Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

ariagrey

Re: Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

Post by ariagrey » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:03 pm

Azriel's answer was more comforting than she expected. It was true, if there was no fear then what they were fighting for meant nothing. Lyra knew that Bri meant the world to Azriel. She had seen what lengths he was willing to go to for his sister and rightfully so. She only hoped that someone would love her that much someday to risk it all for her.

"It is very....different, I will admit. And I dont think my maids like me very much. They get upset when I make the bed or take a bath on my own. I'm not used to people doing things for me or being so coddling." She shruged and wrapped her arms across her stomach. "I've never had anything like this, so it's all very...new."

Lyra couldn't tell if that was what he wanted to hear, but it was the truth. She was used to being busy and helping when needed, but as of right now her only concern was to help get Bri back and hopefully be done with it. Her bracelet was a constant reminder of the power she held and although it hadn't become an issue yet, some day it could be. There were so many uncertainties of how long her power could be hidden, if there were potentials for accidents or slip ups. Could she live with these 'what if's' forever? Was it worth searching far and wide for a cure of some sort?

Now was not the time to let her thoughts of her powers fog her mind. There would be plenty of time for that after they rescued Bri and escaped the clutches of Gani. "I hope you know I appreciate everything you do for me though. I dont take it for granted at all." It was hard looking him in the eyes as she said those words. She had no idea where she'd be now if she wasn't in Azriel's castle.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:42 am

The light coming in from the moon through Lyra's window reflected so well on Lyra's skin. She might as well had been glowing. Yet he did manage to listen to what she was saying because her voice was just as captivating. Another smile was easily coaxed out of him when Lyra claimed her maids did not like her. He could see how that could have easily been and waited for her to finish, noting her movements to cross her arms over her stomach. Azriel dared to lean forward and take both her hands in his, gently pulling her over to him. He was ready to reply to her earlier comments about the maids but she seemed to be in deep thought so he just watched her and waited until she was done thinking, however long it took. Although he loved the way her eyebrows came together when in deep thought, he let go of one of her hands and gently smoothed out the lines that came together on her forehead.

"Is that what has you thinking so hard?" he asked the smile still on his face, despite the very serious matter. It was strange the way he felt around Lyra. Something had shifted between last night and this morning. He felt the lack of her presence and now that she was within reach, it felt foolish to be as tense as he had been all day. "I still don't know much about you, Lyra, but I know I can safely assume you're not one to take things for granted at all," he nodded to the books around the room, "You're making use of your resources," his hands were holding hers, his thumb forming circles in a relaxed manner on the back of her hands, "I hope you also know, that I appreciate everything you have done for me," his hand brushed over the bracelet to remind her that he hadn't forgotten, "Without you, I would be exactly where I was ten years ago. You've also done me a great favor, Lyra, don't forget."

Azriel's eyes strayed from hers to her shoulder. He could see the bandage under the dress. It was an unkindly reminder of what he had done to the woman he held now and a kind one of how forgiving and undeserving he was of such forgiveness. It was rash and irrational and standing in front of Lyra at that moment, Azriel felt shame. His eyes went to the bed and he remembered her earlier comment. Choosing to stray away from where his thoughts were headed, Azriel said, "Your maids have gone their whole lives taking care of people. If there's a conflict of interest I can relieve them from tending to you. But you'll then need a guard stationed in front of your room at all times. It's a decision you will not have to make, however, because soon we'll be headed for Gani's kingdom."

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:35 pm

The feel of Azriel's skin on Lyra's as he grabbed her hands and pulled her close made her relax. There always seemed to be this tension in the room until flesh met flesh and then everything seem to calm like before a storm. His finger stroking her brow made her release a breath and his voice made the hairs on her arms stand on end. This feeling continued to rise in her like a tidal wave, but she didnt mind. It was getting harder and harder to resist these emotions and yet Lyra didnt feel like fighting them anymore.

