinity » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:57 am

It all happened so fast. First he had been chasing a girl on a pig, then he found a group at the end of the trail; now somehow he ended up doing a task for a couple of knights who were too wimpy for their own job. He was going to get paid, however, and that made it all better. Laciel only kinda wished he hadn't beed drinking just a few moments ago, or at least not a whole barrel. Even so, he was confident his fighting skills were unscathed... Of course, despite being drunk. He didn't even have the time to introduce to the rest, or even get their names down, but that could wait.

Someone had apparently come up with an idea in the current situation. Right, the situation! They had to raid a lair of... Orcs? Goblins? Seemed to be both. Green skins. The amazing thought of charging head-in first and taking both guards down came across his mind, but he discarded it as he couldn't trust his mind right now. His body, yes, his mind, no. Even though one controlled the other-- It made sense to him somehow. Whatever, somebody came up with an idea anyways, so he didn't have to worry at all.

They were apparently doing a baiting move. The woman was going to lure them into the woods where the group would wait, and then ambush them in one swift move. It seemed easy enough, he liked the idea. Oddly, he doesn't recall saying a single word ever since he accepted going with them to the knights' task, until now that is. He was close enough to hear the woman give out the plan to the knights, and supported the idea. "I'd say it's worth a shot doing the Help Me." His volume was merely a whisper, though his words came out rather clumsy, partly from the alcohol taxing his speech. Nonetheless, he wasn't going to feel that once the adrenaline filled his veins.
"Swallowed hook, line, sinker and copy of angling times." - All of you

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:25 pm

Jeso turned around sharply as he heard the woman yelp.
With not a single word, he ran to her, and grabbed her by the shoulder, trying to investigate the matter.
"Ugh, I'm not a doctor..." He muttered to himself, trying to find a way to help.
"Just ignore what I said! You won't last a second here if you're that easy to influence." He added, not sure himself if it came from a place of jest or concern.
He tried to get her attention.
"We have to go." Everyone ran. That wasn't normal. There was something.
He grabbed her side and started running with her.

"Are you okay?" He said, before reaching their destination. The thick bushes and vegetation all around were calming in an eery way. Perhaps it would help.
He reached the area soon enough to understand what was going on, and joined the group with the woman by his side, so long as she didn't bolt elsewhere.

The men seemed a bit off. The glory effect sort of wears off when you start asking nobodies for help.
But fair enough. The money could be helpful.
With so much gold, Jeso could potentially outbuy the bar. Or he could use it for something else.
The honor...
He needed honor.

And so they went, Jeso hoping the woman could return to her normal awkward self.
Through the forest they went, as the knights explained what was happening.
Unlike before however, Jesopai felt less secure as he was led by the knights. Less confident of his persuasive skills as he watched the silver men discuss.
He was a bit jealous. Envious of their echelon.

The task seemed simple enough. But... so did the warning. Their help could lead them... to their doom.
He couldn't dishonor his family like that. But he couldn't let such an opportunity go either.
He would have to fight. And judging by the numbers, he would have to determine when or even if to deploy... anything.

Jesopai took in a deep breath before following the bunch.

...THEY NEVER SAID IT WOULD TAKE SO LONG!

As time passed, Jesopai ran out of things to distract him. He rubbed the back of his ear, hoping there was any ash left.
It helped, but... Urgh...
How did he end up here?

They stopped at a cave. While the knights thought of crude 'fight them and they'll die' approach, an ash elf offered something safer, and yet riskier.
Why would she put her life on the line? Of course, it would give them better fighting odds.
"It would be best to lure the enemy out." He took a good look at the woman. If anyone would be a good choice as bait that could fight back, it was her.
He avoided eye contact with the knights. He didn't want to know what was going on in their heads. The safer he feels, the better.
And if they could get the bandits into the forest, they could divide them and defeat them individually.
And they would be in a promising location for a fire.
But.... so would everyone else be.
Sho: "Any tree can drop an apple. I'll drop the freakingmoon."
Neku: "Uhh... what?"
Joshua: "I think he's saying he's better than gravity."