[RP]A Tale With No Heroes

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

[RP]A Tale With No Heroes

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:51 am

Please do not post here if you haven't been accepted in the proper Request Thread!

The job was simple enough. There shouldn't have been anything in the way of it getting completed.

Eight of a farmers pigs got loose from their pen, fleeing from the farmer and into the forest! Giving chase, the farmer only managed to scare the pigs away! The farmer couldn't simply leave his fields unattended, there was too much to tend to and so little time. So with haste he developed a small job description and sent it out to the Seasonal Arms Association. Hoping to get just about anyone agile enough to catch the damned things. Before night fall would be a blessing of some divine force!

Job Request: A Farmer in Dire Need!
My pigs have broken out of their pen once again and have fled into the forest! I don't have the means to go out and get them myself with the harvest only months away. I'm looking for any amount of agile, and creative minds to bring me back a minimum of three pigs! I'll throw in an extra amount of gold for every extra pig you can bring back!

"I've got you now!"

Cassardis lunged out from a bush in the shadows. In an attempt to subdue the once unsuspecting pig he met nothing but a face full of ground.THUD! At the last second the despite it's appearance, the pig used a newfound agility and managed to slip by his grasp. Without a second thought the pig fled hastily, an echoing panicked squeal trailing behind. For such a small and stubby creature it could sprint like a track-star. The quick succession of its little legs pushing such a heavy body was comical.

"You win this round pig! But I'll be the victor when we cross paths again...believe it!"

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Re: [RP]A Tale With No Heroes

Post by UmbraSight » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:01 am

“Cass, how did I let you rope me into this?” Cilla said, carefully sliding out of the bush she had been hiding within. With a frown she brushed a stray leaf or three off of her shoulder as she checked out the direction the pig had dashed. The little animal could sure run, but the trail it left would be extremely easy to follow. If she couldn't follow a trail so blatantly torn through the shrub, then she would be a disgrace of a hunter’s daughter. Tracking the pig wouldn't be a issue, but catching it alive?

She was better at just killing the animal rather than this dragging it back alive shtick. How did Cass always find a way to talk her into agreeing to junk like this? She needed the money, but she wasn't this desperate for it.

Not that her coin purse wasn't feeling worryingly light as of late. But that was beside the point.

“Perhaps we should change up tactics some Cass? Unless you like slamming your face into the dirt.” Cilla offered.
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:12 am

Between the squealing pigs, and the yelling, it was no wonder the rest of the wild life didn't take off in a scare.

Niro had set up his camp not far off from the two, though he had no intention of running around the bush after hogs. No his reasons for being there were quite different.

The small bounty on his head kept him on his toes. Thankfully no printed pictures had been hung of him, only that he had a tattoo on his left arm. So long as he kept the family crest covered he really didn't have any issues. Though for now since his last skirmish he was keeping to the wilds for a couple days to calm things down. Shaking his head a bit, he tossed more kindling into the camp fire to keep it going.

A week ago Niro let his guard down and was forced into a skirmish with some mercenaries out to collect the payday on his head. Much to Niros regret both men had been killed, and he himself had been injured. The bandages wrapped around his torso was evidence of that. Though the bandages were fresh, the slight tint of red on his left side was beginning to show.

Reaching down to the pot he had boiling over the fire, he dished himself out some stew he had been cooking up. Despite his injuries, he at least could still hunt, and some of the herbs he added to the stew would help his wounds heal quicker to get him back on the road, then on to Soren to start fresh.

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:37 am

"This is part of master plan! My genius scheme!"

Cassardis scolded Cilla as she s him. With swift agility he sprung up to his feet, brushing off any stuck leaves or grass. Only a dry dirt stains plagued his attire.

"Only a person with an impeccable amount of unpredictability such as myself could understand!"

The truth of the matter, was he needed the money. Desperately in fact! After once again gambling his money at the tavern, he ended up owing money to another batch of thugs. Somehow someway, the eager man would have to come up with three hundred gold before the end of the week! This alone made him a bit more anxious.

But Cilla was right, simply lunging at the pig wasn't the right idea. A change of approach. Ah! An idea!

Another scheme in mind! Another way of going about this conundrum!One that brought about a mischievous grin. Cassardis wrapped an arm around Cilla's shoulders and brought himself in really close. "Have you ever heard the tale, Lady of the Pork?" He said with an energetic charm. Other arm extended out pointing in the direction where the pig fled.

Meanwhile the creature found a calming pond, resting its tired little feet. The aroma of cooking wood piqued its innocent curiosity. Similar to a child it began towards what it believed to be the source of the smell.

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:03 am

Ceres did well for herself as she tied the legs of another pig she managed to rope in. That was pig number 3 but she wasn't going to stop at that, oh no. She was going to catch them all and collect a bigger reward and maybe she'll get free food as a bonus. Nothing beats the taste of free food.

