[RP]A Tale With No Heroes

Myrn
Trap Card

Re: [RP]A Tale With No Heroes

Post by Myrn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:01 am

"You can say that again." She responded with a stretch. With all the pops and cracks that followed, Ceres had begun to move over to the tied hog only to have stopped mid-step. Obviously the offer of free food had enticed her to linger.

"Well don't mind if I do Mister nice guy." She cheekily grinned. Not that he could have seen behind her helmet of a mask. Clearly Ceres was hungry and didn't hide the fact as she took a bowl and served herself.

"Smells sooooo good." She sat cross-legged on the ground before she removed her hood and helmet. And with a pleased smile she dug into the stew. "Thanks for the food!"

Ceres had completely forgotten about the farmer and the pigs as she wolfed the bowl. She was by far from done and grinned as she served herself seconds. Then thirds. Fourths. She wasn't going to stop until there was nothing left.
"He seemed the sort to even Dream in suave."

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:50 am

"You make it sound like, I'm a bad person!" He said with a light chuckle.

Cass removed his hands from the grumpy Elven Woman. "What's one thing that pigs love more than anything?"

Cass took a large inhale. Letting out a slowed extended exhale.

"Food."

An aroma caught his attention. One that he certainly didn't prepare for. Gurgle. His stomach agreed, picking up on the scent as well. Something was cooking, and it wasn't far either. Something good too.

"Oooooooooh, I probably should've snacked on something before we came out." With a little chuckle Cass began to spin. Like a dog chasing it's own tail aimlessly.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Stopping short he couldn't seem to pinpoint the sources direction. Scratching his brown ruffled hair he seemed to have given up.

"Well there goes that idea, I guess we have to make you look like a pig then?" He placed one hand on a hip and turned to Cilla with his signature grin.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:28 am

“I don't think you want me to answer that.” Cilla said, cracking a rare and momentary smile at his mention of her ‘making him sound bad.’ But the smile was gone soon enough, and she returned to her normal vague frown. Her brow knit at mention of food as she smelled something on the wind.

Had that smell been in the air the whole time?
She sniffed at the air, turning slightly to pinpoint a direction. She raised a finger to stop Cass as he mentioned something about her dressing up as a pig or some such nonsense. After a moment she flicked her finger in a different direction.

“The smell of the food is that way, how about we head over there instead of whatever you were planning.”
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

ShaFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShaFlow » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:52 am

Cass gave Cilla a small nod, with a small thumbs up. If the pair could detect the scent, then there was no doubt the pig caught on to it."Knew bringing you along was advantageous!" As jolly as ever Cassardis clasped both hands together before pressing forward into the direction she pointed.

"My oh my! First you've got the attitude of a tiny dog...now the nose of a bloodhound? I'm really starting to wonder about you." Cass peered over his shoulder. Placing both hands at the back of his head yawning.

Through the thick brush of the forest the pair appeared before a trio all surrounding a campfire. Two humans and a Sand-Elf wrapped in unusual garbs(to Cassardis). What an odd group, but there were surely even odder he's seen.

"Heya what are you guys up to---"

It didn't take him long to realize that there had been a pig bound, and sure enough he recognized it. How come? There was something about it's face. It had this evil glare, one that an animal of it's kind shouldn't have.

"Haha! Look at that porky! Looks like the table's have turned! Karma is a vile fiend after all!" Cassardis shouted as loud as his lungs would allow."Oh when the farmer get's his hands on you I'm gonna tell him to turn you into a nice platter!"

Cassardis attempted to drag the bounded creature but it's squealing and wiggling made it hard to keep a grip.

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:30 am

It was just dawn, but some people just liked to have a place to chat.
Unfortunately, Salix's Sap wasn't much of a place for that. Amongst the sober talkers, slept a few men who couldn't reach their home in time.
Jeso knew who they all were, spare one. But it was probably because of her armor.
It would've been interesting to see what she of all the drunkards was carrying, but she wasn't... drunk enough.

The Soren force would notice a missing knight. That is, as far as Jeso could tell. He could only guess the woman was an oddity, but he had no way to back that claim.

Might as well...
Tapping the woman on the shoulder, Jeso attempted to support her weight. Which turns out, when including a massive armor, was spine-breaking.
"Urgh..." He exhaled as the woman was finally able to support her own weight, even if only partly.
"There we go." He said, trying to draw some awareness out of the woman.
But she mattered nonsensical things.

As they went, Jeso tried drawing information out of her. Where she lived, how she was, what she knew as a knight...

"Zelda!" called out a masculine voice.
Another knight.
Both humans..

"Gi...Da ban..." She was slurring her words.

Jeso tried to hold the woman, by the name of Zelda, upright enough for the man to take her home. He could probably support her better and know where she properly lived.
"I did not take you for a monster fan." He laughed, almost too hysterically.
"Yeaaaah, um-"
"And with THAT?" He broke out laughing, calling his men over.
The man grabbed Zelda, before pointing at Jeso, and called.

"Get him."

Jeso fled, running as fast as his feet could take him.
They were right behind him! But he couldn't hurt them... he'd go to jail for life, if not worse..

There was Something, light but sturdy enough to support him..
Some wheelbarrow.
He pushed it up against the wall where it wouldn't sway, before bolting over the roof of the house it was right beside.
They were getting closer...
No no no no....
They were there.
Please, please, please, please... Just stay quiet...

He rubbed his right index finger against the back of his ear as he stayed put.
The fingerprint blurry behind the thin layer of ashes, he smelled it, breathing in the intoxicating fire...
He was silent.

As they left, he stayed put.
How long has it been?
Was he there an hour or two? He lost track of time...

