Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

ariagrey

Re: Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

Post by ariagrey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:08 am

When the trio rode through the gate, Lyra saw the group of men standing before them, looking very disapproving. As Azriel spoke softly into her ear, his breathe tickled, sending goosebumps crawling over her skin. The corner of her mouth twitched as he gave her one last look, leaving her alone with Mor. More, being the gentleman he was, offered his hand to help her down. Lyra nodded at Mor's mention of not seeing the King until the evening, not really knowing what royalty life was like.

As she and Mor walked to the town they spoke. "I'm not sure where to begin really." She looked over at Mor, looking him up and down, from shoulder to the top of his head. "You two are an interesting pair." She chuckled. "Opposites really, but I suppose he needs someone like you to keep him grounded." Lyra shrugged as she looked forward again. "My only question is whether we'll be able to pull this plan off." Her expression turned serious and puzzled. "And why his grace is so insulted by my clothes." Lyra side eyed Mor, obviously joking, trying to resist the curl of her lips.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:17 am

Of course Mor grinned widely when Lyra looked up up down, though it was in a much playful way. He took notice that she has chuckled, a sign that perhaps she was warming up to him and Az. At hee observations he chuckled, "If You knew us when we were younger I would be a saint compared to him. Taking on the much responsibly takes that part of him away...thats why I can never for in his shoes."

He wove his way through the slightly crowded market, sure Lyra was always within reach. "The plan, I trust. As a general, I've followed Azriel into situations I didnt think we had a chance coming out alive. When we were children and when he became king. I may not think there's a chance it might work out, but if that is Azriel's plan, you better believe it will work or he will die trying to make it work."

Mor finally found the clothes vendor and grinned, "As for clothes, his Majesty doesn't want you drawing attention to yourself. Being in court is like being in a quiet battlefield. You mind where you step, what you say, how you say it, and most importantly, what you wear." He stopped at a section in the market that had tent set up in a glamorous fashion. An older man saw Mor and frowned, wrinkles forming. "My daughtee is ofd limits, general. If you-" Mor actually looked a bit embarrassed at that, "I'm not here for your daughter, sir," he spoke respectfully, as if he was teying to get on the man's good side, "A friend of mine here is in need of some clothing. Ahe prefers pants...like your daughter." The merchant looked at Lyra then at Mor, his frown deepening. As he turned around to search for something to present, the man muttered, "Like my daughter." There were all kinds of clothing items around the tent on tables; plain, bejeweled, glittering, embroidered, and much more shirts abd panta made from women in a different kingdom far away.

[img]https://i.pinimg.com/736x/c6/eb/f0/c6eb ... ostume.jpg[/omg] (Clothes like these to varying degrees of sparkles and glamor)

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:48 pm

"Oh, I see." Lyra nodded. "I must say I'm surprised. I can't imagine him any other way than he is, but it makes sense." She tried to imagine Azriel as mischevious and sly, but the vision just didn't appear. Mor had so much faith in his friend, she wondered what that must be like. It did, make her feel a little better about the situation, knowing that both men had faith in its outcome.

"I suppose I never thought of it that way. Where I'm from..." She paused before correcting herself. "Where I was from, clothes were the least important thing." She didn't want to elaborate more, afraid of any emotion that may lie behind her words. They approached the tent and were greeted by a man inside. Lyra's eyes scanned the attire and wrinkled her nose. It was all so extravagant and excessive. She made sure to quickly change her expression to a more neutral one as to not offend the vendor.

Lyra wandered around, trying to see if anything caught her eye. Her fingertips grazed the jewels and embroidery on the garments as she went, until she came upon a certain pile. There was a top made of linen in cornflower blue shade. It had an intricate design of embroidery covering the entire torso area in a slightly darker shade and the sleeves were short and capped. It was a more structured and simpilar piece to the rest of the clothing. Underneath it were the same style of harem pants as the rest, only they were made of linen, not see through, and in a dark brown. They also had an intricate embroidery design that matched the top, yet it was more concentrated to the bottom of the pants and wove it's way up.

Lyra smiled and picked up the set, bringing it to Mor. "I think I like these." She said a little sheepishly. "Would these work?" She pleaded silently with her eyes, not sure she'd be able to handle wearing such sparkly and bedazzled clothes. She would if she had to, but she surely wouldn't be happy about it.