Ceres climbed the trees once again and moved about the tree tops and searched for more bacon- piggies. Search for piggies. Food will have to wait, no matter how delicious they look... over there! A lone fat pig curiously smelling it's way to something that distracted it. Yes, this is good. As she prepared another length of rope, Ceres dropped and landed on the prime meat.

"Alright porky, you're my ticket to a delicious meal so I'm gonna need you to-WOAH!" what she didn't know was that this "porky" was a fighter and a stubborn one at that. The angry squeals and the frantic kicks did nothing to deter Ceres, the running trot was another story. If she hadn't prepared the rope first, holding on would have been far more difficult.

"Come on porky! Show me what you got!" Riding the pig was definitely not the plan, it was fun nonetheless but the pig wasn't tired yet. "Here we go!" Just as the pig hopped over obstacles, Ceres tripped the pig and crash tackled it onto its side to tie up the scrambling legs. "Whew you were a tough one, I just might keep ya to myse- hello!?"

It would appear she had stumbled across something possibly unusual.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:10 am

Niro thankfully had just finished that last bite when the odd sight of a woman riding a rather large pig came crashing into his camp. All he could do was just stare at them, in complete and total disbelief at what he just witnessed.

Of all the oddball things I've seen...She's taken the cake...

He then just burst out laughing. Despite the pain in his side he couldn't stop laughing.

After a few moments he finally got his laughing fit under control. He had to admit, since the death of his wife and destruction of his home, he hadn't laughed in years, or cracked a smile for that matter.

Standing up he strolled over to the girl and helped hold down the pig so she herself could get back on her feet. Despite his injuries, holding the pig down was easy, "By the stars I've seen some odd things, but riding a pig my dear by far takes the cake!"

Myrn
Swiggity Swooty

Post by Myrn » Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:36 am

A man was laughing and for a minute she laughed with him. She probably looked ridiculous with her get up and how she handled herself. The man praised her as she dusted herself off to stand at her whopping height of 5 feet. One could almost assume she was still a child if not for all the knives.

"By the stars I've seen some odd things, but riding a pig my dear by far takes the cake!"

"Why thank you, that was definitely on purpose and planned all along!" She took a bow as if it were a performance. "I didn't interrupt you or anything did I?"
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

Dapper

Post by Dapper » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:21 pm

Kayani kept up her scrambled run, four thugs right on her tail. Alley after alley, making sharp lefts and rights- planting her flat palm onto the walls to make sure she didn't outright slam into them. The loud, dark voice of the 'leader' of the bunch echoed through the streets continuously... but eventually, it seemed to fade away.

Was she losing them?

She wasn't stupid. She ran on through numerous alleys, even when the voice had fully long gone. Only when her breath had completely left her... she reeled to a halt. Bringing one hand to her chest, she bent over a little with audible, heaving breaths. Now and then, even a little squeek escaped her. Lowly, she muttered to herself;
"Now... hopefully-...lost-... wait."

"...Where am I?"

The robed woman blinked her chocolate-brown eyes, raising herself to more of a stance, as she took a look around. Without realising, she'd darted off into a calm part of the establishment... and a farm? A simple wooden fence circled before her. She brushed some of the cloth of her hood aside to get a better look, approaching as she heard faint conversation.

And thus, a woman coated in robes approached the group struggling with pigs. Somewhat slouched over from her endeavors, with a large satchel slung over her shoulder and some... kind of contraption strung to her back. The robes complemented her skin, and came in two colors. A light beige, and a warmer midtone brown. Her own, chocolate-skin peeked from the hood.

For now she seemed to remain silent, just looking around. Little did they know her eyesight wasn't the best, and thus she had to /really/ focus to see what in the world was going on here!

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:49 pm

“Lady and the Pork, what sort of weird fable is that exactly?” Cilla asked with narrowing eyes and the faint buzz of suspicion. Still her silver eyes followed the motion of Cass’s finger as he pointed with the weary acceptance of someone who knew some sort of trick was being played on her but with no ability to know what it was until after it had happened. Which she had learned long ago was not a great position to be in when Cass was the one holding all the cards. She crossed her arms over her chest and glanced over at Cass who was sporting his most fetching smile.

Cilla however was not going to fall for the smile, she knew what sort of folly that would be.

“But fine,” she said with a sigh, and the faintest slump of her shoulders, “I'll bite, what is your plan this time?”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Reznik

Post by Reznik » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:09 pm

With the good laugh done and the woman back on her feet, Niro handed the rope back to her. When she asked her question he merely shook his head.

"No I'm just resting up as all. Been a long day." With that he gingerly began walking back to his camp fire and sat down. Rubbing his eyes and gently rubbing on the bandages around his torso he looked back up at her.

"If your hungry take a seat, got plenty of stew left and I dont want it to go to waste..."