"I'm only glad I could help at all, especially if there is no blood shed." She felt herself unconsciously taking a step forwardforward, although small, it still made the space between them smaller. If they could stay like this until the end of her days she'd be happy. Just being near Azriel was a comfort she had never had, but all of that was whisked away at the mention of Gani. "I need to prepare, but it should only take a few minutes and I'll be ready." She gave Azriel's hands a squeeze, reassuring him that she was with him on this. "I can only imagine how you're feeling. You must be overcome with an array of emotions. We will get through this and Bri will be home where she belongs. I promise this, no matter what." Without a second thought Lyra wrapped her arms around the king's frame in a tight in embrace. She held him close and felt him breathing. If this was the last time she could be this close to Azriel, she would cherish it. They were taking a risk tricking Gani and the stakes were high.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Tue May 01, 2018 5:15 am

Azriel took notice of Lyra's step forward, towards him. He didn't try to suppress the spread of warmth through his chest with that little movement. The heat and electricity that sparked once more between them but Azriel knew when it was the right time to act. He listened to Lyra and smiled a little at the way she was thinking about him and Bri, when anyone else in her shoes would be thinking of coping with their grief or their own selves.

When Lyra hugged him Azriel remained still for a few seconds before wrapping his arms around her also. It was the kind of action that promised friendship yet hinted something more. He felt it; her smaller frame holding his and letting him know it would be okay. Every emotion inside of Azriel dampened except one. His worry, his anger, his relief, they all were silenced except one in his chest that reigned even stronger at the sudden contact. But Azriel tugged it somewhere safe inaide of him and only enjoyed the moment.

After some moments he regrettably began to pull away, "That was much needes, thank you. I just want you to know, Lyra, that your presence is confort enough. And your words...I'm glad you're standing by my side," he slipped his hands from hers and immediately they felt cold and empty. "I'll let you get ready. I had originally come to tell you that Mor will not be joining us. He has too much to handle at the moment. So I will go prepare everyrhing and come foe you when ready to go."

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Tue May 01, 2018 1:53 pm

When the King pulled away Lyra wanted to ask him not to. She wanted to hold him longer, feel him, smell him, but his touch left her all the same. Lyra began to wonder if it was as surprising to Azriel as it was to her how quickly these feelings had developed. After all, who falls for the man who stabbed her in the shoulder and was going to just hand her over to Gani without a second thought. Curious.

"Mor isn't coming?" Lyra was a little surprised. She thought for sure the King would have his best man and best friend accompany them. However, she knew there were a lot of things to be done in this castle and there were illusions that needed to be upheld since the disappearance of the Kings sister, which no one knew of. That's when Lyra realized something. She'd be completely alone with Azriel for, how many days was it, three days? Treking through the wilderness, camping in the dark under the stars. Lyra had thought they'd have to put up a facade in front of Mor, another illusion needing to be upheld. It wasn't like the two hadn't been alone before, they were alone in that moment after all, but the thought of being totally isolated out in the middle of nowhere made her heart race.

She tried to hide her nervousness, turning away to grab a bag. "I'll start packing and change then. I imagine it'll be a long and arduous trip. You sure you'll make it?" Lyra teased, trying to lighten the mood. Doom and gloom could come later, she was sure there would be plenty.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu May 03, 2018 7:09 am

Azriel shook his head when Lyra asked when Mor wasn't coming. He saw the surprised look on her face and assumed she had been able to tell how close he and the other man were. They were brothers beyond blood. Azriel truthfully would have liked nothing more than for Mor to join him. Bri meant as much to Mor as she did to Azriel and he deserved to be there when they got her back. "Unfortunately, these next few weeks for Mor will be stressful. His role in the castle is defined by these upcoming weeks. If he wasn't so busy you'd would have gotten a visit from him by now," Azriel ended on a lighter note.

He was ready to leave, yet he remained where he was, unable to answer the question that remained in his head since last night. He did not think he was taking advantage of her grief, that much was clear. Yet he couldn't help the hesitation to believe Lyra felt what he felt for her. Of course he didn't mind because as long as she would let him close, he could not complain. He knew Lyra was special and a better human than possibly all the people in the castle at the moment, yet he couldn't believe one would easily forgive. Perhaps it was dangerous of him to know this, yet think of her so beautiful and ready to be at her side if she called her. It was dangerous. But for once, Azriel followed his instincts which surprising differed from what his head was telling him. He trusted Lyra. He wasn't sure why, how or even if she trusted him, but he knew he how felt and would give her as long as she needed to figure everything else out.