(Something kind of like this, only covering the belly https://likemary.com/wp-content/uploads ... 14x300.jpg )

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:19 am

As Lyra went to look at the clothing, Mor spoke to the vendor in a tone that seemed to come from someone else entirely. "How is the business, sir?" He asked. As the vendor gave him a glare and ignored Mor, the younger gentleman looked around. Mor had been attracted to the vendor's daughter for years and had been around her enough to know she felt the same. However Mor's relationship to Azriel, his position so high at court, made the vendor skeptic. And Mor didn't blame him. Yet he hates the chance of not being able to see the woman he wanted to marry for so long at a time.

When Lyra came back with an outfit chosen the vendor nodded stiffly, "You are more modest than many of the woman he associates with," the vendor commented, throwing some shade at Not who doing takw it personal. "Those would look nice," Mor agreed. The vendor found a few other like that and Mor paid for it.

He handed the set of clothes to Lyra but Mor took it. He was a gentleman after all. "Thank you," he turned to Lyra, thinking of what she had said before on clothes not being the most important thing. "Lets go," he gavw her a kind smile. As they left he tuened back to the vendor and unashamedly asked, "Will you please tell Sehrazat I say hello?" The man said nothing and Mor only turned and led the way for Lyra to follow.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:44 am

Lyra felt a wash of relief when Mor didn't make her go look for something else. She already felt out of place, there was no need to add sparkle to the mix. Her face turned an ever so light shade of pink at the old man's comment, mostly out of sympathy for Mor. It made her wonder just how often he came here and with who.

Lyra smiled at Mor as a thank you for carrying her clothes and she felt happy to know that maybe she'd actually blend in now. That thought quickly vanished as the recollection of the bracelet around her wrist reminded her of the task yet at hand.

Once out of the tent, Lyra waited a few feet before speaking. "I don't mean to pry but, are you taken with the vendor's daughter? If so, I don't think he seems too fond of the idea of you two being together." She quickly pressed her lips into a thin line, feeling stupid for having said as much. "I just mean to say, that he's like most father's, or what i'd imagine them to be like, if they had someone pursuing their daughter. Not that you are purusing her, I just mean-" Lyra began to fluster, trying to remedy her words, but to no avail. Her face was as red as a beat as she grew silent and looked to the ground.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:21 am

Mor took one look at Lyra's face and burst into laughter. He ruffled her hair affectionately as he would a younger sister and spoke with the same warmness that he always had. "I understans your thoughts, Lyra. I am quite taken with his daughter. She's...unlike any woman I've ever met. Her father is understandably protective of her, despite despite know where our interests lie."

Mor rubbed the back of his head a bit thoughtfully aa he lead the way to the castle, "Anyone here will look to my position with envy, gladly allow mw to marry thwir daughter. But that man comes from a different different kingdom. He sees my position as dangerous. I am always a target, second to the king. With a family...they also become targets. He does not want that life foe his daughter...I don't want that life for her either. But its a bit too impossible to extinguish feelings so strong."

Mor waited foe the gates to open for them. It was nearing evening and as they walked through courtyard of the castle, there was no sight of Azriel. "This is the courtyard. The only entrance into the castle, "that was a lie but the truth would come later, "There are many rooms buf if you're looking for Azriel, he's either in the throne room, battleroom, or dungeon. Sometimes you'll find him in the arena training." Mor informed as he led Lyra through the halls with turns and stairs.

"Your room will be in his wing which as of now, is only occupied by the two of you. Its far from people of court and with your ability, you want to be far from them," Mor continued walking. It seemed as if they would never stop walking. But Mor continued to talk, "You'll have two maids. I don't know when Az would want to leave but probably in the next two days so we can prepare our trip better; this one will take a few days."

Finally they reached a heavy wooden door, "This the royal wing. It's supposed to be the room where princesses sleep when they visit," he gave Lyra a grin before handing the clothes to her, "the doors like all the doors in this wing are inpenetrable. The marks you see on it are the attempts of everyone who has tried in the last century. The maids will bring supper soon. I'll be back in the morning to check on you."

Mor turned to leave, then turned around once more. With the hands that had killed so many people in battle, and the arms that had carry the wounded to safety, he gave Lyra a tender hug. He pilles back in a timely manner, unsure whether she waa comfortable or not. "I'm deeply sorry for what happened to your people. I only ever lost my father. I cannot poasibly imagine what its like to lose an entire village. I hope we could become good friends. And give Az a chance, he's not as stiff as you think he is."