He couldn't get down. Not yet.
He barely made it past the neighboring roofs, but he did.
He reached some sort of farm. The people there seemed like refreshing oddities. And a few seemed elven...
And one... seemed to be as hidden as he was.
Well, not on a rooftop, but close enough.

"How do you do?" He asked her, mind clear as a bell, smiling as he leaned down, trying to hide the fact that this will be an extremely poor dismount for him.

Looking ahead, he could notice someone.
And... a pig.
He almost burst out laughing, but considered it a friendly deed.
"Hang on!"
He clambered down as... heroically... as he could, before reaching the pig and grabbing it as well.
Was there talk of a meal?
His stomach turned. Has he eaten since last ni... Wait, did he eat? He stayed there all night... It was a good thing he could rest without anyone noticing.

With the two gripping the beast firmly, it wouldn't budge forth, only back.
"So... what are we doing?"
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

Reznik
Bronze

Post by Reznik » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 pm

Niro had watched her, astonished someone could be as hungry as she was. Shaking his head he laughed again. She was definitely an interesting lady. Finally he looked back at Ceres, "Believe me I'm no nice guy...Names Niro..."

It was that time he heard the next group of people stumbling into his camp. The one seemed rather grumpy to him, but the man he could tell was the same one yelling from earlier. Seems his little resting spot wasn't as well hidden as he suspected, and deep down that made him a little nervous.

"Well I'm assuming the smell of food brought everone here...Might as well share before the pork cowgirl here devours it all." He finished with a small chuckle. His attention then turned over towards the bushes as he quirked a brow, knowing all too well when something was amiss or out of sorts, "And you two hiding in the bushes might as well come out as well...."

Dapper

Post by Dapper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Kayani had thought she was merely on the border of the farmsite- but a sudden waft of strong scent fluttered by her nostrils. With a flutter of lashes, the woman jerked her head towards the source.

Oh...

Apparently, she had stood betwixt the simple fencing of the farmstead, and a very small encampment made by apparently the man speaking to a small armored girl. Mercenaries? It was best she be careful. There were plenty that would love to punish a knife-ear for--.

"How do you do?"

"H--!" was all Kayani could muster in sheer shock, jerking her head up to focus her chocolate-eyes on the source of the sudden voice.

An... elf? Her eyesight was bad, but she was quite close to her, so she noted the point of his ears. It almost made her somewhat relieved for a moment, though it quickly made way for worry. After all, he had a risk of getting killed like this-...right?

"Uh- yes- good how do--"

But before she could finish her sentence, the man interrupted her and had already darted off. Her eyes followed his form, before looking to the rest around the campfire. Before she realised it, she took a few steps forward- but didn't speak. Clutching the beige and brown long robes around her, fluttering in the slight breeze. Robert clinking a little on her back.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:07 pm

“Hey look, you caught your pig, it just so happens that someone already tied it up.” Cilla said, leaning back against a tree as Cass and some newcomer struggled with the squealing swine. If Cass and the elf couldn't get the pig under control, then she definitely wasn't going to go and get a face full of dirt just to also fail to help. Not helping also freed her up to worry about the more pressing questions of; who caught the pork? Why was there a camp just outside the farm? Why were there so many people here? What was up with the woman in the armor scarfing down food like she had never actually seen food before.

The important things.

She lifted a hand and flicked off a curt wave, quite the assortment of misfits here, how exactly did Cass find these sorts of people in the woods?

“So, who’s the one who caught this little cut of pork.” She asked, pointing a finger at the flailing pig. “Oh, and sorry for intruding on lunch I suppose, smelled the stew and thought it might have attracted the pig.

“But hey, if you’re offering I’ll take a bowl, Cass has had me tramping around in the woods all day so I can use a bite."
//… and it was there, and her blade flicked out catching only air. She backed from the door, worn floorboards shivering with each misplaced step...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Wint
Member+

Post by Wint » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:18 pm

She was interesting...
Her face... Why was it like that? Was she a companion of his worldly views? Or was she mistreated? Was it an accident?
Either way, he was baffled by it. And by her. She seemed.... interesting.
If they were alone, he would ask her why. Or, if he had stayed put.
The pork proved quite the challenge, but with two on the job, it turned out... better. Not well, but better.

An Ash Elf mentioned the matter, and indirectly informed Jeso that the pig was a part of a contract. Though, he was truly only helping.
"I suppose it's your catch?" He asked the man grabbing the pig with him. he asked, because the whole perimeter was covered in odd people.

Trying his best not to turn his eyes, he looked at the Sand Elf using his peripheral vision.
He had more to learn of her. Or perhaps, teach her.
Last edited by Wint on Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words are merely the smallest element of language capable of containing meaning in isolation, and as such could never directly produce the 4000 Newtons of force per square centimeter required to break bones.” - Michael Stevens

Dapper

Post by Dapper » Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:33 pm

Kayani eventually mustered up the courage to step further into the fray, amongst the masses. Her clear brown eyes slid across from face to face. She took in a soft, deep breath.

Act natural. Act natural. You're a human. They can't see your ears. Nobody will know.

Perhaps nobody spotted the ears, but her robes were hardly subtle. Not something cityfolk would wear. She looked to the two wrestling with the pig, before looking to the two seated by the fire. The only one that had approached her was the male elf. The sheer detail of his race already made her more comfortable to approach him- but well. He was neckdeep in... pig.

Her eyes flicked to the other with pointed ears. But no- if she just approached an elf... that would be even more suspicious. Internally, Kayani was panicking. And... it showed when she stepped to the campfire, and too loudly stated;

"Lovely weather in Soren isn't it?!"