"I'm not sure I'll make it, Lyra. I depend on Mor to keep me entertained on these long travels," Azriel teased, a matching smile on his face. He appreciated that she was able to talk freely to him now, yet he couldn't help but wonder if it was truly because her feelings matched his genuinely. Azriel pushed that out of head, choosing to follow the matter at hand and headed for the door, "I'll be back for you in a few minutes. I have to get ready everything we'll need on the trip right next door," he pointed in the general direction of his own room, "If you finish before I do or need something urgent, just walk right in," he finished as he opened the door. He gave a parting nod as he left Lyra's room. Less than 10 meters away he reached his own room and entered.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Wed May 09, 2018 1:52 am

"Well we both know how much he likes to talk." Lyra turned around from what she was doing to face Azriel. "Think of all the great stories we'll miss and awkward prying on his part. You might die of boredom before we even reach the castle!" She laughed, unable to help herself. "I dont think I'm quite up to that caliber of entertainment, but I'm sure we'll manage." It was true there might be a lot more silence with just the two of them, but silence wasn't always bad. Perhaps spending more time alone would be enlightening.

Lyra nodded in reply as Azriel exited the room and it was as if all the light had gone. She waited a moment, her gaze fixed at the door in the empty space where the King once stood. When he is near, all she can think about is touching him, and when he is gone he is all she thought about, period. Since the day they returned to the castle from visiting the witch and since the knowing look he had given her after dismounting the horse, she was entranced.

Tearing her eyes away, she finally began to pack a few things in a small leather satchel. Slipping the straps of her dress down, and sliding out of it she quickly changed into the embroidered, linen harem pants and top from before, only this time they were a deep teal color. Her eyes appeared a brighter green in contrast. Quickly slipping on her flats and placing the strap of her bag across her body she left the room, her nerves making her tremble.

After walking down the hall Lyra stood in front of the King's door, her heart telling her to walk in and her mind telling her to simply wait. It only took her five minutes to finally knock lightly, open the door, and peek around. She stood halfway inside the room, unsure of what was proper.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu May 10, 2018 5:49 am

Azriel stopped by his desk before he went to back everything they needed. Just seeing the letters made his stomach turn into knots. The majority of being a king was dealing with the affairs of his own kingdom. Azriel controlled all the lords, not really having any land of his own but owning all the lands. Individual lords and nobles owned lands. Those who owned the most land, was the most powerful second to the king. Thus all Azriel did with his time sometimes, was solve disputes between his own nobles and lords. Sabotage, adultery, murder, were all part of what they were all willing to sacrifice for power. He read over a few of the letters and threw them back down on the desk. Azriel had a bad reputation among the nobles for being unconcerned about their squabbles though he paid close attention.

He took off his shirt it's accessories and honoraries and placed on a plain white shirt. He repeated the same action for his pants; plain black pants. He ran a hand through his hair for good luck and packed only two other plain shirts. Lyra didn't know how to ride so all the weight of the trip would be on his horse. He put both of the two shirts back and took a shirt and pant that he could wear in Gani's castle. He was closing the satchel when he heard a slight almost timid knock and the soft whistle of the door opening.

Azriel did not turn around as he put his boots back on and said, "You can come in. Although it wouldn't be a good idea since we're about to leave. Are you all packed?" he asked as he opened a few drawers and tucked some things into the satchel. He grabbed his sword, still in its sheath and strapped it across his chest. "How are you feeling?" he asked as he stopped in front of her. His eyes went down to her bracelet and all the emotions in him calmed slightly. "Are you alright with this? I won't go ahead with this if you do not want to," and he meant it. He hated how he had treated her and although he wanted to find his sister so desperately, he owed himself to Lyra to make up for how they had met. Azriel placed his hand on her back and gently guided her out the room as he closed the door, leading the way to the stables.

ariagrey

Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

Post by ariagrey » Fri May 11, 2018 2:51 am

As soon as Lyra opened the door Azriel noticed her presence. She began to wonder if she should have just waited in her room, but he did say to come to him if she finished first. "Yes." Was her simple reply as she watched the King move swiftly about his room. He had such an easy elegance about him that it was almost upsetting.