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm

Lyra couldn't help but giggle as Mor laughed and ruffled her hair. He was a kind and understanding soul, and she admired that about him. Watching him as he spoke, she could see how much he cared for the vendor's daughter. He thought so highly of her and her family that it was heart warming.

Lyra said no more of the subject on their walk back to the castle, in fear that it might be to frustrating or painful to talk about. The castle felt even more like a maze than before as Mor guided her and talked about all the possible rooms the King could be in. They whizzed by room after room, corner after corner, as she was almost struggling to keep with Mor's long strides. They came upon the door he said princesses had stayed in the past

Lyra looked over at Mor's grin and sheepishly gave a tiny smile back. It came as a shock to her that she'd be staying somewhere royalty had stayed once before. "Maids?" She questioned quietly, but Mor either didn't hear her or paid no mind. Thinking that Mor had walked away, she looked up at the massive door and all it's scaring. Suddenly arms wrapped around her and it was Mor hugging her. It came as a shock, for she had not been touched with any form affection since everyone she had known was gone. Once he pulled away, her eyes watered as he apologized, wrapping her own arms around her new clothes.

"Give Az a chance." Was the last thing Mor said before leaving. The words echoed in her head as she proceeded to enter her new room. Once inside, she shut the door and rested her forehead against the wood. Her eyes squeezed shut, tears streaming down her face as the clothes in her arms fell to the floor. Her hands came up to the door, gripping at it for support. Mor had been the first person so show her genuine kindness since this all began. It was the one thing that sent her over the edge.

After crying for what felt like an eternity, she wiped her tears and turned to look at her room. It was more extravagant than she could ever imagine. She'd never had her own room before. Her own hut, yes, but the hut itself had everything included in the small 'room'. To the right of this room sat an extremely large four poster bed, fabrics in colors of sheer creams and gold draping around it and an over abundance of pillows. Across the room from the bed was a couch and some chairs around a short table, a bowl of fruits atop said table. Opposite her was large archways that let out onto a balcony and into open, fresh air. There were candles lit about the room, the sky growing darker outside.

She was a complete new world, one she knew so little about. Lyra picked her clothes up off the floor and placed them in one of the chairs before slowly making her way over to the bed. She almost had to jump onto it because of her short stature. Before settling in, she lazily let out the braid in her hair, her curls falling down like a black curtain around her shoulders. Layingback and tucking in under the covers, it wasn't long before sleep beckoned her.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:45 am

Azriel had used the entire day to go through the economics of the kingdom. There were moments where he had gotten to eat bit the majority was spent on economics. He had caught a few lords who embezzled money and served the severe punishment that came with it. Still, he was glad to say the number of embezzlement was lower than it had been since his father was king.

However, once that was done, he had to deal with the issues plaguing all parts of the kingdom; crop growth, border patrol, and etc. By the time he had a moment for himself it was dark out and the sun had already set. He found himself walking toward his section of the castle, where he could be alone. But then he remembered that Mor had brought Lyra to one of the rooms, ans Azriel could guess which one.

Azriel knocked on the door before it dawned to him Lyra was most likely very tired and fast asleep. He was about to leave when a young boy of about 10 ran up to Azriel. Azriel knelt down and looked at the dark haired boy.

"Hello, may I help you?" The boy grinned and replied, "No, your majesty. I just seem to be wandering," he said eloquently. Azriel chuckled and ruffled the boys hair, his own face sporting a grin, "Nice job, Nikolas. Keep this up and you might catch Mor's attention." The boy's eyes sparkled and Azriel laughed, "You can train with him tomorrow. How's your sister doing?" The boy answered happily and then asked, "Who's the lady in that room? Is she a princess?" Azriel smiled and shook his head, "Those are not the right question to ask. You can introduce yourself tomorrow. You should be asleep by now."

The boy nodded and whispered something in Azriel's ear that made the king laugh and stand up with a playful smirk, "Don't make bets you're going to lose, boy," he chuckled and turned the boy away with a, "Go to sleep now. Keep your sister company." As the boy walked away, Azriel watched with a grin. If he somehow had done everything wrong in life, at least he did good with this. He gave Lyra's door another look and walked to his own.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:25 am

Lyra heard the knock at the door, but hardly stirred. She could hear voices outside and she began to wonder how late it was. Rubbing her eyes, she walked to the door, realizing that one of the voices was the King's. She froze, her hand hovering over the door handle.
It was hard to make out what they were saying, for the King and whoever else he spoke to spoke softly.

Eternal moments passed by as she bit her lip, debating on whether she should open the door or not. It wasn't long, however, before it fell silent. Finally gaining the courage, she opened her door only to find no one on the other side. He had gone, and she was dissapointed. Lyra's shoulder slumped as she shut the door again, sleep still caressing the edges of her mind.

Mor had been right about not seeing the King until late, if at all. She couldn't even imagine a life so restricting and regimented. Sleepily sauntering over to the bowl on the table across the room, she grabbed a handful of strawberries and crawled back go bed. She ate them slowly, savoring every bite. It was rare for her to have strawberries, so whenever she had the opportunity she did not waste it or take if for granted. Strawberries were her favorite after all. Her late night snack consumed and the sheets swallowing her up, Lyra drifted back into a slumber.

Morning came and she woke with the sun kissing her face. She smiled as she stretched and breathed deep. "My lady, your bath is ready." Lyra gasped as she sat up, surprised to see another person in her room. "Forgive me, my lady! I didn't mean to frighten you!" The young girl raised her hands in innocence, the embarrassment clear on her face. "I didn't know when you'd wake and it is midmorning."

Lyra pushed her hair back. "Oh, right, I thank you." It felt strange having someone call her 'my lady', that would definitely take some getting used to. Wait, did she say mid morning? Lyra jumped out of bed walking over to the maid. "I can't believe I slept that long! Is Az- I mean, is the King awake." She began to pace with nerves. "Why yes, my lady. He's been awake for hours." The maid said sheepishly. Lyra stopped pacing and looked at the girl with a frown. "Of course he has." She said. "Let's get you bathed and fed before you go worrying about anything else, my lady. You can call me Gwen." The girl gently took Lyra by the shoulders as she led her over to a large tub near the balcony.

Gwen helped Lyra undress and get into the tub and began to wash her hair. Lyra knew how to do all these things herself, but she didn't want to be rude or offend the girl. She didn't know how things worked here, she almost called the King by his first name after all. The bathing was over quickly and Gwen wrapped Lyra in a light blue robe that clung to her wet skin. "I was told that you liked this color, my lady." Gwen smiled at Lyra, guiding her to a chair, sitting in front of breaakfast, before beginning to brush her hair.

It was strange to be waited on, but it was after nice, Lyra had to admit. She finished breakfast and Gwen put lovely lavender oil in her hair. She offered to help her dress, but Lyra had to refuse, telling Gwen it was quite alright with a smile. "Very well, my lady. Someone should be with you shortly." With that, the lady in waiting left Lyra to her own devices. She walked over to the balcony, feeling the sun on her face, its heat beginning to dry her hair and damp robe. She wondered how everything could feel alright when it surely wasn't.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:36 am

Azriel woke up at the crack of dawn and went to the arena. He trained with Mor until the castle was awake and dealt with some of the issues left over from the yesterday. As for the new issues and long standing ones, he gathered his advisors and gave them a bordeline threatening speech on what would happen if they broke any laws getring the job done. He wrote letters to lords of the kingdom until his hands cramped ans had the all sent with the same threat and issues they should fix in their respective territories.

He met the maids going to Lyra's room and gave them a few instructions on what to do before leaving them to their work. He went into the courtyard to bid farewell to a visiting courtesan and his delegates from a different kingdom. Once they left he looked up and at the castle qns saw a sight that he didn't expect to see. He saw Lyra standing in her balcony, basking in all the glory of the sun, her hair loose. A small smile came on his face as he noticed how close she resembled a second sun almost.

She didn't seem to notice him, so from that long distance, Azriel took a moment to notice Lyra. The color of her hair, the taint of her skin and the expression she sported rrhay didn't resemble sadness or anger.

He got a very spontaneous idea then and walked back into the castle. The king made his way to the kitchen and told the maids to prepare lunch for two in the castle garden rather than in Lyra's room. He then walked to Lyra's room in place of the servers and knocked. He wore the same version of what he always wore, only in different colors: the soft armor, pants and boots. With the simple enough day he's had so far, Azriel didn't find it hard to wave away his usual stoicness.