"I'm as fine as I can be at the moment. I'm trying to trust in your plan, but I am nervous if I'm honest." But of course he probably already knew that. He knew from the beginning how she felt about his plan. It was a long shot, with many risks, but if he was willing to go for it then she would be too.

Azriel guided her outside the room and the touch at the small of her back made her shiver. It was like his touch was electric, sparks flying throughout her body, sending all her cells in an excited frenzy. It was maddening how she could be thinking about his lips at a moment like this or the way his hand felt when he gripped her and pulled her close. Lyra looked up at the King as they walked through the quiet halls and wondered if any of it was real. It was hard not to contemplate whether or not the magic that flowed within her was what was actually making Azriel gravitate towards her. Or perhaps he was filling the loss of his sister with her, and once Bryn was back Lyra would no longer be needed or wanted.

These were hard things to think about, so she pushed them away as she admired the gorgeous architecture and entrancing stained glass windows, possibly for the last time. Lyra's chest felt tight at the thought of never returning to the castle, even if she had only been there a few days. All this fear and hurt was surrounding her and she was afraid she might drown in it.

The two made it quietly to the stables and Lyra took a moment to breath deep as azriel set up the horse. This was happening. She was about to mount Shadow with the King, no, he was no longer just the King, he was her King whether he knew it or not. She would ride with him into certain danger and make sure if anything else that Bryn was going home, even if that meant she never saw another day.

Lyra looked over at Azriel and smiled a heart warming smile. "We will get your sister back and all will be right again." She assured him. More than anything she wanted to just hold him for a moment, to savor it with every fiber of her being, and capture it in a special place in her heart. It was beyond her how she had fallen for this man, but fallen she had, and in that moment it was the only thing she was sure of.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:40 am

Azriel's eyebrows came together between the time he and Lyra arrive at the stables and the time he was done getting Shadow ready for the journey. He thought of his plan, front back and sideways. He anticipated anything Gani might say: yes, no, maybe...and how he was going to get his sister back no matter what. He didn't want to have to consider Lyra, but he did. Just in case he felt attracted to Lyra because of the stone-the power she held, Gani might also feel the same. If he just took an interest in Lyra, no stone or powers in the mix. Azriel had the conditions of the plan all sorted out and had only one goal: to return to the castle with one more person than he left with. He and Lyra were returning, and so would his sister.

He couldn't tell Lyra all the details of the plan, because so much of it depended on Gani's response. That only made him realize how amazing it was that Lyra was willing to ride on this journey with him, into an unknown kingdom and trust that he was not going to give her away or trade her for his sister. Just that realization gave Azriel the relief to relax, trust in his plan and say, "It warms my heart to see you care for someone you've never met before. It surprises me to know you're willing to stand at my side, after everything, and trust me." Azriel held the Shadow's reigns in his hand, the other brushing back a tendril of hair from Lyra's face. Usually, with Mor, he was trying to find the difference between bravery and stupidity, but here there was no battle. It was just bravery.

"You're incredibly brave. Caring...noble," he leaned down slightly so she saw his eyes as he said what he said next. He met hers so she knew her trust was placed in the right man, that he would not let her down. He wanted to let her know she had nothing to fear, "No matter what happens at that castle, I am not leaving without you. My sister has survived for ten years. We will find another way to get her back if all else fails. But you will be returning," and it was a promise.

So close to hear Azriel couldn't resist the beckon. He placed a kiss on her lips, small yet not insignificant. It solidified his promise. He pulled back before their situation took a turn and in one smooth movement, settled on his horse, "You'll be riding in front of me...so you'll be my eyes once again," he smiled a bit as he offered his hand to her from atop of Shadow.